TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

That is true but when you get someone like Sakura who has already had so much success in Japan take away from someone who hasn't had so much success yet because they were not that known, then this is obvious that Sakura has had a headstart on someone who would otherwise debuted instead of her.

Like I said, those people are delusional because she has no qualities.

Anyway, I she will debut and there is nothing I can do about that on my own because she is too popular and I have already accepted that.

That is true, you like who you like I guess.

Thanks for that :D

• Dislike Dislike x 8
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Old Old x 1
  2. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    May I suggest to read the rules to post on this forum? Pretty sure there is a rule about posting back to back. It is better to edit your cluster of post into one and then delete the rest :)

Pretty much agree with this. For me Sakura is much more interesting than many other "more talented" Koreans.
    Well even Yamada Noe is much more interesting than some who is in the finale. And what is her skill? Being crazy with loud husky voice?

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. budhi.waspodho

budhi.waspodho Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri
    I wonder if Seungri (CEO YGX) will watch the final show, looking for a new trainee for YGX Academy.

4. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Yamada Noe doesn't have much talent, but she has many other qualities that I love about her and she's a great laugh. She's exciting (Something that Sakura has none of) and I was disappointed she dropped so low and went out of the competition.
    I will continue to support her now that she's gone though :)

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  5. CDXVII

CDXVII Kenkyuusei

Rather than think like that. I feel like this is more like a huge promotion for the 48G to enter the Korean market to have the 48G girls becoming more mainstream to the masses as Japanese artists don't tend to promote/perform in S.Korea... only lately we've been seeing more J-Artists (Example: Exile Generations performing in a Korean show). Back then, at most you'd get Namie Amuro and Goto Maki singing in Korean.

Nearly a decade ago during the rise of K-POP, Hello! Project had a popular show in Korea to essentially help with their expansion into Asian... which ultimately failed because they essentially did nothing major with the winner (still mad they didn't make a Korean sister group to Morning Musume).

With that said, as a major Hello! Project fan from back in the day, I feel like 48G succeeded where H!P failed with certain projects, ultimately one being able to enter the Korean market successfully. I am really excited to see this group succeed no matter which members end up in the final group.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

No, it's not just me who thinks that. It's up to you who you like, I just don't understand her popularity when there are so many other girls who should be fighting for debut instead of her because they have much more qualities than her. Do I really need to explain?
    So you like Sakura, that is completely fine with me and my opinion shouldn't matter to you. Yet, you're getting in my face about my opinion. You have an opinion, I have an opinion. You think she's great, I think she's not great. so let's just leave it at that.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Old Old x 2
  7. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

That would be nice, wouldn't it? Hopefully it would work out that way, but if that were the case wouldn't it need to be run somewhat similar to 48g? And perform similarly? With similar music? At least part of the time? Otherwise, it's just a kpop group with a few Japanese girls. :p I still enjoy the show, and it's enlightened me to some 48g favorites to start following, but it isn't--to me--going in a direction that suggests they want to bridge that gap. I certainly hope so, though. It'd be nice to see a future 48g in South Korea, for sure.

EDIT: Had a small issue with connection and this may possibly double post at some point while I am sleeping. If it does, and if it's still there when I wake up, I'll take care of it. :)

• Like Like x 2
  8. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    No, you already make a 2 page essay about it today.

Deal. So would you do your part? Pretty sure many others already tried to say the same thing. :approve:

I just cannot imagine Gaeun performing Warota People [hehe] or Jabaja.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Yet, I only replied to 5% of those 2 pages (actually, it was 3 pages lol)
    Yes, I will do my part if other people can also do their part.

• Old Old x 8
  10. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Have the last three pages been all about... Sakura?

:fp:

• Agree Agree x 10
    • Like Like x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Okay.

• Old Old x 5
  12. CDXVII

CDXVII Kenkyuusei

I think one point of difference is having Akimoto as one of the producers for the debut album+ having the 48G girls getting the Korean-style trainings they are unable to get in Japan. So you will get that 48 J-POP sound in there as opposed to just... translated K-POP music.

What will make them different to, TWICE, for example... is that TWICE doesn't leverage the Japanese members in Korea the way PD48 does for the 48G girls... and also, TWICE markets as just a K-POP group, while PD48 is going for a hybrid unit (depending on who wins of course).

13. FOAKB48

FOAKB48 Kenkyuusei

But TWICE are still very popular in Japan, but I do agree with you to some extent.

• Old Old x 2
  14. Unggoy

Unggoy Kenkyuusei

Three and a half!

Once again, I hope that's how it turns out. MNL48 auditionees performed to pop music that wasn't Jpop at all and they still ended up with pure 48g goodness in the end (more or less...) so I suppose as long as he's involved then there's a chance.

15. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    :lol::lol::lol::lol:
    Anything surprise you?

Hang in there...one.more.day...
    And the batshi* rants and complains for several following days until the "anger phase" is over.

16. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Moving on, I'm trying to "guess" where the votes for the eliminated trainees are going to go at least what would have been their 1-pick votes) and I'm thinking the k trainees will get a bigger distribution of these votes taking into account who were eliminated (1.2k korean trainee votes vs. 0.3k votes for murase and moe). Just my two cents and to change the topic somewhat.

Nayoung - she's the fun type so I'm guessing wonyoung? and maybe some to nako. don't really know
    Doah - cool rapper so I'm thinking votes go to eunbi and some to chowon who are probably the "coolest" trainees left
    Shiyeon - yena is the only one left from yuehua
    Yiren - yena for same reason as above but maybe some votes also to visual members minju, hyewon, and sakura
    Gyuri - jo yuri is the only one left from stone music
    Sian - jo yuri also but some to eunbi
    Murase - mirurun and maybe some male votes to shitao miu
    Moe - I'm thinking korean voters consider moe as a visual so sakura and shitau miu
    Kirin - pretty sure most of the votes will go to kaeun
    Na Goeun - I'm thinking many votes will go to the other remaining vocals so haeyeon and jo yuri

I'm predicting Jo Yuri will make it to the final group mainly because of the stone music voters. Gyuri likely had a lot of 1-pick voters and my guess is they'll vote for yuri (unless they're looking for someone with better looks but has talent like kim chaewon for example). Can't say the same for yena and the yuehua votes as the vote totals of yiren and shiyeon are noticeably less than gyuri + sian.

17. wetpantsu

wetpantsu Upcoming Girls

omg im so tired can we talk about anything BUT sakura for cristafari's sake?!

• Like Like x 8
    • Old Old x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

wasamin wouldve been top 12

• Like x 5
    • Winner x 2
    • Dislike x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Creative x 1
  19. sakurazaki

sakurazaki Member

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    ec_delacroix
    That's rich coming from a Jurina fan, also one of the most defensive fanbases. Ever.

• Like Like x 13
    • Dislike Dislike x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Old Old x 1
  20. Zerase

Zerase Member

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    Speaking about Sakura...
    https://twitter.com/sakura__power/status/1035108853690466304
    Remember that producer garden thing where you can vote for your fav and she gets prizes? Sakura is the only one who get all the prizes, so she gets a food truck on the venue tomorrow. But her Korean fans went all the way and paid for another one, so Sakura gets two trucks

• Winner Winner x 11
    • Like Like x 6
    • Old Old x 2