Seeing AKB48 Shows (TOC at first post)

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Youkokurama, Nov 16, 2010.

1. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    And the question remains why they announced international support if in the end it turns out to be just a red herring :/
    I can see the point if they wanted more foreigners to become paying fanclub members ....
    But that's not even possible without jumping through lots of hoops right now.

2. SQUiD48

SQUiD48 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kojimamako
    so who falls under the "far-off" category?
    a few theater performances are available for "far-off" about 3 weeks prior.

3. dutchie

dutchie Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    峯岸みなみ
    Aren't those the people living outside of Tōkyō's prefecture or the Kantō region, but inside Japan?

4. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    No, that is enpou. Different category

5. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Paid for membership - still not able to apply.

Isn't far-off = enpou? Still it is a separate category from Overseas.

6. Rasberry

Rasberry Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kobayashikana
    So the question now is (Being easily spotted: Read token white guy), if you were to use an internal Japanese address, you would get rejected from theater even if you won, and I would obviously gather that creating a secondary account is ban. Also doing the right thing, means that I am now unable to change from overseas to Japanese for many more months, due to the fix I made to my details weeks ago...

* You can not modify your residence (Japan/Overseas) for 6 months from the date of change.
     It is possible to modify it from 1/5,2018.

7. Sakuraism

Sakuraism Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    andilee1989
    Why would they reject u from the theater just because you use a Japanese address..? Are you implying white people don't live in Japan? lol.
    Also I don't believe making a secondary account is ban-able as long you aren't using it simultaneously. It's not like you are actually increasing your chance of winning. From what I've heard so far with the whole International ticket center account complaints, I'm left to believe that just as usual they've introduced something that they're half ass-ing.

Anyway, theater staffs are long used to dealing with fans overseas all the time coming to theater with a Japanese address when they clearly do not live in Japan. Being denied by the theater staff would prolli be the last of ur worries when it comes to watching a theater show lol.

8. Delur

Delur Kenkyuusei

So since there's no overseas tickets, i'm planning to use my relatives address in Yokohama, does that mean i wait for ippan tickets like any local japanese? or am i far off because of the origin of the passport i sign with?

9. SunnyHighland

SunnyHighland Next Girls

Oshimen:
    okaberin
    Thanks for writing this up. Currently waiting for the application period of Team 8 stage on Monday.
    One thing, I did not need to write my name on Katakana, though I have to change the keyboard setting for writing address between half-width and full-width.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2017
  10. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Hello, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I didn't see the answer on the first page (so sorry if I have missed it somehow) and I need to know, how early before the show starts should you arrive at the venue to buy the tickets and all of that? I'm looking at 18:30 performances but I am have classes until 16:30 pretty much every day and it would take another 30 minutes (possibly a few minutes before, depending on how lucky I am with trains). Would arriving about 1.5 hour or slightly less before the show be enough?

11. hermionepj1

hermionepj1 Member

Oshimen:
    Yamashita Emiri
    your registered address is the one that counts

1.5hrs is enough

12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    It sounds like you are describing a theater show. If so, the cutoff to purchase your ticket (or be in line to purchase it) is 30 minutes prior to the show. (It will actually say this on the winning email) It is precisely at this time that they begin calling cancel machi numbers. Now, if you happen to be late, it is still possible to get into the show. However, you must wait for the initial cancel machi draw to be completed. After that, the will do a second "last chance" cancel machi call, at which point they will also let anyone on who actually won the show, and was late.

This is the process for AKB and SKE. I presume it is a uniform policy though.

13. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Thank you for your replies. Yes, I was referring to theater shows, but forgot to mention it. Good to know that 1-1.5 hours should be more than enough, I was worried it would be like 2 hours or something :blush:

14. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    Sorry for double post, but since it's been almost a week and not directly related to my previous question, I believe it's ok (if not, I'm really sorry). I was wondering if anyone knows if it's better to apply for ladies ticket or general ticket? I'm specifically talking about the AKB theater, although it's probably similar in other ones as well. I know ladies ticket has the benefit of having a guaranteed seat if you get it, whereas a general ticket depends on your number, so you might get a bad seat or even just standing place. But I'm wondering which one gives you a better chance to win?

15. Samara Morgane

Samara Morgane Member

Oshimen:
    umemotoizumi
    I would suggest taking the ladies ticket because I think the price is lower for women than men so you would be sure to not be over charged!But I don't know if you have better chances!

16. Tuhis

Tuhis Member

Oshimen:
    Furuhata Nao
    Can't you apply for both categories?

17. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    No. Aside from enpou, mobile, and fan club, you can only apply once. ippan and women's seat lottery is at the same time.

18. Roxas04

Roxas04 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yabukinako
    Twitter:
    JeremyRoxas04
    Hello guys ! :)

I will go to Tokyo from April 18th to April 24th the next year 2018.

I would want to see AKB48 in their theater in the Don Quijote building.

But, I am disabled and I am on a wheelchair ! :(

Fortunately, I found a forum especially for the disabled who want to go to Japan like me !

'Accessible Japan' is the name of this very usefull forum !

I suppose that you know it guys ! ;)

I asked them for the accessibility in the Don Quijote building.

And yes !

They explained me a lot of thing that I didn't know !

In the back entrance of the Don Quijote, there is an elevator that I can take.

The staff in the Don Quijote can help me to reach the 8th floor.

' Accessible Japan' explained me also that I will can be in the theater iself WITH my wheelchair !

So, for the accessibility, it is ok !

But, it remains me a little question...

I know since very recently to get a ticket, it is necessary to pass by the lotery system for it.

And so, here is my question :

How to do to book, without passing by the lotery system (if it is possible) ?

I would like to attend a Team B performance if possible for three people (me, my dad and my mum).

Is there an AKB48 staff email address ?

Guys, do you know an email address of AKB48 staff where I would can ask them the question ?

Thank you so much ! ^^

See you soon ! :)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2017
  19. Nieru

Nieru Kenkyuusei

20. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    @Roxas04

Indeed there are elevators at the rear of the Donki, and I am sure they would be happy to assist you in getting to the 8th floor. In that respect, both the 8th floor and the theater itself are very accessible.

As for getting into a show, I would imagine you would still need to go through the normal lottery process via the 48-group ticket center. It is possible to apply "renban" which means as a group of two or more. So you could apply along with your parents, but each of you names and birthdates would need to be on the application. This is easier explained once you have a ticket center account.

As for any special accommodations to be made regarding obtaining a ticket, or from what vantage point you could watch from if you won, I do not know. However, it would probably be easier if you had a Japanese speaker discuss those questions with the group staff.