1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Shida Manaka (Mona) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Ophelia

Ophelia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kitahara Rie
    Knew it was coming but the news still hit like a truck. Shouldn't have read this right before going to bed, now I need to process this before being able to fall asleep.

The saddest part is that we probably won't be seeing her in any Keya related event anymore so probably no official last performance or anything like that. :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. DRaken87

DRaken87 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Not expecting it will be this fast, esp. with zuumin and yone graduation not long ago, but mona has her own life. If this is what she want then I will respect it.

• Like Like x 1
  3. LOP

LOP Kenkyuusei

This is sad :(

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I kept hoping, but no. I hope it was really her decision and that she is headed for a great life. The announcement from management said that she thanked people very much for the great amount of support she received while she was a member. And she did get a lot of support, not just in Japan, but from us overseas. As I read it, the announcement says that she has left the group as of right now. No long good-bye.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. EinhanderX

EinhanderX Next Girls

It's kinda regrettable that in the end, what Mona wanted is different from what her fans wanted.

Such is reality.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Wow. In a blink of an eye and she's now down here in the graduated members section! I wonder if they've updated her wiki entry...

All's I can say at this moment is that I wish only happiness for her.

• Like Like x 2
  7. Ophelia

Ophelia Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Kitahara Rie
    Damn. Was trying to find her thread and then I noticed it was already moved to graduated members. :cold:

• Like Like x 1
  8. kovian

kovian Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    sad that she graduating but is quite expected with the long break. be happy King Manaka

• Like Like x 2
  9. ukifune

ukifune Under Girls

I hope that's true, and that she wasn't forced into it in some way. Even the "scandal" piece was a way of forcing her, perhaps into something she really did not want. But I totally honour her decision, if it was hers. It could really be the best one for her. She gets to judge.

It's hard to imagine -- no, really it isn't -- all that joy and creativity being concentrated among a small circle of friends.

EDIT: She has posted a blog post about it. I won't translate -- I hope someone else will (edit: too much idea has) -- but I will summarize:

She thanks management for giving her this long period to rest and reflect. She never had time to think about things like what she really liked or what really excited her when she was in the midst of working with Keyakizaka. She says she went to the performance in Niigata last summer and was able to go backstage and see the life she used to lead. The members were all smiling with her and asking when she would come back. In fact, all along, members and staff were asking what she had decided. But she never knew what to say and the time dragged on. She thanks management for giving her the chance to be in the photobook.

She never quite comes down to saying why she decided to go, but it feels as if she is just in another place and another life now, and the Keyaki life seems distant. Nevertheless, she thanks the other members above all. She does thank the rest of us in the title of the post: "To the fans who have supported me."

She ends the post
    mata ne -- "see ya." I can't help holding out a tiny bit of hope that we, or at least the members, will be seeing her again.

At least it sounds as if the decision was her own.

Last edited: Nov 16, 2018
    • Like Like x 3
  10. tiktok

tiktok Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kakehashi Sayaka
    Kinda expected. But, damn, it's still hurt...

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. too much idea

too much idea Next Girls

Twitter:
    toomuchidea
  12. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao

13. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Okay, wait...so this is an IMMEDIATE graduation?

So why is it in the graduated members thread THAT FAST???

In any case, it's sad to hear, but we wish Mona the best of luck in the future. :cry2:

• Like Like x 1
  14. Ozeki

Ozeki Member

Oshimen:
    Nibubu
    Ugh.

I had a small ounce of hope in me that she would come back. And this being an immediate graduation is really bad too, fans can’t even say goodbye?
    This is all seems so fishy, management are not handling things right...
    3 Keyaki grads in 3+ months? Here’s hoping for Aoi to come back.

This hit me extra hard because Shida has always been one of my favorite girls, she had a good personality and seem(ed) to have a strong appreciation keyaki and it’s members...
    I’m sure she will have a bright future ;_;

• Like Like x 2
  15. Jsprite

Jsprite Future Girls

This really hurt, more than Imaizumi & Yone combined, to me at least. There was a bit of hope that she would come back.
    One of the brightest lights in the Keya universe just went dark.........

• Like Like x 2
  16. Ryuukaze

Ryuukaze Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    her laugh and her smile will be missed, kanji wont be the same again. bye Manaka, hope you have a bright future ahead

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  17. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I need to remind myself that the thing I loved most about Shida has always been her free spirit.
    That wind inside her, restless and joyous, that brought her into Keyaki in the first place and now is taking her somewhere else.
    But it hurts.

Like this, it hurts.

Even if expected, even if it came after months of nothing and "scandal" even after 2 other kanji graduations, it still feels like losing a piece of something special.
    II'll need time to process this

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  18. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    I'm upset, because I had a glimmer of hope that she would return... but I had mentally prepared for this outcome since August, so this comes as no surprise to me, and it will be easier for me to get over as she was coming close to a year of absence... Still sad to see her go like this, she was truly the sunshine of Kanji Keyaki. I'll miss you, Mona <3

• Like Like x 3
  19. MysticInstinct

MysticInstinct Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    I just thought about a stupid hypothesis.
    That maybe for the Kohaku invite, they should have clean record of no scandal whatsoever and for that Manaka has graduated.. The timing is likely to be called just coincidence...

Seems utterly stupid and crazy thesis but somehow I wanted to get it out of mind so yeah..

But whatever the reason is, they should have grad concert.. The fans haven't properly said their goodbyes!

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

20. saturn1000

saturn1000 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    uemurarina
    • Dislike Dislike x 11