TV / Radio Produce 48 (2018/06/15 - 2018/08/31)

Discussion in 'AKB48 News & Releases' started by ForrestFuller, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

Same. I guess we both are the only ones who feel this way ha. If they have great management in both countries (TWICE/KARA for ex) and the potential for great popularity I feel like 1.5 years is a good deal. Not to mention the amount of money they would make.

• Agree Agree x 4
  2. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    The reason why Mnet chooses American pop songs at this stage is that generally the choreography of the songs are non-existent. They want the girls to come up with their own dances. I kinda hoped an E-girls song would be a choice at this stage, but it didn’t happen. In any case, that list is what multiple audience members have verified.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. flutterbyu

flutterbyu Member

Oshimen:
    Okada Nana
    Oh I was thinking each of the Top 12 had to pick a different song. Glad that's not the case.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Momogu9

Momogu9 Member

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    If I’m correct judging from the trailer, the TOP 12 picks last and they can choose whatever they want. If the song is already filled with other trainees, the lower-ranked ones will be pushed out so the TOP 12 can pretty much choose whatever they want as long as another higher TOP 12 member doesn’t push them out.

And the list that I’ve put seems to have been the same from many other fans as well, including fan accounts about Sakura’s shocking hairstyle ;-:

• Informative Informative x 2
  5. broz0rs

broz0rs Next Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I checked three different accounts and they match up. Here's the full list of performances and trainees:

Vocal performances
    SNSD - Into the New World: Chaewon, Moe, Kirin-chan, Nako, Erii
    Wanna One - Energetic: Sihyun, Nanami, Yoori, Goeu, Noe (rapper lol)
    Heizs - Don’t Know you: Minji, Minyoung, Chowon, Hyewon (rapper again lol)
    BTS - The Truth Untold: Miyu, Miho, Gyuri, Saho
    Blackpink - DDDD: Seoyoung, Bibian, Sakura, Doah, Gahyun, Juri
    BoA - Merry-Kuri (wtf): Haeyoon, Haesol, Sohee, Nayoung, Misaki, Minami

Dance performances
    Fitz and the Tantrums - Handclap: Choyeon, Mako, Minseo, Aoi, Sae, Tomu
    Little Mix - Touch: Eunyoung, Minjoo, Miu, Yoojung, Hitomi
    Ariana Grande - Side to Side: (Avengers 1 aka Sian and the girls) Kaeun, Yiren, Sian, Miru, Wonyoung
    Jax Jones - Instruction: Hyuna, Chiyori, Haeun, Eunchae, Sooyoon, Ke
    Demi Lovato - Sorry Not Sorry: (Avengers 2) Eunbi, Chaeyeon, Ahn Yoojin, Go Yoojin, Yena

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 3
  6. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Little Mix is British

• Like Like x 4
  7. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    for dance WOOOW THAT LINE UP WITH THOSE SONGS!! it's gonna be lit! can you imagine either jurina or ikumin performing one of those songs? :^O^: but this will be on my imagination:cry:

8. sakurappu

sakurappu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    idol!Sayaka ✈️ singer!Sayaka
    Twitter:
    sakurappu_
    OMG THEY USE MY FAVORITE HEIZE'S SONG AGSHDHSJSJL. But, Ddu-Du Ddu-Du over any BP songs? I understand that the reason is because the song is currently popular, but it'll be harder to be re-arranged unlike Playing with Fire :fear:
    Also, is there any k-agency trainees that can compose songs like Miyu? Because usually female trainees are weak in composing song (unlike male trainees who are trained to compose their songs) :fear:

Too bad, there's no Kpop/Jpop songs for dance position. Like, they can use one of Keyakizaka's song and re-create the choreo, or re-create choreo of some popular Kpop songs like this:

if the video does not show watch the video here

Matsuoka Hana said hi :awesome:

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
  9. kero__kero

kero__kero Upcoming Girls

stone mirun about to rise. your faves better watch their backs.

10. AnToNa

AnToNa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    Muraslay, Tom and Aoi are really gonna dance like this. Oh wow.

This choreography is possible tho since one of the dance mentor, May J Lee was the instructor for this one.

