Saito Fuyuka (Fuuchan) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

One of the matome sites has published photos that seem to show Fuu-chan standing there in the front row pinching first her hand and then her cheek. Is she pinching herself to make sure she isn't dreaming? Commenters say how cute she looks.

f5220571.jpg e2a1dba8.jpg
    [​IMG]

2. Tempe

Tempe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    so emotional reading the blog (thanks @ukifune)
    ganbatte fuuchan, i know u can be on1st row.

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

3. newromantics

newromantics Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Fuuchan's post is so beautiful. I'm so happy for her, she really does deserve this spot, even if just for once. Hopefully people will notice her charms and she will do more @ HS.
    I love how members sometimes give us a glimpse at how their center, Hirate, is still a child behind all that strong and cool appearance.

4. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

So, for those who aren't that familiar with Japanese language and would like to see the full blog entry from three days ago, I translated it. It's the most emotional blog post I've ever seen on the site, it makes me want to share the full thing. I stayed as close to her original syntax and expressions as possible to make it authentic. Enjoy.

3rd single senbatsu announcement
    Saito Fuyuka

I am scared.

I am unbelievably scared.

Scared of the members’ and everyone’s eyes, too.

It’s because I don’t have confidence in myself.

Until now, I was considerate not to express a wish to move to the middle of the 3rd now or to the front rows too openly.

I came to an agreement with myself being at the edge of the third row, that’s why.

After all, I’m not cute compared to the others, it’s not that my style would be fine, and I have the lowest sales in handshakes.

I believed that I’m not in a position to say that I would like to go more to the front, but to tell the media and the fans after getting more confident about myself.

Therefore, when my name was left as the last one, I was convinced that I would not be called out.

Until now, I was at the edge of the third row and among the first to be called.

This announcement, the rows were called out from the center position, so I was awaiting to be called as went towards the sides.

As always.

When I realized, the announcement of the third row was finished.

‘Ah, I was dropped’,

but at the same time, totally unrealistic yet just a bit hopeful feelings like

‘2nd row...?'

came to me.

Going on to hear the announcement of the 2nd row, members who are certain to stand in the front row are called out one after another.

In the 2nd row, there was no spot for me to be placed into.

When the announcement of the 2nd row was finished, more than thinking ‘Aren’t you stupid for hoping to be put into the 2nd row’, my feelings were close to hopelessness.

So, Hiragana Keyaki-san are entering.

In my mind, there was only this, and even though everything I did until now as well as my abilities actually might have been insufficient, it was so painful to be faced with the truth that I could not lift my face.

Therefore, I have absolutely no memories of the moments when the front members were announced.

When I noticed that my name was called.

As I stood up from my seat and moved towards the position, I could not look the other members into their face.

I did not know what kind of expression would be good to make when standing in the front.

‘The handshakes are not everything’, is what my fans are telling me, but when you really want to get an image of the popularity, there is only the handshake sales.

So, you can only refer to this.

Someone like me, who is by far the last at handshake popularity, could not look the other members into their face when put into the front.

But, at that time, from behind, Imaizumi gently spoke out to me.
    “Congratulations”, she said, and laid both her hands on my shoulders.

That was when I realized that behind me, there was such an encouraging member as Imaizumi Yui, who experienced the front row twice and has an overwhelming cuteness about her.

Next to her, there was Yuuka, who obediently puts all her efforts into what she does, and despite her cuteness overcomes everything and thinks more of Keyaki than anyone else.

Therefore, I understood the meaning of me being this time at this position.

It is a chance. I have been given a chance.

Behind, there are so encouraging comrades that are giving their support.
    Therefore, I can surely commit myself.

There is much anxiety, but I believed that it also might be good to look forward to this position.

I absolutely don’t want to waste this opportunity.

All my fans’ faces are coming to my mind.

I am sure they are happy. They would understand.

Their smiles they display at the handshake events, they certainly are doing them now, too.

Maybe they are crying.

Maybe they are worrying, ‘Is Fuu-chan alright?’

Those who are not fans of mine might be angry.

‘Why did Fuu-chan come to the front’, or so they might not agree with it.

However, I have decided one thing.

I do not want to make this glory of past days.

That standing in the front is not the beginning of the end.

It’ still the 3rd single, so it’s inevitable that one would think ‘it was only an experiment’, or ‘she was put to the front in order to get more popular’,

but I want to make that one believes that there was some reason for being moved to this position.

