Sakata Misaki (Sakatan)

Discussion in 'Team BII' started by lionel90, Jan 2, 2022.

1. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    A couple of short challenge videos from 'BOMB' with Sakatan and Keito:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  2. Mana

Mana Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

NMB released the full MV for "Kore ga Ai na no ka?" / "Is this love?" recently!
    I like the song and I find the MV very nice, it has many locations and it's colorful ^^
    Michapii did such a great job for her first (double) center and she looks SO good!
    I really like the outfits and also the hairstyles, and I love this hairstyle for Michapii!

001.jpg

:mail::mail::mail:

3. Mana

Glad that you enjoyed her performance!! :blush:

About the nickname, it's a bit of a complicated situation. I think I talked about it back then, a few pages ago, but yes... Basically she is called 3 different names/nicknames:

1) Sakatan, her official nickname. She's using this most of the time, in theater, in NMB shows, and in non-NMB shows as well. it's the nickname on her profile. But she explained before, it wasn't a nickname that she picked herself, it was decided with staff around her debut, and I think it's not the nickname that she likes the most but she goes with it.
    2) Michapii, this is the nickname that she's using in her social media usernames, and one that she made herself. it goes with her "gyaru" image and sounds less cool, more fun/cute.
    3) Misaki, her real name. She's using this for her chant at theater. I'm pretty sure she would have used this as nickname if there wasn't already another Misaki (Yoshino) in the group who already uses this as her nickname as well. (yes it's not a "real" nickname but some members use their real name as the nickname as well sometimes ^^)

So yes it's a bit complicated! Every fan just calls her one of the 3, the one they prefer. Personally, I call her Michapii in here and in other places where everyone knows who is Michapii, lol. But if it's some place where non-NMB fans might read, for example the general NMB threads here in the forum, or place with general 48G fans, I will use Sakatan so that people can know who I'm talking about ^^ I wish she would have just one nickname as it would make things easier, but yes. I think even if she couldn't use Misaki, maybe something like Misa? it's simple and cute and would suit her, but maybe she didn't think of this or didn't like it lol. So well, it's like this now ^^;

• Like Like x 2
  4. Mana

Congrats to Michapii, she recently passed 20k followers on Twitter!
    it happened around 1-2 weeks ago, she's at 20.2k right now ^^
    She made a "thank you" tweet when it happened, with a picture <3

001.jpg

:cute::cute::cute:

• Like Like x 2
  5. Mana

NMB recently started a YouTube contents channel called "UraNambachan" with specific content for every day of the week! and every Monday, there is a video of a serie called "Welcome NAMBA!" with Wakapon, Misaki and Michapii! Together, they walk on the streets, search for foreigners and try to talk to them, help them, and introduce NMB to them.

Here is episode 1! At first, the girls struggled to talk with people which is not very surprising because people were busy walking etc. it's not easy to stop them and start a discussion >.< around the end, they managed to find a group of foreigners who looked lost and tried to talk to them. Misaki is actually fluent in english but I think she's not talking too much in general, because the goal is to learn for the other girls, and Misaki seems to be here mostly to help in case they really need it or if they don't understand at all. Wakapon did a good job talking! However, for Michapii... >.< At the end of the video, they talked about how it went and they noted that Michapii did not talk at all, she said that she only said her name and nothing else! She was super cute in this part ;w; She seems all embarassed and uncomfortable about it >.< Too cute ;w; <3

The second episode! The show somehow became focused on making Michapii improve, haha. it's interesting because usually, she's very good at variety. But I already knew that she's the type to get shy and embarassed... like I noticed this when she's with the senior members sometimes. it just feels like she manages to forget about this when it's variety and she does her best! But outside of it, she is a bit shy yes! and here, she is very very shy ;w; almost scared ;_; So this time, they focused on making her talk to a foreigner. She tried... it was very cute when she tried to approach people and then walked back aw XD She managed to talk to some people a bit, but she was not confident at all, and at some point, she almost cried T_T ah... then at the end, the girls took a break and went to eat, they discussed for a better way to approach people and decided to write some text. Michapii was super cute in this, writing some sentences in english and saying them, too cute! <3

I highly recommend watching this show, first because Michapii is just adorable in it!! She's too cute!! Another reason is that this is good content for international fans since it focuses on talking in english, so we can understand what's going on ^^ and lastly, the videos are actually not very long, it's very easy to watch. and it feels very simple and real.

There is already episode 3 and episode 4, I will write about it in the next post :blush:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mana

Here is episode 3 of "Welcome NAMBA!" ^^

Things went better in this episode! and Michapii looked less nervous (still as cute as ever though >.<). it's good that they prepared the placard with text. First they met a young man who was soon joined by two friends, they joined like one by one so the discussion was quite long but the girls did well! Then they met a man and started talking english but after some talk, he started talking japanese with them lol he's a foreigner who's been living in Japan for almost 18 years! so they ended the discussion in japanese ^^ and lastly, they talked with a couple of older people. Something in common in all of their talks is that they often discuss about food, like asking which food the people like, or giving food recommendation... and since it's Osaka, they often recommend takoyaki! So at the end, the girls decided to buy some takoyaki so that they can offer foreigners to taste it directly. However, when they asked a couple and then a woman who was with kids, they all said that they already tasted takoyaki, so the girls didn't get to offer it to anyone so far lol. We'll see at the next video!

Btw although they air this once by week so it feels like time has passed since the beginning, but they are still at day 1 of this project and this was all recorded on the same day [hehe] so it's interesting to see how much they improved in their interactions in just a day! Especially for Michapii who was so scared, and now she's already more comfortable, all in a few hours haha.

