1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Shiraishi Mai (Maiyan) / 1st Gen

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 Graduated Members' started by kimunlimited, Feb 19, 2012.

1. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Synchronicity will never be the same without Maiyan center. And will definitely miss Maiyan's Girls Rule scream.:(:(

2. Chubo

Chubo Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    nishinonanase
    Twitter:
    chubo_chan
    I stumbled upon this video by accident. I've known Aomaru to be a hardcore Maiyan-oshi since way before and her feelings here made me cry so much. :cry2:

if the video does not show watch the video here

I don't even want to post something like this anymore as I'm still hurt by the G-bomb but this video made me decide to.

If you're a long time fan, you know what I'm talking about. Seeing the group from nothing to stardom. Seeing each and everyone grow. Seeing them shine on stage.You'll treat them as something precious. Something that you'll treasure in your heart. You're basically with them from the start until the end.

Shiraishi simply started from nothing. The memories of being bullied were still fresh when she joined the audition for an idol group whose future is uncertain. Everything was a gamble. She, along with the other 1ki, worked very hard to achieve what they have now.

Aomaru struck me the most here because this is the reason why most fans are sad. Yes, we will still see the actress Maiyan. We will still see the model Maiyan. It is the Idol Maiyan that we will never see again. The Maiyan that shines on stage. The Shiraishi Mai of Nogizaka46. The Maiyan that made us love her and the group.

Maiyan, thank you very much for these 8 years as an Idol. It is time to move forward now. Wish you the best in your future.

本当にお疲れさまでした!

• Like Like x 13
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. sambelteri12

sambelteri12 Next Girls

• Like Like x 4
  4. baymon

baymon Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Shiraishi Mai
    Momo-chan, you make me cry again....:cry: both Momoko and Maiyan are such a beautiful person inside out. Their sisterhood is so amazing...:cry:

5. Reveen

Reveen Under Girls

I think you're exaggerating a bit there (which is understandable today). Nogizaka didn't start from nothing, it's not like AKB starting with 7 paying customers at their first show, Nogizaka started at the height of the idol boom with solid backing and finance from Sony with Aki-p as creative adviser at the height of his power. But the members and management did do a great job of making a success of those elements, no doubt about that.

I agree with that, her back story is compelling because of her courage, and she emerged from the background because of her innate talent and strength. I'm not a huge fan of Maiyan but I've always admired her, if that makes sense. She's always had this sense of dignity and grace which is attractive to both men and women.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  6. miwa

miwa Upcoming Girls

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Mirei
    Maiyan to me is the quintessential Nogizaka member, she has what I'd see as the Nogizaka aura. I don't know if this is an unpopular opinion but I've always found she got more beautiful as she aged. I'll miss her on stage a lot. Synchronicity will never be the same. Knowing that this last Kohaku was her last one I wish she didn't share the stage with that comedian.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    Unpopular or not, I agree.

8. Beowulf

Beowulf Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Sugai Yuuka / Kosaka Nao
    2020 just began and we are already hit with this news. Wish she could have put this off until a little later in the year. Maiyan has been the face of Nogi for such a long time that it's difficult to imagine the group without her.

9. outkastband

outkastband Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    ikutaerika
    Agreed.
    at first i didn't really like maiyan until 2,5 yrs ago after nigemizu.
    she looks more beautiful than ever and her smile is brighter.

10. YukoMayuParuHina

YukoMayuParuHina Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Miyata Manamo
    Thank you Maiyan, I hope she will be the center in the next single :(:(

11. galangsatria

galangsatria Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Nishino Nanase
    Twitter:
    galangsatrw
    Maiyan solo singer debut, Kenshi Yonezu produce.
    IMG_20200108_082748~2.jpg
    I got that newspaper from twitter. And I have no idea about it. I only know the words below Maiyan and Kenshi Yonezu's name.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. vshav

vshav Member

Oshimen:
    Sasaki Kotoko
    Wow she really pursues her dream as a singer. Hope she got profesionally trained after this. Because afterall she has a nice voice, just need more technique!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. BarneyInvisible

BarneyInvisible Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    shirashimai
    that's definitely certain.
    like Nanamin and Naachan.

14. Zaebore

Zaebore Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    Takamoto Ayaka
    Wow! That is beyond amazing if Shiraishi Mai is working with Kenshi Yonezu. This looks so, so promising it's a dream collaboration.

15. Generic_User

Generic_User Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    The Ikuta Erika
    Members and graduates posting comments about Maiyan graduation... I've seen the insta stories and such... Anyone know where to find english translations?

Also, would be nice to see a translation of Shitara's comments: https://twitter.com/329fukahuka/status/1214421513656389632?s=20

ç
    Or Aomaru's...

Or even Chi-chan's:

if the video does not show watch the video here

• Like Like x 1
  16. JuriRena

JuriRena Next Girls

Oshimen:
    生田絵梨花・桜井玲香
    • Like Like x 1
  17. MasToppu

MasToppu Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Kosaka Nao
    I think it is just fans/writer speculation. And the article also said that if these two collaborate, it will produce big hit song, cmiiw. Moreover, they are on the same label, SME.
    However, I feel a little bit uncomfortable with the yellow text on the bottom part of Maiyan hand. It said God, Buddha, and Kenshi-sama. With Maiyan picture clasping her hands, it looks like she is begging for the collab with/to Yonezu Kenshi.

• Informative Informative x 5
  18. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    OT: What's behind the meaning of Maiyan's name?

19. Seditious46

Seditious46 Next Girls

Oshimen:
    Higuchi Hina
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  20. cryspower

cryspower Future Girls

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    yeah. almost like a clear indication. unless its just what she wants. but i think they will probably have a date already, also with management will want to milk some national handshakes with Maiyan still around.