1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sashihara Rino (Sasshi) / AKB 5th Generation

Discussion in 'HKT48 Graduated Members' started by makistar, Aug 2, 2008.

1. gocchisama

gocchisama Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Twitter:
    Gocchisama
    Nothing to add, or perhaps KFC not winning the Japan music award

2. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

My translation of the MVP article. Please correct me if you find any mistakes.

There were various events in the whole 48 group in 2014. one of those events is establishment of "AKB48 group newspaper award". this time we unanimously chose HKT's Sashihara Rino as symbol of 2014 and asked her to give interview about the main events of this year.

"Monthly AKB group newspaper award 2014" MVP Sasshi

Are you sure about me?
    -- We, editorial department, chose Sashihara-san as this year's MVP.
    S: I am really happy. Seriously. But are you sure about me?
    -- Absolutely. It's just you were 1st in 2013 SSK, but this year 2nd. What do you think about 2014 yourself?
    S: A lot of things happened.
    -- What was the most impressive thing?
    S: Concerts. You can call this year a concert year.
    -- It is unheard of that active idol is producing other idols. Furthermore, you've offered incredibly fun concerts throughout the year.
    S: I am most happy that you liked the concerts. I like them the most myself. This is the activity I put a lot of effort in.
    -- There are a lot of events in AKB group like handshakes, but we think that the idols' essence is concerts.
    S: I am happy with those words.
    -- To be honest, from the time I suddenly heard Morning Musume's "The Piece" in January at Kyushu Tour I wanted to interview you. I imagined that that I'd write the article about it as soon as you'd win SSK.