I am sorry. It’s getting long but at last, there’s something about Keyakizaka.

I believe that Keyakizaka really is a beautiful group.

It might be strange that it is me who says this.

In Akimoto-sensei’s groups, it is a novelty to have a full-member-senbatsu.
    (Hiragana Keyaki joined mid-way, so it’s something different.)*

The 21 members of Kanji Keyaki have found together in a miraculous way, I believe.

After being formed, everything we did we challenged as 21.

Having to stand firmly on the spots we have seen on television,
    having to meet the entertainers we admire with a calm expression,
    being surrounded by adults, being afraid of how we are seen,

whatever we do, whatever we experience, there have been 21 members.

That’s why I am sure that they’re also here now.

Looking from the outside, one might see us only as some obedient girls.

Maybe we’re only seen as a girl group that is getting along.

But Keyakizaka really is such a good group that words cannot describe it.

I might not be able to answer properly if I am asked what makes a good group, but terms like “friendship” cannot express it.

That is why I believe that we can put on a magnificent performance as 21.

Really every single one has her charm,
    there are many that hate to lose,
    but also many that tend to cry,
    and some that are so spoiled that they like to sit on one’s lap,

however in dance lessons so many are embarrassed that almost everyone moves towards the back...

The center being the youngest,
    the oldest a ponkotsu,

those things are also part of Keyaki’s fascination.

The youngest and center may look steadfast, but in fact she is very sensitive and not unshakably strong.

And the ponkotsu oldest looks like she can’t do anything, but in fact she’s more of a hardworker than anyone else, and before the performances she does nothing but to always practice in front of the bathroom mirror.

From end to end, it is really incredible...

I am really proud to have entered this group.

The story has come a bit off-topic, but long story short, I believe that taking such a venture for the front row of the 3rd single is possible because of everything we have built up as 21 so far.

Because everyone is there for me, this time, I want to be confident and have the will stand in the front.

‘Everyone can shine no matter in which position’.

Such a group is what we want to become.

Nobody knows yet how we are going to work together with Hiragana Keyaki.

However, from now on, no matter what comes, I will stand firmly on the ground and move on persistently.

Therefore, please cheer me on.

Now, I want to meet with all the fans soon.

Please, for one last thing, hear me on!

Takayama Kazumi of Nogizaka 46 (the one I admire) this time was placed at the same position on the left side of the front row.

The senbatsu announcement was also at the same timing, and I am happy.

At the time I was thinking about contacting her, I was called by Takayama-san.

Heavenly. 0( :3_)~

I will really, really do my best.

I can still change.

Thank you for reading such a long blog until the end.

Byebye Fuu~ (*´ ³ `)ノ

Note: The line about Hiragana Keyaki I put a * mark on is one where I wasn't exactly sure how it was meant.

Nothing to add from my side. The words of a short girl with a big heart.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. Kielize

Kielize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    THANKS A LOT @Atreyu for the translation!! Gratefull~!!

6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Thanks, @Atreyu. Again, it brought me to the point of weeping.

7. heavysyrup

heavysyrup Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    I just recently got interested in keyakizaka46. Watching keyakitte Fuyuka immediately stood out to me, and I was shocked to find out she's the lowest in handshake sales.

Reading her blog post has cemented her as my oshi. She's got a bright future ahead of her. I hope she keeps writing long blog posts as well.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. newromantics

newromantics Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
  9. zurichtime

zurichtime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sugaiyuuka
    Thanks for the translations @Atreyu
    Reading her blog post makes my eyes teary. Such an emotional post. She's already thinking about the fans speculation about her position now.
    I really hope this won't be her last front row. I hope she would be get more popular after the 3rd single release.

10. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    a sample picture from the new UTB (which she'll be featured in). this is one of the most flattering shots of Fuyuka i've seen.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  11. Tempe

Tempe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yokoyamayuiteama
    fuuchan feature at utb? must buy.
    she so cute n lovely..

Sent from my MI MAX using Tapatalk

12. SunlitZelkova

SunlitZelkova Member

Oshimen:
    Koike Minami
    This is one of the things that has made me transition from being primarily a 48G wota to primarily a Keyaki wota.

Not going to lie... I had the feeling of crying (not on the edge of, but still felt like it).

