Single Sakurazaka 4th Single [Samidare yo] (2022/04/06)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Feb 8, 2022.

1. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    I am not a fan of all the songs too, but one thing is for sure: Sakurazaka's MV are always on point and really high quality.
    You can really see management is putting effort and budget for this group and the results are on point and Saku looks really strong and on point and the girls look like professional fashion models. Especially from this single, MVs cinematography is a masterpiece. Really proud of Sakurazaka.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
  2. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
    I'm a very big fan of this single,

If I would have to pick favourites; Boku no Dillema, Samidareyo, Seifuku no Ningyo and I'm In. A very good single, to me it's one of their best singles.

What made me like this single a lot, the choreo's and instrumentals + the mv's. Shakan kyori, even though not my favourite song (for now) the mv is brilliant. I see lots of fans on twitter making theories about the mv, puzzling out what it's about. The mv is a great example of one done right, I definetly will rewatch it many times.

Than the instrumentals, when listening to Boku no Dillema for the first time I knew I would like it a lot hearing already hearing the music. It's very powerful and beautiful, emotional and enchanting.

Choreo; all the songs with mv's so far have shown that there's an amazing and unique choreo, my ultimate new favourite choreo has to be Boku no Dillema

• Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Samidare yo (Different A-side than usual but good)
    Boku no Dilemma (Something about this song and the wasteland)
    Shakankyori (Abandoned hotel gives you a unsettling feeling and it was a bizarre dream like a horror movie)

Songs without MVs
    Koi ga zumetsu suru Hi (It's composed by Hoverboard and Kenta Urushima on lead who made Ambivalent. This time it's a love themed song)
    Seifuku no Ningyou (Retro city pop with rap lyrics and a ennui atmosphere)
    I'm in (Sounds like moumori's cousin in daylight)
    Danzetsu (Here is the next song with Japanese theme. Sakura Eight without Risa and I can't say for sure what type of Japanese theme it is this time without choreo or MV)

Overall, the bizarre worldview is showing and Japanese theme continues.

Nobofa, Ban, Mugon and Danzetsu. Plus overture is now enough for Saku's own event with Japanese theme akin to Keyaki Republic in the cherry blossom season. It's free space in April where Buddies can unite in this month. Then for summer it's W-Fes where the idea is to bring Buddies to Hinata and Ohisamas to Saku to become fans.

Especially now when Saku and Hinata only do two releases per year. I'm also wondering when snf will promote Saku more for general public like a TV drama which pushes their bizarre worldview further. It helped Keyaki a lot to define their rebellion/gloomy worldview around 2nd single with their TV drama which gained new fans. Same thing happened to Gana with Re:Mind. I don't understand why snf has not done anything yet.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Boku no Dilemma is naturally my favourite song. Shakan Kyori is a close second. My only problem is that the mixing in the chorus feels weak/lacking somehow (which I guess has been a general 48G/46G problem for the past few years so I have given up). But I love the composition so much. I'm in > Koi ga Zestsumetsu Suru Hi > Danzetsu for now but I'll need to listen to those some more because I keep forgetting their melodies (they sound kind of similar at parts?). Samidare yo is beautiful but not something I'd listen to while working :^^;:. Seifuku no Ningyo is not my type of song.

That said, Keyaki used to be my favourite 46G but the past few years have been hectic so I've only recently caught up with Sakura's first 3 singles (had only listened to half of the tracks before) and I'm sad so many great b-sides like Hanshinhangi don't have MVs. I'm guessing it's because of the virus?

• Like Like x 4
  5. RedBug

RedBug Member

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Obviously not, because Hinata with the same management still releasing 5 MVs.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    Ah sorry, haven't kept up with them at all. What was the reason? They did not look like they were doing too bad financially.

Also I was surprised to not see Akanen in most of the a-sides.

7. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Well technically we don't know why. But it seems like management is dead set on only releasing the music videos for the three main songs (with the three different centers). Since the CDs have the same price as Nogi and Hinata's CDs which have more music videos, I find this really annoying. There are some great songs that could have had interesting music videos (Hanshinhangi like you mentioned, or Jamaica Beer and Sonia) but alas.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  8. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I think they should at the very least give songs like Sonia a MV. I understand they want to make the three centers get their own MV's but when you have a full unders song I think that should definitely be given a MV. I'd love to see the units get an MV too (and I hope these are actual units and not just one hit wonders lol).

