S48 Mafia Game I - [Phase: Game Over]

Discussion in 'Forum Games' started by AikyiTaizne, Nov 24, 2010.

1. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Stage 48 Mafia Game I

Game Moderator: AikyiTaizne

Participating Members
    sada
    Tyzer
    wendychi
    gideon123
    aakun
    ra-nyan
    Jasey
    miyuki
    loveandcoffee
    kirakirahanabi
    Decreez
    vikacong
    issa
    natsu7
    Gobolino
    RocketStarLauncher

Deaths
    sada (Night One)
    Tyzer (Day Two)
    kirakirahanabi (Night Two)
    issa (Day Three)
    Decreez (Day Three)
    loveandcoffee (Day Four)
    RocketStarLauncher (Day Five)
    ra-nyan (Night Five)
    gideon123 (Day Six)
    vikacong (Night Six)

Phases

Winners
    Town & Lovers Win!
    sada
    Tyzer
    wendychi
    aakun
    ra-nyan
    Jasey
    miyuki
    kirakirahanabi
    natsu7
    Gobolino
    RocketStarLauncher

THE OFFICIAL RULES (FOLLOW THESE)

HOW TO PLAY: Every player has been given a role, each with its own abilities (or lack thereof). Your role PM will explain what it does if you are meant to know. You do not need to reveal your role to other players nor will I do so in the in-game write up. Of course, you can choose to reveal information about your role if you wish to if you feel it would help you to reach your win condition. Just remember that any information you reveal can also be used against you, so claiming is entirely at your own risk. If you want to use your ability, PM the mods of the game (AikyiTaizne). Do NOT post it in the thread unless your role PM states otherwise.

YOU ARE NOT ALLOWED TO EDIT YOUR POSTS EVER. IF YOU MESS UP, YOU MUST QUOTE THE MISTAKE AND FIX IT IN A NEW POST. DOUBLE POSTS ARE ALLOWED.

PHASES: The game is split into two phases, Day and Night. The game begins during the day phase with all players (Town and Mafia alike) posting in the thread deciding who to lynch. Lynching is the town’s main way of eliminating mafia, so be sure to examine everything that your fellow players say in order to find inconsistencies, lies, dodgy voting patterns and anything else that could incriminate people. There may also be clues in the end of phase write ups, but relying on those is not advised as they may be veiled, misleading or otherwise unreliable. Day phases last approximately 48 hours or until a consensus is reached on who to lynch. Night phases last approximately 24 hours but may end earlier if all night activities are completed. If you have an optional ability and choose not to use it, please inform AikyiTaizne via PM so that he knows not to wait on your ability.

VOTING: All voting and game related discussion is to occur within the game thread. Town players may discuss who they think are Mafia, and Mafia members should be trying to avoid being lynched by bluffing and blending in and generally trying to not get lynched. To vote on anyone, post VOTE: Username (MUST BE IN BOLD!). You can also change your vote by typing CHANGE VOTE: Username (AGAIN IN BOLD!). You can also change your vote to nobody by typing CHANGE VOTE: No Vote (STILL IN BOLD!). Your last option is to vote for a no lynch, meaning that you actively choose to not lynch anyone. To do so simply type VOTE: No lynch (BOLDED OBVIOUSLY!). All votes post in the thread for your vote to count and it must be in bold. If you vote within a quote then your vote won’t be counted, so if you mess up voting and quote it to edit it then it will not count.

DAY PHASES: A Day Phase is over whenever a person obtains votes from more than 50% of the total number of players remaining, at which point they are lynched. It can also end if the time expires before a lynch is reached, at which point a No Lynch will be declared. When a person dies their role title will be revealed for all to see in the end of day write up.

NIGHT PHASES:
    Night Phases begin after a day phase has ended. During this time most abilities will be sent in to AikyiTaizne, with the Mafia usually sending in their kills while the town send in names of people they want to use their abilities on, such as investigate or protect. The night phase will end once all abilities have been sent in or when the time limit expires, at which point the mods will do a write up of the night’s activities. The write up will reveal what players have been killed and some other events that happen depending on what the mods consider important enough to be in the write ups. Whenever possible, try to get PMs into the mods as soon as possible after the start of the night phase in order to keep the game moving along at a quick pace.

ONCE THE NIGHT PHASE BEGINS, THE THREAD WILL BE LOCKED TO PREVENT ANY DISCUSSION IN THE THREAD AND TO AVOID CLUTTER. IT WILL BE RE-OPENED ONCE THE WRITE-UP IS COMPLETE.

Once night has ended, a new day begins and the cycle repeats itself until win conditions have been reached. The Town generally wins when there are no threats left to them; the Mafia generally win when their numbers are equal to or greater than the remaining non-Mafia players. Remember, this is a team effort so if you think sacrificing someone may help your cause then go ahead.

