1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

[PROJECT] IDOL trading card game (akb48 set first)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Theatre' started by gyan, Apr 21, 2010.

1. gyan

gyan Kenkyuusei

I don't want to steal thetwinsays thunder but i too at least tried to create an akb trading card game.
    so First of the cards:
    TEAM A
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    TEAM K
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    TEAM B
    [​IMG][​IMG]

The CARDS
    Each card contains 3 categories of TALENT which include (from left to right):
    Dancing , Charm and Singing
    In the box under it contains CARD INFORMATION and its 3 SKILLS.
    Card information includes card name, age, team and unit.
    Skills are used to alter Talent categories.

HOW TO PLAY
    There are 2 different points systems in the game: Talent points and Total points
    Talent points are the difference in points based on each category.
    Total points are what determine the winner.

1) A game can only be played by two players against each other with a deck of 10 cards each. In a deck each card should be different.
    2) After shuffling your deck pick up 5 cards and arrange them in the order as you please.
    3) Based in the order chosen you and your opponent will reveal one card and enter a MATCH UP.
    4) In a match up both players rolls a dice in order to determine which Skill the card will use.
    1 and 4 on the dice uses the cards 1st skill
    2 and 5 uses the 2nd skill
    3 and 6 uses the 3rd skill
    5) After applying skill effects score talent points on each category based on how much greater your talent points are in each category.
    6) After each match up the player with more categories won will be awarded + 3 to their total points. If it is a tie then no points are awarded.
    7) Repeat step 3 to 6 for the other 4 cards.
    8) After all 5 matchups, bonus points of + 5 to their total points (per category) will be awarded to the player who accumulated the most points.
    9) To determine the winner after all bonuses add up your talent points with your Total points. Highest points is the winner

The Skills
    The Front girl and Captain skills can only be used once per game by each player. If they roll and get to repeat that skill then the player re-rolls.

Best Friend: Change one card on you put in order with one you did not pick up and decrease 1 from all your talents in the current match up.
    Captain: add +3 to your total points and Double any Talent category in current or future match up.
    Charisma: double “charm” points in current match up.
    Cheer: add + 2 to any category in any 2 future match ups.
    Dancer: double “Dancing “ points in current match up
    Front girl: add +4 to your total points and Double any Talent category in current match up.
    Management: Add + 1 to any future dice roll ( yours or opponent) and +2 to any category in this matchup
    Promotion: Copy any skill on a card you played.
    Senpai: add to your total points the difference of age time multiplier on card (x?)
    Support: add +3 to any two category in a future matchup.
    Team member: add to total points the number of girls in the group from the same team times the
    multiplier (x?)
    Theater girl: add +2 to total points, then add +3 to total points for each Theater girl in your group.
    Soloist: Subtract 1 to a future dice roll (yours or your opponents).
    Under girl: add +3 to total points, add +3 to all categories in one matchup.
    Unit: add to total points the girls in the same unit as the card times multiplier (x?)
    Vocalist: double “Singing” points in current match up.
    Youth: add to total points difference of age (if younger) times multiplier (x?)

I know its a lengthy read and a learning process but i hope its a fun game that involves a bit of strategy and fun. Hope you guys enjoy it and i'll make more cards depending on feedback. Thanks!
    The idea is after akb + jurina and rena + few ex akb on sdn that i would maybe do either hello project or korean groups. At times maybe do special versions like rage mode majisuka atsuko or Queen and Elizabeth. The potential seems good but we'll see. Volunteers welcome btw.

2. haikara2308

haikara2308 Kenkyuusei

Nice work. [clap] For Yukirin it seems you made a typo for her team, should be team b instead of k.

3. gyan

gyan Kenkyuusei

^ Thanks for pointing it out too much cards too many teams one template you forget to change things lol.
    Fixed it and added more people!

4. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    hmm sounds great. i must say, the game is much more in depth than thetwinsays :fear:

Ok so I finally think i got the gist of this game (i read post in the morning while i was dead tired so i gave up as soon as i saw it). If i understand correctly, basically your doing whatever you can to get lots of points. Anyway, I like it cause it actually has strategy involved. So far so good. About the your mention of rage mode/Acchan and Love Wars/tomoXtomo, seems like an interesting concept to incorporate. that and you mentioned Love Wars so id like to see if i can pitch in ideas to make those work :XD:

Let's see, pretty much these cards would serve as some sort of power ups for individual members. I personally would call these "power up" cards EVENT Cards. However should you choose to add these, you would have to change the setup for the game and maybe some rules of the game while keeping the match up system intact. And I think you should go for it :approve:

To avoid making each of these power up cards specific for each member, you should have it so it affects a wide range of members. Just like how in Yu-gi-oh!, you can give any monster any equip magic card. But you have to start being more creative though. Which should be pretty easy because right off the top of my head, I can think of Majisuka Gakuen as a card that would affects lots of members. Or AKBingo!. Or if members belong to a certain unit. For example, Mayuyu, Lovetan, Nacchan, and Harugon would be affected by Watarirouka Hashiritai EVENT cards. Of course, you can also create EVENT cards specific to some members. By doing this, you could possibly create metagames, making the game much more interesting and perhaps competitive :fear:

Now that I'm thinking about this, you might want to break down these EVENT cards in specific categories. An idea being thrown out there.

Of course, as long as there are power up cards, i think that there should be power DOWN cards. Not alot of ideas for this but it's another idea I'm just throwing out there. And I personally would call these cards SCANDAL Cards. Or something along those lines.....

So those are the ideas that I had, I hope you like them. I'm tired [sleep]

5. thetwinsays

thetwinsays Kenkyuusei

Looking good so far. Perhaps rather than using dice, you could allow the players to choose the skill to play? If anything, it means you don't need dice :p

6. gyan

gyan Kenkyuusei

Thanks for the input, i can see that more strategy and competitiveness is needed.

However for now i think the system is ok because i want it simple enough that people will try it but have options and ability to be at least competitive and fun.
    I really wanted to simulate the Idol business actually. For example the dice roll determines how well one performs, cause even komori in her best could beat aachan at her worst. Or A well balanced team of all singers dancers and charisma will be rewarded then a team of all stars. Or Even a team of organized undergirls could beat a team of usual senbatsu's (girls with high stats) who worked selfishly and only thought about themselves rather than the whole team. I just really wanted all cards to be playable and so that people dont' just choose all the same 10 girls all the time.

Update: Just cleaned up some cards abit.