S: Right, the last time I met with AKB newspaper was around last year's Christmas.
    -- Comparing to TV and radio you appear much less in the print media.
    S: Yes, I'm a bit uncomfortable with magazine and newspaper interviews. Incompatible, I'd say. Articles don't convey facial expression and tone of voice to readers, so it is easier to be misunderstood, so I watch out to not say something wrong (bitter laugh).
    -- We don't do lip service and don't take things lightly, that's why the MVP is well deserved.
    S: I am really happy. Thanks a lot.
    -- I'd like to know about concert production more.
    S: Several years before, starting from AKB48 national tour, AKB48 senpais were going on meetings were setlists were decided. But I think there was no person that was involved for real.
    -- To what extent are you involved in concert production?
    S: Long story short, when I was in AKB I didn't participate in meetings, because senpais did. The turning point was the first summer when I was transferred to HKT. At the time of "Idol Nation" (12.08.11, Yoyogi 1st Stadium) set list was decided by staff. At that time, not only HKT fans were present, it was an open air summer festival and HKT didn't have its own repertoire in the first place. That's why we were singing AKB songs. I thought it was OK, but there was one song I remember was out of place. I wanted to say something about it, so I started with: "Please listen. This is "Kimi to Niji to Taiyou to"" and the place became silent. When it ended, we gathered and I said for the first time "I don't want to impose things, but I think it is for the better to sing songs at concert that fit it instead of personal preferences". That was the first time when I stated my opinion boldly in HKT48.
    -- The atmosphere to speak wasn't right, when you made the first greetings with members after your transfer, so you stated your opinion when the thing you are obsessed about - the concert - was affected. Very Sasshi-like.
    S: And then at Nippon Budokan (13.04.27 AKB48 group Rinji Soukai) I asked staff the permission to participate, as I was looking only at idol concerts since the young age and had confidence and they agreed.
    -- HKT48 was the first one to be ready for the 4 group contest at Nippon Budokan. I remember, that 2 months ahead Sasshi secretly told me, that you've already started preparations and that your concert will definitely be interesting. Akimoto Yasushi must have gave you theater manager position after looking at details of your input in stage production.
    S: Maybe. However, at that time I wasn't the only one, the staff from Tokyo supported and realized my vision.
    -- Did you come up with member positioning or song centers?
    S: No, honestly speaking, I didn't think that far. Even now, I usually don't decide on units.
    -- Unit songs are probably decided by captains, right?
    S: My involvement in unit songs is that members directly say to me their wishes. And that boils down to "I have to fulfill everyone's requests", so the best song selection for group concert becomes very hard. That's why I mainly think of the whole setlist.
    -- The first Kyushu Tour had many ideas. First off "The Piece".
    S: That was born from the grumbling of Akimoto-san. At that time I've heard that Akimoto-san, looking at other groups' concerts, said "We receive some criticism from fans, but because we don't take on a challenges, like singing other idol group songs, it doesn't even become a subject. It's always the same things, so it seems like they don't even hold any special feelings". "I see... In that case, we should sing Morning Musume's song".
    -- There were also various things, that other groups didn't do, like sky swings, light globe pantomime dance.
    S: That are stage director's ideas. He is doing shows for Nogizaka46 and AKB48 and I think that his production and my setlist fit together.
    -- Your compatibility is visible. I think that it is the greatest factor why HKT48 concerts' are so fun.
    S: The director doesn't know all songs of the 48 group, that's why he can't decide on setlist. For example, if it's an open air seaside summer concert, he says "In the second part I'd like to insert a summer festival-ish song. Do we have something like that?". And I bring him "Koi no Onawa". Before me there were no staff members who specialized on song selection.
    -- You dig out hidden gems.
    S: Because I listen to a lot off songs. Everyday, probably more than anyone in 48 group. Not because of setlist choosing, but because I love 48 group songs in the first place. No wonder, since I was a AKB48 fan in the past (lol). Among more than 1000 songs, there are plenty of awesome songs that are undeservedly forgotten. Like "Rock da yo, jinsei wa...". Since long ago, when I still was in AKB48, when we performed it at G-Rosso theater (2009, June-October) I thought that this song fires up the fans and it's a waste that it is not performed. At the time of Budokan, when I thought of setlist, I proposed it, saying that it'll definitely set the roof on fire.
    -- The hidden gems of Kyushu tour were solo songs, which were sung by the members, even research students, possessing good singing abilities.
    S: The plan was to make a concert in which each member had a place to stand out. Even if now I've learned to plan without this sort of kindness, in the beginning I was all about giving chance to all members. Now since the directors says "There is no time for those things, it's impossible", I've changed my way of thinking.
    -- That planning was very original. But then Kyushu tour was expanded to Arena tour and National tour.
    S: It is indeed the case. That planning wasn't bad, but the circumstances didn't allow to continue it. Director said "If I was the customer, who came to concert for the first time, I wouldn't remember the names of all members. We can allow to highlight only few members, the rest need to find a way to stand out themselves. For example, if we'll make the customer to like Miyawaki Sakura, he's attention will come to other members too". And he had a point. If we make all members to stand out, the effect will become weaker indeed. If there will be another Kyushu tour I'd like to do that gori oshi plan again, but I understand that it's not suited for the national level.

Study, looking at rivals!

-- You've learned from trial and errors and haven't ran out of ideas the whole year, that's admirable.
    S: I was happy when the staff said "I want to work harder when I see HKT48 work with all it's might". I think HKT48 is second to none when it comes to concert passion. I watch a lot of live DVDs of other artists for the studying purposes. I am confident in time and effort spent on that.
    -- Are there members in other groups that show interest?
    S: (Matsui) Rena says she wants to see HKT48 too. I watch AKB48 concert recordings also. There is a distinctive difference between studying and not. Also when members say that they want to do some unit song, I make adjustments. The question is - are we doing concert for fans satisfaction or for self-satisfaction? There is a difference.
    -- Sasshi's is extremely professional. Your main priority is entertainment of fans, instead of doing things you like.
    S: For example, I think "Heavy Rotation" will definitely fire up the audience, so I'll propose it. But the songs I wish and audience wishes are different things.
    -- Previously you thought that the key to success is when the members are enjoying the live, but after observing HKT's new circumstances, you came to conclusion that this thinking is naive.
    S: I won't be swayed by members opinions, if it is personal and not about team. Can't let the emotions to take over.

