TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. ikyu828

ikyu828 Kenkyuusei

i'm not sure if they were aware tbh

the only controversies i heard about the group battle is that some of the live audiences left the show before it finish
    so for some performances has less voter

Last edited: Jul 29, 2019
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    In the first place it's weird to have an event of this scale but the voting is only from live audience. That just attracts so much fishiness.

About Shitao Miu and some other girls's voters got tricked by geopolitical rumors. It might be a blessing that they had it before if they were debuting as izone. It's only a case of sooner or later

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. GATX105

GATX105 Member

Not sure what the factors are supposed to show but if it's constant then the same factor is applied to everyone?
    Also, because the votes are multiplied by 7, then there's likely some common factor based on that multiplier.

That said, I think the amount of screen time and evil edits are what's used to "control" the earlier rounds of voting (as opposed to outright cheating) except for the last round. In the last round I think they just choose to conveniently exclude whoever doesn't fit the concept they had in mind. But without any proof, we shouldn't assume that x member only got in because of cheating. They're in, Izone's doing great and all members are contributing to their success.

I think Minkyu would have made things harder for X1 because of the talent disparity with the other members -- and they already have other good-looking guys.

4. marnchor01

marnchor01 Kenkyuusei

if the video does not show watch the video here

OMG, Goosebumps alert

Sent from my SM-G9650 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 5
  5. tomumion

tomumion Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    Thanks for the video!
    She was my first pick for vocal line in PD48, her beautiful voice never disappoints me.

6. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Jinny Park (ooh ahh blue team) did a live stream in English and Korean. I was genuinely curious if she could speak Japanese too but I had second thoughts of commenting in Japanese for fear of being flamed.
    Not trying to start anything here but I should have tried it just to see if anyone reacted. There are often Korean comments in j-idol with no issue. In her 10 minute stream not a single Japanese comment and I didn't want to be the first (coward)
    https://instagram.com/jinny.park98?igshid=100pv1sb9jw

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  7. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Idk if she does for sure, but she did train in YG and I think they all have basic Japanese training

Also she’s friends with some 48G members such as Naiki Kokoro, so I could see them trying to converse with that

8. x_lambs

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Pd48 biggest trick was not manipulating the vote but getting knetz to Stan a hentai monkey idol

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

9. x_lambs

Twitter:
    worklodz
    Produce should get an award for the lineup we have now.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  10. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I feel like the 48G girls don't even care. It hasn't impacted their careers so far, and it won't matter anymore now. There have been worse scandals within the 48G and they're still doing well.

Hitomi, Sakura and Nako are the only ones who are sincerely affected by it, and they've gained a massive following (especially internationally) and IZ*ONE receives more support than negativity.

It's all fair and good that these guys are going to jail, but surely the Japanese contestants care a lot less than the Korean contestants. A majority of them still hasn't debuted (I think only the Rocket Punch members, Park Haeyoon and Alex Christine debuted but correct me if I'm wrong). 48G members are still active as part of their respective groups and most of their 48G fans are happy to leave anything PD48 related in the past.

11. wuerfel

wuerfel Member Studio48 Contributor

Kim Doah debuted in a group called Fanatics (VAVI girl, if you want to check it out), but somehow the promotion was not that big. I found them accidentally. And there is Everglow, of course :blush:
    (The latter, for sure, does not suffer from the rigging. They are popular enough, and a permanent group in contrast to IZ*ONE.)

Are the 48 girls, who participated, affected by the scandal in some way? I didn't read anything about it, that doesn't mean anything, though. On the contrary, some of them gained more fans (just look at Miu), so I don't think, they suffered much from it?

Anyway, those statements seem really rude to me. There is no way that those men deeply regret what they did to the trainees and viewers. They might feel regret about not hiding the rigging better, that's all, and it's so obvious :^^;:

• Like Like x 2
  12. Merika

Merika Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takeuchimiyu
    Idk, Miu straight up expressed her disappointment. Also that was Miho’s once in a lifetime dream

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    link?

14. Jumparoo

Jumparoo Kenkyuusei

https://twitter.com/shitaomiu_subs/status/1079046899531829250

https://twitter.com/shitaomiu_subs/status/1104346965783896064

Miu seriously considered graduating after Produce 48, and she was clearly devastated. Those airport photos of her the day after the PD48 final were pure sadness.

Ayanan was so pained by her PD48 experience that she couldn't bear to talk about it for the longest time.
    http://www.stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/shinozaki-ayana-ayanan.4648/page-9

Myao nearly threw her remote at her TV.

Juri actually graduated and went kpop.

Most of the girls involved in the show were clearly impacted by it. While it's true most didn't see a huge change in popularity, it was still a major bonding event for the girls and clearly an emotional experience. Pretty much everyone cried at some point or another.

I think it's true though that many wotas don't care for the show, so it's not really talked about anymore. Plus it's been like two years. But that doesn't mean the girls themselves didn't care about it.

As for the scandal itself, there isn't a good reason for them to talk about it. Nothing good could really come of it.

• Agree x 5
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
    • Useful x 1
  15. souchan48

souchan48 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    That is so screwed up. The management (who I'm sure knows about the manipulation one way or another) should have at least compensated them with greater push.. (One single 'no way man' is not enough)

Is Myao planning to pursue her career in Kpop anytime soon thou? Plus, how did u know she threw off her remote?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. JPN48

JPN48 Member

Oshimen:
    小栗有以
    Management as in AKS management? What makes you think they knew it and were okay with it? Are you sure if they were happy enough to "only" have 3 of their members in the new group? And if they were to pick 3 names to join the group, 2 of them would be SakuNako, 2 of the most popular HKT members?

• Like Like x 3
  17. lionel90

lionel90 Under Girls

Twitter:
    Lionel_90
    Some got a fair amount of push since then, Miu as exemple.
    As for places in singles main songs, well, HS sales, and the latest air HS are telling a lot about the choices.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Jumparoo

Jumparoo Kenkyuusei

Myao is absolutely not trying to switch over to kpop. At her age she'd be a fool to try, and she knows better than that. PD48 was her one and only shot.

As for her nearly throwing the remote, it was on one of the radio shows where she was talking about her PD48 experience. I couldn't track it down, but I found another one where she talked about hating watching the show:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Produce48/comments/9e35df/akb48_all_night_nipponsakura_noe_chiyori_miho/

Miho: Personally, I didn’t have a lot of screentime, I almost hated watching the show. There were 96 of us. I spoke in Korean all the time.

Miho: I want to appeal to the audience so I spoke Korean but it wouldn’t appear later in the broadcast. I thought my part in speaking Korean would be in the last position evaluation but it wasn’t broadcast.

I think she valued the experience but hated how it was edited.

• Like Like x 5
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  19. Midori

Midori Member

Park Jinny (final rank 69) debuts with Secret Number today. Their debut is called "Who Dis?"

If people are interested, I have a YouTube playlist of every MV where a PD48-trainee participates released after the show. Meaning 48G-single MVs and (full) B-side MVs, k-pop GG singles and the odd solo or one-off project with sufficient video (so not including Goto Moes Sapphire Blue which is on YouTube but not with a proper video afaik). All videos are also from official channels. With Who Dis there are now 40 videos in it!

Last edited: May 30, 2020
    • Useful Useful x 3
  20. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The YouTube channel of TingTongTV has uploaded some videos of the group's showcase event today (5/19). It includes the following video in which Jinny talks about herself and PD48 from 3:32 to 5:12 (with English subs):

Last edited: May 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 3