1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Sakurazaka 2nd [BAN] (2021/04/14)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Mar 1, 2021.

1. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Oricon sales count

Day 1 (4/13): 300,704 (1st)

2. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    If I have checked correctly @MasToppu has reported: 1st single Oricon ranking 1st day- 307,647 copies. So there are -7K day 1 to day 1...

3. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    Slightly drop, but I am fine with it. Of course you always wish them more :^^;:

4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I'm not thrilled at the slight drop, but I am a bit relieved. I feared worse. That's still a lot of people buying the release. And I worked out previously that Nobody's Fault sold reasonably well under the pandemic circumstances, comparing its drop from Kuroi Hitsuji to Nogi's newest single's drop from their last pre-pandemic release. But an increase would have been better. Here's hoping sales catch fire in succeeding days.

Stage48's Oricon thread is a good resource for sales statistics from all 48/46 groups. And here's the actual Oricon singles ranking page for Tuesday showing BAN at number one, with #2 a vast 280,000 units behind.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  5. valerien

valerien Kenkyuusei

Honestly, I don't feel quite as optimistic as you. I mean, you feared worse numbers, but technically it's almost impossible to drop much lower purely because of meet and greet sales propping the numbers. What we needed to see is growth increase to show that they are taking in more general public fans (2nd single total sales - 2nd single meet and greet sales > 1st single total sales - 1st single meet and greet sales), which they have not.

If I'm being cynical about the numbers, they could have released Humpty Dumpty as their 2nd single and a blank white screen as their MV for the entire duration of the song, and the numbers wouldn't have dropped so much lower because of the meet and greet sales numbers. And it's also very difficult to compare to Nogi's latest numbers because we don't know yet by how much the departure of Maiyan has affected their sales numbers. Also, there really isn't any point comparing to the 2nd place numbers on the Oricon rankings because of how the sales number for 48/46 groups are always skewed because of the handshake and meet and greet sales.

I mean, even if I'm not being technical and judging based on sales figures to determine growth, we can just look around this forums today on release day and see that there's practically zero excitement and no one is even saying anything. That's never a good sign.

Anyway, for the next single I hope they experiment more. They really need to rethink this Sakura 8 strategy, and definitely bring back unit songs at the very least.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    while i do agree with those things also remember

- pandemic = less money to spend on idol goods, less promotion overall for all groups not just sakamichi
    - rikopi grad, less sales from her fans
    - that very small percentage of intl fans who were banned from events and decided not to buy singles this time

all that is a valid reason for the very small 7k drop in sales (which hey, could pick up throughout the week, its early days).

honestly i'm worried by the stagnation in general but i'm not worried about these sales, i'll start to worry when the pandemic crisis gets better and the idol industry figures out how to navigate through it. if other groups start to see an increase again but skzk doesn't, then i'll make the doomsday posts lol

7. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Honestly, I doubt the pandemic affected this much. I know it's hard to compare w/ other country but Korean groups are doing much better with their Japanese singles which are also include m&g gimmick. Other idol groups share the same, some have increased in sales while some have dropped. Why dont we look straight at the picture that it is not because of the pandemic but the fact that a lot of fan left while the groups which have been witnessed the drop in sale couldn't attract enough new fans.

Some may disagree. I think we will have the correct answer once Hinata and Nogi's new single release

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  8. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    We already know fans left the group (Hirate fans in particular, especially considering they were always solo stans more than group stans, and then there are Keyaki fans who are unhappy with the rebranding). That's not the issue here, the issue here is that they don't seem to be gaining fans. I've already written about this earlier when we talked about the music video views, but imo they should ditch the Sakura 8 thing and have a traditional single release.

We know Hinata will sell better because they're more popular right now and, unlike Keyaki/Sakura, their most popular members are still in the group. Nogizaka, who's much bigger and who still has a lot of popular and pushed members in the group, didn't sell that much better than Sakurazaka (imo for their popularity and promotion a 200k difference in the first week isn't that big). Pandemic did have an effect though, national handshakes have always had an impact on sales as well. It's silly to compare this to kpop because kpop fansigns are different from handshakes, the appeal in handshakes is to touch the girls, in kpop the appeal is to talk to them. When online handshakes were announced for the first time I've seen many wotas say they wouldn't apply bc they want to actually shake their hands.

