1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    No man, most of our girls are really good for nothing lol these korean girls are really too good in comparison in a lot of areas. That said I still love the imperfectness of our girls any day over the "must be perfect" mentality/standard of korean idols.

It was really hard for me to even watch them perform in the collaboration side by side, even when we have our AKB aces up there in the front line. They really got outshine by the korean girls, AKB is not suppose to be there. That's not where they should be tbh. Without wota chants and epic penlight waves, AKB is not fully there. What is special and great about AKB is the bonds of with the fans and the girls is what I'm saying, always back to that "Idol you can meet" concept.

Edit: Sometimes I wonder why people are so stubborn lmao

Last edited: Nov 30, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. NaMuNaRin

NaMuNaRin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    mutuotomu
    I'm done.
    AKB members are really bad, man. They are not good at all

Enjoy your "perfect idol" kpopish discussion ;) Ouch hurts my tongue

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  3. welp

welp Next Girls

I've seen comments that i.o.i more in sync to AKB's songs than AKB. Lol.
    Note: Some K-pop fans asked "Who's the center of cookie song? She's a cutie."

Actually, ther are relevant K-pop groups of more similar styles to J-pop such as, Lovelyz, Oh My Girl or A Pink. This group can be big if the show goes well and it has similar concept to Lovelyz but prettier members or, maybe, Kara.

It's speculated that, since some Idol School eliminatees were on the stage, these girls may be in this project. (Idol School was a survival show to form a 9 member girl group. Winners debuted in MAMA as FROMIS_9 and were there performing with AKB and 5 eliminated contestants. There aren't much known about these 5 girls but they're training at Pledis and were rumored to be debuted by Mnet.)

Like half of S.M.'s title tracks are composed by random Scandinavian composers. But, since this gonna be Korean 48 group and Aki-p has been announced to be a key person of the show, why not his song?

Lol. Obviously, AKS is using Produce 101's fame to sell better as well.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. Jurinavenclaw

Jurinavenclaw Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Matsui Jurina
    The thing is, do JPop idols even try to promote in Korea as much as KPop idols do Japanese promotions?

I had the impression that KPop NEEDS to sell in other countries since the local music market does not bring in much money. As for Japanese acts in general, they usually just put their efforts in catering to domestic fans.

As for Produce48, maybe it'll be a faster paced version of what AKB was supposed to be: idols you can meet + a stepping stone to enter the industry.

They'll have a show to come up with SEO48 but they're meant to graduate after a year of promotions. And if successful, will get to have another gen.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Criss

Criss Member

This "spawn (Produce48)" isn't born yet and this topic it's a mess already...

Seriously...

Anyway. As a person who left akb48 fandom (boredom) more than 5 year ago and follow the Kpop girl groups since 2010 I have to say that I really dont know what to expect of this... thing.

But something its very clear; this is the oportunity merchant Akimoto has been waiting since 2010; to enter kpop market.
    We all know he tryed and failed big with SDN48. That fail was a logic result. The "2007-2009 wave" of girl groups were taking momentum. 2009-2010 was a great season for kpop and very competitive.

Now, with this project merchant Akimoto have the chance to really promote his idol concept in a hell of a market like south Korea, "untochable" for him until now.

Will be a big difference between "Korea 48" and "Japan 48"? Maybe. All depends of the girls . So far Produce101 programs gather trainnies from different agencies. And we all know that some trainnies practice for years and have a lot of experience and quality (just look at Choi Yoo-jung from I.O.I , Weki Meki).

So, as we know the format for the survival its from Produce 101, so they have the wheel on this. We can say that Mnet put the talent and Akimoto put the show after the talent is selected. Produce101 its the door AKS was looking for. Lets see how it ends.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    I have said it several times in the MNL48 thread, so, I am going to say it here and I don't care for the backlash:
    I have always wanted a K-Pop version of AKB48. That's it. I won't go further into it. You want to know my reasons, DM me.

• Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. TheFamily

TheFamily Kenkyuusei

I saw some people being dramatic over this, can someone give a summary what is this Produce 48 all about?

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. Odd_Cinderella

Odd_Cinderella Next Girls

Oshimen:
    เฌอปราง อารีย์กุล
    @TheFamily no one knows completely yet. But, Produce 101 was a Korean Idol Survival program that ran for 2 seasons so far one for girls and one for boys. Rookie Trainees from different K-Pop companies went on the show to create an inter-company girl/boy group for a year, (boys 2) and then they went back to their original companies.

Or, so, my opinion on the shows since I never watched them. But, you can totally read up on them here.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  9. takajuro

takajuro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimanatsuki
    Twitter:
    takajuro
    Curious. A few days ago, SNH48 was also presented at an awards in Korea, with its sub-unit 7Senses (which is focused on the kpop style) and wins a award.
    if the video does not show watch the video here

No doubt the Koreans must have a confusion regarding AKB48 and SNH48.

