1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Shiraishi Mai (Maiyan) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by kimunlimited, Feb 19, 2012.

1. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Get well soon Mai..

2. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Get well soon Maiyan, please take your time. Your health is more important than anything else. :flower:

In the latest issue of MAQUIA, there is a very interesting interview / Q&A with Maiyan. Most of it are beauty related topics, but there are some questions regarding Nogizaka46 as well.
    I did my best to translate it, here it is.

--------------------

The muse that doesn’t slow down

She looks serious and firm, but is actually very charming.
    While talking about her “shyness”, she communicates very well.
    Being the ace of Nogizaka46, she is a muse girls look up to.
    What is the true face behind that overwhelming beauty?
    Concerning cosmetics, work and private matters.
    And facing the year 2019, how will she further evolve? We asked Shiraishi Mai 24 questions.

Being a girl, what makes you feel happy?
    I can enjoy make up and dressing fashionably. Maybe if I was born as a boy, I’d have the desire to shape my abs as well…… (laughs). Nonetheless, I think being a girl is absolutely more enjoyable!

What are the words that made you happy recently?
    “Your hair color is beautiful” being said to me by a make up artist.

What kind of girls do you keep looking at?
    When I see a person with strong eyes, I’d say “that person is beautiful, isn’t she”, and even keep looking at them from a moving car.

Are you aware of your thirties approaching?
    Yes, very very much (laughs). Being an idol as well(laughs). Lately I talk a lot about it with the other members in the dressing room. “In about 3~4 years, you’ll be in your thirties. What will you do?!”. But because there are a lot of superiors that are truly shining in their thirties, my ideal is to become older and have fun like now, if possible.

What are the things you want to do privately in 2019?
    I want to obtain my driving license! I want to give rides to members and friends, and going shopping etc. seems pleasant as well!

What is your favorite good luck spot?

My hometown. When I went home to Gunma this year after a long time, I thought the air was delicious and I calmed down. I went to my grandmother’s house, a place where I can relax and do nothing no matter what.

Which 3 things are necessary for you to be happy?

Meat ♡ Games ♡Music ♡

What is your wonder drug when you feel down?

Eating delicious food. When I eat plenty of yakiniku, I become energized. Because when I dwell on it, it makes me tired instead so I don’t think about it too much. I have a quite easy personality (laughs).

What is your current obsession regarding make up?

Orange brows eye shadow. I thought it didn’t suit me so I used to avoid it, but when I tried it, it became clear it was the opposite. Because the eyes become natural yet voluptuous, I came to like it.

Tell us about searching for things that suit you?

It’s always a challenge! I don’t stick to my own rules, I listen to the opinions of those around me. By doing so, I feel like I am able to discover a new me.

Have you ever made a blunder concerning your cosmetic treatment?

Hardly. It’s not a blunder, but I did experiment with various make up. During high school I often wore fake eyelashes. It’s what you do at that age. When I look back to it, it’s a bit embarrassing (laughs).

Did you every change something in your beauty treatment?

I changed the way I treat my hair thoroughly. Until half of my 20’s, I dried my hair only with a hair dryer. But the tips of my hair dried out and the fact I couldn’t run my fingers through it properly stressed me out. Nowadays, I treat my hair first with milk, then oil everyday without fail. I properly think about its nutrition.

How do you keep your hips in shape?

I work out a bit before going to sleep. Because I recently felt I suddenly gained weight on my buttocks, I train my muscles before going to sleep by raising my feet to my back. But only when I feel like it (laughs).

Going for the ideal body line, what do you want to improve.

Eh, everything. ♡ I wish for a soft body with the proper amount of muscle.

In 2019, what kind of beauty do you aim for?

A stylish beauty. Being 26 years old, I like it more when people say I’m beautiful, rather than stylish. I wish to be a stoic, stylish beautiful woman, like Miss Kitagawa Keiko. Because I am quite indecisive and cannot decide things for myself, I need to improve a bit on the inside as well (laughs).

In 2019, what kind of dish do you want to be able to make?

Fish. Because the processing is difficult, I normally make a meat dish no matter what. Next year, I want to be able to make a stylish fish dish like acqua pazza!

In 2019, what cosmetic challenge would you like?

I want to become beautiful from the inside! I eat a lot of vegetables and I drink lots of enzymes, so I am constantly aware of my inner beauty. Next year, I want to again exchange information with the make up artists and other members that love cosmetics, so I can polish my beauty even more.

What are the essential habits for maintaining a white skin?

Not exposing my skin. Because I don’t like the stickiness, I am the type that doesn’t want to apply sunscreen since way back. While I was in the softball club, that was normal (laughs). Nowadays, I properly moisturize, and even during summer I carry around a longsleeved coat, in order to avoid the sun as much as possible.

In 2019, what skill do you want to acquire?

Speaking ability. It happens often that I think too much and don’t know what to say right away. I admire members like Matsumura Sayuri and Takayama Kazumi, that can speak very well. I’ll have to watch lots of variety programs to practice (laughs).

It has been 7 years since your debut. In what kind of phase are you right now?

There’s still more to do. Even though I have done various kinds of work, I always felt a bit tense and also uneasy, but there was the feeling of giving it my best shot as well. This has hardly changed recently, so I wonder if that will happen.

In 2019, what work related challenges are you aspiring?