• Agree Agree x 3
  9. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Management began with Type A-D for Sakurazaka from the get go. The problem with this strategy to go for three MVs for three centres gets old quick. Slower views for their three MVs this time around and something about their promotion needs to change big time.

4 singles have now repeated three MVs with content from lives and documentary. General public still don't know who Sakurazaka is. If I was snf I would have a crisis meeting with Y&N Brothers executives unless they have a planned TV drama they haven't announced yet.

Nogi LLC is a different company from snf so we don't compare them. But how snf did with Hinata is going for Type A-C all the way to 1st album with four MVs. Around 5th single they introduced Type A-D with five MVs followed by a second TV drama being aired during that period.

Keyaki got a second TV drama after 4th single's release. It was aired on May 17 to July 20. Only their first TV drama in 2016 had similar strategy as Hinata's to be aired way before the release of the single.

I have no problem with a pattern for a tracklist. We have had a love themed song for almost every single so far in regular edition. Blue Moon Kiss, Utsukushiki Nervous and Koi ga zetsumetsu suru hi. But one thing is certain is love theme is fading away and becomes more vague with a more clear worldview. 4th single still has the retro-style (Shakankyori, Koi ga, Seifuku no Ningyo) but I wonder if this will last going into second chapter after 1st album when their bizarre worldview is getting more determined.

Hinata got Azato kawaii in 1st album as main song to expand their joyful worldview further. Keyaki got GetsuAsa to expand their rebellion/gloomy worldview with not trusting adults including teachers which makes me think of Miyabi Aizawa from Great Teacher Onizuka.

I'm curious what kind of song Aki-P would give to Saku for their bizarre worldview.

• Agree Agree x 4
  10. BadIceCream

BadIceCream Member

Oshimen:
    Sugai-sama
    I rewatched their lives and yeah I got the idea they were trying to push something like "3 centers, 3 MVs" per single. Well that's a shame because so many of the MV-less b-sides are not just musically good, they also have the perfect imagery in their lyrics for MVs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika
    i just watched samidareyo orchestra version and wooow it's so good, ten is really shining in the perfomance notable perfomance also Habu

12. blabla123

blabla123 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Ozeki Rika

if the video does not show watch the video here

Good news for international fans , Samidare yo has eng subs now!

And so do the b-sides
    if the video does not show watch the video here,
    if the video does not show watch the video here

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 4
    • Informative Informative x 1
  13. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    ^Remember to "edit" your previous comment if you want to make a new comment, or else admins will appear with the scary red text telling you to merge your comments if both are made within 24 hours. :flower:

First day sales are in, and Samidare yo was #1 on oricon with 324,658 copies sold! It's Sakurazaka's highest first day sales yet, 20k up from their previous 3 singles :)
    For comparisons sake, Nogizaka's recent single Actually made 345,699 in the first day, and Hinatazaka made 331,511 for Tteka, so it's a job well done for us Buddies!
    Congratulations to our girls! <3

https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/js/d/2022-04-05/

It looks like a buddies put Spiderman dvd's next to the Samidare yo promotional display LOL
    [​IMG]
    https://twitter.com/RinSakurazaka46/status/1511525387675013120

Last edited: Apr 6, 2022
    • Like Like x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    LOL, you tell me...

And sometimes, too quick and without some well-deserved judgement of what's being said or meant to be said...

... but anyway, these people are administering these forums voluntarily with no reward so they are absolutely excused. Although personally I've being on the pointing edge of their "katana" I try to put myself on their shoes and it's no fun. So, respect...

• Like Like x 1
  15. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Great first week sales! Really impressive. The difference between the three groups isn't that big thanks to covid. Although Hinata will surely sell a lot more now that Nao's back, and I'm sure we'll see fewer sales now that Risa and Aoi are gone. Hopefully 3ki audition is announced soon.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Congrats to the girls for the 4th single sales!

Since graduating in pairs seems to be the norm lately, I'm afraid Yuuka and (Yuipon?) may be next. We may hear about a 3ki audition/gen this year, I just hope we have an English-speaking member in it.

17. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Oh god I really hope Pon doesn't go yet.

18. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I feel like Fuu or Habu will go before Pon or Yuuka tbh? I don't see Pon or Yuuka leaving until 3ki arrive

19. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Tbh I hope they hold off until 3ki comes, whoever it is.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

I mentioned Yuuka since it seems she has been bitten with the entertainment "bug" (her Musical). Pon too, but to a lesser degree. Habu with her modeling would be 3rd.