1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Shida Manaka (Mona) / Keyakizaka46 1st Generation

Discussion in 'Sakurazaka46 Graduated Members' started by nakotteiijan, Nov 2, 2015.

1. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    ...I saw that video sparked a whole lot of sadness and delusion in japanese fans and the expected counter-attack by intl fans as well, and while I personally gave a like without even watch it and asked my few followers to do the same, I want to say some things here in Shida thread.
    First of all, I apologize in advance if some of it will hurt people, It's not my intention at all, I just need to rant and think, but please keep in mind that, after Techi, Shida has been my most loved member since day one.
    Because she has always been free, I always felt a little bit free too and I'll never thank her enough for this.

But right now, in my opinion, she is not taking the right choice and not because she's actually going out of her way to make a mistake but because she's being exactly herself, carefree and friendly and laughing the life away, so it's a bit frustrating for me watching her making this mistep. Because I know this is the Shida I like, and because I'm also aware that being like that while in Keyaki was accepted and loved and being like that outside of it, in the public eyes, alone, may not be so accepted anymore.
    So far Shida did everything very well. Socials, YT, everything well organized, keeping the right distance between herself and fans even without an agency to mediate it. I think the pace she kept going from modeling, to socials to YT is a good one. Not too much and not too little.
    YouTube may even been the right media for her once she get sponsors and such.

The problem, for what I saw so far, is that she's too fast in following the bulldozzing of socials from other former members. And this too is SO Shida I can't really get angry at her for it.
    I honestly think Oda, Naako and Mon should have waited to push themselves out there. Except for Naako, whom is a kind of comunication genius if we don't count the boyfriend stuff, it felt like both Oda and Mon had no real ideas or goal in going out there. They just went and hoped for the best.

And this is deviating Shida's path and hitting Keyaki as well, because no matter if we like or not, whatever former member do, will be reflected on Keyaki as well, especially so soon after their graduation.
    In a moment we really really don't need it.

Most important though, to see those dislike and read those comments is gonna hurt her, which is even worse, so if you got time, just go to give a like regardless. It's only one little thinng we can do to pay her back for the keyaki years she gave us, but who knows, it may help a little.

As for me, Keyaki is forever, there's no questioning it anymore.
    I just wish former Keyaki members put a little more thoughts in what they do from now on. I want them to succeed, but I feel they need to really analyze what happened and plan better their future release... or whatever they'll do from now on.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
  2. JoltFiend

JoltFiend Future Girls Stage48 Donor

Twitter:
    joltfiend
    I kind of disagree with you on one point. What a member does post-graduation is a reflection of the person themselves, not the group they were in. What of the graduates we don't see, like Yonetani? How is whatever she's doing now reflecting on Keya?

I don't know if everyone thinks/feels the same way about this, but I just think it's best to separate the member as were in the group with the member after they graduate as two separate entities.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  3. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    Ah shit, here we go again. The fury of the wota part X.

What lesson can be learned here? Alcohol and girls' talk don't go well together with your ordinary Japanese idol fan.
    Can you really blame the girls? Nope, that's what zealous 20-something year olds do when they feel "adult". Been there done done that. Most of us did.
    Can Mona and Mon be legitimately critisized for making this video? Well, of course. I, for one, found the audio too noisy and difficuilt to understand :lol:. But generally speaking there was nothing to be really upset about.

The comments, the dislikes.
    "Oh my! It can't be... My former oshi is not a saint/angel/fairy like I always believed"
    That stance, in itself, is pathetic - there's no arguing about that. However, as was already discussed in Naako's thread, if an ex idol wish is to remain public, there is no choice but soldier on and accept the fact that these kinds of people will always exist and remain vocal.

If that's really what Shida and Suzumon want to do, so be it. That's their money to earn and their own reputation to maintain. Even though the public eye will always connect ex members with the current group, they are under no obligation to continue down the idol-esque route. Frankly I don't believe that ex members' behavior can seriously affect the group as it is now. Only their personal image is concerned here. Hell, if it was such a big issue for the bussiness, no way they could graduate without signing various NDA agreements legally prohibitting them from using public SNS.

The way I see it, Shida and Suzumoto can do whatever they want now and express themselves differently. A healthy dose of "I don't give a fuck" is what needed here. Pardon my french. I hope they have enough strength and confidence to do what they want to do. Wish them all the best.

P.S. As for this ever surfacing "post-factum boyfriend bullshit". It can't be helped really. Yes it makes wota angry, so what? It's not like they actually stop spending money on idol stuff altogether. We all know being an idol fan is addiction and a boyfriend or two can't hurt the industry in the grand scheme of things.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    • Like Like x 6
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. gish0046

gish0046 Upcoming Girls

How come people don't like the video?

