1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Sexuality Roundup: How do YOU identify?

Discussion in 'The STAGE48 Lobby' started by MecchaMelon, Apr 4, 2011.

?

How do you identify?

1. Male, 1 - Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual

17 vote(s)
    5.7%
  2. Male, 0 - Exclusively heterosexual

79 vote(s)
    26.4%
  3. Male, 2 - Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual

8 vote(s)
    2.7%
  4. Male, 3 - Equally heterosexual and homosexual.

1 vote(s)
    0.3%
  5. Male, 4 - Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual

3 vote(s)
    1.0%
  6. Male, 5 - Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual

12 vote(s)
    4.0%
  7. Male, 6 - Exclusively homosexual

23 vote(s)
    7.7%
  8. Male, X - Asexual, Non-Sexual

2 vote(s)
    0.7%
  9. Female, 0 - Exclusively heterosexual

25 vote(s)
    8.4%
  10. Female, 1 - Predominantly heterosexual, only incidentally homosexual

25 vote(s)
    8.4%
  11. Female, 2 - Predominantly heterosexual, but more than incidentally homosexual

15 vote(s)
    5.0%
  12. Female, 3 - Equally heterosexual and homosexual.

19 vote(s)
    6.4%
  13. Female, 4 - Predominantly homosexual, but more than incidentally heterosexual

21 vote(s)
    7.0%
  14. Female, 5 - Predominantly homosexual, only incidentally heterosexual

18 vote(s)
    6.0%
  15. Female, 6 - Exclusively homosexual

17 vote(s)
    5.7%
  16. Female, X - Asexual, Non-Sexual

14 vote(s)
    4.7%
  1. kerukeru

kerukeru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirata Rina
    ^ Yeah, it's definitely one of those things that happens everywhere, as sad as that is. I just pointed it out because, for a while, it totally surprised me that it seemed so prominent among a community who is constantly fawning over girls being affectionate with each other :XD: It's super good to know it's not like this everywhere, though! I feel very relieved now!

2. risou

risou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura
    ^
    Thank you for your kind words.
    The situation is indeed very complex. I wish I could give an advice or something but with my knowledge and experience, I'm incapable of grasping the full extent of the situation.
    I think however, despite the difficulties, by choosing to be socially involved, you contributed to the development of a better Japan, away from the faulty prejudices.
    This is because research shows that exposure helps fight against outgroup prejudices.
    This is not to say you shouldn't leave the online group. Sometimes, some people are simply not ready for the truth. Sometimes, more subtle and indirect approach is better.
    Unfortunately, I have no idea what the best method is.
    Regardless, I think you contributed more than enough already.
    All we can do now is wait.

It still pains me to see this "racial science (genetic determinism)" from the Meiji era echoing today.

ps. Why is your English flawless? Were you born in an English speaking country?

3. kerukeru

kerukeru Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Hirata Rina
    ^ You're welcome! And thank you for being so friendly and willing to learn! It's sometimes difficult to give advice on these topics, but the fact that you and others were willing to lend an ear about the situation really warms my heart :blush:

Thank you very much for saying that! One day, I fully believe we'll have escaped all types of bigotry, not only in Japan, but everywhere else, too! This thread has certainly rekindled the passion I had for activism [hehe] I won't leave my online group yet, and next time a joke gets made, I think I'll step up and ask them not to do that anymore. I'm a bit of a cowardly person, but if I can change even one mind by speaking up, then I'm willing to be a bit braver!

Everyone on this website is so kind! Let's all continue to support our favourite idols, and to make the world a better place! <3

ps. Thank you! I'm a returnee (hence why Hirari is my oshimen- I can relate to her!), and I spent most of my childhood in Canada! So I became pretty proficient in it from living in a country that mostly spoke English.

4. risou

risou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyawakisakura

It was my pleasure. I think everyone should work together to tackle social problems, even if it doesn't affect them directly.
    I didn't mention this before but I think one of the problems is diving sexuality into a non-continual scale of: homo/heterosexuality. When in fact, like extroversion vs introversion, most people fall somewhere in between.
    Popular media rarely mentions this.
    For example, the film 300, doesn't show or imply Spartans being involved in homosexual relations. Most Roman films/dramas neglect this aspect or portray it only in some perverse ways involving orgies.
    In Japan, NHK Taiga dramas often changes samurais/daimyos' sexuality into heterosexual monogamy.