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kielize

Kielize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    YOSH~! It seems that the single would probably do well!
    That makes me so glad that what i was worried about before wouldn't be happening!
    Fuu-chan gave off a really graceful and elegant feel in the MV, though it was rather weird IMO because the screen time was little but i think it should have left an impression on more people~!
    i couldn't seem to notice much of her during the dance parts due to the camera's zooming in and out, can't wait to see the live performance~!

14. jujuchuu

jujuchuu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    itomarika
    her lotte cm

if the video does not show watch the video here

EDIT:

I forgot to add this one

if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  15. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Fuu-chan's dramatic pose from the MV is one of the bits featured in the CM, which just appeared 3-4 times on the KeyaKake broadcast.

16. Kielize

Kielize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    Fuu-chan's smile at the end is pretty and cute!~!

I'm glad that there's that~! ^_^ but i wonder how is the response though to that scene...

17. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

It's actually been two days already but there was a pretty good blog entry by Fuu about the Futari Saison MV with some nice pictures. In case anyone is interested...

Good evening!
    It's Saito Fuyuka.

sub-member-6213_jpg.jpg

The 3rd single 'Futari Saison's MV has been published today!

Have you already seen it~??

The clothing in the picture above is from that time. ( ¨̮ )

When I saw the MV for the first time, I got so exited that I had goosebumps, and since our debut it hasn't even been one year, but how would you call it, maybe Keyaki's culmination?

Since the debut, it's been seven incredibly exciting months, so accordingly when watching the MV a lot of feelings came to me.

To be honest, so far, there's been no time where I was clearly visible in an MV

So this time, I was granted with several different shots for the first time and was really happy.

However, I will not let my placement in the front come to an end with a mere feeling like 'I was happy to have been shown in the MV'.

When speaking honestly about the current situation,
    the front members, of course, still have low sales compared to other members in the particular case of handshake events.

This time, to make the ones who come to the handshake events of the 3rd singles wanting to come again, I wish to come up with various ideas to make the handshake events of the 3rd single enjoyable.

Those who have already talked to me,
    those who haven't talked to me yet,

Everyone, I'm waiting for you at the handshake event.

Right now, the reception for handshake events is opened, so I'm gladly at your disposal!*

Byebye Fuu~(*´ ³ `)ノ

*(Note: I translated yoroshiku onegaishimasu this way, because she's asking for people to visit her.)
    Not that if the other members would be concerned about it too, but Fuuchan is trying hard to increase her fanbase these days. The ambivalence of the formation of this single is still in everyone's mind, and I get the sense that she's most aware of it because based on sales, she would have been the least likely to be put in such an important place. While the other members don't tend to lose a word about things like these, it's her way to openly speak about her concerns and the situation of the group, because it's the first thing she thinks about. Behind the scenes, she's the boss. 'Humility, kindness, the ties between us, shine brightly, Keyakizaka46' - she has these things all together. But I wonder, will that be enough to stay 'up there', maybe with the rest of Kanji Keyaki, in the future? I'm not worried about Shiichan anymore but when thinking about Fuu, Nijika, Odanana and the Hiragana Keyaki situation, I'm biting my lips.

At the moment though, I do nothing but rejoice about her position and am eagerly awaiting the choreographies and MVs of coupling songs. Her dramatic shot in the Futari Saison MV in the sunlight was one of the most intense moments of the MV, and maybe the most intense for me as a fan since I started following this group (except for the 3rd single formation announcement). When I saw this scene, I replayed it about ten times before I continued watching the rest of the MV.

18. Kielize

Kielize Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    fukagawamai
    Thanks for the translation!!!
    Hmm... Fuuchan is really straightforward i guess? Honestly, i did think Akanen, Fuu-chan and Aoi kind got short changed though they are somewhat in the front line just that didn't want to say anything about it...
    but seeing how she herself can bring that up and just bluntly put it out, i think i'm loving her even more ^_^

19. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

20. heavysyrup

heavysyrup Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nishinomiki
    Thank you for the translation Atreyu.

I also got excited when I saw Fuu-chan's solo shots in the pv. She looks beautiful, and I hope she can gain some more fans this way.

I like that she's trying her best to get people to enjoy her handshake lane. Her work effort and seriousness reminds me so much of Takamina from akb48. Watching keyakitte I hope she can find more opportunities to play off other members and the hosts with comedy. The potential is there for her to be very entertaining.