5. heatsignature

heatsignature Future Girls Wiki48 Editor

It's a mix of reasons but I think what most people were put off by was that a lot of the conversation focused on relationship stuff and the girls strongly implied that they were dating while in Keyaki (and that Mon's boyfriend was even dating with the intention to marry).

Also a bit of attitude controversy when both girls saw the waiter dropping and shattering a glass and they both sat there laughing instead of offering a hand.

That was exactly my impression of the video[hehe] I personally wasn't the biggest fan cause I thought all-in-all it was a bit of a boring video, and... how do I say it? I feel like it was a topic Mon really wanted to vent about, but I feel that regardless if she were an idol or not, relationship problems isn't something that most people want to watch a 15-minute video on.

And I could kind of see how fans could be annoyed with what they wanted to see from Mon (probably dancing and performance stuff) and what she's been giving us, but she just left the group and COVID probably doesn't make looking for gigs easy. I see a lot of the comments were things like "If you want to live a normal life, why are you still on SNS like a celeb? You should follow in Neru/Nanamin's footsteps." which isn't really fair... I think she still wants to interact with fans and she should still be able to maintain her personal life while doing it.

I definitely think that wota are overreacting, but I think the video was a bit of a miss for me regardless. The reactions are a bit intense though so I hope Mon and Manaka aren't scared off from making more videos together.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    Fans didn’t see the relationship stuff coming. I think most were expecting funny stories, or dreams, ambitions, even regrets/sad stories, anything that is not relationship-related. I also think the timing was a bit off for Mon, since she just graduated a few months ago (but COVID happened so it seemed like not that long ago) so most fans still see her under idol-lenses. I saw some fans were annoyed that the video would probably make people speculate on which Keyaki members are dating, which is not the best topic to have when the group is trying to get back on track. A handful of comments said they should upgrade the editing lol.

Mona and Mon will hold responsibility for the video and well, it’s their rights to share the topics they want. Same as fans having the rights to continue supporting or leave (but they shouldn’t slander and use harsh words). A fan shared that Mona, in her blog for FC, said that they had anticipated the heat when producing the video so I think the series is being continued.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  7. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I understand your point, but while a graduated person should be free to do whatever they want, their name will always be associated to their group. The more important member to the group, longer the time the link will survive. It's a natural association and I don't think it's fair talk about Yone or Neru since both of them chose to stay out of entertaintment business. But let's say one of them would be discovered to sell drugs tomorrow, it would be naturally associated to Keyaki and people would ask if it was like that when she was a member.
    In ten years probably it wouldn't, but right now? Totally Keyaki stuff still.
    It was an extreme example of course... even though Yone and Neru would totally be very-fanfiction-Yakuza-material lol

Kidding aside, in this moment 1st gen is pulling Keyaki as best as they can, half 2nd gen fished people in staying and the other half is lovely but so new they did nothing so far.
    Like it or not, External former members doing will affect them as well and it's not fair.
    Paradossally, I feel it's more hard for former members positive doing to affect their original group then negative, or is i just my own perception?

My post was more about Shida because I want her to succeed and she was doing so well if felt just natural. On a personal level I think the same as @turbogig. Former members can do whatever they want, but if they chose to follow their dreams they also have to follow its rules. And rules aren't made by INTL fans, whom may have a more open mentality and accept dating and drinking and talking with no problems.
    Also, yeah, except for the fan controversy the video is not that interesting for me and I wonder if a not-fan would watch it, but, who knows, they may get better later on. I just hope it wouldn't affect Shida own channel and projects.

Last edited: Jul 4, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. rdamon42

rdamon42 Member

Oshimen:
    渡邉 理佐 / 守屋麗奈
    Twitter:
    rdamon42
    And here I thought that after graduation, members will be more free to explore what they want to do next after paying their dues as an idol.

For me, Shida's departure from Keya was very premature. I can't blame her, she was practically pressured to graduate, but I felt like she had at least two or three more good years where she can do more as a Keyaki member.

The idol world is unforgiving, it takes a strong will and determination to succeed. I hope Shida and Mon learn from this and are not discouraged by the results.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    keyaki fans: constantly talk about how amazing it is that the group's members are so unorthodox, edgy, and cool and want to fight the system and sing about dark themes and youthful rebellion as they grow into adulthood

ex-keyaki members: post video's of their youthful rebellious drinking adventures and venting about their personal dating life and adult troubles as they transition to adults

keyaki fans: i don't like this image it's giving the group a bad rep

lmao, if anything, i'm glad the girls are showing their real selves, it shows at the very least that their idol image wasn't completely fake

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  10. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi

If anything I think Keyaki fans are smart enough to know that the girls are always been pretty real (which pushed other groups fans to diss them and us) and yet are aware that being like that in entertaintment businness is a risk until you are under protective wings, rich and possibly male.
    ...something I doubt both Shida and Mon will be very soon....

