1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sasaki Kotoko (Kotoko) / 2nd Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by caramujo, May 14, 2013.

1. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    not yet, she's not popular enough for that

2. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    Mounting frustration and bad luck.
    Keyakizaka is a more fitting group for her to be honest, with the 'idols who doesn't smile' marketing banner they have.
    That was a good read btw.

3. innoaloe

innoaloe Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Hako-oshi
    Twitter:
    HangingBridge46
    Gosh that was one hell of research and writing :worthy:

Never realized that she disappeared from Atarashii Sekai MV...

4. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Thanks @Sno for your post. It was interesting and I thought you have several good points but there's some stuff we can only speculate about.
    I'm definitely happy that this thread is so active, it's sign that Kotoko's not going as under the radar as she was until not that long ago.
    Now that Ayane seems to be getting her management-led breakthrough, let's hope KTK's moment is soon to come. I really don't want her to graduate without, at least, centering a song.

I disagree. I think the gap between her outer beauty and her dorky/otaku persona suits Nogizaka's image better.

5. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Hi! Thanks so much for the thorough writing!! It was an exciting read! I will write up a longer and proper response to your analysis once I finish work.

Just a quick one to your question if Kotoko has ever moved out of 3rd row. The very first time it has ever happened is just recently. She is in the 2nd row or 2.5 row for Sono Hito. I remember it clearly she was singing together with Junna within the first verse (2 beautiful girls btw what can I ask more).

6. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    It would be good! But i think its to soon for now, i just hope she got better position or more spotlight :)

I think Keyakizaka has better system nd Kotoko could get more attention. But maybe she will be more struggling to follow Keyakizaka's dance :XD:

Actually more fans really excited after Kotoko did in 46hours, Showroom, Ikoma concert, Gundam and even Ramen. But as usual handshake always make the fans think twice to still follow Kotoko :(

Ah yes, i remember that part! But unfortunately that song was only sung once in 46 show (or maybe i'm wrong?) :(

Well i hope at least Kotoko could give more smile in handshake cause i think thats the only way for Kotoko to shine. Like Ikoma said to Kotoko : If Kotoko is laughing, everyone will be happy! ;)

Last edited: May 8, 2018
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. Kelvin

Kelvin Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    saitoasuka
    LOL. Keya's dance is not that hard, most of their choreography is based on formation and not on actual dancing. Influ and synchro is more difficult than any other keya dance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Ah i see! Cause i think Keya's dance is faster and more energic (i only watched Silent Majority, Kazenifukaretemo, and Glass no Ware :^^;:). And i think Kotoko's dance is not as energic as before :(

http://livedoor.4.blogimg.jp/matome1206-nogizaka46matomenoma/imgs/9/f/9f666e33.gif

9. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    @Sno nice read!

If she really showed her frustration by behaving sad/uninterested, then she is also holding herself back. You have to be professional and stay cheerful, as hard as that may be. Fake it until you make it. Especially at handshake events. I think HS events are weighed too heavy when it comes to determining ones popularity, but that is not something that is going to change because money, which is management main motivation for the choices being made. No smile > no selling at HS > no money > no progress.

Any details on what exactly happened on that HS event accident?

10. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    I am really agree with this! The only way Kotoko to increase her popularity is by fix her behaviour, at least she smile more in HS.
    Looks like Kotoko will be more reactive if fans talk about spesific topic, not only say "yoroshiku, otsukare, kawaii, ganbatte", or any other common topic.

I don't know to how to say this but Kotoko is really hard to predict, what is actually her feeling right now, sometime its contradicting each other. Does Kotoko really show that she has not motivation anymore? Some of her photo or behaviour show it, but actually at the same time she is a cheerful person. Kotoko is never tell about her curent feeling or if she have any problem, different with some other members.

I will show some examples :

ktk live.jpg (Under's album mini live after 46 hours (March 2018))
    If you only see from this photo, you can say see had no motivation. But if you saw the 46 hours before, Kotoko had a lot of fun especially in sayuringo part and food part. Even in live report in this mini live, Kotoko still doing fine when they were talking with fans (part1) and talk with Mai and Misa (part2). It's really wierd if she turned into different person just in a short time.

k1.jpg ktk 2.jpg ktk 3.jpg (17 Jan 2018)
    See the difference?

