1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Saito Kyoko (Kyonko) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Hinatazaka46 Members' started by ForrestFuller, May 11, 2016.

1. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Sep 6, 2017
  2. Damasu

Damasu Kenkyuusei

All the best to Kyoko and her hiragana group. She definitely impressed with her vocals singing "Desire".

if the video does not show watch the video here

3. DRaken87

DRaken87 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    she deserve a solo song for sure!!! her voice is different and she got the technique... I was very impressed while watching that episode

4. mousou

mousou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    i just finished watching keyakake from ep 1 to now,
    really cant stop laughing when watching this girl :lol::lol:

• Like Like x 1
  5. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Here's a YouTube video collecting songs Kyonko has sung on her SHOWROOM appearances recently:

if the video does not show watch the video here

She sings parts of: Bokutachi wa Tsukiatteiru, Eccentric, Shibuyagawa, W-KEYAKIZAKA no Uta, Aozora ga Chigau, Wareta Smartphone, Eien no Hakusen, Chinmoku Shita Koibito yo, Kataru nara Mirai wo..., Dare yori mo Takaku Tobe, Getsuyoubi no Asa Skirt wo Kirareta, Shoujo ni Modorenai, Fukyouwaon.

She's a good singer with a wide range, an accurate and enjoyable voice, and confidence in her singing. So confident is she that she sings Hirate's Fukyouwaon and the Yui-chans' Shibuyagawa. And all this is totally without any accompaniment at all.

I think something is happening with her right now. She is seen spending more time with Kanji members (Mona and Fuu-chan in particular). And Memi has just made a blog post entirely about Kyonko. That one is a little unusual, since Memi admits Kyonko is cold toward her, and Kyonko has complained publicly about Memi invading one of her Showrooms and being quite pushy and refusing to stop trying to tickle her even when she says not to. But Memi talks about how kind Kyonko is, even as she acts cold. I'm even wondering if Kyonko will either be centre on the Hiraganas' next song or even sing with the Kanjis. We'll find out next Sunday, when the senbatsu is revealed.

I've also made a blog post about the video. And another blog post about Kakizaki Memi's post of a few hours ago about Kyouko. That includes some of my own speculations about their apparently somewhat fraught relationship with each other.

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  6. phikr1

phikr1 Kenkyuusei

thanks, and bless anyone who made that compilation :banana::banana::banana:

7. Damasu

Damasu Kenkyuusei

8. Mayayoyu

Mayayoyu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    odanana
    I wasn't the biggest Kyonko fan, but after seeing her shine as center I totally fell in love!:blush: I think that song suits her perfectly

9. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    From her 10/18 blog :inlove:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. SaitoWinterStar

SaitoWinterStar Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    And... maybe some shots from the MV 'cause there's not enough Kyoko here :)

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

11. sistren

sistren Kenkyuusei

love her voice, i find her very ambitious too wonder if she'll stay as hiragana center

12. dedaydor

dedaydor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishimorinijika
    IMO, if the next Hira song requires strong vocals, probably she'll stay. It would be a waste if they don't take advantage of her voice, especially that such talent in an idol group. But she'll have plenty of competition if the management decide otherwise; other members, including the new ones, have the potential to front and center. Yet Ramen-chan's determination is strong, so we'll see.

13. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I've liked her since her Showroom auditions. I think she is serious, hard-working, ambitious and a bit ruthless. In her first Showroom audition, she had on her sign that she was a friend of Zumiko's. That was gone the next day, and later it turned out that they had just been together at a Sony music training school two years before, and were more like acquaintances than friends. I think Kyouko is willing to take any reasonable advantage she can. But maybe she hasn't been thinking of being centre so much as just being solidly a member of the group. However, I imagine she's thinking of staying centre now. She has a quite adult determination. She has tried and failed at joining an idol group before, so she is probably even more determined to succeed here.

However, she said in an interview at the time of recording the MV that she had never even really thought of being centre. I think she was being modest and politic, but maybe she really never had. After all, until two months ago, Neru was at centre.

She has the most trained voice in the group, but it is so deep and characteristic that they might not want her to be centre permanently. The entire front line is capable of doing it, as is much of the back line. The 2gens probably, too, but maybe not right away. I expect them to try various centres until someone really clicks -- with them or with the public. And that might well end up being Kyouko, who is so hilarious, with her dry humour.

14. Meiji Ishin

Meiji Ishin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I found the criticisms of Kyoko over that a bit odd, but I guess it has to with the stricter in group/out group idea for the Japanese, as it's quite common in English to use the term "friend" when "acquaintance" is technically more accurate and no one bats an eye.

15. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    More than the term itself I think the problem is pretending to be friends with an already loved keyaki member to have a sort of leverage with fans. Or so I understood it since I haven't followed their showroom in the beginning.

I came to appreciate Kyoko - I frankly did not expect to - and I hope that she will fully use her (many) qualities to help hiragana. Even leading them if necessary. She surely seems to have the necessary guts for that job.

16. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I myself didn't actually blame her for using Zumiko's name, although lots of people did. I admired her willingness to make use of any advantage she could. Serious business requires serious measures. But I recognized that she was stretching the truth.

17. Jedrien

Jedrien Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
  18. dedaydor

dedaydor Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ishimorinijika
    Good for you.:chuffed:

Meanwhile, this will do for me:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    blog

Simple yet classy and alluring.:)

19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

20. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I almost had to laugh at how her face didn't change in any of the photos outside of the different poses. It's almost like she just cut and paste the other members into the shots.