1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Shibuya Nagisa (Nagisa) / 4th Generation

Discussion in 'NMB48 Graduated Members' started by HoneyRoastedPeanuts, May 2, 2013.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yeah, I understand where you come from.
    It's the same worry I have with AKB. They've been pushing Paruru for a long time and she's 20 already, same age as Mayuyu, and there's a kinda big gap between the two of them. Same goes for Sayanee.
    And by the time they leave, Kojimako will be 20 too (or older), so... yeah.

Still, I think Nagisa's push comes more from AKB than from NMB (except for the senbatsu position she has there) with the whole Tentoumu Chu! thing.
    We'll see how she fares this year. She'll hopefully rank next year and get some presents for management lol

2. Open_SaysaMe

Open_SaysaMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Twitter:
    Open_SaysaMe
    Hmmm dunno, actually Nagisa was center of Kamonegix' B-side before this whole Tentoumu Chu! business (actually it was with that song that I got interested in her). And I believe her push began there, since she was center of Bird in that KKS concert and yeah then there was the creation of Tentoumu Chu!. But as for her popularity in NMB, yeah I can't actually tell, unless there is an NMB SSK.
    Still I think she will rank next year and probably will keep on climbing the ranks (you can compare her with Yogi Keira no? Yogi Keira was also pushed and management gave up on her right on the next single, they decided she wasn't "good enough", and they didn't give up on Nagisa, instead they did a 3-center in AKB's B-side). Speaking of that B-side, I think it means something, the fact that she became center, along with Sayanee and Miyuki, instead of other girls like Nana, Fuuchan or Akarin.

But the age thing is really a problem, she was already "old" by the time she entered NMB, and as for her age now... Well if she does become NMB's ace one day, it won't be for too long (I doubt there will be another case like Mariko on G48's history, but we'll see). I guess that, in terms of age, Yabushita Shu would be a more safe push (I prefer Nagisa way more, though).

3. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    ^ I'm not sure what you're trying to say. Keira was a senbatsu fixture from Oh My God (NMB 2nd) until Kamonegix (NMB 8th). That's 2.5 years as senbatsu. She only got dropped by Takane no Ringo (NMB 9th).

What AKB B-side? Suzukake? The one where they had all the sister groups use a KKS as center? Why would Nana or Fuuchan or Akarin center that when they've been regular members for 3+ years?

Nagisa was also the center of the Namba Teppotai 4 in Kamonegix (NMB 8th) but it wasn't the main coupling song if that's what you're getting at. Previous Namba Teppotai centers were: Ripopo, Fuuchan, Keira and Miru. Are you saying Ripopo will become NMB center one day?

4. Open_SaysaMe

Open_SaysaMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Twitter:
    Open_SaysaMe
    ^I always felt like Keira was more of a "hole filler" (I wonder if it's that how it's said in English). Like there was someone missing in senbatsu so let's put Keira, because actually between Junjou U-19 and Bokura no Eureka there were some singles where she was not included. And I don't think that will be the case with Nagisa.

As for the KKS center, actually I wasn't remembering that those were the features of that single. Anyway they could have gone with Jo Eriko, but instead, chose Nagisa :p

As for your last sentence what I'm saying is that they don't choose some girl to be a center right from nowhere.... If those were all the previous centers you're just adding to my point. Ripopo, Fuuchan and Miru are all proeminent girls aren't they?? I would say Keira is the least but still she was a member of senbatsu as you just said. So they chose those members because they saw something special about them, and in fact they did become senbatsu, so if they actually chose Nagisa it's because they also see something about her too. That said, why not Nagisa being NMB center one day?

5. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    Jo just came back and was tired of the massive gori oshi and the corresponding criticism from her first run.

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if AKS manages to find Nagisa in AKB.
    I also don't think the top 2 of SayaMilky will change until they graduate. They are THE image of NMB.

6. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    You're going around in circles. Of course they choose the Teppotai center as the girl they want to push. It wouldn't make sense otherwise. What's more special about Nagisa over Fuuchan and Miru? Nagisa was double center with Saepii in Teppotai 4. Why are you not advocating that she be center?

7. Open_SaysaMe

Open_SaysaMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Twitter:
    Open_SaysaMe
    Hmmm probably because I prefer Nagisa and because I do see her as a potential center? If I thought about Saepii that way, it was in her thread that I would be saying this...
    And since all the push she's been getting, I do think probably management would make her center too, if it weren't for Sayanee and Miyuki (since lately what counts is the newest members in terms of gen).

8. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    ^ Then just say you like her and let's be done with it. Fuuchan and Miru were both Teppotai center (Miru twice) and are both younger than Nagisa. All your arguments for Nagisa work much better for either of them.

9. Open_SaysaMe

Open_SaysaMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Twitter:
    Open_SaysaMe
    ^Well I was just expressing my point of view. I'm not really into NMB's history, and both those girls are members that I don't follow so I didn't even know they have been center of anything before, but nowadays one of the NMB members I see everywhere is Nagisa, so yeah I thought she was a potential candidate for center. Fuuchan is also pretty popular, but Nagisa's had the bigger push, since she was even included in the unit Tentoumu Chu! (and yeah, I know Fuuchan is not a kks so she could never been put in that unit ;) ).

To sum up, it was my opinion but I was basing it on facts (at least as I saw them). I wouldn't dare to say this is gonna be the future of the NMB group since I'm a major follower of AKB48, not the sister groups, and even within AKB there's too many things I don't know. That was my opinion, that's all :)

10. zeroshiki

zeroshiki Member

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    ^ I'm not really trying to criticize your opinion. I apologize if it came out that way. Just that, since you follow AKB mainly you probably do think Nagisa is the future since she's been featured so heavily by AKB with the Tentoumuchu thing. However within NMB, she's not really that high up yet. There's no way she's leapfrogging over Sayaka/Milky/Nana unless something really significant happens and any future ace position is probably already occupied by Fuuchan/Miru who are both more popular and younger. I'm not saying she doesn't have a chance to be the future. I don't know what will happen in the next year. What I am saying is that calls for her to be center are right now, at best, misguided.

11. kobwad

kobwad Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    One thing that should be noted is Nagisa is one of the newest generation members, so people still have a fresh feeling about her. That's an advantage which Miru and Fuuko don't have. Nagisa is also a good performer capable of doing well in both cute song and cool song. I don't care about the center stuff but I do hope and think she will continue receiving pushes to become one of the core members of NMB.

12. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I think that concert was the beginning of Tentoumu Chu!, actually.
    The Three Musketeers and MeruMio had units where each of them centered + the five of them sang Skirt, Hirari.
    And then Nagisa with Bird... it was impossible not to get lost in her performance, IMO. I think she was the one that surprised me the most in that concert.
    Ryoha wasn't that noticeable, IMO, but whatever lol

Anyway, I just watched that Bird performance again and well. If Meru is called the 2nd Jurina, I'll call Nagisa the 2nd Sayanee. :hehe:

[​IMG]

There's FIERCENESS in that stare!!! :^O^:

I hope that someday they can W-center a cool song together. It would be so damn awesome. :cute:

13. Open_SaysaMe

Open_SaysaMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Twitter:
    Open_SaysaMe
    ^I loved that performance, actually it's one of my favorite versions of Bird!!!

14. MiyukiLove21

MiyukiLove21 Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    Milky4urHeart

if the video does not show watch the video here

Teppen Radio Milky and Nagisa Credit to uploader

15. MiyukiLove21

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    Milky4urHeart
    Shibuya Nagisa 14/06/11 Google+ Post English Translation
    6:34

おはなぎ♡
    Good morning♡

さえぴーさんと、ゆいさんと
    朝ごはん食べたよ♪
    I ate breakfast with
    Saepii-san and Yui-san♪

もう、おなかぽんぽんや〜!(笑)
    My stomach is full♪

皆さんは、ちゃんと朝ごはん食べましたか?♡
    Everyone, did you properly ate breakfast?♡

[​IMG]

20:45

ただいまっ♪
    I’m home♪

そして、今日は、Bll公演で、はるなさんの生誕祭でした♡
    And also, Today’s BII Kouen was Haruna-san’s Seitansai♡

はるなさん、おめでとうございます(o^^o)♡
    Haruna-san, congratulations(o^^o)♡

はるなさん。いい女やなあ。(笑)
    Haruna-san is a good woman(笑)

ちなみに、私はいま、キムチ食べてるよ〜♡
    By the way, I’m eating Kimchi right now〜♡

皆さんは、何してるの?♡
    Everyone, what are you doing?♡

[​IMG]

