1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Shiraishi Mai (Maiyan) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by kimunlimited, Feb 19, 2012.

1. mayuri91

mayuri91 Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    shiraishimai
    lol, when i saw his name, i also felt weird. he is like one of the staple member here.
    anyway, it is good to see she still relevant.

2. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I don't know. I just suddenly like her. :) Maybe I miss the elegant and mature type members among many young and cute new members in Nogi.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    A couple of days ago, Maquia Online published an article on Maiyan with a small questionnaire. You can read the translation below.

Questionnaire with Miss Shiraishi Mai!

What kind of work do you enjoy the most at the moment?
    Singing and dancing. ♪

“To cry” and “to laugh”. Which one enables you to let out your emotions?
    To laugh! I love to laugh, when I watch variety shows or movies, and often during live shows.

As a woman doing solo work, who inspires you?
    All the Nogizaka46 members! On the stage, doing radio or modelling gigs, whenever Ilook at the different types of solo activities they are working hard at, I truly realize how they give their all, even when their busy (laughs). It really inspires me.

What are you careful about when communicating with people?
    Not ending the conversation. Even at handshake events, I don’t like to end the conversation after just a few words. Even trivial questions such as “where are you from?” can be good, because I am aware that with such a question a natural conversation can be created.

What’s a thing you experienced first time through a solo job?
    Saying long lines in a drama. Being able to pull that off gave me confidence, or was a relief at least!

How do you communicate with people you know for a long time?
    I show them my silly side (laughs). A relationship where I can goof around in a good way is ideal. I don’t need to do anything special, but it’s important to be who you are, without keeping up appearances.

Which professional inspires your work?
    Mr. Furuta Arata. We played together in a drama, and he is a very kind person. “Maiyan, I want you to continue acting”, he said to me. I was incredibly happy!

What is your way to enjoy work?
    Having fun! Of course there are a lot of difficult jobs, but when you challenge them without becoming negative, you will run into new encounters and discoveries. It’s okay to make mistakes, so my motto is to have fun and dive in no matter what.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 8
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Seeing that you like Junna, it's no wonder you get to like Maiyan too. Both are beautiful, mature, humble, goofy and talented. Junna and Maiyan seems like good friends as they sometimes seen on backstage together, side-to-side.

5. bananaboy

bananaboy Member

:hehe: She nodded by arata furuta, guy known as strict to actor.

6. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    I just found out the articles on Maquia Online are a series. There has been another article today, with questions focusing more on the makeup side of things. I translated it as well, so if you want to look like Shiraishi Mai, read on!

Advice from Miss Shiraishi Mai! What are the makeup tricks to her longed-for “Shiraishi Face”?

What’s the secret to a healthy impression with just a little makeup?
    Applying orange colors. Around the eyes, on the cheeks, on the lips, if you use orange anywhere, it will give your face warmth. I love to use orange eye-shadow. ♡

What’s the next color that you want to try?
    Pink and yellow eyeliner.

What’s the base makeup for a lively impression?
    A glossy skin with foundation. Because I am not one to apply many layers, I just highlight certain points. The basis is a thin foundation for a glossy skin to create a lively image.

Where do you obtain the information to stay up-to-date about makeup?
    I ask makeup artists. Like “What color do you recommend for my cheeks?” or “What is popular at the moment?”, to gather information constantly. If it’s something you are curious about, check it immediately!

How does one get the longed-for “Shiraishi face”?
    The curling of the eyelashes is important! Within makeup, the eyelashes are the part that takes the most time. I usually treat them with eye lotion. When you are applying makeup, you begin with a curler, then a hot curler to arrange it, then foundation, hot curler, mascara, hot curler, mascara, and finish with a hot curler. I use two types of mascara that fixates the curl nicely, but always use the hot curler three times. Because of that, the battery drains quickly (laughs). As for the color, my current mood is natural brown.

Concerning cosmetics, what are you geeky about?
    Eye-shadow. From brown to pink, I have a lot of eye palettes. There are some that I don’t use, but there are some that I pull out after a long time as well. If I am sure I won’t use it ever again, I give it to my sister (laughs).

What is your favorite fragrance?
    Citrus like fragrances. I love subtle summer like fragrances. I put it on if I want to raise my mood.

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  7. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    ^ orange, citrus...i see a theme there
    (what's next? Lemons?)

8. sscrla

sscrla Stage48 Moderator Staff Member Stage48 Moderator

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Selling a photo book.

"The official Twitter of the 1st photo book “Hidakagi” (Shinchosha) of popular idol group Hyugazaka 46 released on the 28th today, member Kyoko Saito has released a video that passes the photo book to Mai Shiraishi of Nogizaka 46. Shiraishi praised as “It ’s so cute!”

When Saito handed it out, “This is our first photo collection, but please see it if you like it,” Shiraishi checks the contents with a smile, “Thank you! When Saito's solo shot was found, “No!

Shiraishi appealed with a smile to the camera, "Please look at everyone." Saito was also grateful for the kindness of her seniors."