Your comment about supporting our idols and making the world better, I think there is much depth in that comment.
    This is because pop culture has tremendous power to change society for the better or worse.
    For example, the Korean drama Winter Sonata, played a pivotal role reducing the anti-Korean sentiments by starting the Hallyu Wave in Japan. Whereas Japanese anime aided greatly in reducing anti-Japanese sentiments in Korea and China.

I'm so jealous that you can use Japanese and English flawlessly. I was born in Korea, but my Korean had degraded to the point that many academic books are simply inaccessible.
    As for my Japanese, dramas like Legal High (starting Sakai Masato), is beyond reach.

5. howling

howling Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aigasamoe
    I'm an exclusive homosexual girl and I'm currently engaged to the love of my life and happy she lets me wota out :3 I picked a keeper there! ^^

I didn't have any bad experiences growing up (I always knew I was different and my parents figured it out before i did to be fair). It's mostly in the work place I hear discrimination but I choose to ignore it!

6. Waterdance

Waterdance Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Yoshida Akari
    I consider myself bi, eventhough I like girls way more than boys. I do find some men attractive, but it would be hard for me to date them.

7. momo

momo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nagahama Neru
    I knew I was at least bisexual at the age of 9 but now I fully identify as gay. Happily together with my girlfriend, heh! Here in Sweden people don't really come out of the closet that abruptly, most of us are pretty chill with all types of sexualities and therefore I can't really remember when I came out officially.
    Pretty terrified however because controversial views such as racism, homophobia and xenophobia (especially against muslims) are on the rise again due to a certain political party. So it rarely feels ok to even kiss in public, sadly.

8. Riina

Riina Future Girls

Twitter:
    48Riina
    I've really been struggling to rate myself for this poll, somehow [hehe] Normally I just identify myself as a lesbian, and it's been so for a few years, but when I was younger (early teens) I used to date guys, and to this day I am not sure if it was just before my sexuality completely shaped, or if I'm just 99% lesbian :lol: So I rated myself as a 5 this time, but might as well be a 6 :^^;: Maybe only time will tell...

9. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88
    I can't remember when (and why lol) I voted my answer here (Female - 2) but I've been really, really confused for a very long time (and still am) lol. I believe I am heterosexual, but recently it has come to me that I can be attracted to girls.This is not something I'm gonna openly talk to people in real life though, except to this one friend I have who is fortunately very open-minded (and claims she is pansexual haha). We kinda joke about this all the time, especially when we go out together and use GPS then the navigation tells us to "Go straight" lol, and we're like "But, but, but are we even straight??" haha.

As fo the bias and prejudice against homosexual, I guess I still have the implicit bias on me (what can I say, I grow up with it) but I'm learning to put it off. Love is universal, after all.<3

10. Husky

Husky Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    gotomoe
    there are some threads about speculations who might be gay in AKB48 and some of you wrote, that you are les yourself. Therefor I wonder how many of us are here. (I hope this topic is not too private;) )
    Btw I always loved very feminine girls, but lately I am more and more interested in Momoka and I am really happy that Nana cut her hair.
    I wonder what attracted you to your oshi:)

I didn't realise we have such a topic, so I understand you removed mine, but still... I wish that girls who like other girls more then men, have a separete thread. Is there someone who has that wish as well?:) well, if no, it's ok to be just this place to talk about it.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 26, 2016
  11. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I understand it as "Wouldn't be mad if woke up next to a guy/girl after a night of partying" lol

12. Midsummer Rain

Midsummer Rain Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Watanabe Risa
    Oh, interesting thread.

I'm an ace female. People always think I'm sexual and hetero. They can't tell my sexuality for many reasons.

I'm from a conservative family and shy (around people that I'm not close, that is), so no one find it weird that I've never dated. I'm feminine and frangile, cute looking (as in people want to coo over me). I look younger than my age and I sound adorable (my teacher said so, lol). People tend to associate these characteristics with heterosexuality (feminine = hetero; buntch = lesbian). I also adore romance (books, movies, music, etc). Another thing is that I act sexual. Like, I do get flustered when I see someone beautiful, I like to read smut and I also say things like "oh, this guy is super cute" and "he's such a nice person. I would be lucky to have him" and "he is super sexy and hot - I almost drooled". When I compliment girls in the same way people still think I'm hetero because it's acceptable and not weird when a girl praises another girl.

In reality, I have no interest in having sex. I find a lot of people really beautiful, but I don't want to sleep with them.

