1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Rocket Punch (로켓펀치)

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Idol Emporium' started by shining445, Aug 3, 2019.

1. welp

welp Next Girls

Rocket Punch killing time during M Countdown recording

if the video does not show watch the video here

Leaving after M Countdown finished

My Navi coverage of Rocket Punch's performance in Girls Award.

Modelpress

All these J media emphasized "元AKB48高橋朱里" (former AKB48's Takahashi Juri)

I don't think so. I believe they had practiced their lines over and over numerous times. Their thick accents were spotted on next to native speaker Juri.

• Like Like x 3
  2. welp

welp Next Girls

• Like Like x 2
  3. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Yes, and Renacchi also posted a still, which was posted in her thread earlier.

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 2.51.22 PM.png

Screen capture from the video posted by Renacchi.

Screen Shot 2019-09-29 at 2.53.38 PM.png

P.S. Since this part was about Juri and not Rocket Punch, it should really be in Juri's thread.

• Like Like x 1
  4. welp

welp Next Girls

Bim Bam Bum on The Show 20191001

This is special episode live from Seoul Music Festival

Newsen version

What if it's the part about Yeonhee personally not Rocket Punch? Can it be posted here? If it can, why only Juri's personal topic can't? Why must 1 member be treated differently?

• Like Like x 1
  5. Vellum

Vellum Kenkyuusei

Any eng sub for punch time.ep 1?

Sent from my Mi A1 using Tapatalk

6. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    https://twitter.com/suyoonrcpc/status/1177815336747335681

this account is still subbing it, we just need to wait a little bit more
    don't know if there's another account that might sub the show though,

• Like Like x 2
  7. Midori

Midori Member

• Like Like x 2
  8. welp

welp Next Girls

Bim Bam Bum on The Show fancam, Juri focus

• Like Like x 3
  9. welp

welp Next Girls

Bim Bam Bum on Music Bank in Gangneung 20191004

• Like Like x 3
  10. welp

welp Next Girls

Punch Time EP 1 Eng subbed

Tipco's tangerine juice was available in Korea? How costly was made-in-Korea tangerine juice that it was cost efficient to import tangerine juice?

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. welp

welp Next Girls

• Like Like x 3
  12. welp

welp Next Girls

• Like Like x 3
  13. welp

welp Next Girls

• Like Like x 2
  14. Rashbell

Rashbell Member

Oshimen:
    satoshiori
    • Like Like x 1
  15. welp

welp Next Girls

Translation. Definitely not totally accurate but, it can help you who know 0 Japanese grasp the gist of it.

Firstly, please introduce yourselves in self-promoting way.
    Dahyun: I'm the 15 year-old youngest (14 in Japanese system). My hoppy is shopping.
    Sohee: I'm cutie Sohee. My smile is my charm point.
    Yunkyoung: I'm eating lover. It's said my hair looks alike poodle dog.
    Suyun: I'm the tallest in Rocket Punch. I raise the height average of the team.
    Yeonhee: I'm the leader of Rocket Punch. I'll work hard to show various charms.
    Juri: My charm point is my sparkling eyes. I look cute and confident on stage and, I'm self-esteemed.

Seeing various groups in Girls Award, in comparison, I found Japanese girl groups had cute vibes and Korean group had cool vibe.
    Juri: I used to be a Japanese group's member. Back then, I acted cutely but, when I came to Korea, the perfect performance was demanded. Thus, we girl group's members can't be just cute, we must be confident and powerful on stage. We also have covered boy groups' dances.

Girls Award was your first performance in Japan. How were Korean and Japanese fans different?
    Sohee: In Korea, it feels like, when I'm on the stage, all fans just keenly watch me. Japanese fans shouted "Soheechan", waved at me or greeted me. They're cute.
    Juri: In Korea, we only did fansign. Korean fans wrote to me poetic messages like "When my life turns into night, you are the star shining bright.", sang self-written songs or something else romantic. Fans from both sides support us warmly but express differently. It's kinda interesting.

Sohee said she felt like fans keenly looking at her, do you feel the same Juri?
    Juri: Kind of. They gave many reviews on members' performance improvement such as, "You did better than the last time.". They gave us keen reviews or advice. It feels like they're our teachers.

Yunkyoung, Suyun and Yeonhee, this is your first time to come to Japan. How is Japan to you?
    Yunkyoung: I heard of Disneyland and various other places from Juri but, this time, we didn't have much time that we could only visit convenient store. Next time, I wish I can travel in Japan with all members.
    Suyun: The mochikinchaku in the oden from the convenient store was seriously yummy.
    Yeonhee: We went to the convenient store together. They're many yummy-looking foods. We kept asking Juri "What's this?". It was fun.

Juri, you said to leave Japan to work in Korea was a big decision, please clarify.
    Juri: I used to be a member of a Japanese idol group. I pondered over and over if I should graduate to redebut in Rocket Punch. I thought human should challenge oneself. I thought I would regret till the day I die if I didn't take this big challenge. I'm now very glad that I took this challenge. I'm glad that I have new goal, new dream. I'll work hard.

It's said Korean language is easier to learn still, you've already been fluent in Korean, really?
    Juri: To my own surprise, coming back to Japan this time, I think my Japanese has been rusty. I lived in Korea since May, for 5 months that I've used Korean. I've been teaching other members Japanese still, at times, I wonder if my pronunciation still the same.

