1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

SEO48? Create a new group brainstorm

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by kenchanayoh, Mar 6, 2015.

1. kenchanayoh

kenchanayoh Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    This is just a fun discussion. Just where to put a domestic or international group. Doesn't have to be a theater group, could be another rival, or like a traveling team 8 group. Could be cafe waitresses 48 if you want.

I would like that Seoul48, just because I could send Myao there. It would be hilarious and I think it would really relaunch her popularity.

Also, I wouldn't mind a traveling JPN47 group made from the Toyota team 8. Heck they can call them toy47.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mockingrayy

mockingrayy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I don't know... beside I'm not a K-Pop fan, I think the vibe of Korean girl will be the same with our girls from Shanghai, only the language make a difference even people there are very hectic about 'idol' thing like in Japan, but the question is, did the Korean people will welcome with this Japan "product" like what happen in Shanghai previously, fortunetly the condition more better now.

My stupid or I can say a brilliant suggest for Aki-p if he wants to make a new overseas sister, will be good in Thailand, India (will be Interesting) or... Australia lol

• Like Like x 1
  3. parousia

parousia Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    teppen_48
    With how oversaturated the Kpop- Korean industry in general, I'd rather 48G not making any sister groups in there.

4. pacmanamcap

pacmanamcap Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    imamuramaria
    I my opinion they shouldn´t expand outside Japan at all.
    If JKT and SNH work, fine.
    But to really have a stand in the Eruozone or in the Central/Northamerican market, they are unqualified.

For instance EUR48:
    we have 40 or something countries in Europe alone, we don´t like us ourselfes each other.
    Record sales in europe (Germany for sure) are low, several years ago they lowered the bar from 250k to 150k singles to get a golden record as an award.
    Now streams are counted too.
    Singles cost 3€ in Germany, we had an attempt a few years ago with different versions of the same album, like cheap edition without a booklet for the same price as an itunes-download, a better version with booklet for 13€ and maybe a premium one.
    The better and premium came with some additional tracks.
    Noone liked it, so we don´t have that anymore.

And with the rise of streaming services like watchever and spotify etc record sales decline even more.
    There´s more money to be made in merch and through live-gigs. But they are always on the edge of profitability.
    But without that, they would even sell less discs and downloads.

Major stars are a bit excluded, but this goes for them too.

Plus we have the language barrier in Europe, english is understood (or popular) more or less everywhere.

The behavior is also very different:
    in european showbiz you gotta have the occasional acidential nip slip, you gotta go to the djunglecamp or into the Big Brother show once a year, or you are not being talked about.

We tried Girlgroups from the mid-90s to mid 00s, but that didn´t last (except for England, but except Girls Aloud, what is there?).
    Germany´s FUNKY DIAMONDS were even in Japan, because the were idolish.
    http://www.myvideo.de/watch/8871401/Funky_Diamonds_I_know_that_you_want_me_1997

if the video does not show watch the video here

In conclusion: I think we only have bitches and trash.
    I can´t stand it anymore.
    Real bands excluded from that harsh comment, I really liked the Cardigans and some other bands, but they are not so often to be seen.

5. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

No way they could do it in a western country I don't think. The idol thing doesn't work if you are not the full package. Look cute, dance high standard...and can All sing Well. It would be an embarrassment if AKB were to sing live with European/US peers.

I cant stand K-pop, no matter how many times I have tried to watch it. Every song sound exactly the same, the dance routines seem all the same...and the soft focus is annoying.

However I think Thailand would work.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Crossheart

Crossheart Member

Oshimen:
    Amaki Sally
    Twitter:
    rom_ch22
    Now that it mentioned... like 9 years ago, a group of otakus with money TRIED to make an idol group here in Mexico!!!
    I don't remember the name of the group, but the last thing that i knew about them was in 2009 and were they still active then :^^;:

Outside that happening... i really don't know if something like that but made it good will work here (as a country), in the central region there's a important cultural mix, so probably there will happen something, but most of the girls band than were a thing were more vocal focused and in fact, there's no band that were dance focused, instead, most of the music here is focused in to have the audience dancing more than the artist. (Better not talk about what kind of dance)

But that's only in the central Mexico, in the southeast part well... better not talk (i live so far that i only know a few), but were i live, the north, northwest, even the mainstream music from the central region is not mainstream here, the "legacy of the northern music" is so strong here that most of the people didn't knows about other artists, and is so focused in have the audience dancing that leaves aside the quality of the songs... and for quality i mean the melody is not good, the vocals are worse, and the lyrics of most of the songs are the worst!!! but like it seems that "the music it's for dance, not for listening" well :fp:

7. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
    If 48 opened a branch in western country like USA and Europe, do you guys think that the love ban will be effective?

