1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I dunno, until about 2 years ago she was cute and pretty but since she left her teens her face has become a bit...sharp?

• Agree Agree x 9
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    @Uunggoy be careful with your words/fingers, or the mods will ban you :gavel:

Anyway, all eliminated girls went to korea today. But sadly, not the dropped out one. Booo >(
    #justice4miku #justice4azusa #justice4cocona #justice4amane #justice4jurina(?)

• Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  3. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I think you just need to be open to the fact that others have a different opinion (of sakura) and that the final group are not going to be the 12 best performers -- in fact some of the really good performers have already been eliminated imo.

Anyway, good to see that tomu is going to be there. I hope murase and mako and of course boombayah team 2 are going to be there as well.

Last edited: Aug 30, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 3
  4. Raidanzoup

Raidanzoup Kenkyuusei

She could end up being "a whole" Jung Chaeyeon if she ends up being burdened by the responsibilities of both of her groups as she successfully promotes in the temporary team over the permanent one. ayyy

Anyway, here's more fun stuff like Yujin wrecking Yuri, Hiichan's cheeks containing hopes and dreams, Sakura being told to not wear glasses, and Nako being used for entertainment.

if the video does not show watch the video here

5. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    yup they're in korea now. i cant wait for hyewon being on the top 12 and mentioning minami on her speech!! i love this duo so much!!!

• Like Like x 3
  6. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

They seem to be pretty level headed and provide a warning most of the time. I read enough of the early pages and other threads to see who is banned (from threads) and for what. :p However, I think it's fine to say that her smile looks botox infused because I said "looks" rather than "is". I also didn't say she was ugly. My reply was to someone who said that she was the prettiest and I said nope, she is not (and provided my reason on top of it.) @Reveen disliked my post but said something much worse and got likes :p Where I said "this is what it looks like" and implied she isn't the prettiest girl (without calling her ugly), the aforementioned poster replied to "she's pretty" with "I dunno". So... I know this is an international forum, but what I said was certainly much closer to "she's not as pretty as the others" whereas the post with likes says "I'm not sure she's pretty". That's.... how English works. :p

EDIT: Sakura is going to be in the group, no question. As this is a fan vote, it's pretty obvious that it's a popularity contest. However, if I'm going to support the girls I do really like, that also means I am going to be supporting the girls I don't necessarily like as much. What kind of person is going to be an anti of a group of idols just because they're annoyed that a lot of people don't like the same members you do? To me that's dumb. I think a lot of people aren't really grasping the things I'm saying, it's either/or to them. It's not like that. Sakura on the team? That's probably going to be incredibly helpful for the group as a whole, so how can I hate? There should always be room, though, for some clarity, honesty and reality.

• Winner Winner x 2
  7. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

Exactly. There really isn't any big Korean group that has a truly ugly member. Or a member who most would deem a little below average.

• Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

In fact, that's one of the requirements for a group to make it big. If you follow kpop closely--I mean intensely--for long enough, you'll find some great pop by some sub-visual artist or group. People who love the music will just love the music no matter what, but the majority are going to ignore it because they aren't going to get as much screen time on MNET/KBS/SBS/whatever might be new. They aren't going to get the drama calls or CM calls. They aren't going to get the advertisements. They're going to be heavily criticized and they're likely going to change. Oh and when they do change in order to fit the demands of the netizens? They'll be criticized. Gosh I miss Piggy Dolls. :(

EDIT: Piggy Dolls debut

Comeback several months later:

They were destroyed by netizens for their appearance in the first, then destroyed by those same netizens for changing...while still being destroyed by netizens for their come back appearance in general.

9. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I think Sakura's visual is what I called above average. I can name 10 remaining girls whom I think are prettier than her. But again, beauty is subjective.

Speaking about beauty though, I'm really surprised that Hyewon was not in top 11 visuals picked by contestants. To me, she is the most beautiful member in the competition (yes..even more than Minju and Yiren).

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. kamihime

kamihime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    visual is both a talent and a position in kpop
    i think that speaks volumes

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  11. MyaoOshi1

MyaoOshi1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    I'm really scared for Miho. I really don't wanna see her face of deception if she doesn't make it into top 12

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    It's not only Kpop that values visual.

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. riduch

riduch Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    She's pretty, like super pretty, her talent is on par with hyewon but in a kpop group having an ultra pretty member is necessary regardless of talent.

• Disagree Disagree x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  14. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Mod Note: Do not double or triple (or in this case quadruple) post. One post at a time. Use edit if you have more to say.

I don't know, I have never heard of that topic before, then again, I don't go on here much. Plus, it's not like I started a new thread about it.

And some of us like groups from other countries also, it's not just about the 48 groups, though I love more of the other girls in Produce 48.

That's true and I have already accepted that fact.
    Yes, it's great to see the girls supporting each other.

You do realise that these girls are also talented or have personality don't you? Yes, they have visuals, but they also have charisma and other certain qualities that people love about them. Sakura only has a visual and every performance she does, is completely average. She's never confident and even when she is, she never stands out and it's still her whole team who is carrying her.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  15. half23

half23 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Shinozaki Ayana
    why? anything happening? are the eliminated member went to korea again?

16. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Same Mod Note: No triple posting. Learn the rules: "Do not spam/double post/triple post"
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/the-official-stage48-rules.13331/

Who said anything about hating Sakura? I don't hate her, I'm just discussing that she's mainly taking away a place for a girl who is more talented or has more charisma than her, but I don't hate her, I don't hate any of the girls. We just have our favourites and I am just trying to understand why Sakura is so popular when she is one of the least exciting girls in the show.

I have yet to see what's so appealing about her other than the fact that she's pretty.
    It is fact when there are many other girls who have a lot more qualities than her who don't debut because she debuts instead.

Yes, there are some members who came back as an audience member to watch the show.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 30, 2018
    • Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Old Old x 3
    • Creative Creative x 1
  17. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    they went back in Korea for the final, there're pics in the pages before this.
    I love all the stuff MNET put on the channel... but I wish they won't spoil half episode. :glare:

18. Third Child

Third Child Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    just because she's one of the least exciting girls in your eyes doesn't mean it's the same for the rest of us. stop pushing your opinions as facts lol.

• Agree Agree x 16
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Yes, I can completely understand this type of backlash for voicing my opinion lol the fans are pretty delusional. still, I will watch the show until the end and support the girls who I love.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  20. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Wall of @FOAKB48 . Maybe.... click the + quote, then click insert quotes after reading everything you want to reply to, then reply to everything in a single post?

• Useful Useful x 2