11. oshimen_yuko

oshimen_yuko Kenkyuusei

Seems like a lot of people believe it’s better for 48g members to not be a part of P48. However, if things go right (they properly promote the group, have good songs, etc.), I feel like this could potentially be way more important than anything they’ve done in Japan...even for the super popular members like Sakura or Nako. As much as I like what AKB48 has to offer, I think Kpop has a larger pop cultural influence/impact. Never would I have thought that I’d see something like BTS performing on Ellen and Kimmel, or people reacting to Blackpink videos on the other side of the globe.

Now, that being said, the likelihood that the P48 final group becomes that popular is slim to none. And, outside of Asia, there are way more people who don’t know anything about kpop than there are kpop fans. Still, if there’s even a tiny chance that the group becomes big internationally, you gotta take that opportunity. It seems like they’re going to promote in both Korea and Japan (and other places). Plus, I don’t know how much money and work they’ll get, but I’m betting it’s going to be just as much as they would’ve gotten in AKB48, if not more so.

Speaking of the members, I get the feeling a lot of them didn’t need much convincing to try out for P48. If you asked Juri if she’d rather be Yuihan’s guaranteed successor as general manager or spend a couple years being a part of P48’s girl group, it wouldn’t surprise me if she’d side with the latter.

• Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Hey, I want to do a voting game to see who is Stage48 Most Favorite PD48 Member. If everyone agree, I will create a thread for this in General AKB48 Discussion.

• Agree Agree x 7
  13. Elena

Elena Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murashigeanna
    Excuse me, Blackpink's Du ddu Du ddu is not Baby Shark song.
    Here's the MV, if you want to watch:

Sent from my CPH1607 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 8
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. StrayDogFreedom

StrayDogFreedom Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Manaka
    Well... I still don't like it! But, I guess that does make sense :^^;:

15. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    other people on my twitter feed said that last night wasn't position evaluation and where the hell those rumored spoilers came from??

16. GATX105

GATX105 Member

I'm surprised chori is in dance(?) I thought she was one of the better singers in 48group. That group with nako is pretty strong too. All of them had pretty high votes during the first group battle. And do we know if the votes are adjusted relative to the number of members in the group? Because a group with 4 members will generally get higher individual votes vs a group with 6. I think I'm more interested in what the rankings will look like as that will matter more although the bonus for being the top dance and top vocal trainee will give a big boost in popularity plus the bonus points.

@SunnyHighland - oh I didn't think of making their handshake coincide with an akb handshake. That could work I guess.

Do you know how much other groups are paid though? The large impact is fine but I wonder if it translates into $. The korean market is much smaller (which is why they have to go outside) and longevity is also a question. I only know about boa's situation and during her prime, her earnings in japan were much greater than her earnings in korea although she was much more popular in korea. I'm not contradicting what you said, I'm just trying to know more about the economics of it. And I think some groups that made a big splash not too long ago have all but disappeared.

• Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
  17. Momorin

Momorin Kenkyuusei

KARA Sungyeon for example was buying 6 million dollar buildings when KARA was at its peak. TWICE made 300K+ per member a few months after debut on CF's alone(this was when they were no where near as popular as they are now). Idols can become very rich. I heard Sakura only made 100K since starting AKB not sure if its true or not. But K-Pop members make tons of money if they are in a popular group. If this groups hits it off well and have decent tours they'd be well off for most of their lives after the group ends at the least.

• Agree Agree x 6
  18. oshimen_yuko

oshimen_yuko Kenkyuusei

To be honest, I have absolutely no idea. It might not translate into more money at all. However, I'm curious to see how much less money the 48 groups would make if they had to stop selling SSK votes and HS slots, since most artists don't really have that sort of thing. That really surprises me if what you're saying is true about the Korean market...I figured they'd be similar at least.

That's one of the few things I don't get about Kpop groups, where a lot of them just do a few songs and "disband." Why does that happen? I can't imagine it's the artists themselves who are wanting to do this, so it has to be their agencies. They could totally go on for much longer, but they don't. It's like if Akimoto decided to disband AKB48 after a year or two, and then come out with an entirely new group called SKE48, and then decides to disband that group and come up with the 46 groups. Regarding the economics...I just figure that the more places you can reach and the more people know about you, the most likely it is that you'll make money as an artist/group. That's probably too simple in terms of how it actually works, but that's what it feels like to me when I compare what the 48 groups make vs. what a P48 group can potentially make.

19. mutomu

mutomu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    • Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. ritto2908

ritto2908 Member

Oshimen:
    Umezawa Minami
    Harupii needs to comeback asap for HKT48's sake if it were to happen so. Have enough of Hana.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1