1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Sakurazaka46 1st [Nobody's Fault] (2020/12/09)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Let's not confuse ourselves with this new formation.

First of all, it isn't a 'senbatsu', as said by them, meaning not a fixed senbatsu.

2nd it isn't said that Morita is centering all songs. The song she is centering is the main single. The other 7 songs can have 1st 8 in senbatsu but different centers given that it is not the main 'senbatsu'

3rd every one will get to be in this formation. No unders, which is very critical here, bcos unders are never in the spotlight. But with the Saku8, they can get to shine too. We won't get to see them crying and regretting their hardwork just bcos they didn't make it into senbatsu

4th this Saku8 will change every single. It can have some members maintain their position, or some replaced which means there is still a chance for someone new to be center

Lastly this is a new thing they came up with I guess, & I can't help but thinks its all bcos they robbed them from their positions when they were in Keyaki.

Imo this look confusing but also very unique and maybe its what will make the girls compete well for their spot in Saku8. I like it somehow and can't wait to see how they will shine in their own way as they climb the slope

• Like Like x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Rev4

Rev4 Member

From what I understand is Sakura Eight is a brand new system that will replace senbatsu and unders.

For every single Sakura Eight will change. But regarded this single it could be any from Sakura Eight who will center other songs.

I assume solo songs may come in the future singles.

3. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Exactly. But again, we don't know since this is snf lol. I understand this is happening bcos of the troubles and pain which they went thru. It's a good thing for them, to have everyone be in a 'senbatsu'. There may be coupling songs but with 14 members. Somehow I like this one as compared to the fixed center

Also all this is for this very single, except maybe the Sakura8. So in future we might see 3 or 4 songs with this very new formation and the others will be solo or unit.

4. Kumosayi

Kumosayi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kawata Hina
    I'll wait and see before I have an opinion on the Saku8 thing, I hope they change the centers for the B-sides though, or it'll be a lot on Morita at once.
    Hope in future singles we'll get subgroups and solos!

5. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    I dont know what to feel about this system. I'm really confused that all 7 songs in this will have 14 songs in it with front and 2nd row fixed??? Could be better than senbatsu but in this case they could have added 2 more people on first row & fix it, and rotates 2nd & 3rd row instead
    Since this is first single, they may also consider this as a trial so I'll wait & see how it goes but right now, it just look messy to me.

6. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

It's all to show that those 8 are the main members in the single hence why they are fixed. So for this single we have the first 8 who are going to be in every song. Next time, there might be a change cos then the others will also want to be there & will work hard to achieve that spot.

• Like Like x 1
  7. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    The more I think about it, the more I think it's actually a better situation to what we had previously.

Before we had;
    - a A-side with a immovable fixed center, with the focus entirely on her.
    - a B-side with the same fixed center as the A-side, with the focus almost entirely on the center.
    - a 'normal' edition track with the same fixed center for that single.
    - a unit song or two from a couple of girls who definitely deserved a center position but never received one, with a high change of the center being included.
    - a solo song from a girl who deserves center but never received one, or the center herself.
    - a unit song that acted more like a consolation prize for other randomly picked members who weren't as popular at the time.

Now we can expect;
    - a 'Sakura Eight' aka Fukujin for each single, with these 8 members being included for all songs.
    - a back row of 6 members in addition to the fukujin8, who will be rotated with each song in the single.

And with that we can anticipate;
    - the potential for the Fukujin8 members to rotate the center with each song. Obviously the center for the A-side will most likely get to center another song or two as she's the promotional face of that single, however this potential provides fully capable and deserving girls the opportunity (dare i say almost a guarantee) to center B-side tracks of the same level as an A-side.
    - The remaining 18 girls not part of fukujin8 will still have the opportunity to be in at 3-4 out of 7 songs, with one of them being senbatsu, which would be more than would some may have gotten before. Some more popular girls (like Habu lol) we will probably see in all 7 songs anyway, or Pe and Aoi, I can see them in a lot of songs too.. It could also be songs that fit the members characters more too which is interesting.
    - All the girls not in fukujin8 will have the opportunity to be in there from the next single, so it gives those girls something to work towards. Likewise, the current fukujin8 will know that while their position is fixed for this single, it might not be for the next, so they need to work just as hard to remain in that position so they don't get dropped.

At least for me, the pro's entirely beats out the cons in terms of how members are represented in the group, which was one of my main gripes with the group. The only con's I'm looking at right now is that it looks like we won't be getting unit or solo songs any time soon which sucks. I hope that they revise this plan and have something like 7 tracks, 4 of which are 14-member rotational formations, with the last 3 being 2 units and one solo. But overall i'm feeling more hopeful than pessimistic about this change. I have no doubt in my mind snf will fuck this up somehow but i'm still looking forward to seeing how this will play out.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 5
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  8. paradisekiss

paradisekiss Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    I think this is a trial and error thing they’re testing out. I have no doubt come the 2nd single we will have unit/solo songs and heck a low-key unders song. It is a confusing system though but we’ll see. I don’t know why they’re being so vague about calling the debut song a debut song ...

