1. We have new admins and are making big plans for 2019 and beyond. Please read the state of the forum here and support if you can!

Rate the last film you watched

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jul 6, 2007.

1. rka

rka Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Tanigawa Airi
    Twitter:
    rka_01
    I have more or less stopped watching movies: lack of interest (shows are so much better; i spent much of 2017 watching all the classics (The Wire, Sopranos, The Shield et al), and family constraints.

But anyway. Even though i consider myself a Star Wars fan, i finally got to see the BD release of Star Wars - The last Jedi. The first installment which premiere i havent seen in a theater since Episode I.

I was much in love with Rogue One (because its basically a blend of SW and Expendables, straight in your face), but was disappointed with episode VII. Kylo Ren looked like a glass of milk, Snoke appears like a ugly downgrade of palpatine, Han was way too old, and his demise too foreseeable, and the complete story was very unoriginal at best.

Now, VIII:

I give it a well-meant 7/10.

The good:
    I like the new battle ship classes. The Executor was already bad-ass, but Fulminatrix and Supremacy both are awesome.
    Kylo Ren was played very well, and developed into a good villain character.
    Leia finally turned out to be a very capable force user (in fact she displays a force mastery which - on screen - rivaled those of many former Jedi Masters).
    Luke finally emerges as the most powerful force user evar!1!1

The bad:
    Mark Hamill is just not a great actor. So is Carrie Fisher.
    The story is still nothing too original, with some too obvious reminiscences to episode V.
    Some characters are still too much of a caricature (General Hux).
    It was a good move to kill off Snoke, because he just never worked for me.
    Ackbar, the mastermind of Endor, appeared like a mere echo of Leia. His demise was undeservingly low impact.
    Rei is cool, but handles the force like a true Master without any training. This irks me a bit. She may be even better than Luke is. I btw do hope that she is an offspring of Obi-Wan, but thats too much to ask fori guess.
    Then, light saber dueling skills obviously have much declined since the days of Mace, Dooku, Yoda, Ben, and Anakin.

The ugly:
    I dont need to see last-second-saves every 5 minutes. The bombing of Fulminatrix felt way too artificial and didnt really touch me, because it was very obvious how this would end up.
    The absolutely worst story idea ever is the pursuit of the Raddus at sub-hyper-drive. It almost killed the movie for me. Why not allowing some vessels to warp in front of the Raddus? Raddus could jump into Supremacy, why not the other way round? That was insanely stupid.

2. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Okay so I watched Avengers Infinity War.

Everyone raved about how awesome it was. I thought it was OK. Black Panther in my opinion was more enjoyable. Probably because it's a lot more intimate in character development.

STILL a good movie so go watch it if you didn't. And yeah F*** Starlord. But y'know, people should relate to him though. He's kinda human. And he's the only one in the movie that shows that.

3. cantankerous

cantankerous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Paisan (1946) - 7/10
    [​IMG]

4. Doflamingo

Doflamingo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamadananami
    DEADPOOL 2 4.5/5

more funnier than before but also more brutal..simple story and i can see Wade humanity side in here
    the most important is they give us after credit scene, best i've ever seen..this maybe will change everything, not only In DP2 but also in Marvel film on the future

5. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Tully

Its a raw feeling kind of movie. Very relatable i'm sure to some mothers out there. Or many moms. Go mom!

Don't drink and drive!

6. cantankerous

cantankerous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Life of Brian (1979) - 7/10
    [​IMG]

7. cantankerous

cantankerous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Time of the Gypsies (1988) - 8/10
    [​IMG]

8. hrs0722

hrs0722 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hokkaido48 damn when
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Solo: A Star Wars Story.

4.6/5

THERE WAS SOMETHING UNEXPECTED!

9. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @cantankerous

Wow, yuo are a tough grader. Life of Brian only gets a 7/10? That movie is legendary!

Also, be careful with the photos you are posting, the photo size limit on the forum is 750px x 750px

10. cantankerous

cantankerous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    am i? some comedic moments just not delivered/translated well for me. still it was hilarious one

thx for the reminder. will be careful for posting onward

Last edited: May 24, 2018
  11. cantankerous

cantankerous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Mother Joan of the Angels (1961) - 8/10
    [​IMG]

12. karles48

karles48 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Deadpool 2. Ah, that was indeed a different superhero movie! I didn't want to watch it since I still haven't watched the first movie, and I was a bit lost with some of the characters because some things had been explained in the previous film, but I really liked it and even roared with laughter a couple of times. 9/10

13. hrs0722

hrs0722 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hokkaido48 damn when
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Maybe some of you wouldn't understand when watching Solo but at the ending, I was clapping alone in the theater because the ending was unexpected!

14. cantankerous

cantankerous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Harmonium (2016) - 7/10
    [​IMG]

The Cremator (1969) - 8/10
    [​IMG]

15. cantankerous

cantankerous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    Inside Men (2015) - 6/10
    [​IMG]

I Just Didn't Do It (2006) - 9/10

[​IMG]

16. cantankerous

cantankerous Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    This is Spinal Tap (1984) - 7 /10
    [​IMG]

Rewatch:
    Turtles Are Surprisingly Fast Swimmers (2005) - 8/10

17. karles48

Han Solo. It reminded me of the first films of the franchise, and that's good. I feared it would be full of things that were impossible even in the first trilogy, but everything was quite appropriate. 9.5/10.

18. karles48

Épouse-moi mon pote (Marry me, my dude) A french comedy. It's been quite a time since I enjoyed a comedy like this one. 8/10

19. karles48

Ocean's 8. IMO it's less glamorous that the previous films. Besides, I missed a 'really bad' guy trying to spoil the plan (yes, there is one, but it isn't the same). Anyway, it itsn't bad and it's got some interesting twists in the final part. 6.5/10

20. hrs0722

hrs0722 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hokkaido48 damn when
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Muse: Drones World Tour

5/5

Worldwide screening of filmed concert of the band. It was fucking epic! Really feels like watching the band live.