1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Respective Ace(s) for Each Generation

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Edgyeiji, Jun 27, 2014.

1. Edgyeiji

Edgyeiji Kenkyuusei

I know this info might be somewhere on the Internet if I put bit more effort to look for them but I trust the many experts here to provide the details at the drop of a hat anyway. So who are/were the ace for each generation? Did they live up to the expectation? Were they management favoured over who fans wanted to represent the generation etc. The reason I'm asking is because during the Mechaike Yuko special, Kobayashi Kana made a rather heartfelt speech about how she was the original Team K ace to only had the position snatched away from her by Yuko or some sort. I'm assuming a failed push would be 13th gen Mitsumune Kaoru. So why don't you folks step back from all the haterode and speculations about the upcoming election single and provide some constructive input instead.

2. skydrive27

skydrive27 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iriyamaanna
    gen9: Miyu Takeuchi
    gen10: Kato Rena
    gen11: Rina Kawaei
    gen12: Juri Takahashi
    gen13: Mitsumune Kaoru/Oshima Ryoka(?)
    gen14: Kojima Mako
    gen15: Owada Nana

i think Miyu like Kana, now her popularity was overtaken by Paruru.

3. PooPyon

PooPyon Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshihashi Yuzuka
    Twitter:
    akibachans
    Pretty much what @skydrive27 said, but I think 9th gen's ace is Yui - the girl did get pushed/promoted first.

4. ArashNine

ArashNine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    Do you have a video of this speech? :blink:

5. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    I second that request! I never knew that! Wasn't she just joking? No shade, I like Kana and she could have been chosen as an ace as much as the others, but I never noticed her to be more pushed than the others in the early days of K. Or maybe was it pre-debut?

6. ArashNine

ArashNine Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shiromamiru
    I knew she was ace of second gen, but I didn't think she would have said such things.

7. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    Checked it from different sources, she actually was. Gosh, how could I have missed it for all those year?! :shocku:
    One more thing I love about this fandom: you learn everyday.

8. SunnySK42

SunnySK42 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    otakiyuria
    Twitter:
    sunnyside_42
    I'm sure that there are better versions out there but here:

if the video does not show watch the video here

At about 1:09:30. I think it's been mentioned once or twice in other places too but I'm not positive when. Kana was definitely pushed at first, she even had Acchan's position in Team K's version of Skirt, Hirari:

if the video does not show watch the video here

I'd agree that Yui was the ace of 9th gen, Miyu is more of what I'd call a failed push unfortunately, although she never had a huge push. She was Yuko's under and got some attention for that but Yui was given a big role in Majisuka 2 and she was put in Not Yet and other things like that.

9. Deyan

Deyan Member

Twitter:
    MrWeilai
    This I remember. Thanks for the video!

It is known that Miyu was the original 9th gen ace, but to be honest it always felt like Yui was.

10. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

gen 10: Izuta Rina
    gen 12: Tano Yuka + Iwata Karen

11. Elementaljyt

Elementaljyt Kenkyuusei

gen5: Miyazaki Miho

12. cubozoa

cubozoa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Twitter:
    Cubozoa48
    Mion was chosen as 15th gen ace in the beginning but got overshadowed by Naanya's rising popularity.

Currently Mion is leading the G+ follower count race again.
    Need to wait for the next sousenkyo to decide who wins the popularity battle. [hehe]

13. Furukawa_Akane

Furukawa_Akane Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Out of the members that are left from 1st-5th gen~
    1st) No3b (Since they're the only one's left)
    2nd) Umechan (?)
    3rd) MaYuki definitely~
    4th) Mochi
    5th) Sashi~

14. Open_SaysaMe

Open_SaysaMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Twitter:
    Open_SaysaMe
    Well from 6th gen is definitely Akicha, the only 2 girls that I ever heard about were Micha and Akicha, so it's definitely Akicha.
    I agree that Yuihan always felt more like 9th gen's ace. Was Takeuchi really the ace? Because the one being on Everyday, Katyusha was Yuihan, Miyu was in the Undergirls.