3. Even in Scoutman MV Kotoko was criticised by Anti. Kotoko was told have no motivation cause her movement only standing and almost no smiling all the time. (In this scene only Kotoko who looks was not excited). But if you understand about making MV, there is already storyboard, so everything have been decided before. So it's not Kotoko intention to only standing with poker face.
    Scoutman 1.jpg (Btw anyone know this scene meaning? Its really cruel but the ending is even more cruel >()

But fortunately they give Kotoko 1 smile scene and if you see my post before i include making of this MV and Kotoko is still cheerful!
    Scoutman.jpg

4. Almost same as above and i have explained the possibility in my post before.
    atarashii 1.jpg atarashii 2.jpg

So when i see Kotoko is lack of motivation, i will not straight judge her no motivation but i will think any other possibility (Well eventhough its just a theory. If Kotoko really show no motivation, i guess the management already got annoyed and have fired her.

So, its really bad for Kotoko (same with Ayane too) if both of them show poker face or show no motivation gesture, they will be bullied by fans (mostly ANTI, and recently Ayane got bullied too >(). Because many times both of them have been labelled with that personality in variety. Actually, Yamazaki Rena (some other members too) sometimes will do poker face too in group photo but she will not be bullied like Kotoko or Ayane. Has Rena got part as no motivation girl in variety? (Correct me cause i have not all episode yet). So i think Kotoko and Ayane just doesnt realize their surounding. Maybe when they are show poker face, they think they just do normal pose but the fans see with different perspective.

1 more thing! Do anyone know the relationship between Kotoko and Yonetoku Kyoka? Some people said Kyoka was actually Kotoko's true best friend rather than Karin (Karin is more like her guadian). They said if only Kyoka still here, Kotoko will be better cause only her that can help Kotoko :?:
    kyoka.jpg kyoka 2.jpg kyouka 3.jpg

I am sorry if its too long again (actually there is 1 more photo i want to discuss but its already too long) :XD:

Edit : Ah almost forgot, this is the info about the accident
    https://twitter.com/maiyan0820naoki/status/728164508934361088?ref_src=twsrc^tfw&ref_url=http://aikru.com/archives/3188

Maybe someone can understand better than me.

Last edited: May 10, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  11. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    That's interesting and I wasn't aware of that. Now I wonder if Yonetoku's departure had any significant influence in Kotoko's thoughts about the group or that apparent "lack of motivation".
    I look at KTK's relationships as pretty much one-sided from the other person's side, both with Karin and Nakada Kana (the one with Ayane is clearly only for business). She doesn't push them away, but she doesn't seem good at maintaining relationships. So having her possible closest friend leaving might have been a big shock at the time.

12. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    Kotoko is a very special girl, hard to predict her reactions.

I didnt know her relationship with Yonetoku Kyoka. Kotoko should try to have the same kind of relationship with another member is she needs that to be better.

13. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    Omg that's so cringy, more so considering that they are grown men. So much for masculinity

I agree with the beauty and the dory character it does fit Nogizaka well ,
    however Kotoko's persona is leaning more to being a mix of eccentricity and emo which will look more natural had she'd been a Keyaki Kanji.

Additionally, speaking about Keyaki, we can also presume that one of the reasons for her glum is seeing how a new group gaining massive success in such a short amount of time despite being labeled as 'dark' and unsmiling.

15. Sno

Sno Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Yes she is! one of popular member in 2nd gen and she is active too in Showroom and updating blog. Beside Kotoko and Ayane, sometimes she didn't smile too in photo group but she was'not got criticized (since Kotoko is often labelled as no motivation girl and Ayane as cool girl who doesn't smile).

