1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sasaki Kotoko (Kotoko) / 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by caramujo, May 14, 2013.

1. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
  2. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
  3. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
  4. phikr1

phikr1 Kenkyuusei

thank you for the translation :)

kotoko is mother russia missionary lol

wonder if ranze's cyrillic blog title was also kotoko work [hehe]

and the staff were really spoiling kotoko in that nogiten ep

5. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I haven't watch that episode. But from Kotoko's blog, it sounds like they did. As did the members. hahaha

6. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
  7. Zarquon

Zarquon Kenkyuusei

Here's a translation of this link http://nogizaka46democracy.blog.jp/archives/72798427.html about Kotoko's MC at an under live concert.

While in tears Kotoko said "Amoungst these members the only one who has never experienced anything but the 3rd row is me. Even though other members have experienced being in senbatsu or the 1st and 2nd rows, it's only me that has been permently stuck in the 3rd row. Even today we continue through about 6 under songs and when I think 'Ah, in this song too I'm in the 3rd row', it's quite painful. Maybe it's because my abilities are lacking or I'm not trying hard enough and it can't be helped but... [after being choked up] I will do my best."

• Like Like x 2
  8. Jedrien

Jedrien Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    KTK.....:cry:

9. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    woah...if she is sincere when she talked about it, it means that all this time she is really trying her hardest to stand out..i really thought she isnt into her idol life.
    but then, ito junna also has the same position right..i meant, she never be in 1st row of unders..2nd row? i never saw that either.

10. Zarquon

Zarquon Kenkyuusei

Maybe it doesn't come across in my English translation, but the way Kototo said it in Japanese she definitely meant that she is the only one in that position.

Anyway, I agree Junna is in a very simular position. Maybe Yamazaki Rena as well. Unfortunately, other than center I never really know what positions members are in for non-senbatsu songs.

From the same website a fan recounted a story that Maaya told afterwards at the same concert, perhaps she was trying to defend Kotoko from people who thought what Kotoko said was being selfish. Maaya said "Kotoko and I were walking along together and we came across a stray cat. I think Kotoko muttered 'Maaya wait here a minute', then went and bought some cat food, came back with it in a plastic bag and fed it to the cat. That's how kind Kotoko is."

11. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

Did a quick check. Yamazaki Rena got a frontier in Fuusen wa Ikiteiru. Yes, I share the notion that viewers(including us) rarely pay attention to B-sides position, something that actually important for the Under members.

I mean, did anyone notice that Junna got row 2.5 in My Rule on the first sight? A bit ahead from the 3rd? I doubt it.

12. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    yup, only her and junna didnt get any front position in under songs. renachi and ayane did get front position for fuusen and miria centre the song.

13. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Ehh?! I always try to make note of all member positions. It's my lot in life as an MD. I just take it for granted that some members will always end up at particular positions. Back row Unders almost exclusive to Junna, KTK, Kawago, and Maaya nowadays.

If you notice how Unders front row changes then it may give you a semblance on who to root for senbatsu, and that's why there was a surge for Rena, Miria, and Ayane for 18th single senbatsu. It was refreshing to see those faces at the front of the Unders that we wanted to see them in senbatsu. Didn't happen, but soon for them as they have been holding down front positions for the past few singles.

Anyway, KTK seems to be stuck in back row Unders because she doesn't seem to exude much enthusiasm as an idol. She did make a point of trying during the Spring Under tour, so there's that. Hopefully, there's some movement to be made within the Unders album perhaps a unit or such. Would be nice? (Also, wish they would continue trying to place every member at least once in senbatsu)

14. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    At this point I wonder if her expressing her disappointment can be part of a strategy to stand out more. She seems to be voicing out her thoughts more, even in blog posts. It seems like she realized she has to do something for herself instead of waiting for a position, even if it's just complaining about not getting the position. I wonder if it was because of 3rd gen.
    I still have the dream to see a KTK x Ayane WCenter.

15. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
  16. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
  17. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    Kotoko in my opinion, is one of the top visuals in Nogizaka that can even rival fukujins.
    Management probably misinterpreted her meekness as a sign of being unenthusiastic.
    She's like an unpolished diamond:(
    (Sometimes I think what could've been had she joined K46 instead)

18. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Although she is considered as low tier members, at least management is still giving her many opportunities as a Nogizaka46 member. The big ones is, she has her regular own show!
    (Probably there wouldn't be an opportunity like this if she joined K46)

19. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    Eh? What show?

20. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter: