Single Sakurazaka46 9th Single [Jigojitoku] (2024.06.26)

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 News & Releases' started by watash.Iwa, May 13, 2024.

1. Philosophy Senpai

Philosophy Senpai Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Saito Fuyuka
    2026 is OK for me... It's two years from now however, so it's legit to forget it and don't discuss about it for at least the next whole year... Thankfully, the group keeps us busy with plenty of things to discuss.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Vanbun01

Vanbun01 Kenkyuusei

Agree most of this, but I think we might have news of audition in the mid-end of 2025 instead of 2026. But I hope not and will be very glad to proven wrong. I want honosu to stay the longest she can. But the management has been put her beside rena a lot lately like asuka put beside nanase around 2018.

People said that when 6ki nogi announced, isn't it? With how successful 5ki is, fans think they will not audition for awhile, But reasonable after knowing mizuki graduation's announcement.

Just like someone said that 3ki shizu will center this time because nogi & hinata already done it, I think saku will eventually follow along

even in kpop, there is this famous "7 years curse" because most of the group will be disbanded before or when reach 7yrs. (Most due to contact expiration ) I think it's the right amount of time for a person to experience "their one stage of life kinda thing"

okay, moving on. Can't wait to see live performance of this song, because with the MV, I feel the dance choreography is MUCH MUCH BETTER than ikutsu (I saw some awkward move in ikutsu, not a fan of the dance)

Last edited: Jun 11, 2024
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Bibi

Bibi Kenkyuusei

I wonder when they will realese mv for backs and (If there's any) 3rd gen song.

I think they will perform for the first time on todome. Anyway about todome, will there's new forum or we just talk that on the available forum?

4. Rev4

Rev4 Member

Could 9th single be the first successful directed MV by Ikeda since Eccentric? The MV views are moving fast.

If you look at MV directors of Sakurazaka we know which company has been the most successful for the group. PICS are still dominant of this group even as Sakurazaka. But Kato (Hidejin) switched place with Ikeda. He has dominated with Nazekoi (13M views), BAN (12M views), Natsu no Chikamichi (5.8M views - strong for a 3rd gen debut song) and Start over! (10M views).

Ikeda directed 3rd gen's Seijaku no bouryoku and LOVE SONG MV. It was a while since Kato directed a 3rd gen MV.

5. JaeRoler

JaeRoler Kenkyuusei

I think a BACKS song and MV is still highly likely. Hina also experimented with a BACKS MV so I guess the trend will continue with this single.

I hope there's gonna be a 9th single BACKS Live for the Aug slot. Esp with Miichan back.

A 3ki song and MV seems likely as well. I don't know how long they will continue with this formula though, since 3ki is the only one growing their own song repertoire. While it was good to bring 3ki up to speed with the rest, it does feel weird that some 3ki get 2 MV appearances while some of the 1ki/2ki only get 1.

6. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Jigoujitoku MV has the most views after 7 days of any Sakurazaka MV, with 2.3 million views. Start Over! had 2.22 million and Naze Koi had 2.13 million. Here is a complete chart, day by day (in Japanese with English notes).
    [​IMG]

• Each column is one MV, with day by day views indicated in blocks of different colours, from bottom to top in each column.
    • MVs (left to right): Nobody's Fault - Naze Koi - BAN - Nagaredama - Samidare yo - Masatsu Keisuu - Sakurazuki - Start Over! - Shounin Yokkyuu - Ikutsu no Koro ni Modoritai no ka? - Jigoujitoku

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. Vanbun01

Vanbun01 Kenkyuusei

There is a lot of news update, including the setlist and meguri result

The effect is there! After 2023 breakthroughs and 8th promotion, sakurazaka able to get more views, more sell (meguri+todome) faster, and hopefully more outside job and cd sales as well.

with meguri result, it will depends on "management mercy" to include another 1ki into senbatsu, it seems old fans are moved on to newer gen after 1ki big names gone. I think it will be all sold out except 5 members. (I really don't know why their sales isn't good, they're nice people! And marino + hikari dance move is powerful)
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 13, 2024
    • Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 2
  8. Bibi

Bibi Kenkyuusei

4th round result really make me happy, it's huge improvement for the group. Marino usually stuck on 2-4 even after 6th round, now sold 5 slot only on 4th round. I though Inomari gimmick was nonsense[hehe] but looking at this, it's may have an impact. Miichan and Konagi may sold all their slot on 5th round. Can I take this as a sign that 9th single sales may boost than prev single?

I hope we can keep this momentum for a long time:cute:

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. watash.Iwa

watash.Iwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    小林由依
    I'm happy to see no girl with 0 slots sold. I have the impression M&G sales are growing, but again, I will keep my expectations low.

Remember that Shonin Yokkyu had slow meguri sales but it had better 1st day sales than Start Over! which had faster meguri sales.

About the tracklist, i will wait for the previews and more details. I'm hoping for a unit song.

• Like Like x 2
  10. JaeRoler

JaeRoler Kenkyuusei

Congrats to Ishimori Rika!!

She was just announced as the center for the BACKS song! Well-deserved!

And 9th Single BACKS is announced for August! 3 days.

• Like Like x 4
  11. Bibi

Bibi Kenkyuusei

Congratsss Rikatan!! It's really New Era huh? I hope 9th Single Backs Live will available for streaming, it def Fun!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Vanbun01

Vanbun01 Kenkyuusei

It's actually obvious the back center is rika, the photographer of that album photo did their job well lol

13. JaeRoler

JaeRoler Kenkyuusei

Her song is Aishiai Nasai.

So the question now is the B-side is whose song?

14. watash.Iwa

watash.Iwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    小林由依
  15. Vanbun01

Vanbun01 Kenkyuusei

Any 2ki especially the 4 core is welcome tenrunrinhonosu. But it's me as 2 ki bias

... it's most likely be 3ki song

Last edited: Jun 15, 2024
  16. watash.Iwa

watash.Iwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    小林由依
    "Aishiai Nasai" MV will be premiering on Sakurazaka46 Official Channel on June, 19th 22:00 JST

if the video does not show watch the video here

17. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
  18. Vanbun01

Vanbun01 Kenkyuusei

I dislike that newjeans put above saku in that promotion cdtv, not only saku is more senior idols, but it's Japan and not south korea. I like newjeans, I just don't like the order.

I am curious if they use special paint that can easily washed away on the mv, but after todome, we know the stain is still there... so the plain white dress is gone..... they're now performed with stained dress... it's pretty interesting

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. Rev4

Rev4 Member

I think it's due to popularity among gen Z in Japan. NewJeans might be a Korean idol group but their popularity can't be overlooked.

PR TIMES had a top 10 ranking of Japan's most popular idols among gen Z for the first half of the year.

NewJeans is above any idol in that episode of CDTV so TBS follows the general public what they think are popular at the moment.

If Snow Man was included in the episode they would put them above NewJeans I think.

Source: https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/4293676

Sakurazaka46 needs to keep working hard until gen Z find them more interesting than the current top 10. It's good that they have a loyal fanbase but it's more difficult today to gain as many new fans as J-idols used to achieve in the past. K-pop wasn't as popular in Japan as it is today. The big three of 3rd gen (BTS, TWICE, Blackpink) paved the way for new gen groups.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  20. watash.Iwa

watash.Iwa Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    小林由依