Need a recharge in 2015

-- Smooth 2014 is nearing the end, what are the plans for the 2015?
    S: It is still not decided, but I think 2 years of concerts in row would be too much. Need at least one break to regain powers.
    -- What can you say about HKT48 members from your perspective?
    S: I'm not sure if that's my influence, but everyone is unusually pragmatic. For example, AKB's Nishino Miki-chan is naturally and instinctively funny in variety shows. But all HKT girls think. Purely funny is probably only Nako. Because I've thought them various technics, everyone became calculating and less exposed to mood swings. For better or worse, their hearts became stronger and I am the one to blame...
    -- What about Kodama Haruka, whose performance improved greatly lately.
    S: She changed the most in this year. I can say it now, but after Meru was given a center position, there was a time when she impatiently played individually. But since she got a concurrent position in AKB and as kouhai could watch the backs of senpais from behind, her field of vision widened. Now she puts the team in the first place. She grew into a really good kid.
    -- Miayawaki Sakura?
    S: She was a strong girl from the beginning, but she happens to cry like a normal girl. But - unintentional advertisement (bitter smile) - since she's read "Gyakutenryoku", she says she changed negative thinking.
    -- "Gyakutenryoku" has the enlightening contents. It is a must read book for members.
    S: I was supposed to only receive MVP today, but got unusually lots of various praising words (shy smile). But it surely is suitable for members. I was negative myself from the beginning, and in a process of thinking of a way to change that state of mind, my character became more positive. I even came to understand strategy and tactics (lol)
    -- I won't say the names, but you've became a peacemaker between various members, a lubricating oil. I don't think that it is tactics to put yourself in the tiger's den.
    S: I say various things, but I'm just a normal kind person (lol)
    -- OK, back on track. How did you managed to became a person who is pulling other members after the transfer?
    S: It's because everyone purely accepted me in the vain of "Let's work hard together!" And also lots of questions like "What should I do in MC?" united us.
    -- Speaking of MC skills. What about Natsumikan's MC skills?
    S: She is really awesome! Unfortunately she struggles to gain popularity, but her MC skills are the real deal. Her personality is warped, but not bad. She is already separated from me. Another one, who has potential in MC is Natsu (Matsuoka Natsumi). I expect her to work hard.
    -- What about Imomu-chu?
    S: They are funny as an inside joke, but when we talk about the whole HKT48, they need to expand more. Like Natsumikan.
    -- Since the beginning of National tour there is a plan to bewitch with dance.
    S: After watching the Maihama performance, Akimoto-san said "It was good, but you still lack the will. It is better to aim at 100 points and get 40, than aim at 80 points and get 60". He praised that we brought old songs to light, but at the same time we need a constant challenge.

Changed after Yuko's graduation

-- Let's look back at the events of 2014. First of all Daisokaku in February.
    S: It followed right after the HKT48 class shuffle. I had to announce what the adults decided for us. However, from the time of formation H was always together. It was popular, but in reality it reached it's limits in mannerism. Research student's stage had a good reputation too, but was full of inside jokes. I think shuffle was needed to advance to national level. But Chiyori's and Tani's transfers were shocking indeed.
    -- They both doing their best after the transfer.
    S: I was worried about Tani in the beginning, but she is doing great. Chiyori isn's as successful as Tani yet, but she is working hard and I have hopes for her.
    -- There was also a graduation of Oshima Yuko-san.
    S: As expected, after her graduation, things have changed. Yuko-chan was a soul of the dressing room, when such reliable senpai is gone, the loss is just huge. For example, at press conferences Takamina-san is a person who sums up the conversation. Yuko-san was a person, who says headings. Now most girls say just ordinary things, that's why they hardly reach public. Yuko-chan came up with catchphrases beforehand. A lot of girls haven't noticed this hard work of hers. Personally I am lonely even till this day. I know it's not good, but can't help it...
    -- Even if you were 2nd in SSK, I have a feeling that you were fighting alone to liven things up.
    S: Yes. Even if I say so myself, at that time I was pitiful (bitter smile). The SSK without Acchan and Yuko-chan. I was trying to liven things up, even if I got the villain part, I was frantically trying to avoid becoming an antithesis or subject.
    -- I appreciate your efforts. It's about time for the last question. Can you tell one episode from this year, when you were down, but could recover with your gyakuten power?
    S: In the latest 3 gen douji chuukei live (11.19) was a blunder. We and Takamina-san were sure that there will be a mistake and were opposed to it, but were told that everything will be OK, and when we did it, just as we expected... And then after the live I had a talk with staff while crying. After that (Tanaka) Miku approached me to give a kiss. "Cute" she said and raised to my face, but instead of a kiss left a saliva on my face! It was the first time in my life. I asked her if she just put a saliva on my face and she just said "yep" while grinning. What an original way to comfort (lol). Usually, you don't put saliva on senpais' faces. So my worries were blown away by that cuteness and funniness. Please enjoy the ability to generate ideas of NakoMiku and other young girls from now on too.
    -- Thanks a lot for the splendid punchline.
    S: Don't forget about me. Thank you very much.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2014
  3. suwidering