Screen Shot 2019-08-28 at 1.32.59 PM.png

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2143275/full/

video
    https://video.twimg.com/ext_tw_video/1166651409632153600/pu/vid/1280x720/1aOcr3bGhxlyViii.mp4?tag=10
    https://twitter.com/hinata_group1st/status/1166651472211132416

• Like Like x 1
  9. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

Hyugazaka46 :corr:

• Like Like x 3
  10. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Over 370,000 copies of her photo book.

"Photobook “Passport” (Kodansha) reprinted 10,000 copies in the 26th edition, and the total number of copies issued exceeded 370,000.

“Passport” started on February 7, 2017 (Tuesday) with a large number of 100,000 copies, but sold out at the same time as the release. After that, “fashionable and sexy” contents were supported, and even after two years have passed since the release, the momentum did not drop, and it became a long seller that continued to reprint from Heisei to Ryowa over time.

Kodansha's sales representative commented, “It is an unusual case that a talent photo book will continue to be reprinted for two and a half years."

https://mdpr.jp/news/detail/1865910

There are 47 images with the article, but I am assuming they have all been posted before.

Update: similar story in Oricon

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2143437/full/

Last edited: Aug 31, 2019
    • Like Like x 5
  11. sscrla

Oshimen:
    Takayanagi Akane
    Follow up. Her photo book ranked in the top 10 for the week, the first time in the top 10 since February.

"Nogizaka 46 and Mai Shiraishi 's photo book “Passport” ranked 9th in the latest “Photo Book” by Oricon Weekly BOOK Ranking by 9/2. Although this work has become an exceptional long hit since its release in February 2017, it has returned to TOP10 for the first time in about 6 months since the 8th place with 2/25 this year. "

https://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2143416/full/

To be honest, it doesn't look like it takes a lot of sales to make it into the top 10.

Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 4.50.40 PM.png

Some others of note:

Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 4.51.12 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 4.51.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2019-08-31 at 4.50.50 PM.png

https://www.oricon.co.jp/rank/obp/w/2019-09-02/

12. otabe

otabe Member

Oshimen:
    soranyan
    passport is still my favorite photobook i bought in the past couple years :fear:

13. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    I just realised Passport and Intermission are from the same photographer? He should've just done the whole Nogi girls' photobooks. He does really good job

14. theobserver

theobserver Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Takahashi Juri-Miyawaki Sakura
    Or is it that with Maiyan and Iku-chan, they are too good that you gotta be a terrible photographer to screw their shots up :hehe:

(I'm just joking. As an amateur photographer, I sometimes apologize to people for ruining)

15. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    370,000 is the printed numbers right? Anyone knows what's the actual numbers sold for both Maiyan's and Iku's pb?

16. miyuki_xo

miyuki_xo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Um wow that's a nice manga material. The super kind heroin high school girl who helped a bullied kid grow up to be a super beautiful popular idol. Hmm...

I'll buy

• Like Like x 1
  17. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Another article on Maquia Online. This time, she's questioned about skin care. You want your skin to be as healthy and beautiful as Maiyan's? Read on! I'm no cosmetics expert though, so I apologize if I messed up on some of the terms.

How to maintain a beautiful skin

What’s your way of removing makeup?
    I use cleaning milk. Because I think cleaning oil is a bit of a burden, I use milk to clean my skin without rubbing, and only use oil for the skin around my eyes. Around every 2 or 3 days, I use a face massager to take care of the dirt that doesn’t come off with washing.

How do you deal with problems?
    Run to a cosmetic dermatologist. Even if I know the cause, it is difficult to take care of it when I have a job. Having a clinic that always helps me gives me peace of mind.

What’s important for keeping a stable skin?
    At any rate, quickly remove your makeup! After a shooting, I will clean my skin at once on location, and when I return home I will remove the harder to clean mascara. I think it’s important to keep the time your skin is burdened as short as possible.

Sun prevention, gloss, firmness, healthy glow or transparency. What do you want to have now?
    Sun prevention. If you are not prepared for this season, you’ll get sunburn quickly so having sun prevention care is a must.

What skin care that you always have been doing are you happy about?
    Not holding back on face lotion. I soak cotton into face lotion and splash it as much as I like (laughs). Because I have a dry skin, I apply a face mask like that when I have the time.

In order to keep a white skin, what method of UV care do you have?
    Stay out of the sun whenever possible (laughs). When you apply sunscreen, coating and foundation on your skin, it becomes a bit too much and gives a worn out feeling. I use it on my body sometimes as well, but I have always been bad at applying sunscreen on my face. Because of that, I carry a sun umbrella whenever I go outside, and wear a wide hat that covers my face to be completely protected.

What special care do you apply the day before an important day?
    Sweating in the bath. When you soak for around 30 minutes and sweat well, you can detox thoroughly. I also use a face massager to increase the permeation of cosmetics.

What’s the special care the morning of an important day?
    Moisture treatment with a sheet mask. When I think it’s going to be a long day, I moisturize with a mask in the morning. I also get rid of lymph fluids through a massage.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  18. miyuki_xo

miyuki_xo Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    THANKS !!! I'll follow every single bit of her advice even though my skin condition is different lol

• Like Like x 2
  19. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    Beautiful!!! I can't breathe every time I saw her. <3