Rate the last film you watched

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jul 6, 2007.

1. akasu

akasu Kenkyuusei

last film i watched was dragon head. it's a japanese apocalypse movie that came out i think last year or early this year i'm not sure. Anyway the stories potential is there, but it falls so far short of being good it was sad. it just didnt seem to ever go anywhere, you never got to liking the characters, and there was no real plot line to reslove. I love japanese cinema, and am often more tolerant of weaknesses in japanese films than in western ones, but sadly this film just did nothing for me, which is a pity cause it could have been cool.

2. ~HARUNA~4Eva~

~HARUNA~4Eva~ Kenkyuusei

last film I watched was "I AM LEGEND"

probably 7.5/10

gets abit boring during the middle of the film, less action and story than it seemed but it was still enjoyable, scary at times too

3. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

ZEBRAMAN The Movie

7.5 / 10

A Japanese tokusatsu played by somewhat older people, kinda dark and showed some violence. The effects are kinda cool, too. Not to be watched by kids, i think, because it's kinda dark and surreal.
    The story is about one desperate elementary school teacher who is a huge Zebraman's anime from his childhood. One day he learned that there are events occuring that's the same with events in the Zebraman's anime, and suddenly, from his fandom, he suddenly got all the Zebraman's powers to save the day. :lol:

4. arrowisland

arrowisland Kenkyuusei

Cloverfield. Didn't really work for me, although I appreciate their attempt at trying something new. I do admire the monster effects though, but more could have been done with the crippling fear of that beast of a thing roaming around and destroying shit. When it finally, really appeared on screen near the end, that was awesome.

5. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

Last film i watched was "The Shining"

Oh my god i've never cried during a horror film but this was a MAJOR exception
    Its so so scary
    For those not familiar, its a 1980's Horror film based on a stephen king novel, about a Man (Jack), his wife (Wendy) and their young psychic son (Danny). Jack takes a job as a caretaker at a Hotel that is closed for winter season, where previously a man had killed his wife and daughter. Jack decides he wants to use this time to complete a novel. Soon after their move into the hotel however, he begins to go mad, and his son starts picking up memories and visions of the murders and terrible things that had happened in the past.

I dont wanna give too much of the plot away but i really recommend it to those who havent seen it or fans of Horror films. Its really well directed and its truly chilling. When i had watched it, i had to turn every light on and off in a particular order just to go to bed haha (doesnt help that im scared of the dark anyways)

6. hanabi

hanabi Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    aiw78346
    ^ One of the best horror movies and one of my favorites :) I was a weird child, I got freaked out so easily, yet loved horror movies. I watched that the first time when I was around 12, I think.

Then whenever I went to hotels, I went around the halls where the rooms were wondering if "REDRUM" was written anywhere on the walls, etc. Again, strange child.

7. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

LOL
    if i saw a kid do that while i was in a hotel
    I'd probably leave haha
    kids doing weird things scares me

I always get scared watching horror films, but still i love to watch them. I love the adrenaline rush when you know something's about to happen, but it still catches you by suprise anyways.

also, i love a horror film with a good plot
    not just mindless gore, the ones that get you are the ones that play mind games with you i think
    I liked "The Others" with Nicole Kidman for that reason. The twist at the end is really good.

8. Susu123

Susu123 Kenkyuusei

Meet the Spartans.

Saw it with some of my cousins friends.
    Three words STUPID,FUNNY, & AMAZING.
    8/10

9. limit

limit Kenkyuusei

I'm quite behind on my movie watching...last one being Hot Fuzz, which I give a 5 / 5.

To me it was perfect. The story development, the cliffhanger, and of course the action was great.

10. foojason

foojason Kenkyuusei

So what was it? Godzilla?

I started watching it on cable a while ago, but when the old lady in the tub showed up, I changed the channel right away. :lol:

I really want to watch this movie. Parody of 300, stupid humor, making fun of Britney Spears. Can't wait to see it. :D

11. Pan-chan

Pan-chan Kenkyuusei

LOL i totally agree with that
    it made me HOWL
    i was watching it at like 4am
    and had to stifle my laughter so i didnt wake my sister up haha

12. Susu123

Susu123 Kenkyuusei

Pinch Runner. 7/10
    Its MM so I forgave some of its sillieness. but I still love it <3

13. dracomalfoy

dracomalfoy Member

She's the man
    8/10
    It combines 3 things I like most in life: commedy, football and cute girls.

14. chibilolli

chibilolli Kenkyuusei

^ I like that film too. Great feel good comedy

15. Copyninja

Copyninja Member

The Crow

100/10 really. Watch the original one (The one with Brandon Lee), the rest suck.

16. nikitty104

nikitty104 Kenkyuusei

^ The Crow is an awesome movie..

i can't remember the last movie i watched..
    i think it was Spice World, lol
    oh well.. i thoroughly enjoyed it, myself :mrgreen:

17. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

CJ7 starring Stephen Chow
    12047803 / 10

LOL that was AMAZINGLY FUNNY!!!
    Well what do you expect? It's Stephen Chow we're talking about. The whole cinema was bursting with laughter...
    It was the story of Stephen Chow (i didn't recall his name in the movie), a poor guy with his son, who find a ball that appears to be a cute dog-like alien creature from outer-space.
    If the CJ7 doll is out in the market, i'm sure to buy one. It's so goddamn CUTE.

18. kyu

kyu Kenkyuusei

The Ring 2 (Hollywood version)

it's so lame and boring and it made me so sleepy so i can't even rate it LOL.

19. maraippo

maraippo Kenkyuusei

^Last movie i watch is cj7. what to expect from stephen chow...its a funny movie despite the sad environement. its how the poor father n son living their life. the part of fighting n such is really fuuny.
    just like any of his lateest movie before, he often use the effect of CG and it works fine in this movie. Its worth it to watch it and its not boring at all :D

p/s:i watch it alone on 14th of Feb, and wondering why is it weekdays have sooooo many couples hanging around the mall...duhh..i look at the day at my watch then i realize. kinda feel like a loser...fooOoo~

20. albusdumb

albusdumb Member

The last film that I saw it was Harry Potter ans the Phénix's Order.
    I'll say that it was not too badly but that I already saw better. It should be said that entant that fans of the books, the film is in lower part. Of course I know well that it was impossible all to put in a 2 hours old film. But I it council all the same to see it because for those which is interested in it by far it am not so badly.