11:00 PM

しゅうちゃんが、
    『なぎさに会いたい』って
    ぐぐたすに書いてくれてたから、可愛く
    『はーい!♡』ってメールしたら
    『もうええわ(笑)』てきて、
    挙句の果てには『はよねろ(笑)』って言われたのでもう寝ます。(笑)
    Shuu-chan
    wrote on Gugutasu that
    she wanted to meet with me,
    so I sent her a cute “Oka-y!♡” mail,
    and “Forget about it (笑)” mail came,
    I’ll go to sleep because at the end she said “‘I’m going to sleep quickly(笑)”

くそがきー!!!(笑)
    Kusogakiー!!!(笑)

では皆さん、おやなぎなさい(o^^o)♡♡
    Okay then everyone, good night(o^^o)♡♡

あ!明日、ちゃんと起きれますように!♪(笑)
    Ah! I hope that I can properly wake up tomorrow!♪(笑)

[​IMG]

Credit to http://masssterchief.tumblr.com/post/88485577888/shibuya-nagisa-14-06-11-google-post-english

16. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    NMB hasn't pushed anyone that strongly since Jo buckled under all the pressure. Every single member that's currently in the senbatsu has more or less worked their way up on their own and has been rewarded accordingly with a place in senbatsu/Teppoutai center. Nagisa's push actually more or less began during the first of the two tours last year because she was the most popular KKS in terms of her (photos being sold out? I believe). She was chosen as part of the tour senbatsu for one of the dates but couldn't make it because she fell ill. We also had the budokan concert, then Teppoutai, and now senbatsu. It's been very gradual and they're treating her delicately. Her push in AKB is a separate thing on its own, it doesn't really affect her activities in NMB. (She rarely appeared in their media until she made senbatsu, and is now finally getting some media work with the rest of their members).

Could she be center eventually? Yeah, it's just that they're not gonna force it when there are other more popular and or younger members around. There's no need to force it.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  17. MiyukiLove21

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    Milky4urHeart
    Shibuya Nagisa 14/06/12 Google+ Post English Translation
    5:10

おはなぎ♡
    Good morning♡

まだまだ、眠いなあ(´-`).。oO(
    I’m still sleepy(´-`).。oO(

いま、文字打ちながらうとうとしてるよ〜(笑)
    I’m dozing off when typing the text right now〜(笑)

起きろ〜!♡(笑)
    Wake up〜!♡(笑)

[​IMG]

16:29

チーム4公演♡
    Team 4 Kouen♡

あー!よっしゃいくぞー!!!(笑)
    Aー!Okay let’s goー!!!(笑)

[​IMG]

20:18

チーム4公演終わったよー♡
    Team 4 Kouen has endedー♡

そして今日は、ゆりなちゃんの生誕祭でしたー!!!
    And also today was Yurina-chan’s Seitansaiー!!!

ゆりなちゃん、おめでとう(o^^o)♡
    Yurina-chan, congratulations(o^^o)♡

ゆりなちゃんは、めっちゃ優しくっていっつもよくお話してて、
    タメ口でいいよっ!って言ってくれて、仲良くなれて、嬉しかったな♪
    Yurina-chan is really kind, and we always talked,
    She said that it’s okay to use informal language, to be good friends, I’m happy♪

ゆりなちゃん、大好きっ♡
    Yurina-chan, I love you♡

[​IMG]

21:44

ちょっと、似てる?♡(笑)
    Do we look alike?♡(笑)

梅田彩佳
    みんなで、なぎちゃんスマイル。
    へへへ
    Umeda Ayaka
    Everyone is doing Nagi-chan’s Smile
    hehehe

[​IMG]

Credit to http://masssterchief.tumblr.com/post/88621896603/shibuya-nagisa-14-06-12-google-post-english

18. MiyukiLove21

Oshimen:
    watanabemiyuki
    Twitter:
    Milky4urHeart
    Shibuya Nagisa 14/06/13 Google+ Post English Translation
    11:48

おはなぎ♡
    Good morning♡

みんなで、おそろいの顔♪(笑)
    Everyone has a matching face♪(笑)

[​IMG]

Credit to http://masssterchief.tumblr.com

19. mysoshipinups

mysoshipinups Kenkyuusei

The Legend of Shibuya Nagisa: The only girl in AKB48 group to be promoted to two teams at once.

20. Open_SaysaMe

Open_SaysaMe Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki
    Twitter:
    Open_SaysaMe
    ^I didn't understand what you meant there