suwidering Kenkyuusei

- concert, concert and concert
    - getting recognition and compliment from big name like hikaru ijuin, suzuki osamu, people & guest in wide na show, etc
    - she got column in fashion magazine, zipper
    January ed
    [​IMG]

February ed
    [​IMG]

- reducing her appearance in magazine gravure, even sashiTB now doesn't feature her, they just borrow her name
    - flop of her duet single with uchida yuya (5-7k copies)--let say, it's uchida yuya's fault :hehe:

4. Norii

Norii Kenkyuusei

CM for Daiei

[​IMG]

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

48 Group Official Calendar 2015
    [​IMG]

気づいちゃった人々2014/141228
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2014
    • Like Like x 1
  5. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
  6. sasshinaction

sasshinaction Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    To the 2014 success list I'd add the continuing success of KFC - AKB are still closing with that song on countless big show medleys.

And I'd be very interested in a translation of that MVP interview nori posted!

7. lazy

lazy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
  8. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

Agree, I think it's more important that KFC is still relevant, performed frequently and charts various rankings even after all this time, than it not winning some award.

Full translation of MVP interview is up.
    http://stage48.net/forum/index.php?threads/sashihara-rino-sasshi.1108/page-446#post-963478

9. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    @fatrain Thanks for the rest of the translation!

Doing well on the karaoke charts is greater accomplishment than winning some award that's more about connections and politics.

I don't know the context but on a show called "TV Tackle" today two songs were listed as Aki-p's all time representative songs and they were "Kawa no nagare no you ni" and KFC.

[​IMG]

10. sasshinaction

sasshinaction Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Thanks, good stuff! "Incompatible" with print interviews is a funny way to put it - but her jokey words that have not been taken as jokes or have been taken as mean jokes have given us many funny news stories and netizen reactions so I say go for it.

11. suwidering

suwidering Kenkyuusei

12. Norii

Norii Kenkyuusei

13. Norii

Norii Kenkyuusei

14. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    Thanks @Norii and welcome to this forum :)

Isn't Sasshi looking a bit tired in those Kouhaku photos?

Tonight is HKT48 SHOW!, maybe they will show something related to Kouhaku.

-----
    AKB48 will perform KFC on "HEY! HEY! HEY! MUSIC CHAMP" today.
    http://headlines.yahoo.co.jp/hl?a=20141229-00000008-natalien-musi

-----
    HKT48 will appear on a "Studio Park New Year's Eve Special" on 12/31 and it seems they will be reporting live from the Kouhaku rehearsals.
    http://tv.yahoo.co.jp/program/98106631/

----
    From Yuko's twitter...

https://twitter.com/Oshima__Yuko/status/549544431246798848

[​IMG]

15. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

wow, KFC winning over such hits like "Sailor fuku wo nugasanaide" is something!

======

気づいちゃった人々2014/141228 (full version. Sasshi's part is at 88:30)
    http://video.fc2.com/content/201412292fAq0W0p/

16. tokidoki

tokidoki Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    KFC on "HEY! HEY! HEY! MUSIC CHAMP"...

if the video does not show watch the video here

17. fatrain

fatrain Under Girls

what the hell was that at the end :confused:

18. SasshyNyan