1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Sakurazaka46 1st [Nobody's Fault] (2020/12/09)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Oct 13, 2020.

1. BlackPanda

BlackPanda Kenkyuusei

Okay... 1 word from me for their debut single as Sakurazaka46... INSANE! :1st: :cute::cry2::cry2:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

I am just out of words!!! SAKURAZAKA46!!!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    You know, I absolutely love how different all of these songs are from each other. It won't be, but that should be their thing - each single has multiple different centres. Give everyone a shot at it.

But yeah, this single is the best 46 group single this year. By some distance. The music, the videos, right down to the CD packaging. Everything is just brilliant. Man, they really came out the gate strong.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I forgot to post it here but Sakuzakacentral released the translated 5th round hs results here~
    Half of our girls are now fully sold out!
    https://twitter.com/sakuzakacentral/status/1331474345177313281
    Mod note: Please post your chart within forum size limits. Thank you

edit: wasn't an issue the first few times i posted round 2,3 and 4 weeks ago though........... but whatever o_O

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
  5. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Great MV, great song, annoying "We are buddies, we are friends"

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  6. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    OK, now we have an MV for "buddies". It is also a top-notch quality MV that at least in my case, helped elevate the song which I had considered to be the least amazing among the "new three". My newest feelings are positive towards the song with the exception of the "we are buddies" chorus part which I find somewhat blunt and "common".

However...

We have again a fantastic choreography. Excellent outfits that add to the "angelic" new aura of the girls. Especially Ten-chan's outfit is not only that: it's also kakkoiiiii... The video has a grand cinematic open-wide ambience but also is slightly reminiscent of Futari-saison (like a Futari "take-two" attempt after several years into the future, with a fresh and more modern look).

One more important thing is the "different trajectories" of these three SKZ46 songs so far. Sakurazaka46 exhibits a triadic nature: Somewhat dark and sober maturity aura, mischievous innocence of young girls in love and adventurous, epic camaraderie. All three are evidently rooted in their Keyaki past from which they seem to have taken the best possible heritage: everything good Keyaki had is there, but the mix and presentation is more fresh and modern.

All in all what made me extremely happy is that Sakurazaka46 is not cutting corners: They aim for the very top, everything they do, they follow a perfectionist approach down to every detail production-wise. The girls that are now in the group are very lucky indeed, they are seemingly (and so far) in very good hands and they have everything it takes to reach the top.

P.S. Ten-chan at 3:50 is one of the prettiest things I have ever seen in my entire life!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

At first listen I couldn't recognize the "we are buddies" line. I guess because they are putting the emphasis on the "dies" of "buddies" instead of "bud" as in normal English pronunciation.
    The MV production is top-notch, less camera emphasis on the center in these MVs, giving other members a chance to shine. Ten's expressiveness is improving (I still think she is more suited for darker/serious songs).

• Like Like x 1
  8. patapataful

patapataful Upcoming Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    patapataful
    OMG such a refreshing PV! I am sorry but I love it more than NF:fear:
    The camera work, the drones and the whole concept (sunset, skyline:cute:<3) OMG and TEN is so adorable!:inlove:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

So that song is really good but the chorus sounds exactly like the chorus for AKB48's Sustainable. The lyrics are different but it sounds exactly the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Ppl keep saying that but the only part that sounds the same is the 1st sentence in the chorus. 'We are buddies' & ' Arekkiri'. Apart from that the rest are so different. Each has a different chorus tune except that first beginning

• Agree Agree x 3
  11. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    One word. Magnificent!:inlove:
    Morita-kun with her cute waving (that made this old guy scream a bit), Ten expression, and other members too. It is all fits with the song and MV. :1st:

Last edited: Nov 28, 2020
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. Arbios

Arbios Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    i like the song and the pv, but i don't think the choreo fits the song

13. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Its the most ear-catching part of each chorus.

14. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    omg..can akip or the producers of 46g stop using english sentences and also long japanese sentences that made the girls singing fast pace? just because one need to tell the story in a lyric, doesnt mean it needs so many long sentences..they are getting ridiculous with this past few years. the MV for buddies is quite mesmerizing but i couldnt stand that buddies or whatever long sentences they are trying to say.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  15. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

This is much better than the 'oh oh oh' & the 100 'wo wo wo' sakamichi fans have heard in their favourite group's songs lol. At least it's a word being stressed here hence why its sang like that.