Opening a branch in Seoul is the same gamble as opening a branch in China, with the country's love hate relationship with Japan.
    Opening a branch in Taiwan is the most possible thing, it can work as a 'bridge' between China and Japan.
    And maybe opening a branch in Thailand? There 48 group can battle the K-pop wave again, just like what they trying to do in Indonesia

I remember several people trying to open fake sister group in Indonesia, Salatiga48 and Bandung48 if i recalled correctly. They have the fan page, updated with information on the audition, phone numbers, fake profile picture. Without an official confirmation/news, of course no one believes them

• Like Like x 1
  8. mayuoshiri

mayuoshiri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    watanabemayu
    I've thought about SEO48 before, and I don't think they would become too mainstream. They would probably be considered an indie idol group. The 48 concept doesn't fit the K-pop concept. Unless you want to see a ton of young girls with plastic surgery and 5 years of training, then yeah, SEO48 would be a great idea.

I don't think a western group would be successful either. Have any of you heard of the girl group Girl Radical? They are supposed to be an "American version" of AKB48. Their concept is having a bunch of members and that's about it. They aren't successful.

I agree with the comment above, maybe having JKT sister groups from other parts of Indonesia would be a more successful idea. Having a sister group in Singapore would be a better idea because they would perform 48 group songs in English, but without having to expand in a western country.

Idk this is just my opinion

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  9. Christian

Christian Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I think a big reason why there is no SEO48 is that Kpop is so much more popular than Jpop and so, SEO48 could become more popular than AKB48.

A few months ago, I read the abstract of a paper in an scientific journal, arguing that Korea needs a group like AKB48 and that the Korean pop industry should copy and improve the concept. (김기덕, 최석호 (2014): Analysis of Success Case of Japanese National Idol Group “AKB48” and Implication on Idol K-Pop (일본의 국민적 아이돌그룹 AKB48의 성공사례분석과 아이돌 K-Pop에의 시사점 연구). DBpia. 아시아문화연구 (Asian Culture Studies, 34), Pp. 5-59)

Another reason why there is no SEO48 is probably money, which is the main focus of the pop industry. Japan is the 2nd biggest music market in the world, so actually, there is no need to go international. However, Aki-P also made JKT and SNH. In the past year, only two countries had continous growth rates in the music industry: Korea and China. While Korea is already the 10th biggest music market, passing several countries every year. The rest of the world is tremendously in decline. But then, paying about 48 girls, setting up some management positions, renting a theatre is expensive and no one knows for sure if the concept would be accepted.

10. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
  11. Togasaki

Togasaki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shimazakiharuka
    I think SEO48 would be a gret idea. If only to promote cultural exchange and mutual understanding. I think it would be a good way for peace promotion.

12. Kuchi-Chan

Kuchi-Chan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Minami
    Twitter:
    KokorinDesu
    I'd love a French idol group~ hehe~ I've always dreamed of starting one and creating it's very own 1st stage~

• Like Like x 1
  13. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
  14. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Who said I wanted to squash conversation? Did I say that? Just pointing out the circular and pointless argument that ensued the last time this question was presented in a thread.

15. jimmyonishi

jimmyonishi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    katorena
    Isn't Manila48 next according to the announcement article for NGT48?

• Like Like x 1
  16. technosworld

technosworld Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    furuhatanao
    Am I the only one who read SEO as Search Engine Optimization or am I too much of a computer geek?

17. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Yeah, me too. I got really confused - search engine optimization or Seoul?

18. SorrowAir

SorrowAir Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    I think 48 should target the SEA market first.

+ When it comes to Western countries, their best chance will probably be Germany and France, at least from my limited observation, those 2 countries are more open-minded when it comes to Japan.
    To add to that, Germany and France got strong music market, even if GER48 or FRC48 only achieve niche popularity, it can sustain.

As for UK.... I think Rock group would work better there, so leave it to J-Rock or J-Metal.
    ... Second thought... One Direction...

19. Selinie

Selinie Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    xujiaqi
    I am more of a KPOP/CPOP fan than a JPOP fan, so I will try not to be biased in my upcoming opinions.
    I have always thought of AKB48 as interesting because of their elections and hilarious variety shows, so I'm all in for a Seoul48.
    Because KPOP idols are polished and trained, I am expecting SEO48 to beat Japan48 in every category - dancing (especially), singing, and rapping.
    From what I have experienced, Japan focuses more on variety and cuteness instead of talent and skills when it comes to their idols.
    Take Mio for example. That girl cannot carry a note (and I don't think she is pretty either), but she passed the auditions just fine and even made it to HKT senbatsu.
    That just amazes me.
    I think idol culture is different. Korea takes idols very seriously; auditionees ACTUALLY WANT to become idols. Japan sees being an idol just as a stepping point to being a singer or actor. China is a mixture of both. There are those who love being idols and those who use it as the start of the entertainment industry.

But to sum it all up, if SEO48 ever happens, they better be good at synchronized dancing and have a little more talent in singing and rapping than Japan48 or they will be the laughingstock of the whole KPOP universe.

20. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

international groups don't get original songs so i could care less about whether one is happening or not. I just think of them as cosplayers.