I listened to Ban yesterday (I didn't listen to any of the B sides before that) and Nobody's Fault is better as an overall single. Really hope they change things up for the 3rd single.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  9. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Billboard recorded a higher number though. I don't know which is which but since we go with oricon, we gonna say they sold 300 and abt thousand 1st day.

We have already said so much abt them losing fans. It's the main reason here. I am not denying it. But again, the pandemic plays a role too. Whatever it is, they're still selling even of it's lower than expected. Hopefully the weekly sales will be better.

https://twitter.com/sakuzakacentral/status/1382571521164537858?s=19

10. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Billboard number includes 14th. Oricon's only for 13th and at this moment, have yet to release the numbers for 14th

11. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Oricon sales count

Day 1 (4/13): 300,704 (1st)
    Day 2 (4/14): 31,022 (1st) (331,726)

12. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I was hoping for 400k sales first week but now I don't know if that's possible.

13. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

400, 300, 500, whatever thousands they sell, whether they are selling lower than their sisters or not, that, for me, isn't the focus. As a fan, of course i want them to do well, sell well, be at their top form. But they are performing well and doing good. That's all i ask for. Sales will come when it comes and i will be here to rejoice no matter how low or high it is. Let's just focus on them, as a group, rather than grade them with sales

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Don’t compare jpop sales with kpop ones. First of all a lot of kpop sales are due to their chinese fanbases.

https://twitter.com/sakuzakacentral/status/1382571521164537858?s=21 So their actual first day sales if oricon counted the 14th would be 364k?

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Even if we are to compare, the only kpop kinda group mainstream j-idol is against is niziu and the produce 101 jp groups, and even with them, sakuzaka still surpassed them so i don't know why that shld be brought up.
    Oricon's sales from 13th - 14th is 331,726. Don't know why but billboard is always higher i guess

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    oh that’s weird toomuchidea said oricon didn’t count the 14th

also this statement of not much new fans are coming in needs to be used appropriately...I guess. Because there are signs new fans are coming in from the YouTube subs hitting 1.05M, twitter followers increasing esp between 9th-10th (tv performances), twitter accounts tweeting about liking hikaru and ten (probs more new fans gained from those tv perfs who don’t tweet or have twitter) and new twitter wota accounts being opened lately etc. Also just looking at the recent comments in the BAN mv comment section...look before screaming “no new fans”. Also @valerien that was a very stupid analogy.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. miyabi

miyabi Kenkyuusei

Oh you guys just missed my point. I dont talk about how many copies they has sold, my point is how many copies has increased comparing to their previous works. I also dont talk about the rise in album sold in Korea, it's the Japanese singles/albums which are released by Korean groups because the buyers are (mainly) Japanese fans (ofc, i'm not that silly). A lot of Japanese singles of Korea groups has increased from their previous one which included handshake or high5 events so I dont think pandemic is the main reason in this case. It's good when the group can sell couples of thousand copies but it's really not good for longer time if they can not attract more new fans enough to cover the number of fans who left.

18. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I don't think that's true. Jpop groups probably have 90-95% (estimation) of their jp fanbase buying their albums but kpop groups making jp albums will still have their huge percentage of their international fanbase buying the album because of the collectibles (photocards, versions, fanclub events, jp incentives etc), just like they would do with korean albums.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    The point is still moot, fanbases of kpop groups and of jpop groups, and of particularly the Akimoto groups, are completely different. Like I said, fans of Akimoto groups are more reliant on physical handshakes. There's a reason why AKB hasn't released a single in over a year.

20. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    So are we looking at ~30k drop overall?
    307,647 vs 300,704 DAY 1
    vs 31,022 DAY 2
    It seems that the downward trend will become more noticeable from now on.
    Good job S&F!

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1