Rate the last film you watched

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by CDevil, Jul 6, 2007.

1. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Bohemian Rhapsody

No need for quantitative rating, FOR ME THIS IS THE BEST MOVIE EVER!

2. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

The Nutcracker and the Four Realms. It's true that it's got many things of Narmia, Alice in Wonderland and other fantasy films, but I really enjoyed it. It's visually delightful and the plot is fresh enough for me, with a good balance between 'the Disney spirit' and thrill. 9/10

3. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Four films worth checking out...

movie1.jpg
    Nobody Knows (2004) <Dare mo Shiranai>

Based on a true story. About a single mother who abandons her four children in a Tokyo apartment, and how the children attempt to survive on their own. The movie is somewhat depressing, but really interesting. Among the featured actors are YOU, who was the narrator of Kitahara Rie's stint on Terrace House, Endo Kenichi, who you will recognize if you see, and a young Yagira Yuya, who went on to be in Mare, Gintama I and II, as well as Nobunaga Concerto. This one is by far my favorite of the four I am listing here.

movie3.jpg
    Like Father, Like Son (2013) <Soshite Chichi ni Naru>

Story about two children who were switched at birth, and what happens when the parents find out about it. It's a tough watch, mainly because the main protagonist isn't entirely likable. But what would you do if it happened to you? Features an all-star cast, including Kiki Kirin, who just recently passed away. (Wife of Uchida Yuya, who did that duet with Sasshi a few years back)

movie2.jpg
    Tokyo Sonata (2008)

A father loses his job, and he goes through great lengths to hide it from his family while dealing with various family crisis'. Features Koizumi Kyoko, who you might remember as the mom in Amachan. Kinda slow, but interesting.

movie4.jpg
    The Professor's Beloved Equation (2006) <Hakase no Ai Shita Suushiki>

Interesting story about a housekeeper who takes care of an eccentric old math professor, who after an accident when he was younger can no longer remember anything for longer than 80 minutes. She and her son form an interesting bond with the man, and a system to help him recall things he can't remember. Touching film.

4. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    [​IMG]

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0405094/?ref_=nv_sr_1

The Lives of Others is one of my favourite films, definitely worth watching! To properly understand it one might need some understanding about the cold war and two Germanys but still, a must watch!

5. Hiraishin

Hiraishin Member

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    1. Marrowbone. 8/10. It's thriller theme.
    The plot twist is great.

2. Nobody's know (dare mo shiranai) 7.9/10
    I love it.

6. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    movie1.jpg

Mishima: A Life in Four Chapters (1985)

This movie centers around the story of Mishima Yukio, actor, novelist and noted nationalist who attempted a military coup of the Japan Self-Defense force in 1970, and ended up committing suicide after his plan failed. (Google search "The Mishima Incident" for more info) The film features dramatizations of three of his famous novels, intertwined with the story of his life and the fateful day of his death. Despite this being a completely Japanese language film, it was directed by Paul Schrader, and produced by Francis Ford Coppola and George Lucas. This is an amazing movie. I highly recommend. (And interestingly, it has never been officially screened in Japan.)

movie2.jpg

Tokyo Godfathers (2003)

I am guessing a lot of people on this forum have probably seen this before, but it was my first time. Based on an old novel, and has been filmed in the US multiple times under various titles, most notably "The Three Godfathers." This story centers around three homeless people in Tokyo, a drunk, a transvestite, and a runaway teen who find an abandoned baby, and the chaos and adventure that ensues as they try to find the baby's parents. It's a lot of fun, and I was surprised by the grittiness of the dialog.

Both of these films are worth the watch.

7. karles48

Fantastic beasts: the crimes of Grndelwald. Disappointing. The special effects are good, but that's all I enjoyed. It's far too long, the romantic parts are a burden, the plot is too confusing and the action is too hasty (I've just red the Wikipedia page and found out a lot of things I didn't realise yesterday because things happened too fast). 3/10

8. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Coldplay: A Head Full Of Dream

5/5

Another perfect movie! It's actually a documentary about the band's career but I learn how to run a band & live a dream!

9. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

L'Eclisse (1962) - 6/10

[​IMG]

Actually i like antonioni's technical aesthetics and in this one, clearly had showed that strong poetic influences for the like tarkovsky - especially the last seven minutes - with also some indirect jab for capitalism and casual racism. Inspite of that, i dont really dig the basic plot whether the romance is futile or not. Watching monica vitti and alain delone bemusing each other is quiet boring.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2018
  10. karles48

Two Spanish films.

Superlópez. It's based on a Spanish comic book, a parody of Superman. It's quite good, especially if we bear in mind that the Spanish directors usually hate to make films like this one. 8/10

if the video does not show watch the video here

100 metros (100 meters) "The plot is based on the true story of a Spanish man with Multiple sclerosis who tried to finish an Iron-Man: 3,8 km swimming, 180 km cycling and 42 running. After he received his diagnosis he was told that he would not be able to walk 100 meters within a year." (wikipedia) It's very moving and I enjoyed it. 8.5/10

11. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

First Reformed (2017 ~ or 2018)
    [​IMG]
    at least, a new movie from a very very literate person, the old man paul schradder and it's really full of food of thoughts. Help by strong, mesmerising character performance by Ethan Hawke this one gave quiet a look -from i quote somewhere- of its moral, ethical, political, and religious implications. Yeah that kind of things that will bore most people nowadays. another strong jab for current climate, both environmental and political one.

the tricky part is where
    the movie look like build moment, to deceive audiences with such nihilistic, full of despair kind of end, not until its gave another twist of hope with the appearance of amanda seyfried's character right at the the reverend toller (of Ethan hawke) change his course but then decide to end his life-only. I would love to see if its cut in between so to give it kind ambiguity, uncertainty feel, open ending. will or wont he drink that in front of her

8/10

Last edited: Dec 11, 2018
  12. Astro48

Astro48 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Marsha
    Twitter:
    polaristune
    Ralph Break The Internet

4.6/5

13. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Threads (1984) - 8/10
    [​IMG]

14. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid (1969) - 6/10
    [​IMG]

Obviously strong on screen chemistry for the both lead, filled with chuckles. Its lose the excitement through the second half where thing start to dry up.

15. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969) - 8/10

[​IMG]

-----

Burning (2018) - 8/10

[​IMG]

16. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

Roma (2018) - 8/10

if the video does not show watch the video here

17. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

The Ballads of Buster Scruggs (2018) - 6/10
    [​IMG]

Anthology tales of the old west but with coen's brother touch and twist on it. Not their best works to date, quiet whimsical. things started interesting by the third and next stories after

18. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Spider-Man_Into_the_Spider-Verse_poster.jpg
    Spider-man Into the Spider-verse.

5 of 5 stars.
    It all comes together -- animation, story, characters. I think it was a fun watch. Marvel totally killed it this year starts with Black Panther through Avengers Infinity War and Ant-Man and the Wasp ending with this.

19. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Die Hard

10/10,my favorite action movie of all time

20. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

The Sisters Brothers (2018) - 7/10

[​IMG]