1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Rocket Punch (로켓펀치)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by shining445, Aug 3, 2019.

1. Midori

Midori Member

BIM BAM BUM MV has reached 25 million views!
    It's their first MV to hit that number of views :)

Side note, still no news of a CB, no sign of new hair afaik... Golden Child is currently promoting their most recent comeback, perhaps after that...? I'm hoping it won't be too much longer.

• Like Like x 2
  2. Midori

Midori Member

First episode of Juriful Days Season 2!

if the video does not show watch the video here

I saw someone mention that Drippin dyed their hair recently but I wasn't able to confirm it, but maybe that means they will have a CB before RCPC? I hope we'll find out soon, I would love a CB before Eunbi and Chaewon join (if they join).

• Like Like x 2
  3. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

Woollim The Live 3 - Juri Behind (ENG Sub)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Midori

Midori Member

New episode of Juriful Days!

• Like Like x 2
  5. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

Bangguseok League Season 2 - Episode 1

Bangguseok League Season 2 - Episode 2

Bangguseok League Season 2 - Episode 3

• Like Like x 3
  6. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

Juriful Days Episode 3

• Like Like x 3
  7. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

Juriful Days S2 Episode 4

8. Midori

Midori Member

Since Spotify recently launched in Korea a ton of K-pop, Rocket Punch's discography included, has been removed from the service. This is because their music is distributed by Kakao M, which owns Melon, a Korea only streaming sevice, who understandably don't want to be providing their music to a competitor. Hopefully that changes soon.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bonjourmarlene

bonjourmarlene Under Girls Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    I'm not sure I agree with how much grace you're offering to Kakao M. Both Kakao M and Spotify are being greedy and selfish. This is hurting the artists and fans, and nobody else.

All of their mini albums are still available on Apple Music.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Midori

Midori Member

Something being understandable doesn't make it any less despicable; I'm reporting news not writing an opinion piece.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    It's not really understandable though. The music is still available on Apple Music, Youtube Music, Tidal and Amazon Music (don't know about other streaming services). This is a petty feud between Kakao M and Spotify only.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Midori

Midori Member

Kakao M doesn't care about foreign streaming services used in other countries, Melon is Korea only. Kakao M owns Melon and the music distribution rights, they are only concerned with Korean fans using their service because if they don't they'll lose money. So yeah, it's a petty feud but it's very understandable that a greedy corporation would act like a greedy corporation to maximize profits.

• Like Like x 1
  13. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    That doesn't explain why songs were removed from Spotify globally. It also doesn't explain why the songs are still available on Apple, Youtube etc., when these services are also available in Korea. Apple Music was introduced in South Korea in 2016, as far Google can be trusted on that, and the Kakao M songs are still available on there.

So, like I said, it makes no sense.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Midori

Midori Member

The reason is that Kakao M and and Spotify had a deal that has now expired with no new contract. The songs have been removed globally because they can't reach an agreement that satisfies both parties, and it happened to coincide with the launch of Spotify in Korea.

• Like Like x 1
  15. Midori

Midori Member

Regarding comebacks, it was announced yesterday that Drippin is having their first comeback mid-March. At this point I don't think we'll see Rocket Punch until after IZ*One disbands. There's still been no sign of comeback hair, but almost every selfie they post is from the training room.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Riot1

Riot1 Next Girls

Juriful Days S2 Episode 5

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. Midori

Midori Member

• Like Like x 1
  18. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    K-Wiz are really out of control. I also saw a bunch of hate comments on HKT48's Tanaka Miku's tweet, where she said "SakuNakooooooo" in response to IZ*ONE's disbandment.

I don't like how obsessed people get about their favourites. I love both RCPC and Everglow a lot and hope they don't take it to heart

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. sweetygirl1994

sweetygirl1994 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwatakaren
    Hey guys, I'm relatively new to Rocket Punch and K-Pop in general. I read somewhere that some fans think that after IZ*ONE disbands, two of their members might join Rocket Punch (I don't remember their names though). Do you think that's likely??

20. bonjourmarlene

Oshimen:
    小林蘭
    Twitter:
    curioushitomi
    Anything I (or anyone else) will say is entirely based on speculation and even bias.

Personally, I love Eunbi and Chaewon, but I don't think Eunbi suits the image of Rocket Punch. If they join, then I personally think it's much more likely that Chaewon will join and Eunbi will either drop from entertainment (not voluntarily) or she'll go solo – she's sadly too old to wait for Woollim's next girl group.

Chaewon is 20 (21 in Korean age) and looks like this:
    58707874_1286364558178511_8157359238432161792_o.jpg EFoqhF5XoAAXfYi.jpg original.jpg

Eunbi is 25 (26 in Korean age) and looks like this:
    DraRFaoWkAAyyDg.jpg original-2.jpg original-3.jpg

There are pictures of Eunbi where she's more cutesy, but they're rare and I think the mature / girl crush image suits her much more; which is not what Rocket Punch is going for. They're not exactly super cutesy in my opinion, but they're... feminine in a girly way. Eunbi is feminine is a womanly way if that makes sense?
    adLm0GD_700b.jpg

But that's just my opinion.

[HIDE]Also, I am really freaked out right now that you're from Salzburg (if your profile is still correct) because that's where I'm from too :blink: Never expected to see anyone else on this forum from the same region as me lmao[/HIDE]

• Like Like x 2