GENERAL MAFIA GAME RULES:

No players are allowed to edit their posts EVER!.
    Whether it be to correct a typo or to remove some accidentally incriminating things someone has said, no editing of posts is allowed. The standard penalty for anyone caught editing a post is a mod kill.

All players should play to their role/alignment and play to win. While there are likely to be times that you have to do things against your best interest, any players who deliberately go against their win conditions risk being banned from future games for failing to play to their role and going against the spirit of the game.

Players are only allowed to post their role title from their role PM, which is the bit that says you are “AKB48-Aligned Member” or something similar. You can paraphrase things that your PM says but you are not allowed to directly quote anything else other than the role title from your PM, which is also the only thing players will see when you are dead. If the mods catch you posting anything that closely resembles what your role PM says then it will be grounds for a mod kill. You have been warned!

In game “role bets” such as “I will never play again if…” is strictly prohibited. If you do this then you will at minimum be replaced as soon as possible, with a maximum penalty of a mod kill. It may also lead to a ban from future games; mods don’t want players who will bet on things outside their games in order to try and prove something in a game so just don’t do it.

Though we can’t force you to post, all mods love to see active participants in their games. We advise everyone to check in at least once a day, as games can move pretty fast and it can be easy to fall behind if you are not on regularly.

Though this may also be a mafia game, try not to postwhore in the thread. Where possible try to keep things relevant to the game that is being played and try not to let arguments get out of hand. This game stirs up some passionate arguments and we understand that this will happen, but if anything turns into a personal attack then it ruins the fun for everyone. Be considerate. :)

Unless your role PM specifically states otherwise, no players are allowed to talk about their role, game plan, alignment, win condition or basically anything game related outside of the game thread. While mods can’t easily enforce this rule, any communication about the game outside of the game thread goes against the spirit of mafia games and spoils the game. Anyone caught doing this WILL be mod-killed. This is your only warning!

Once you are dead, you stay dead. You will not be allowed to participate in the game thread or continue to talk to people outside the thread that you could talk to before. So if you are a Mafia player who dies, you are NOT allowed to continue talking about the game to your Mafia team mates. No dead players will receive any extra information from the mods when they die either. If you are dead, try not to post anything in the game thread as anything you say could be an unnecessary distraction to those still playing, though a quick post going “Oooooooo I’m a ghost!!” is generally okay, no-one is allowed to leave cryptic messages from the dead, notes on their corpses or anything like that. If you are dead, your contribution to the game is over.

Talking to other dead players is also frowned upon, as many games have been known to feature a revive type ability or need to have players replaced. Talking to other players outside the game means that these abilities can’t be used properly and that you can’t be used as a replacement, which can still have an impact on the game in play. So don’t do it!

When it comes to mafia games, nothing is ever as it seems. There can be things about your role that you don’t know about, other people can bluff about their abilities, people can lie, events can happen and write ups can be read in many different ways. If you have any questions about what is happening then you can get in contact with the mods via PM, and if we can clarify anything for you then we will do what we can. But there are many reasons why we might not be able to, and in any such eventuality you will get a post simply stating the following -> ^_^

With all this in mind, this is meant to be a fun game and it should be an enjoyable experience for all.

2. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Re: Stage48 Mafia Game I - [Phase: Day One]

NIGHT 0​

The girl lies on the floor motionless as if she’s taking a nap. Slowly approaching her, she’s startled as another girl, much smaller in stature jumps at her. The girls laugh as they frolic around rolling all across the changing room floor.

“It’s almost time! Let’s do our best today as well!”

The members gather around as they prepare to enter the stage. Today is a special occasion. The girls will be performing for one guest today, although the information is unclear, the guest is someone of very high standing. The girls will be giving their best show and 18 members had been specifically chosen for this task.

As the [overture] plays, the girls file out and give it their all…

-----

“Splendid!” The mysterious man gives a standing ovation as the show comes to an end.

“I have decided, 4 of you have been chosen… I hope you enjoy the next few days” The man laughs hysterically as he waves his cloak and vanishes behind it.

The girls make their way back to the changing room as they feel the tension around them rising.

“Who was that?”

The members changed into their casual clothes and proceeded home…

-----

As the beautiful girl exits the theater and makes her way home, a mysterious figure appears behind her. Walking up slowly, the figure taps her on the shoulder.

“Are you heading home?” The figure asked.

“Yeah, I still have to wake up early tomorrow for another photo shoot.”

“I see… Sorry, but I can’t let you go today. I think it’s time we settled this. You’re in my way.”

Starting to become confused, the girl nervously asks, “What are you talking about?”

“As long as you are here… the top will never be mine.”

