1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single Sakurazaka46 1st [Nobody's Fault] (2020/12/09)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by minaeshi, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Let's see how things go with the second single, hopefully there's more shuffling.

2. techizaka

techizaka Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Oozono Rei
    the point is probably to build the group's faces with those 8 peoples since with keyaki it was mostly Hirate & Neru. But even so, its still shitty of them to fix their position for all 7 songs in this single especially since they wont promote all songs on TV. I hope this stuff doesnt carry on with 2nd single onward.
    One of my biggest fear is that they will continue with small senbatsu with only 8 girls on 1st & 2nd row and when there's only 2 (or 3 girls at most) that can be shuffled out from the current one

3. SteCola

SteCola Future Girls

Oshimen:
    tamurahono
    New records? They're not a new group they just changed name. That's cheating and you know it.

I know that there's fukujin too lol
    It's the "Sakura 8 (or any other number) that sounds too stupid like it's coming from a super sentai series.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    The way I interpreted it, is that the first two rows will be positioned for every song on this single, but that doesn't necessarily mean those positions are fixed. Just not a change of members, unlike the third row. Or am I missing something?

Last edited: Oct 20, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 5
  5. NyanNyan's Pet

NyanNyan's Pet Next Girls

For Sakura 8, two things to consider:
    "The formation for the performance will change up depending on the song"
    "They will be positioned in the 1st and 2nd row of all the song"

Can be interpreted in different ways.
    - It can change to 4 front row and 4 second row
    - Those 8 can be moved to either front or second row
    - Which means the center can also change depending on the song, even a W-center is possible
    - Perhaps the center position will be shared by the front 3
    - Or one center and the other 7 positions will be shuffled.

I doubt those Sakura 8 position is fixed. All remaining members outside those 8 will take turns depending on the song. So there are no smaller units for this single. I kinda like it in a way that all members will be part of the group of 14. Of course, the 8 will have a slight advantage as they are part of all 7 songs. This is something to look forward to. Very interesting.

6. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    I went back and rewatched what Sawabe said. It's here starting from 9:10. I'll transcribe what he said since I can't take screencaps:
    "The 1st and 2nd rows that makes 8 people. Those 8 people in the 1st two rows will be nicknamed The Sakura EIGHT. They will be positioned in the 1st and 2nd rows of all the songs."
    Looking at it it does seem a bit vague. It doesn't necessarily say that the members will remain in their exact positions. I can only hope that you're right and that at least these 8 people will switch positions. Although imo that still isn't great, it's much better than what I interpreted this to be. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Indeed, we'll know more once the next song and formation are announced. I hope you don't feel bummed out too much just yet, while there's still a sliver of hope.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. iainus

iainus Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Sakaki Miyu
    So, am I getting this right - the same full senbatsu is on ALL the coupling tracks? No smaller unit songs? Because that just seems. . . weird. And also really bloody unfair to the members who didn't make the senbatsu and thus won't be on the single at all.

I guess we'll see.

9. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I think we should wait until the coupling song or its MV is released to know whether the Saku8 is fixed or semi-fixed (rotated in the fixed 8). And, we shouldn't take what MC said in the show just like that. Remember when Tsuchi said that Hiragana will be something like Under?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

That is not it. Imma gonna try to make it simplier to understand.

It's a 14-member formation. There are 7 songs. This formation will be used for all 7 songs on the single.

The title song's 'senbatsu' is what we found out yesterday. Out of this very senbatsu, there is now what is called 'Sakura8' which consist of the 8 members in 1st and 2nd rows. These 8 members are going to be in all the 7 songs. No rotation for them.

Those in the last row for the title songs will be rotated for the coupling songs, therefore giving chance for the members who didn't make it into the title song 'senbatsu' to take part in the remaining songs. But this is only the third row.

Therefore every one will be having a song even though there are nk units or solo.

Hope I was able to help you somehow lol

11. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    From what I understand, the Sakura 8 will be in ALL the songs, but its not true that RunRun will center them all. They will be shuffled, but only in the second and first rows (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong)

Now the back six, that will be the ones with members rotating in and out, and there are 7 songs overall, so we will see those who did not make the single senbatsu in the other songs. I imagine they will use all members, and its highly unthinkable that one member will not participate in any song at all in this release.

And can I just say that Sakura 8 is very strong - Personal preferences aside, I can't think of anyone to swap out for another member.

With personal preference however, I would swap Habu for Koike (how ironic that I'm swapping those two LOL) but I have no major gripes with Koike being in Saku8, and being second row center.

12. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    You know how I feel about these two, but even though it hurts me to say it, Koike fits this position just a little bit better. Habu, too, has grown a lot (pun intended) and her Katarunara was great, but putting her directly behind Runrun might prove a bit too eccentric for the general folk. Anyway, hearing her interview in Sokomaga (Sokosaku?) gave me an impression that we haven't seen her true potential yet.

13. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    Well Habu does not have to center the second row and tower behind RunRun although that would be quite funny :^^;:

This is what I mean though, I can't justify swapping out Minami for Habu, I only have my personal preference as an argument which is not enough, and the other seven are just so damned solid that I have to applaud the selections.

Now, will the new system work? We have yet to see, but I see a lot of people already complaining about it (not here, elsewhere) and prejudging it without having seen it.

14. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    Personally, while i think tenchan, hikaru and hono have grown immensely over the past year, i don't think karin has done the same in compared to other 2nd gens like inoue, seki or matsurina has.. even rei, akiho, and kira have done a lot more to impress me this year compared to karin. apart from popularity alone, i could justify swapping her for any of those 6 2ki, or habu and akanen instead. That being said, how is her popularity right now in jp? it's kinda hard to gauge it since we haven't had any events or HS to get an estimate, especially for us international fans lol

Everyone else in sakura 8 is kinda untouchable imo. I find it a little odd that Habu and Akanen who feature in a lot of CM's like AEON CARD as part of the 'top members', have been left out of Sakura 8 lol. As long as they continue to be included in senbatsu and remain in the public eye, i don't have huge issue's with their position. I consider them pillars of the group.

• Agree Agree x 8
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  15. Iamyoung

Iamyoung Future Girls

@minaeshi, is it that you are unimpressed by her variety skills? Becos if that is the issue then you are likely judging her wrong lol.

Karin is a quiet girl but she once in a while she shows her talent somehow lol. This is the same as Ten, but imo they both made it because of the strong presence they have in their performances. Unlike Ten, Karin hasn't centered a song but judging from performances she's really strong compared to the others.

Senbatsu isn't always abt popularity. If so, then Rika or Ume, even Kira would be in it. With this senbatsu, although it's true that the members in it are mostly popular, you can see that they are really strong performers. Like you put it, untouchable, not only in popularity but also in their field of work too

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. Raidanzoup

Raidanzoup Kenkyuusei

Karin definitely deserves her spot in S8 because every time the camera is on her during KataMira or TeTsuna is literal gold. You wouldn't believe her to be the same girl you see on Keyakake (Sokosaku). Her level of active immersion while performing compared to whenever she's sitting still in the studio is like night and day. I personally put Tenten in that category as well.

Anyway, all the hyperfocusing on the "exact" positions of Sakura 8 probably might not be too relevant in the long run unless they fire Takahiro and his crew, or instruct him to shift his focus from macro images to locking in positions. This is the choreographer who frequently breaks up the rows to have them skip around in circles (Futari Saison), walk as if passersby on the streets (Futari Saison), sends the front row to the back to have them reemerge from behind a combined second and third row (Saimajo, DareAi, Nobody's Fault), etc. He also likes to employ canons so there will be future opportunities for cameras to catch the third row during moments like in KazeFuka where the rows bow down one by one.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

Does this mean that Akanen's performance is not up to par to be included in Saku8 (even though she is considered one of the pillars)?

• Like Like x 1
  18. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Soft dropping Nen and Habu was a necessary evil to keep Saku8 from becoming too 1ki oriented. That's what I'm guessing.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  19. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I mean, I judge her based on variety, performance, and overall idol aura. Don't get me wrong, I love her just as much as the other girls mentioned, and I know what qualities she has, it's actually similar to my previous oshi Mon so I get it, no need to explain her appeal to me lol. I just think, and I repeat, she hasn't really improved as much this past year compared to the others who I listed. The karin I see today is the same karin I saw this time last year around Tokyo dome, if that makes sense. At least to me it does. Meanwhile the other 2ki members I listed have improved so much in all fields in comparison. Maybe it's because she was my 2ki oshi when they all first joined so I'd been watching her the most, but as the year went on the other girls impressed me much more. Which is why if I had the choice, I would have those other girls in her place instead. At the very least I would have swapped her out for Matsurina, but hey ho.

All that being said, I can acknowledge her popularity and deserving her place in that position, while still thinking I would prefer someone else in that very same position :^^;:

• Agree Agree x 3
  20. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    I thought the same way about Karin at first - a shy girl, a bit of a ponkotsu, might need some seasoning before being ready for the big time.

But then she started dancing and HOLY COW the girl is super good. To me she deserves that Sakura 8 spot. Watch her and RunRun's spot on 10gatsu. The girl can move! The 2 days of the Last Live really opened my eyes to Karin.

I'm really glad we still have Takahiro. That guy knows his stuff, and is sort of a Keyaki / Sakurazaka (not so) secret weapon.

• Like Like x 2