That being said, all the songs are on point here. Buddies gonna be that song we will come to love cos i feel its gonna be an integral part of our wota life lol. Wotas are already calling themselves 'buddies' lol. The debut countdown is gonna be so good! Its moments like this that I wish I can be in Japan. Now i'm very much curious abt the overture!

Next we have 'plastic regret'. Interestimg title lol. Yuuka mentioned it is her top recommendation of all the songs so i'm really looking forward to it.

16. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I really liked the camera work on this one. The drone drop from the top of the Tokyo Mode Gakuen down to the next building where the girls were was pretty cool. I always like trying to see where they were filming these MVs, and thanks to some storefronts having somewhat unique names, finding them on Google Maps is pretty easy.

2:22, did Berisa throw the Keya hand sign intentionally or is it just coincidence with her hand movement?

17. Rev4

Rev4 Member

I'm stunned! I didn't expect a MV like this in the first place and this group keeps surprising. The song was already good but the cool side shows in this MV why Sakuzaka is still the cool group of Sakamichi despite new name. The dance ability from this group has so many various potential. All concerns fans had with a rebrand were blown away with the wind after they watched Buddies MV. Their white color makes them dye in any color unlike dark green (Kanji - moon) and light green (Hiragana - sun).

Overture theme had "wo wo wo", Fukyouwaon had "oh oh oh" and Ambivalent had "hey hey hey" in Keyaki to hype the audience. Buddies is no exception and this time the producers come up with "YO!".

Plastic regret from Karin's team and "Last riding on a subway" from Runchan's team are left.

Blue Moon Kiss is the second song from Ten-chan's team and "half confidence and half doubt" is the third song from Runchan's team.

Runchan
    Nobofa
    "Last riding on a subway" (translated in english)
    Half confidence and half doubt (translated in english)

Karin
    Nazekoi
    Plastic regret

Ten-chan
    Buddies
    Blue Moon Kiss

Who is the representation of the group's shadow style on the 1st single?

Take your pick.

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Quark

Quark Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    I didn't listen to the song before the mv was released. This was amazing. Is fresh, sweet, cute but with a lot of visual impacts. This was the kind of sound that I expected when they became sakurazaka (even though I also liked the main song a lot). I thought that giving Ten a b-side was building her up for the future, but the girl is more than ready to take the position.
    Vocals were better than I expected and most of the solos were stronger than most of idols songs. I had a bit of kitai shiteinai jibun feelings because of the girls dancing in the streets, running, and then in the top of a building, but the feeling was completely different.
    It was a very enjoyable video.

19. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

It's interesting that you'd comment this on the Sakurazaka thread when Nogi's past two singles are worse examples of this... Route 246 has a lot more english lines and BokuSuki's verses are way more rushed.
    I mean I agree with this statement in general but Buddies lines are pretty easy to sing and aside from the chorus there isn't any english? There's no more english than Heavy Rotation or anything lol

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Well, it's exactly like I thought. Buddies by itself was good. Buddies MV - now we talkin!
    I didn't expect such an eye candy of a video, to be honest. First of all, the way I see it, an urban setting with its back alleys, concrete and skyscrapers was Keyaki's bread and butter and evidently this continues to be true for Sakurazaka. Fits them sooo well. They really went back to their roots with this one, albeit with a couple of fresh twists.

While it was good to see Saimajo or Futari Sezon here and there, I feel like this MV was more heavily influenced by Hiragana Keyaki's Kitai shite inai jibun and Hinata's Sonna koto nai yo. Not gonna lie, I really enjoyed the new sense of dynamism and openness we have rarely seen in Kanji Keyaki's videos. It goes without saying that choreo, costumes and production are outstanding, but the song itself really came alive when the MV was added to the equation. And yes, I'm not bothered by budiiiies and fuleeends in the slightest :D

As you can see, I feel really strongly about Buddies. Just like this it became my top pick in this single. Really glad they didn't drop the ball when it came to Ten-chan's first center. This girl is going to be big.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1