1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sexuality Roundup: How do YOU identify?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by MecchaMelon, Apr 4, 2011.

?

How do you identify?

1. Male, 1 - Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual

17 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. Male, 0 - Exclusively heterosexual

79 vote(s)
    26.4%
  3. Male, 2 - Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Male, 3 - Equally heterosexual and homosexual.

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  5. Male, 4 - Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual

3 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. Male, 5 - Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual

12 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. Male, 6 - Exclusively homosexual

23 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. Male, X - Asexual, Non-Sexual

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  9. Female, 0 - Exclusively heterosexual

25 vote(s)
    8.4%
  10. Female, 1 - Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual

25 vote(s)
    8.4%
  11. Female, 2 - Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual

15 vote(s)
    5.0%
  12. Female, 3 - Equally heterosexual and homosexual.

19 vote(s)
    6.4%
  13. Female, 4 - Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual

21 vote(s)
    7.0%
  14. Female, 5 - Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual

18 vote(s)
    6.0%
  15. Female, 6 - Exclusively homosexual

17 vote(s)
    5.7%
  16. Female, X - Asexual, Non-Sexual

14 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. MecchaMelon

MecchaMelon Kenkyuusei

Based on a discussion in the post dump thread, I thought it'd be interesting to see what sort of AGayB contingent we have here on s48. [hehe]

I'm basing the poll off of the Kinsey scale, since sometimes straight/bi/gay isn't really specific enough. :3 When it comes to "incidences" of homo- or heterosexuality, it can just be times you've been attracted to that gender. Let me know if the options don't make sense! XD Select the option relating to the gender you identify as, obviously. ...Yup. :D

[update] Click here to have each option explained! (thanks, 55Cyanides!)

2. Meroron♥

Meroron♥ Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ogumatsugumi
    OMG THANKS FOR A BUNCH OF OPTIONS

lulz my sexuality confuses the hell out of me, so this made things much easier xDDDD

wasn't sure between 3 and 4, ended up going for 4. probably too early for me to give a final veredict though xDD

3. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

Was thinking between 2 and 3... I went for 2 =/ Though that might be wrong, actually 3 sounds like the better choice for me =___=

I REALLY wanted to choose X though. Asexual :awesome:

4. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I went for a full-on 6. Just because I've (somehow) yet to come across an 'incident.'

5. Rin

Rin Kenkyuusei

Yes, it does. Why are you guys making me question my sexuality? :lol: I was going to pick 0, but I ended up picking 1 and I'm not sure if my fangirling over the girls counts or not. :XD:

6. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

aww Meccha this is a seriously good thread ♥.
    I think 4 is a good indicator of where I stand. u_______u

come on Terriiiiiii. Think of Pi. Think of Takeru wwwwwwwww

One thing I would like to point out here is that lesbians are not 1)there only to titillate straight men's fantasies or 2)men wannabees. I'm a girl, I'm perfectly happy with being a girl, I look like a girl, I like girls who like being girls and look like girls, it's as simple as this. Some of the comments about homosexuality I've seen around recently from some recent users have quite hurt me even though I decided not to reply to most of them, so please keep your mind open and try to think about people's feelings okay? ^^;;;;

7. AikyiTaizne

AikyiTaizne Kenkyuusei

www that's exactly why I still don't know what to choose xD

I can think of just as many guys I drool over as girls :drool:
    I think Meccha, you should make it so we can change our choices, cause I'm sure people would like to make revisions over time <3 <3

(Why are we laughing in japanese? :awesome: ww)

The only thing is, there aren't any guys that I go as crazy over as Mayu or Sayamina, so i don't know =X

8. chiyuki

chiyuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino
    I'm actually taking a human sexualities class right now, and we learned this scale. When my instructor first showed it to the class, I thought was around 1? Haha, because I fangirl over AKB so much. But then my instructor was explaining it and said that if you're 1, you'd be stuck in this kind of situation for example: you're at a bar, and you meet this girl who's sitting next to you. You guys get to know each other, talk, and drink. You don't really have any feelings toward her. It's just like your friend. But if you guys both get really drunk, you wouldn't really care if anything really happened between you two that night if anything did happen.

And because of that, I chose a 0. As much as I fangirl over AKB, even my unconsciousness would know better not to fool around with the same sex. I've been raised like that throughout my whole childhood. So, I know I'm 100% straight. I still love AKB, though, just on different terms.

9. kirakirahanabi

kirakirahanabi Kenkyuusei

*highfives RSL* Yeah, I'm in the same camp, I just don't know of an encounter in which I would. Which makes me think of the episode of Skins with Sketch...bahahaha.

Also, totally random but whenever I see/hear someone claim asexuality, I just imagine them budding another them XD

10. issa

issa Kenkyuusei

I went for 5.
    Sometimes I feel a bit asexual too. :fear:
    But mostly very gay.
    :D

11. mitsubachi

mitsubachi Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Isogai Kanon
    Mostly I'm heterosexual, but caught myself on that I could be bisexual

just i love Jason Statham!! he is so cool!

12. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Yeah. I'm still not sure of my sexuality. I feel mostly asexual, although exclusively heterosexual other times. Or if this poll refers to a gender you're sexually interested in, not romantically, then most likely asexual. 8D

13. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    I said 4. When people ask me, I say I'm straight, though. idk man. idk.
    It's like, I mainly think about dating guys but I'm not as physically attracted to guys. Like, at all. Looking at guys doesn't do much for me. I'm way more physically attracted to girls @____@
    I think I'll end up with a guy in the end, but I'm not opposed to being with a girl? Doesn't matter to me, just matters who I end up falling in love with. (Though maybe this has to do with the fact that I'm in love with a guy right now and would ideally want to end up with him specifically...? XD)

I was trying to explain this to somebody recently but it got kind of complicated. I'm more physically attracted to girls but more emotionally attracted to guys... girls are way better looking but I'm a guyish creep (in my behaviour since I look like a girly girl) so I'd rather spend time around boys and thus am more likely to crush on them? But the physical attraction kind of outweighs everything since I hate everybody and don't get emotionally attracted as often.

Yup.

When people ask, I say I'm straight. I hate the word bisexual and I'd just rather not complicate things. I'm open about my sexuality in that I don't HIDE it, I just don't like being associated with ~bisexual teens~ and don't think anybody around me really needs to be concerned with my sexuality anyways ._.
    Also because the girls I sit with at lunch keep saying they want to sleep with me I'm like NO YOU'RE GROSS ;_;

Edit: so Julia's sitting next to me and I pointed out how I wrote all this and was like "I can't give a straight answer" and she was like "...STRAIGHT :awesome: " and I was like OH NO and felt the need to edit that in.

14. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

this. *nods*
    Love is the most important thing. I feel that there is so little love in this world, that when it comes around it's like a little miracle and we shouldn't give up on it because of labels and whatever. watch me turn into Domoto Tsuyoshi and soapbox-preach about love, mothers and the deers of Nara.

I can relate to that *sigh* because people still think that people who are attracted POTENTIALLY to both men and women are just sex-hungry beasts and therefore they have to be kept at a distance >__>;;
    (well that's what most people here think about homosexual people too. But I kinda feel in their mind bisexuals are worse because they just "grab anything they can get" :fp: )
    That's why I usually don't talk much about my sexuality to people I don't know more than well, especially girls. I am always afraid they'd reject my company for fear I might jump on them, while I am definitely not that kind of person (and moreover I'm so much in love right now that Sae could ask me to spend the night together and I can in full conscience say I'd turn her down XD.)
    But when I'm with my girlfriend we hold hands and stuff so it's kinda clear we're together, so it's not like I'm hiding it either? XD;; I dunno. It's really hard to live in the same nation as the Pope if you're not 100% straight.

I LOLLED

15. Kinenbi

Kinenbi Member Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    kinenbi
    I ranked myself as a 3. It was a long road to get myself to even admit that I was bisexual, but now that I can I don't mind ranking myself. I wasn't comfortable with that thought until I was already 23, so...yeah.

Wendychi: Don't be afraid to say what you think you are just because people will "judge" you. I liked girls when I was in high school, but I did not associate myself with the attention starved wannabes. My friends knew I liked girls as well, but that I Just like guys a 'little more'.

Blah blah, I'm trying to give advice but suck at it [shake].

16. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    ^
    ^ Omg girls used to avoid me if I said I was bisexual, I get it DDD:
    Also my mom was like disgusted when I said I was bisexual too because she was like "does this mean you're gonna sleep with guys and girls at the same time" and I'm like ...WHAT IS THIS MENTALITY .___.
    also also kids who are bisexual tend to tell everybody they're bisexual and act really annoyingly open about it (cough cough the kids I sit with at lunch who are always like I'M ~BISEXUAL~)

^ I'm not afraid really, I just get annoyed when people talk to me about my sexuality. I don't want it to be a conversation starter so I'm like "I'm straight, get off my back." people I actually like being around know my sexuality XD It's just not something I feel the need to declare.

Though just adding to my last post, people say I can't say I'm any sexuality because I'm a virgin and never date anybody so .______.;;; I'm always like THAT'S MEAN ;_____; because it feels like they're talking down to me. D:
    I've fallen in love and I'm like, kind of romantically involved with Julia so it's not like that pure or anything x_x

17. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

what is this bullshit o_o.

18. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    I KNOW RIGHT. ;_;

19. Rin

Rin Kenkyuusei

Is it all of a sudden cool to let everyone know you're bisexual? [hehe]

That's so ridiculous. I think people can still declare what their sexuality is even if they didn't date before. Although I've never dated or liked anyone before so does that mean I can't claim what sexuality I am? :lol: You guys were discussing attraction and love earlier and now I'm confused. Isn't sexuality mostly about physical attraction. Love is something else right? Yea... says the girl who has never dated or liked anyone before... :^^;:

20. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira
    ^ Apparently it is. I find it really attention whorish because now it's a thing ._____.

also idk, I think love has to do with sexuality but iiiiiidk. I feel hesitant talking about this stuff because I'm not very experienced. @_@