You've mastered Korean within 5 months, awesome.
    Juri: Korean idols are different from Japanese ones, members share living space. For 5 months that I've always talked to other members aside from sleeping time. It's easier to improve the language skill I think.

In the Girls Award event, Juri said "We'll also work hard in Japanese activities.". What kinds of Japanese activities will they be?
    Juri: Nothing specific has been discussed but, we're working hard to improve ourselves so we can be active internationally, Japan included.

Moving to Korea has widen your horizon, huh?
    Juri: Not really. Beyond Japanese and Korean, members are talking about learning English. I think music and dance are global language and can be appreciated beyond borders so, the ability is crucial. This is the very opinion I've developed after moving to Korea. I didn't think about this at all working in Japan.

Korean groups have more oversea activities it seems.
    Juri: Yes. Precedent groups have worked oversea. All members have been inspired and dreamt we'll too be able to do so.

Is it a specific group that is your inspiration?
    Yeonhee: Rocket Punch is a group of powerful and energetic concept. Recently, I covered Seventeen's energetic routine and loved it. Also, I admire BTS, who has been representing Korea oversea. We'll work hard to be the top powerful girl group of Korea.

Is it the dorm rule?
    Yeonhee: They're tasks such as, laundry, room cleaning, dish washing. We have the rule that, in each month, we switch the person to be in charge of laundry and room cleaning. In September, Sohee and Suyun are ones in charge of laundry.
    Dahyun: Besides, if anyone has any trouble or concern, we'll hold a meeting to talk it out.

The bond is essential for the group living together it sounds.
    Yunkyoung: Living together makes us grow close and we can always ask for help from each other. Members feel like family members.

What are members into lately?
    Juri: I may tap the shoulder and when the person turns her head, my finger will prick her cheek. The youngest Dahyun was the one introducing this prank into the group. When we're down, this kind of prank can lighten our mood up before going to the stage.

Juri, you're the eldest still, doing interview with you, I feel you're level-headed just like your AKB days.
    Juri: I used to be a leader but, in Korea, since they're many words I can't understand, Leader Yeonhee is like the leader to me. But, coming back to Japan, going to convenient store and having other members asking me "What's this?", for the first time, I thought "Ah. I'm the big sister.".

Yeonhee acts as your elder sister in Korea, huh?
    Juri: Yes. But, at times, Yeonhee can be kid-like. In those times, Yunkyoung will become the eldest sister. Everyone is dependable.

What have you learnt from 5 others?
    Juri: A lot. From Dahyun to Yeonhee, regardless of age, everyone expresses their thoughts clearly. I think this is why everyone can unify and look powerful and energetic. For the practice, dance details, the angle, the flexibility, the power etc, we practice until 6 of us perfectly match. At first, it's hard to keep up but, such earnest souls were respectable.

Conversely, I'd like to ask others what you've learnt from Juri who used to be a member of a popular Japanese idol group?
    Yeonhee: When we filmed MV or TV shows, Juri had good passionate expression and we learnt from her.
    Juri: Nah. You all could do it on your owns. You just needed more confidence. It's my pleasure that I could help you puting on headset.
    Suyun: Juri in Japan setting gives a bizarre feeling. I'm glad we got to debut together.

How was AKB's Juri to you?
    Other members: Cute.
    Juri: Thank you (shyly).

I think the inclusion of Juri has piqued interests onto Rocket Punch, the Japanese finds the group more relatable. Do you think the multinationality is a forte of the group?
    Yeonhee: I think, with Juri in the team, the Japanese can easier be drawn to. Many things I may have not experienced without her.
    Juri: At first, as I couldn't speak Korean, each member helped me a lot. In my opinion, it can be said neither side needs the help still, the intention to help when the country is different will solidify our bond, our teamwork. These bond and teamwork is driving us to work hard to be a group working globally.

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  16. welp

welp Next Girls

Rocket Punch on Music Bank 1000th episode special
    Nobody (original by Wonder Girls)

• Like Like x 4
  17. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    The group's official YT channel has just released a behind the scenes video of their recent trip to Japan:

(English subs can be selected to be displayed)

• Like Like x 5
  18. welp

welp Next Girls

finally, some fancams from the fanmeeting. Only found some of Juri or Yunkyoung.
    Juri focus
    Do Something

Russian Roulette (Red Velvet's)

Alternate view
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9XO77pgY3n4

Oh My (Seventeen's)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbjBjMunFRY

Favoite
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SN6UQcUtC-o
    Alternate view
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsYPCuZTr4M

Yunkyoung focus
    Oh My (Seventeen's)

Favorite

Alternate view
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOrh8UJmDS4

Paper Star (reported to be a song from next mini album)

Do Something
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcpIA1pjhsk

Russian Roulette (Red Velvet's)
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s5kbpkqmtCw

Lucid Dream & Ending
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jnKKlObhi3Y

Last edited: Oct 29, 2019
    • Like Like x 4
  19. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    BIM BAM BUM - DANCE PRACTICE (Halloween ver.)

BIM BAM BUM - DANCE PRACTICE (Halloween Self-cam ver.)

• Like Like x 2
  20. welp

welp Next Girls

• Like Like x 1