TV / Radio Re:Mind (2017/10/19)

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 News and Releases' started by too much idea, Sep 29, 2017.

1. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  2. chrissirhc

chrissirhc Member

Oshimen:
    yamaguchimaho
    i won't harp on this since a lot of people seem to like it, but for me the drama on it's own was kind of bad. There were numerous times i thought ”why wasn't this mentioned before?"
    The background stuff that's not part of the show does make it a little more interesting, and i think the acting was overall good considering it was the first time for everyone. I just found the story to be poorly written.

3. 4noki

4noki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Twitter:
    ShinokiW
    Well, that was a good way to wrap it up, I suppose. Overall, I really enjoyed this drama. The suspense was great. But at the same time, if I were to compare it to TokuDare, I preferred TokuDare. Although suspense-wise, Re:Mind had my heart jumping out of my chest in fright a lot more often.

The ending... it was rather unexpected. Or rather, it was something I would consider hinted at yet not one of the big hypotheses of who the culprit was.

So, the culprit was Kage-chan! I'm a little disappoint that she didn't really explain much aside from being Miho's sister and feeling terrible about the bullying and whatnot. There wasn't much explanation on how the girls disappeared, how they got there, etc. I get it, but at the same time, I'm a bit dissatisfied.

Her motive for the crime... it was honestly kind of weak. Although she felt attachment and somehow went mad with her guilt over Miho, I can't understand it. Just because Miho turned out to be her sister, Kage set up a whole elaborate thing in order to get her classmates to apologize and then kill them off so they can join Miho. Can she do that just because she got some money from her "Father" to search for Miho? Apparently. Ah... I don't really get the explanation.

And Mirei's role. Mirei really was a great red herring, but... she wasn't really followed up on? I always thought that Mirei took on the "Detective" role in this story. Thus, when she was dismissed so simply--no screams, no explanation of her guilt--as she was about to hypothesize something... ah, I kind of expected a bit more of what Mirei was or did.

As for the final black out... I thought that the girls managed to get out and were celebrating or doing whatever it is that they do. They're a bit too happy and casual with Kage (but of course, I wouldn't know if the other girls would find out about Kage's actions), but... as the opening song started playing, I thought that was perhaps the ending. That they got out and all that. It felt a bit jarring after being all cry-cry, scream-scream, you-bullied-Miho!! for the last 11 episodes, but... it could have been what happened after a time skip after the last black out?

You don't see Miho in the ending sequence until the very end. But I think I spotted her playing with the sparklers during the ending sequence, which made me question if the girls were actually saved. Since Miho does not equal walking. But the sequence also zoomed into the girls' bags and had those little black tubes with ribbons. Those are the things that carry graduation certificates, which imply that they graduated. That implies that the ending sequence is set after the kidnapping and whole thing with Kage.

But... if they did have a happy ending, I do have to ask, why?

All things considered, I think Kage was pretty set on killing everyone and dying to be with Miho. I wonder if she had a failsafe in mind for if she decided not to. That would take into consideration her actual extent of dedication to her plot--whether or not she really meant to kill off her friends, etc. I could see her not wanting to kill them off since she seems so attached to them. Yet...

She went through all that. And just one misc. email from a misc. place makes her break down: Miho is alive!

I guess, she really wanted Miho to be alive and didn't want to kill everyone off? Since a random email doesn't really signify that Miho's alive. It could be from her father or some other person who got his/her hands on the picture after Miho's death. If it really was Miho, why would it be from an unknown email? Because if it was from Miho's email, then Kumi would know Miho's alive well before the end of the show?

Although I said a lot of stuff and asked a bunch of questions, I still really enjoyed this drama overall. Yey~

4. Navicon46

Navicon46 Kenkyuusei

IMO the ending when they were on the beach with sparklers was a flashback from before the bullying when they were still friends

5. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    I keep saying that Tokudare is my fav drama but seeing Re:wind (the bonus episode) sealed the deal for Remind to become my new fav drama from Sakamichi (and possible from both 48/46!)

You can see their graduation certificate in their last shot. So that should happen after everything

6. yousakura

yousakura Member

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteam8
    Just binged this series, holy shit now this is art <3

7. delta29

delta29 Kenkyuusei

earth,solar system,milky way galaxy,Universe
    Oshimen:
    Yamazaki Rena
    ok, i'm going to re:watch the whole thing so i can understand what is this drama all about. because i'm a bit lost after watching the last 2 episode

EDIT :before i watch the whole thing again, i just want to say a few stuff (no spoiler)
    first of all i'm very impressed by the girls acting skill, few that impressed me the most are Shiho, Kage, Memi, Kyonko, Aya, kumi, and Mei-mei. i think the Hiragana acting skills (all of them) were better than most of the Kanji's (at least from what we've seen so far).
    but there are a few question i have about this drama, #1. where and what is this "Room" that they stuck in? (from what we see it could be a boat or a building that is made very very very close to the shore when the tide is down) and #2. how long did they stuck in there? (i guess long enough until the tide's went up), but i don't know......i could be wrong.....