Here is episode 4, the latest one! First they finished their plan to make someone eat the takoyaki that they bought (this was Michapii's idea btw!). They found a man and talked to him, he said he's been to Japan 4 times and he could speak one or two japanese sentences. Michapii told him "good hat!" haha she's so cute ^^ He was talking about food a lot so they made him taste the takoyaki. then they introduced NMB to him, they actually have a poster with all the profile pictures (it's also something they added later as a new idea). Michapii was cute saying "it's me!" while pointing to her photo <3 Later they meet a group of young people from France who seem to be anime fans! I feel like starting from here until the end of the video, Misaki is the one talking the most, which is nice because even though she's fluent and it's not a challenge for her to speak but it's good to hear her a bit ^^ They discussed anime a little. and then they met a couple from Spain and talked about different things like food etc. Wakapon and Michapii also tried to talk of course! These were some nice interactions.

Ah, something interesting that happened in this episode, since we were talking about Michapii's nickname. At some point, the girls introduced themselves and Misaki introduced herself as "Misaki, or Misa" (I didn't know she used "Misa", so I guess Michapii couldn't have used that lol), and then Michapii introduced herself simply as "Misaki". :^^;:

Next episode is still on day 1, and it looks like there is the group of people that they met in episode 1! They helped them for directions and then danced a bit for them and told them that they can come to the NMB theater, and those people did come! :O So in the next episode, we see them in the audience of the theater together with the girls XD

That will be episode 5 and it airs tomorrow :chuffed:

Btw, there are other contents on "UraNambachan" including one that is called "Oishii Namba" where one member goes somewhere to eat. I would like to see Michapii doing that too! :p

• Like Like x 3
  7. Mana

Michapii posted some pictures on Twitter today after the online talk event! and she looks sooo good OMG :cute: She asked which hairstyle is better, imo both are great but if I had to pick, I guess I would pick straight hair! I'm not sure if she has extensions or something, I didn't realize that her hair is so long now. but yes this hair and outfit are just a perfect look for her :blush:

001.jpg 002.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  8. Mana

Some very cute short moments from the making of "Kore ga Ai na no ka?"'s MV.

- Michapii practicing the dance in the classroom. She looks really pretty <3
    - Michapii sleeping on the chair, aw so cute >.< and Reipon looking at her, cute!

:blush::blush::blush:

• Like Like x 1
  9. Mana

Here is episode 5 of "Welcome NAMBA!" ;D

This is a nice episode! it starts with the girls talking with a man who comes from France, he's an anime fan, and he can speak japanese a bit so they mostly talk in japanese, but the girls sometimes speak english a bit. He was going to an anime event and the girls asked if they can walk with him until there and he said ok, so they talked as they walked! ^^ After that, the girls joined the group of people from Switzerland from episode 1, they were at the NMB theater! it was cute how the girls were running haha. I didn't think those people would actually really come to watch the girls, it's really nice that they did! The girls went with them and they watched the 9th gen KKS performance. After that, they did a short interview backstage and asked them about the performance. They all enjoyed it and had very nice things to say ^^ They were very friendly. The girls gave them their latest CD (it was Nagisa Saikou at the time) and then they said goodbye to them! The members discussed after and they also said that they didn't expect them to really come! This was a nice way to end the first day of this show! Michapii said that she was happy to have improved, and she thanked Misaki and Wakapon for their help. At some point, one of the men from Switzerland asked Michapii about the photos that are on the wall in the theater and she explained, in english, that it's the members. She pointed at her picture and said "it's me!" again (so cute!! haha). She mentioned this moment after and she was proud that she could have this little discussion without problem ^^ to think that those 5 episodes all happened in one same day, she really improved a lot!

So this is it for the "first season" of this serie... However... it's not over yet! [hehe] The second season just started and Michapii is still part of the cast :cute: Misaki is still there as well (I guess she's permanent since she's fluent in english and she needs to be here to help). Wakapon is not there anymore, maybe because she was doing very good already, or because she's busy... (she's also in the golf serie on the channel). I'm not sure if Michapii will always be part of this show but I'm already glad that she's still here! and this time, Kojirin and Yukatan are joining them! Great choices, especially since Yukatan is also one of my favorite NMB members (she's so cute) so this is perfect for me <3 I'll talk about the new episode on my next post ;D

• Like Like x 1
  10. Mana

First episode of season 2 of "Welcome NAMBA!" ^^ it's a new day, this time Michapii has her hair down and a different outfit, she looks pretty and cute ;w; <3 At the beginning, they talk about the previous season and Michapii mentions the fact that "fidgety Sakatan" got popular among fans, and that fans talked about it to her a lot during talk events ^^ then Kojirin and Yukatan joined Michapii and Misaki, and together they all watched a video. I'm not sure what the video is exactly but it's a video of Michapii! The reactions were very cute. Michapii talks about the fact that actually, this project was her idea! XD and this is why she's part of it! So she had this idea, but she's really struggling with it haha. it's a very nice idea though! and it does work well for her because she is getting some attention with it, we get to see another side of her and she's super cute in these videos.

After that, they walked on the streets to talk to people, but they had a bit of a hard time ^^; Yukatan did really well, she kinda saved them! lol (I talked about it on her thread!). I really liked seeing Michapii and Yukatan talking as they walked, they are both favorite members for me <3 I'm looking forward to the next episode! in the preview, we see that Michapii actually wrote some english sentences on a paper in preparation for this, aw. She's taking this seriously hehe.

• Like Like x 1