The last yeat SNH48 performed at Mnet show with UZA, Xin de Lucheng (Original song), Ponytail to Shushu and Kaze wa Fuiteiru and they compared the group with Produce101 lol

I think Aki-p won this “war(?)” of South Korea.

I hope that this decision of Aki-p does not fail

• Like Like x 2
  10. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Whatever Produce 48 will be, they better get some original songs. I don't want them to be a 100% cover group.

SNH48G, in a way, is still promoting AKB48, despite their separation (thanks to 48 in their name).

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Archlover

Archlover Kenkyuusei

This is aki-p biggest mistake since making overseas 48 group :|

Anyway maybe he don’t care already, all he care now is just making great song for techi..

• Like Like x 1
  12. Matenrou47

Matenrou47 Kenkyuusei

I hope atleast AkiP would try to revive some of SDN48 songs, their songs mostly Korean-style back in Kpop was really big in Japan. So why not?

On other side, I hope this Korea group will debut with original song already just to make other overseas groups (fans) enraged. We need drama

• Like Like x 1
  13. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    Oh well. This conversation is just so amusing. A person who admits they know nothing about K-pop calls them and the people who like K-pop disgusting, claiming 48G idols are more talented than Korean Idols, who train for years and years in strict companies and often drop out of school in order to focus on being Idols, who can pull of amazing high notes such as these, while the whole concept of 48G is that the girls spend most of their time performing in the Theater, and usually only have minimal training, and are "girls next door".
    The appeal of those two branches of Idols is different, therefore it's understandable that some people will only like one of those types of Idols, but at least I'm enjoying both :chuffed:

I wonder, what 48G songs would you all think the K-fans will like? Without looking into less known songs, I'd say UZA, Kiss wo Matsushikanai no Deshouka?, Kamonagix and Boku Igai no Dareka are the best candidates from each group (I don't think any STU or NGT songs will be well received, except maybe Kurayami Motomu).

• Like Like x 1
  14. Azralix

Azralix Kenkyuusei

But these are the "girls next door" ;-;

• Like Like x 1
  15. Kiarararara

Kiarararara Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    My point exactly. I don’t know much about Kpop but as far as I know, they have had an international mindset from the start (hallyu wave and all), whereas Jpop and J-idol in general are just like everything Japanese, not caring much about international fandoms. It is notoriously hard for a foreigner to get into fanclubs of many Japanese groups (both male and female), for example.

Target customers are crucial because in addition to the obvious already-perfect vs improving-gradually contrast, Korean idols’ shows has element of Korean lifestyles at an acceptable level ie you don’t really need to like their culture to like their idol, while Japanese idols’ variety shows, concerts, etc. are alway very Japanese, because they are designed to appeal to Japanese viewers only. It is hard to enjoy many of their work if you are not familiar with Japanese taste and such. So it is pointless to compare which type of idol is better, because they are very different.

Anw, I look forward to how mgmt is going to create a blend of these two together.

• Like Like x 1
  16. HogwartsHokage

HogwartsHokage Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    When I first saw this on AKB's Facebook page, I got SUPER confused. Anyways, I'm curious to see how this goes.

Personally for me, it would be cool to hear Korean versions of the popular AKB songs, but I'm not expecting this group to cover every AKB song if the result is going to be a permanent Korean sister group.

• Like Like x 1
  17. welp

welp Next Girls

J-pop has tried but definitely not as much, far less.
    It's said the output will be a permanent group.
    Actually, less popular K-pop groups are easy to meet.

In fact, K-pop agencies aren't clueless about C-pop nor J-pop.

K-pop idols are releasing Japanese songs and promoting in Japan left and right.

Chinese companies have invested in K-pop. A main share holder of FNC is Suning. A main share holder of YG is Ten Cent. Cosmic Girls is a joint project between Starship and Yuehua. JYP and Ten Cent debuted Boy Story in China.

Like it or not, SNH48 is the most popular girl group in China so, it deserved the award.

:chuffed: AKS officially cut tie with SNH in June 2016 and that concert was held in May 2016. Thus, SNH still was a legit sister group of AKB at the time. (Actually, just because SNH broke up with AKS, that didn't mean they suddenly had no legal right to commercially use AKB's songs. Law doesn't work that way.)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2017
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @NaMuNaRin

How many times are you going to say you are done, and then post again. And how many times are you going to parrot the same position?

Answer: Not for the next two weeks. Thread ban

You guys are welcome to have whatever opinion you want on this group, and the whole K-pop/J-pop thing, although it is well covered ground on this forum. However, the bickering and one-upmanship will not be tolerated.

• Like Like x 1
  19. YJSN_ParuYuko

YJSN_ParuYuko Member

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki
    Twitter:
    fanboyjaehyun
    BIG THANKS SIR MOD!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 1
  20. lolipopo

lolipopo Kenkyuusei

This could get the 48 brand really known out there with how global the Kpop scene is nowadays. Aki-P is really planning on a worldwide domination isn't he... [hehe]

• Like Like x 1