Last edited: Dec 29, 2017
  8. Ophelia

Ophelia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kitahara Rie
    The build-up was so great and then the ending was a total letdown. This seems to be a recurring theme with (insert group name)48 dramas. The twist was weak and the reasoning behind why everything was happening wasn't exactly convincing.

9. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    • They managed to safely escape, graduate, and have a good ending

also she said that they are inside a ship all this time

• Like Like x 1
  10. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    ^ So that's a happy ending.
    Cool~

Hiragana rocks!

11. hmmero

hmmero Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Risa & KAWADA₍₍ (ง ˙▿˙)ว ⁾⁾
    Twitter:
    horimeiko
    I can grasp everything else, the only thing i want to know is how and where did they "disappear" to whenever it blacked out.. i would really like to know how that magic show-like contraption/apparatus worked....was this ever explained?(maybe I wasn't paying attention)

12. sasaka

sasaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    ^ i don't think they have explained it, i'm also curious about it..
    Happy ending is good and all, but i find it a bit anticlimatic. I mean, they seriously forgive everything after one day and have a great time together after all that? Wow.. I'm not saying i hate it though, it's still a better ending than tokudare imo :)

13. engshing

engshing Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimaharuna
    to me the ending is just an alternative timeline if none of the bullying happen. The best case scenario as imagined by kage. However, i think in the present timeline, everyone of them died, perhaps by drowning since that kage say they are going to meet miho.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Vivienne

Vivienne Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    Finally finished bingewatching. Haha.
    If what Kyoko said was true, then what was that crashing sound..;
    Well, I'm glad they're all happy but.. how would they have gotten their graduation certificate if they were locked on the graduation day itself? Did they claim it at the school afterwards? haha.

Also, I hoped they showed all the girls in another room after that. I'm seriously curious where they went after they vanished.
    Other than that, loved mostly everyone's acting. Except Sarina and Mei, I don't know if they did their acting like that on purpose tbh
    Kyoko was so in-character, she was my favorite character overall.

15. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Re:Mind ep 0 aka Re:Wind is really funny.:rofl: My favorite is Kyoko SiMajo bicycle scene and Aya diss to Kyoko's oldman. But, when I think about ReMind, it is so sad that those hapiness has turned into what we watched on Re:Mind. :(

16. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

if they claim the room is on the ship

they must crashed when the light turn off because Kageyama DIDNT have a backup plan to save anybody.
    the beach scene is a dream sequence of a fake graduation because Miho already on wheelchair and we saw her walking on the beach.

showroom 12-29-2017

the cast on Memi's left hand was removed :worthy:

if the video does not show watch the video here

backup : link

photos:

https://twitter.com/SHOWROOM_jp/status/946703527245619200

https://twitter.com/tvtokyo_remind/status/946701687611310081

https://twitter.com/SHOWROOM_jp/status/946675364826193925

https://twitter.com/tvtokyo_remind/status/946674583263854592

Last edited: Dec 30, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
  17. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Loved Re:Wind. It's the best prequel/final ep they could have make. And finally we laugh a bit after the dense atmosphere of 12 episodes.

Does someone knows how Re:Mind did in Japan? I'm curious and hopeful about it, since it could lead to other good things for hiraganas

18. Vanquire

Vanquire Kenkyuusei

i hate open ending. mystery or thriller without explanation is just a fantasy.

19. Ophelia

Ophelia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kitahara Rie
    I don't really think it's an open ending.

To me it's pretty clear that they all died. At the end, it was some sort of alternate universe, a place after death or just something that could have been if it wasn't for what occurred that year. The ending was really sad to me because what we saw could never have occurred in reality. Even if they got off the boat, too much has happened for all of them to stay great friends. Especially can't see Miho wanting to be friends with any of them.

I do wonder, did the girls get dropped to the bottom of the ocean when they fell through the hole? Because that seems most likely to me. Though let's be real, the way it happened was a bit unrealistic. I supposed the girls could have been ''bellow deck'' but then the girls would have heard voices or screaming.

20. Shiatama

Shiatama Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    murayamayuiri

Does anyone know how to write the phrase in hiragana or katana? In romanji I think it is "nanio mite mo nani ka omoidasu" correct me if i am wrong :) thanks I want to engrave this phrase in my mind :)

Amazing drama!! Especially Kyoko was great.