I want to try writing lyrics. I don’t have the instantaneous power needed to speak well, but I love to write down my feelings. Because I studied lyric writing during my high school music studies, I want to try and write lyrics about the memories of Nogizaka46 and my personal feelings of those times.

What’s your rule regarding work?

Have fun no matter what! Until now, I have been terribly shy, but recently I started to talk about various things myself in order to have fun on the job location. I learned that at handshake events. Because I meet many people for the first time there, I can ask trivial questions like “how old are you?” and “where are you from?” (laughs).

How do you go towards a job?

By waking up in a good mood. It’s bad when I oversleep and I have to dress up immediately. I like to take a shower in the morning when it’s cold!

What is the difference between you during work and in private?

Truth is, I might be the noisiest of all members (laughs). During work, I have to be mature in order to do it properly. But when I am backstage with other members, I am making noise. I’m full of spirit. Since the 3rd gen entered with great optimism, I am having fun goofing around with them!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 13
    • Like Like x 6
  3. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Thank you for the translation :1st:

4. mousou

mousou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    this answer stick to my mind the most
    What is your favorite good luck spot?
    My hometown. When I went home to Gunma this year after a long time, I thought the air was delicious and I calmed down. I went to my grandmother’s house, a place where I can relax and do nothing no matter what.

i wonder.. how proud when her grandma see her
    how does she looks like when lazing around and do nothing without make up
    she must be looks so sexy

5. Halyup

Halyup Future Girls

After all the bad memories in her hometown ; I'm relieved that she still consider Gunma a comfortable place .

6. Endorsi

Endorsi Member

Oshimen:
    Endo Sakura
    An indirect way of telling would-be suitors to pack a six-pack. [hehe]

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Cristina Salazar

Cristina Salazar Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    well maiyan have a taste :blush: anyways get well soon maiyan, there's a lot of live performance this month and we still have JRA and Kouhaku. still praying synchronicity will win the grand prix! :1st:

• Like Like x 1
  8. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Looks like we will definitely have a driving club episode on NogiChuu next year !

9. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Wow. First Techi (Hirate Yurina), now Maiyan. Surely it isn't as bad as Techi, but tonight's the CDTV Christmas special, and I'm not sure if it's going to be live or pre-recorded - because if it's live, then I'm not sure she will be performing tonight...

And, of course, there's the Japan Record Awards and the Kouhaku next week... :fp:

Maiyan, get well soon!!! :cry:

EDIT 12/25: Saw her performing with the rest of Nogizaka46 on the CDTV Christmas special live, may have saw one of her fingers (the one that got injured) got wrapped up.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  10. steph

steph Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Nyan Nyan Kamen
    This is my first time posting in Maiyan's thread and I thought about putting it in Nogi experience thread but I think it makes more sense here :)

I recently just came back from my Japan trip and I still cannot believe how much Mai and 46G ads there were! I saw Mai in every cosmetic section i went to, in convenience stores, I even saw a cardboard standup of her (which I regret not taking a pic of :( ) I even spontaneously decided to get my hair done while I was there and when they gave me magazines to read, Mai again was on the front cover and is featured in the most pages! (I think the mag was "Sweet" where she was front cover but there was also another mag which I cant remember). I also saw hiragana keyaki coco curry promotions, Nanase's ad on the train for a PB? or Magazine? I had no idea since I couldn't read it, and Asuka in magazines but still not as much as I saw Mai. I really saw Mai everywhere I went and each time I saw her I was just entranced by her beauty :inlove: she really is so beautiful and I believe right now this may be the peak of her beauty and career. I was always a Mai oshi but I was pretty casual, from now on I really want to see the stuff she puts out in the future.

I'm sorry if this was off-topic but I really just wanted somewhere to share my experience with "seeing" Mai on my trip [hehe] side note: I was staying at Ginza so that may also be another reason why I saw Mai a lot as it's known as a fashionable district?

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  11. Cristina Salazar

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    Wow i can't imagine if you're her anti and you went in japan now, you will not enjoy your trip... HHAHAHAHAH anyway thank you for sharing your experience~!

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

My question is, is it really any of Maiyan-anti's outside there? :blink:

13. Cristina Salazar

Twitter:
    cristina_1848
    SYNCHRONICITY WON THE GRAND PRIZE! I KNEW IT :1st::1st::1st:
    i like also how maiyan hugged nanase :cute::cute::cute::cute:
    Dvq2FfeV4AI3ff7.jpg [​IMG] [​IMG]
    2018 IS REALLY SHIRAISHI MAI YEAR!! CONGRATS BB!! :1st:
    Dvq3wrMV4AAPDAd.jpg Dvq4GjcUUAA5uZ7.jpg

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  14. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    I was a bit worried last week that she wouldn't be able to perform due to her injury, luckily it's minor. Thank God we can see Maiyan in all her goddess beauty and thank God they win again!! What a great way to close an even greater year for Maiyan than 2017.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. ForrestFuller

ForrestFuller Senbatsu

17. Fab-Nogi46

Fab-Nogi46 Future Girls

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Manatsu
    She received the award at the captain place

A little bit strange

18. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Yeah, but it looks like Reika hinting at Maiyan to take it, maybe because she is the center and she expects Maiyan to talk first.

19. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    • Like Like x 3
  20. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香