I am honestly scared for Hikaru as she’s my oshimen. really don’t want to see her centring all 7 songs for this single

9. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I wonder how they got to the 14 though. It's such an odd number for the 48/46 groups.

10. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    I hope it's gonna be like that, not that their position is fixed in all 7 songs. It's not that bad if they keep the sakura8 formation (same center + same position) + rotating 6 backrowers 3 times for a total of 3 main songs (lets be real they're not gonna perform 7 songs on TV) so that everyone gets included. But move things around with the remaining 4 songs so that saku8 can relax for a bit & backrowers can shine too.
    Otherwise it would be a system more cruel than a senbatsu because at least under gets the opportunity to be on front/center songs even though they dont perform them on TV. And we all know half of the sakura8 wont get demoted anytime soon

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Half + 1?
    mngmnt ways of thinking are mysterious and... mysterious lol

12. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    Sorry for the confusion caused by Sakuzaka Central's miss :^^;: Somehow I didn't notice it too when translating - QCing

• Like Like x 1
  13. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    In my mind there has never been a difference between fukujin/gokujin (and any other variations) with the 1st and 2nd row. Mmg basically invented a name to group the rows together. We had rotating 1st row before but not many people seem to care about that lol. Attention/spotlight depends a lot on choreography and media attraction. But I guess by giving them a name, mmg is now pushing some other girls to the spotlight. I wonder if Saku8 will mostly be based on popularity aka hs since if it is, some members will be perma Saku8 and some would never on Saku8 or even row 3

Best scenario is fixed members for Saku8 but rotating position for bsides. Before we always have all-member senbatsu but it's clear they can't have all 27 girls on stage at the same time anymore so rotating 3rd row is a good way to include all members, hence eliminating senbatsu and unders altogether. This is a new system that gives more opportunities if done correctly. Worst scenario is the center for title song will center all other songs in the single (I won't rule this scenario out just yet since there's no information), same positions for all bsides and Saku8 members being mostly fixed for upcoming singles as well (I mean to be real here Saku8 now is the combination of most famous 1ki and 2ki).

If the worst scenario becomes reality, it'll be the most brutal system Sakamichi series has ever seen.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

I just don't like the fact that its all 6 songs.

There's 12 girls leftover after senbatsu. They should have have this senbatsu for the A-side, then 6 other girls in the back for the B-side, then 6 other girls for the regular version coupling song. Then the limited edition coupling songs could have been units, solos, generational songs, etc. Like you know, exactly what has worked for Sakamichi for the past 8 years.

Seems dumb to have 14 members in every single song and the first two rows are always the same girls, possibly even same formation.
    Seems like someone in management had a "creative idea" and no one else decided to speak up and say "hey that's dumb". The way Keyaki/Sakura is handled compared to Hinata makes think that there's some higher up manager at S&F who oversees Keyaki/Sakura specifically and who is a complete moron. But its corporate Japan so he'll never be fired and and everyone under him will just say "Hai! Gambarimashou!" because thats what kouhais are supposed to do.

I hope they don't do this for every single.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
  15. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Well, as it goes, we aren't the ones making decisions here. This is what arrived. Let's see how we'll it goes. Or not, but I see it working out fine1

16. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    This bummed me out so much. It's dampening my excitement for the group. Why can't S&F just treat the group as a normal idol group? Why is everything so convoluted? I don't see how this can attract new fans, instead I can see fans leaving, especially fans of the girls outside this Sakura 8 thing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

It's the same as trying to get your oshimen into senbatsu except this time Saku8. I don't see why jwotas will leave just bcos their fave isn't in it when their work literally is to get their fave into the senbatsu. International wotas maybe will leave as we know such things aren't our cup of tea, but every idol lover knows that if their fave is not in senbatsu, they need to get them there by supporting hard. It's the same here

Also as much as its confusing, even more fans from other groups are quite taken by this so it may be positive or negative. Maybe you haven't noticed, but jwotas are looking forward to such formatiom, even tho they are confused. Confusing, of course but it's an exciting new thing that got every on wondering so it is helpful in a way. We can't have the same old thing all the time when things keep changing. Let's wait & see.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2020
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Hmmm, Akanen is not one of the Saku-8 (Sakurazaka46 version of "kami-7")?

19. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

Next single hopefully

20. ajma93632

ajma93632 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Well, I like the Sakura8 system, since 2017 I've been saying that Keyaki needed a Fukujin system so not all the pressure and spotlight goes to the center. Well better late than never, I'm glad Sakura did it since the 1st single.
    I agree with @Iamyoung that the Sakura8 members will rotate the center for each B-side. I'll be very disappointed if Morita centers all the songs, but hopefully it won't be like that.

And I don't think the fans of the non-senbatsu members will leave just because they're not in senbatsu. I think the ones that might leave are those who have the "all are one" mentality because this system goes against that.

I'm very excited for this release.

• Like Like x 2