Btw Kotoko and all other members (included Kitano!) just appeared in Mstage. She was only appear in short time but she was doing fine :)

mstage.jpg mstage 2.jpg
    Beautiful as always :blush:

16. veliem

veliem Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    • Like Like x 2
  17. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    It is true that Kotoko, Ayane, and Renachi has their stoicism looks that are prone to people's criticism. But I think the fundamental difference between that tendencies being treated differently is that:

Ayane: Super awkward (used to), bookish/nerdy/the literature girl next door, super geeky for Mecha and airplanes (attractive to fellow Otakus), and a paradigm of Yamato Nadeshiko (she arranged her own tea ceremony or something). She has lots of talents that she hasn't exposed yet. Literature is one. And do you know that she plays piano?

Renachi: Smart and elite, The Keio Girl, flirty and a fisher (which will attract avid male fans), hardworking, and she is quick to find opportunities. I think her goal is to attract male fans first of all and it starts to pay off.

Now the thing about Kotoko:
    Kotoko: Super beautiful (even Matsumura and Nakada were spelled under her beauty right from the start). Super awkward. Extreme otaku (maybe more than Ayane), always stay at home, and basically always lying low. The thing about Kotoko is that she never promotes herself. She rarely talks about things she is up to, her hobbies aside from anime (probably because she doesn't have any other hobby idk), what are her talents and abilities, or whatever she is feeling. I think she is very private/secretive, or she just doesn't have any idea of which things are okay to publicize which ones are not (lots of time during Showroom she asked Karin if it's okay to tell this certain news).

Actually in terms of intelligence, Kotoko is on par with Ayane and Renachi. Just look at every smart quiz ranks, she is always one of the top performers. She knew the trick behind Nojo's magic act. And to consider that Matsumura, Kanada, and Karin are pretty smart as well, that signifies something. This girl is smart, I tell you.

And I believe she very much knows that she is good looking. Probably she has been complimented ever since she was a kid so she grows to that words. Being called cute or pretty doesn't flatter her. Furthermore she isn't rejecting the compliment either. She once admit that her brothers are ikemen, so good looks must have run in the family. If you recall that dokkiri game when bricks were thrown to her, underline this, the first thing she does was protecting her face and then to ask if the staff were okay. This girl knows her best asset.

She did basketball (and quite good as well in the video of her doing free throws that keep going in), but she didn't showcase that she has talent in it. She is quite knowledgeable but she isn't boasting about it even at least modestly. When she was a kid she did crafts but we never saw any of her displaying whatever she is making (if she's still in that hobby). She likes to cook the half-baked cheese cake but we never got to see how it looks. In her blogs, she rarely talk about herself. It's mostly about people that she likes, and describing about that person (like with countless YuiKaori blogs she did). I saw one matome comments once that summarise about her: "This is a girl who never talks about herself". Too much truth in that.

Ugh I can write more, but I gotta do work. So I'll continue some other time.

• Like Like x 5
  18. mrhuy0111

mrhuy0111 Kenkyuusei

@vshav :i wonder why she doesnt get a job in model or something similar like that even she's so pretty. I have been searching pictures of her from tumblr,..etc but all i got just a few pic. Quite sad for me :((

19. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I think she might eventually have modelling gigs come to her from now on. Modelling for magazines is a tricky thing tho. Especially for the printed ones that is de facto a dying industry. In my opinion, magazines recruit models to be the brand ambassador. And not only that, to be a model someone needs to know how to style herself. Kotoko has only started to wear dresses like recently. But.. some of her dresses are the exact same ones but different color scheme :hmm: Anyway, that alone is already a huge step for her so that should be very appreciated. I don't know about the demographic of Kotoko's fanbase. I think magazines are looking for girls who have good following of (or capable to attract) female fans, marketable and outspoken as brand ambassador, know fashion and makeup, good figure, and beautiful. Basically a muse for the brand.

I respect Kawago so much because even tho she isn't the sorry to say, prettiest and most popular of the bunch, I think her talent in gyaru (?) styling is the one that made her to be the house model for Popteen. If anyone should get modelling contract next it should be Iori. Junna is a model material too but I think she prefers in stage play or acting. I am hoping Kotoko's chance in modelling is coming soon.

• Like Like x 1
  20. mrhuy0111

mrhuy0111 Kenkyuusei

@vshav : just an idea, i think being a model suit for her, a job doesnt require talk or expose your self