I hope this makes sense. I'm sleepy. lol

13. Megumibex

Megumibex Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    I don't really know what I am, but if people ask me I say I'm bisexual. I'm not a huge fan of that label though because some people make assumptions based on it.

14. stormy

stormy Kenkyuusei

Wow -- interesting reading...

I'm quite older than a large portion of this board probably (in some cases, damned close to 2 gens older). But I did my experimenting and declaring and waffling and all the things young people do when you're hot, in shape, and horny... and at the same, consumed by questions -- which to this day I'm grateful was the roll of the die, vs. some closeted, insufferable, insecure hypocrite like some of the loudest voices on the web...

When I began to explore... it was in a way less tolerant day (even vs. the flailing kraken kaijuu Trumpwreck of now). I was in the military, and you could still be sent to prison for homosexual acts, even if it was a rumor substantiated only by corroboration. So those of us LGBT (Q, I, & A were either not allowed in physically, or wasn't threatening) had to be extremely down low. And those of you who have no connection to mil, let me tell you that there were a *lot* more LGBT in uniform than you think. Plus we were all in shape -- most of us, in the best shape of our whole lives -- so it was amaaazing. :hehe:

When you have years of screw up, try again, screw up, and try over and over until you finally get some semblance of a clue... it tends to season your tendencies to judge. So many interesting, tragic, inspiring, wondrous souls I've met, vast majority of which were LGBTQIA. I began to compete at karaoke, due to hanging out with Family and allies. I've gotten contacts and inside lines for career moves not possible, had I not befriended those who were either allies of LGBTQIA, or Family. And of course, I met my wife as a member of the community, both of us weary of dating. We still allow for our individual preferences, as long as we consult each other about them, like adults...

Single, I was bi maybe 60/40 xx vs. xy. Now that I'm married, it's more like 90/10. But it all depends on my mood. She's always been bi about 80/20, and never expected to marry a guy. But it's worked for a long time now, and we sincerely hope those of you who're still wondering where you are on the spectrum... that you'd both jump early into the deep end and entwine behinds to find out, *and* don't freak out about it, let things self-assemble. Either, when the situation calls for it. It'll help y'all avoid the painful, self-loathing, serpentine paths my bride and I took to find our answer. <3

15. JTanaka

JTanaka Kenkyuusei

:1st: Male - 5, giant homo in da house :1st:

16. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    Female, 4. I'd date both male and female but the sexual part would require the romantic part in males (at least for now), so I'm generally more attracted to girls.

17. tangminhime

tangminhime Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    zengyanfen
    I'm genderqueer and I like girls.

I have a boyfriend, but that's just one incident.

He still loves me and I love him despite the fact that he's not a girl...lmao

18. moko

moko Kenkyuusei

I went with female 4. I've identified as a lesbian for most of my youth but recently I've gotten a few crushes on guys. I've discovered that im demisexual but I tend to be more emotionally, and definitely aesthetically attracted to females. This is all very strange for me because before I started crushing on guys I never felt sexual attraction to anyone, only emotional. Then again I never got close enough to my female crushes back then for that spark to happen. I was one of those "when will senpai notice me" girls, you know the ones. I didnt really have guy friends back then and im not aesthetically attracted to males. In general the process is more difficult for me when it comes to getting feelings for a guy, and this was impossible to overcome during my high school days. So i believe that I've always been bisexual demisexual and just didnt know it. But I'm probs gonna marry a girl.

19. jiinatsu

jiinatsu Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuokanatsumi
    Female, 4.
    I always considered myself straight, having crushes only on boys and dreaming of getting married to a male, until I was around 14/15, when I was watching a movie with a friend at another friend's house, and had a strong urge to kiss her (never did). In the previous year, I've been identifying as "whatever happens, happens", but my attraction to females has grown stronger at the same time; my first kiss was with a girl, and whenever I get drunk at parties, I end up making out with girls and staying away from other sexes :lol:. I even had a boyfriend for a few months, but realised the relationship was going nowhere and my interest in girls was only getting stronger, so I broke up with him (he was inconsiderate anyway). I'm working up the courage to tell my parents about my orientation (my mum keeps mentioning how she'd prefer one of her children to be gay, whilst my dad is an old, white man to the core and lives in the 1700s) and next February, I'm going to Pride with some of my closest friends.

20. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

Could have sworn I had already responded here lol. Oh well.

Male, 0 here.