1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sato Shiori (Satoshi) / 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. nakotteiijan

nakotteiijan Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    矢吹奈子
    [​IMG]
    Name: Sato Shiori (佐藤 詩織); Satou Shiori
    Nickname: Satoshi (さとし)
    Birth date:November 16th, 1996.
    Bloodtype:A
    Birth place:Tokyo.
    Height:162cm​

Last edited: Feb 6, 2018
  2. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Nov 2, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  3. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    And the winner of most blog posts (and probably longest blogs) is....

Shiori.

We should've guessed....

• Like Like x 1
  4. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

:ome::ome:Happy Birthday Shiori:ome: :ome:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    • Like Like x 1
  5. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    After watching the most recent episode of Kakenai, it looks like she could be a decent artist. Her facial features also remind me of Reinyan.

• Like Like x 1
  6. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  7. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  8. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Satoshi has broken into prominence on the K46 news sites with recent photos on her blog, especially two in one post. Headines are "Satou Shiori in twintails has no little destructive power" and "When Satou Shiori gets serious, it's amazing. Her sexy look and twintails have otaku bewitched":

mob8sjNdK-450x600.jpg

mobjcGyJ2_600web.jpg

She says she is using less makeup and is getting compliments from staff.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  9. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

• Like Like x 1
  10. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Lovely. I used to be put off by her always finding a way to mention that she was going to art college. Now I think it's cute that she's so proud of it. And it is an accomplishment, after all. She mentioned in her blog yesterday that those drawings she showed in her original self-introduction were made in first-year high school (the chihuahua) and second-year high school (the hands), but that she really got serious in third year. And I've been noticing -- in the few glimpses you can get of her during their dance numbers -- that she is a member who can smile and be expressive when she is dancing.

• Like Like x 1
  11. CutePanda

CutePanda Next Girls

• Like Like x 1
  12. Hamacchi

Hamacchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  13. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Satoshi is getting prettier day by day. Glad that her HS has also risen from the bottom.

• Like Like x 1
  14. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

When I see these photos and her growing popularity and confidence, I'm so happy. I think back to ep6 of KeyaKake, where she just about broke down in tears, saying that everyone else in the group was so cute but that she had never thought of herself as cute. It almost brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it. Now I see her in performances and she looks as if she finally thinks she belongs.

EDIT: Her individual PV on the new single is amazing. We see her doing sand art under the guidance of a pro and she does a wonderful job: faces, events, patterns, a story. And a terrific version of the kanji "keyaki." And she looks good doing it.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
  15. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

The video itself is even about her struggles in the earlier days after the audition, where she feeled that she couldn't make proper expressions for photo shootings and display herself, while having to watch as other members gather many fans at handshake events and get the opportunity to be displayed in various magazines. While in some sense it is a success itself to be chosen into a casted idol group (especially in the 46/48G), the real struggle actually begins from there, where you indirectly always compete with those you're actually supposed to be a team with. Those who don't make it will always be in some way unfulfilled in their roles. It's a bit of the "dark side" in this business, which is only subtly shown, like here.

I've been sort of rooting for Satoshi, not necessarily because she was one of my favorites from the beginning but more out of some "underdog mentality" and because she has more than enough talent to display. After watching the video, I guess I somehow recognized the pain she has been through but am even happier that her popularity is rising and she's being recognized. I actually once believed as well that she may not be of the same class as many other members when it comes to looks, but now I'd say I was wrong. Her once not-perfect look has now turned into a real, individual and distinctive style nobody else in the group and franchise can display. She looks dashing in the Kataru Nara Mirai Wo uniform as well as on the official SekAi photos and in the drama. It can only go upwards for her.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Esky

Esky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanaberisa
    Her PV was very nice, the hosts of keyakitte kakenai always seemed a bit unappreciative of her art, and she looked great. One thing I found interesting, her face is a little out of symmetry, with her right eye a little smaller and lower than her left eye. But in her self portrait she exaggerated the difference a little and made her left eye smaller, probably because she is used to looking in a mirror, although her hair is parted on the correct side in the image.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2016
  17. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Her butterfly transformation continues. Here's a brief video interview from BLT magazine:

if the video does not show watch the video here

And her role as MC during much of yesterday's Showroom session is receiving a lot of praise. At one point, to bridge a gap, she was smiling into the camera, making hearts with her hands, and even blowing kisses. And looking awfully good doing it.

The transformation, especially of her confidence, is wonderful. Perhaps it's being a second-year in college. Perhaps it's the success of K46 as a whole. If it weren't professionally impossible, I'd say she had fallen in (reciprocated) love. Maybe she has finally learned to love herself.

18. Hamacchi

Hamacchi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    • Like Like x 1
  19. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

Satoshi recently got a good camera (an SLR). With her artist's eye, she is suddenly the best photographer in the group. Check out the photos in this blog post. She is mainly taking shots of a taxi rank near a bus station, at night, as the taxis come and go. Wonderful. She says she now wants to master photography, as well as drawing.

20. Atreyu

Atreyu Kenkyuusei

Satoshi's evolution in one year is almost beyond credibility. She was among the first members to have a blog entry uploaded since the little "hiatus" the group underwent. I'm almost compensated for it when seeing something like this...
    [​IMG]
    Fans apparently have been appreciating her hairbangs up, so she decided to take a few shots of herself with this style. What a nice service. As she said in her blog, maybe she'll give us more tomorrow.
    Some good news that come with this are that the lessons for the production of the 3rd single seem to be smooth and fun, at least for her. She seems to be really spirited about it. Just a little more until we see her in the front...

I hope for her to benefit significantly from her seeming 'promotion' for this single, but at the same time I think that she's among those who might use their chance the best. For a long time, I was seeing her as the most underrated member in the group (although she's never been my #1 or close), but now she's the proof that by consistently working on oneself, it is possible to escape the popularity bottom by own strength. From one of the most unimpressive members at the beginning, she's grown to become one of the most stylish ones in my eyes.