1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Seasonal Sakamichi Polls: Popularity Tournament - the Sakamichi Cup now running

Discussion in 'General Nogizaka46 Discussion' started by kanjo, Mar 26, 2016.

1. kanjo

kanjo Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    A couple of nails on the head here.
    Definitely, you see way more long winded posts and heated debates on the Keyakizaka side.

One thing I've noticed, Nogizaka fans seem to have a nice bell curve of how many members they like. Average is 10 and most people choose around that much. But a lot of Kanji fans seem to either choose one or two members or all the members they don't dislike. That's one reason why Kanji2 is so popular.

There are a lot of Nogizaka DD's in my knowledge but very few select all girls for all favourites.

2. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

Nogi member forum is more active.

I check forum multiple times a day and there may be one Hiragana member thread with new posts, one or two Kanji member threads with new posts, but like ten Nogi member threads will be new and a bunch of Nogi galleries also.

Nogi fans seem to talk more about individual members and what they're up to, whereas Keyaki fans like to have spirited discussions about the group as a whole, so the Keyaki General thread and Hiragana Keyaki threads are really active but the other threads not so much. Unless something is going on with Hirate, then her thread becomes really active.

3. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    THE SAKAMICHI CUP

Extra special tournament-style Sakamichi popularity survey!
    See rules and vote in the link

Round 1 is only until Tues 2nd April so please respond and share quickly!!!
    https://forms.gle/Tg99TLPQxoePozNA9

(results of last poll will be up soon I promise, I just keep forgetting to bring them home from my work computer)

• Like Like x 3
  4. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Making me pick favorites is cruel.

5. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    I am motivated primarily by cruelty

------------

Some updates about the current poll:

First, I've allowed results to be viewed. Just click the link again and when it says "you've already responded" there will be a link to "see previous responses".
    I did this to encourage campaigning/sharing, since there's not a lot of time for each stage.
    In future, I will allow this from the start but turn it off late in the stage to keep excitement.

Here's the schedule:
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D24FVpQVAAYnI2P.png
    Though I've since decided to merge the 3rd place runoff and final round into one block (they will happen at the same time)

You don't need to know how this works, but this is how members will advance to future stages.
    https://pbs.twimg.com/media/D24F_tQVYAApIJ_.png
    Video:
    https://twitter.com/doiyasansubs/status/1111834438365646848

Basically, the headers are the group (i.e. GA) and the content in the box are participants (GA has participants D1, D9, D17, etc.).
    D1~D46 are the members who advance from the current qualifier stage.
    GA-1 is the winner of group "GA" while GA-4 came in fourth. The two winners of the group RA1 are RA1-1 and RA1-2. Hopefully that makes sense.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2019
    • Like Like x 2
  6. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Previous poll (Winter 2018/2019 regular survey) results!

19 win Nogi.png 19 win Keya.png 19 win Hina.png

I actually made these weeks ago but then the fiscal year end change had me super busy at work and I had no strength left for work on the discussion at home. Not that the discussion particularly adds anything, but feel free to take a look.

This is the first standard popularity poll in a whole year. Though I did do the General Election special. A lot has happened. We had three new generations and one new group, which I only included as a joke. This was before Hiragana had official split but between the previous survey and this one it became clear they were different groups. And so I split them. Take that, people who disagreed. I'm a pioneer. I had even began to use light blue as their team colour before the split announcement.

Survey analysis
    To make the surveys more manageable (by that I mean "possible" not "easier") I've had to make a few cuts to what I'm actually presenting.
    As of this survey, I only plan to present the results of the four basic questions - All Favourites, Oshimen, Centre Hopefuls and Dislikes.
    With tables, instead of graphs. This is not because graphs are complicated (they're only a little troublesome) but just because there are too many damn members to fit on a graph. There always were too many and now it's worse. The tables have in-built bar charts, though, so that's nice.

If you want to know what was cut, there were three values: two scores for "overall", one where I combined the All Favourites and Oshimen scores, and one where I took that value and subtracted the Dislikes result, and finally a relative value for Dislikes which measured it as a percentage of All Favourites. The data was interesting but each was several times more difficult than the measures we have now and whether or not they were *useful* is up for debate.

After I decided to do this I further streamlined the excel sheet to make it possible to input the results for the basic questions in less than an hour per group without harming readability. If it's as easy as it currently feels (and presuming we don't get any more groups) I might add the more complex metrics back into the results.

About the responses
    This round we got 450 responses. It's not a new record but it's high and I'm very satisfied with it.
    Going by the most basic question "All Favourites" Keyaki had the most voters at 404, with Nogi at 389 and Hinata (well, Hiragana but I'm just going to call them Hinata) only getting 342. I expect with Hinata's solo debut things will start to even out.