To sum up:

gen1: Who was 1st gen's original ace? Oshima Mai or Maeda Atsuko? It's kinda confusing, because there are other proeminent girls from that time like Nakanishi Rina and Takahashi Minami.

gen2: Kobayashi Kana then ?

gen3: well Watanabe Mayu, obviously

gen4: I would hint at Reina Fujie or Kuramochi Asuka, probably Reinyan?

gen5: Miyazaki Miho

gen6: Takajo Aki

gen7: Kikuchi Ayaka ?

gen8: wow none of those girls ever made it to full AKB members!

gen9: Miyu Takeuchi

gen10: Izuta Rina (really??! I never noticed, she was a complete failure then :O )

gen11: Rina Kawaei

gen12: I would say Juri Takahashi too, Aki-P complimented her (@nokoru why you say Tano Yuka + Iwata Karen? are you sure about it? And double ace? hmmmm)

gen13: I would say Mitsumune Kaoru (/ Oshima Ryoka ? )

gen14: Kojima Mako

gen15: Owada Nana

15. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

I think you're wrong. :^^;:
    15th gen ace has always been Owada Nana from the beginning. :^^;:

@Open_SaysaMe : Tano Yuka and Iwata Karen were center at kks stages when 12th generation debuted.

1st gen ace was Takamina.
    Yes, Izuta Rina was a failure ace although she performed better than other 10th gen members. Poor her! :glare:

Last edited: Jun 28, 2014
  16. cubozoa

cubozoa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    suzumotomiyu
    Twitter:
    Cubozoa48
    Proof? :p

I mean Naanya has clearly been more pushed ever since her HS results were stellar for a KKS member and she is the ace now but I'm not sure if she was intended to be the ace when the management revealed the 15th gen members.
    They seem to put quite some focus on Mion's background, child actress and whatnot.
    http://akb48taimuzu.livedoor.biz/archives/33018957.html

And Mion has been the one who centered stuff like the first ever stage appearance of the 15th gen at the Omoidaseru Kimitachi e revival concert one month before their theater debut.

17. nokoru

nokoru Upcoming Girls

I love her more than Nanya but I still think that center in only one performance means nothing. :p

18. x_lambs

x_lambs Next Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    worklodz
    I like how the healthy rivalry is developing between mion and naanya. I feel like it could reach the Oshima v Maeda level in the future. Witness this recent cover of the the two 15th gen aces.
    owada mukaichi.jpg
    Mion + Heavy Rotation and Nana + Iiwake Unis. It's kind of funny that the unis look too big on them. Nana's uniform looks like the cosplay version.

19. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    That was also my impression from the beginning. All the talk, even before their Stage debut was about Owada.

I think Komorin was the first member to get any considerable push in the 7th gen. Kikuchi was a 3rd gen. retread

20. hinapyon

hinapyon Member

Oshimen:
    Muto Tomu
    Twitter:
    nagekinohina
    1st: Takamina was def the 'original ace', although she was overtaken by Acchan.
    2nd: Kana
    3rd: Mayu
    4th: Reinyan.
    5th: Myao
    6th: Akicha
    7th: Ayarin, she had been a member already and there was just such a huge difference in popularity between her and the others. Komorin if you are talking about new members, she was the first member to really be pushed while still a kenkyuusei.
    9th: Miyu*
    10th: Izurina*
    11th: Ricchan*
    12th: Yukarun (She was Ice no Kuchizuke just two months after audition!) or Juri (called the next Acchan)
    13th: Ryoka*
    14th: Kojimako*
    15th: Naanya*

* are members who were officially named as their generation ace

I feel the idea of a 'generation ace' didn't start till after 7th gen/Komorin, since that was when kenkyuusei started to get pushed/noticed before team promotion.