The girl’s eyes widen as she sees the figure pull out a knife. Immediately, she sprints in the other direction hoping that this is all a dream. Gasping for breath, she eventually turns around and sees no one behind her.

As the girl makes her way around the next corner, a flash of light blinds her momentarily. She feels a shiver down her spine as cold steel is placed along her throat. Within moments, the girl drops into her own pile of blood… dead.

-----

Back in the change room, a few girls were still messing around.

“I’m going to the washroom,” a shadowy girl exclaims.

“Oh! Then I’ll come with you,” The perverted girl runs to the washroom as they laugh at her crude jokes.

Suddenly, the shadowy girl’s cell phone rings. [I want you! I need you!] Picking it up, she listens carefully.

“It’s done.” The voice on the phone says.

The shadowy girl ends the call and approaches the pervert. “I’m not feeling too well; I think I’m going to head to the roof for some fresh air.”

“Oh, do you need company?” Not even waiting for the shadow’s answer, the two head to the roof together.

“Lately, I’ve been getting a lot of work. It’s starting to tire me out, you know?” The perverted girl sighs as she looks at the plentiful buildings of Akihabara.

“Sorry, I wouldn’t know how it’s like.” The shadow approaches her slowly.

“Hey, want to go grab some cake – what are you..?” The girl turns around as she sees the shadow run towards her.

“You’re not needed anymore…”

In one fluid motion, the shadow pushes the perverted girl off balance and she topples over the edge. Falling from the height, the girl realizes that her life will end soon.

“… I trusted you! This… how could this be…? How ironic… I’m not wearing any sleeves today.”

The girl hits the ground with enough force to kill her instantly. She lies there motionless in her own pool of blood…

-----
    Night 1 Deaths
    AikyiTaizne is dead. He was Maeda Atsuko, Team A’s Ace – AKB48-Aligned Member
    Mr. Waffle is dead. He was Oshima Yuko, Team K’s Ace – AKB48-Aligned Member

3. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Day 1

---
    It is now Day One. Please choose someone to lynch or perform your abilities if your role allows it.

You have 48 hours.
    ---

You may now post. Have fun!

(If you're part of the game and you didn't receive any PMs, tell me please. If you have any questions about your role, don't hesitate to ask me via PM.)

4. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

i honestly have no idea who the shadowy girl could be.

5. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

kinda annoying that you cant edit post btw. i always edit posts .-.

6. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

posts*

SEE D=

7. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

So I can say "who" I am, but I can't say "what" I am?... right?

8. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

^Yes that's right. But it's not always smart to tell who you are.
    ---
    Btw, you guys DON'T have to post in character.

I recommend you don't, cause like then people will know who you are and will kill you.

Post anything, just start something o_O

9. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Well that was a fun introduction to read. Poor Yuko :( Sounds like shadowy girl isn't very popular...

10. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

I don't think the girl who killed Atsuko and the girl who killed Yuko are the same person.

I also think the girl who killed Yuko is either Takamina, Miichan, or Haruna. Maybe Haruna:

11. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

Ahhh... after reading the last death twice I got the no3b reference....

so that's why... hummmm...

ok, I feel almost relieved to be an outsider , then.

12. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

Wait... so can we say what are names are?

^
    ^I agree: Haruna. They're SO close.

13. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

^If you really want to, I'd be careful about it though.

14. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

so since we have nothing to base from

I SAY LETS KILL WHOEVER HAS ONE OF THOSE GIRLS AS OSHI.

gobo's oshi is haruna so i say lets kill gobo =D. nothing personal XD

15. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

The Yuko's murderer also has "Hebirota" as a ringtone...

.... in Hebirota who of the no3b girls were remarkable?...

Takamina with the kiss scene no?

16. Gobolino

Gobolino Member

Aakun... I don't think you , of ALL the users in the WHOLE FORUM... would like to kill ME .

(Hint totally intended)

17. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

its really nothing personal XD if you can find someone else with those girls as oshi you'll help yourslef XD

im so scared guys lol. i need a hug.

18. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

Yaaay let's kill Gobo *high tension*

but we don't know who has which character, no? So if we were playing, say, a JE game (using a non AKB example) even if we were sure that, I dunno, Yamapi had killed Kame, we wouldn't know who Yamapi is, no?

Ah, I'm still a little confused, I'm gonna need a little time to get used to the game XD

19. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki

^
    ^OR, do you want to stab one of us if we come too close?

At first, I totally thought Shadow Girl was Yuko due to the ringtone... but now maybe not... Sasshi? She was kind of part of Heavy Rotation's promotion.

20. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Btw I recommend you guys takes out notepad or something to take down notes.

Write down everything you think is suspicious or whatever, write down what roles you think people are. It'll greatly help the later game.