While Nogizaka has the most votes per participant, if we further divide by the number of members in each group (48 for Nogi, 27 for Keyaki, and 21 for Hinata), Hinata and Keyaki have significantly more votes per voter. This continues a trend since they early days of the polls. Many Keyaki and Hinata fans select all (or nearly all) members, while few Nogi fans do the same.

The same trend continues with dislikes. Keyaki fans in particular are likely to select a large number of members for dislikes, in some cases having all members in either one of "All Favourites" or "Dislikes". I'm not sure if this is just how they understand the question or if they just feel very strongly about their likes and dislikes. The result is that Keyaki leads in both dislikes voters and average selected members per voter. Hinata has a relatively small number of dislikers but they have a similar average number of selections to Keyaki.

A peculiarity of this survey's results is Nogizaka's fans' reluctance to choose an oshimen. There is a large gap between the number of All Favourites and Oshimen voters, unlike other groups. Hiragana fans jumped on the opportunity to finally select a separate hiragana oshimen as well as a kanji one.

Note: the current polling phase will end in just over a day so please spread it or complete it if you haven't already.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  7. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

A bit surprised that 3 of 3rd gen get more dislike than Hori.

8. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Momoko third most disliked Nogi member? Goodbye!

9. BarneyInvisible

BarneyInvisible Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    what it to do with Hori?

10. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

People still can't accept 'that' push, maybe?
    Tbh i don't really know other people reason but i just assuming their reason. I've expected, not that i want it tho, Manatsu and Ringo will come on 1st and 2nd. From my speculation, Manatsu because her fisher chara and Ringo for her past scandal. I myself didn't give any dislike to all 46G members since i don't have any reason to do that.

11. ConanShimizu

ConanShimizu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kitahararie
    Twitter:
    ConanShimizu_
    Why do people dislike Matsuda Rina and Ten? They literally just joined???

12. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    The fact that Keyaki's 2nd gen and Hinano got any dislike votes is ridiculous considering this poll was from before they were even introduced on Keyakake/Hiragana Oshi.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Some of their votes were from people who disliked almost everyone and others who disliked all new members. Others? Tbh I think it's people who dislike their aspirations (something I like about them)

14. Quark

Quark Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    horimiona
    agreed. I understand momoko is a bit boring sometimes but I am particularly surprised with ume.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Momoko being boring is also new to me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Below you can see the qualifying contestants for the Sakamichi Cup. I'm going to use Excel to randomly rearrange them into groups. I'll be posting the groupings one group at a time in 30 mins. If you want to watch "live" keep an eye on this twitter thread

SC '19 Preliminary results.png

Edit: changed my mind. No "one group at a time", not "live reveal", here's the whole line up.

FOUR members will advance from each group. Who will you let drop?

D3Na1QgUUAEB-DF.png

Last edited: Apr 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  17. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Group B is hell lmao. I guess I can already say bye to Momoko.

18. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

@kanjo -- Great stuff. Thanks very much. As for dislikes of new members, I myself developed a few strong feelings during last year's Showroom auditions. Not enough to "dislike" anyone, but Ten-chan was kind of overwhelming, and Matsuda Rina's excellence didn't reveal itself until she started interacting with the group. Before that, she might have seemed a bit forbidding, as someone who had already been in the work world (as a bank teller). Now she's one of my favorites among the Keyaki 2gens (many of whom seem good). Perhaps some voters took as a command the invitation to name someone they didn't like, and went overboard, lol.

The new smaller groups are an interesting exercise for me, since I don't know Nogi that well. I imagine that's true of Keyaki and Hinata for a lot of people. But as I go through, I realize I do know enough to have opinions, and this exercise gives me the impetus to look into a few names more closely.

Of course, I personally am glad Memi did comparatively well with S48 voters. Sometimes I feel as if she is ignored. Does everyone feel that way about their oshi?

19. Edward900

Edward900 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    Ouch at Umechan being so high up in the dislike section.
    Maybe because she's really tall and pretty? ;)
    I don't think she will make it to 2nd round. :(

Hinano is so cute, how can people dislike cute girls lol.

20. kanjo

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Sakamichi Cup - Group Stages A Choose UP TO your top FOUR from EACH group (well, you don't HAVE to do every group)

Tough decisions await! This is where the fun begins. But please don't make me spend 5 hours removing cheaters.

Closing this Sunday JST!! Spread and answer quickly

https://forms.gle/Bfv9CVZB1rKv9e7K6