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. DelicateEmpress

DelicateEmpress Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
    https://prtimes.jp/main/html/rd/p/000000046.000031676.html
    New video is up at 7pm JST on July 9th. The topic this time seems to revolve around Mon's decision to graduate and study abroad. I hope it'll be received more positively than the first one. Also according to this site, Mona's agency is ONPA Japan. I searched some more and found out that Mona is currently an "Alliance Creator" with MIHA Co. (video creator production company) and her YT channel is part of the collaboration.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    ^ New episode
    [This video is no longer available because the uploader has closed their YouTube account.]

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2020
  13. David61

David61 Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Komiyama Haruka
    Twitter:
    DavidB13
    Another 10,000 JPY clothes haul from GU:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 2
  14. Torigoya-San

Torigoya-San Member

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Anyone know which restaurant they filmed at ? Maybe they can try different restaurants next time :chuffed:

15. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Last week, our favorite tabloid released yet another snoop on Shida. They think she's dating Sora Chi, the leader of Avntis, a very popular Youtube entertainer trio (used to be quartet before one passed away last year, RIP Eiji) because she was caught staying overnight at his place. When the Bunshun reporter tried to interview - ahem, ambush - her, Shida, of course denied and said they were just friends.

And of course they inserted the usual clickbait gossip about how remaining Keya girls are envious of the graduated members being free to do whatever they want, more graduations on the way (probably true), the continuing discord within the group, blahblahblah..

I don't really like spreading Bunshun shit but just found this one interesting because アバンティーズ!! Stopped watching a while ago but their parody videos were hilarious as shit. They covered Silent Majority, Fukyou, and Garasu in the past.

[​IMG]

16. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    I find it sort of amusing. With the mess we are having, no single released in more than one year, etc... Bunshun still uses Keyaki as clickbait. I wonder if our mngmnt isn't paying enough to keep them quiet or if other groups are also affected like this.

This said, I'm sorry for Shida.
    Even though she graduated, she still can't even have a one night stand or date or friendship like anyone else with whoever she wants because of those stalkers. Man, leave her alone already :fp: (how can graduate members do what they want when bunshun is always behind the corner being a creep?)

17. turbogig

turbogig Member

Oshimen:
    Habu Mizuho
    @keyak You mean THAT Avantis?

if the video does not show watch the video here
    As far as I'm concerned, Shida's just hanging out with groupmates from Keyakizaka's male subunit :D
    I mean, look at their logo.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. minaeshi

minaeshi Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Morita Hikaru
    Twitter:
    minaeshit
    It might just be me being biased bc i'm a keyaki fan, but i think the way bunshun are always sneaking around the keyaki members even after graduation shows how popular they are. bunshun knows any news on a kyk girl will be one of the top trending articles on their site for days. it's nice to know that even girls who graduated year ago still have this pull on the media lol. however, its unfortunate that they can't be left alone, they might still be in the public eye but they're not active in the entertainment industry anymore :/

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. keyak

keyak Upcoming Girls

Mhmmm, that's the one. Shida probably just "spent the night" relearning Fukyouwaon choreo from that guy. :hehe:

--

Shida's no longer an idol per se but I'd still consider her an entertainer, with her modeling gigs and Youtube career. Does that mean she's no longer entitled to her privacy? Well, of course not, but gossip is gossip, tabloids gonna act like tabloids, and her "former Keyakizaka46" title will stick with her forever, like some other folks here mentioned.

Now, the most annoying thing is when the public uses the actions of Keyaki graduated members to generalize the entire group as "problematic" and "scandal-makers". Which is kinda happening now. And it does annoy me as a Keyaki fan even though I know it's not really Shida's fault at all (since when was dating a cardinal sin?) but I love the group more than I love Shida so yeah, feelings are complicated here and I kinda wish Shida can just be more careful, -cough- less horny. Sorry if this makes me sound like trash.

And in the meantime, I'll just continue to shit on Bunshun cause they are really gunning it for our girls these days :whistle:

20. Dill

Dill Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Techi
    Probably we will always be a bit more or a bit less biased towards keyaki or some former members.
    I felt a lot more problematic Naako's boyfriend pictures or Shida/Mon video than this.
    This did not even register on my scandal scale.
    It just bothers me on human level.
    In awhile Shida will have bunshun losers hiding in bed with her eventual man if this keep going on.
    Not cool.