1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Should AKB48 be in the Opening Ceremony of the 2020 Olympics?

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by Kuchi-Chan, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

What do you mean exactly?
    He is part of the executive committee for the Olympics, and I imagine it has to do with the opening/closing ceremony.

People jumped to conclusions that he was pushing AKB in there, but he said he wasn't:
    “For now, no. Even if offers come in I will reject. Personally, i definitely don’t want to mix these 2 jobs together. I’m trying to pay back to the country without any selfish intentions.”
    https://allthingsjpop.wordpress.com...sibilities-of-48group-in-tokyo-2020-olympics/

So nah, I'd rather have the 48 (even 46) groups out of this, because you know the articles coming after it are going to be horrible to read.

What bothers me is that people forget that Akimoto isn't just the lyricist for AKB, but that he also wrote Misora Hibari's most famous song:

if the video does not show watch the video here

He is worthy of the job he's got at the committee, and I'm sure he won't use it for personal gain.

2. marioworldakb

marioworldakb Under Girls Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I thought this is pretty common knowledge if you call yourself a fan of his idol groups.

3. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I doubt many of the international fans know about Misora in the first place lol

As for the Japanese, when they created that online petition to push Akimoto away from the olympics, wasn’t it because of his involvement in AKB?

4. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    AkiP has nothing to do with it (OK I lie lol, but he is just one of a thousand reasons). AKB have bad reputation... really BAD! Bikini gravia, yakuza, AV (a lot), lolicon, HS, prostitution (some vision of people about HS and rumors about many popular girls in the past that they offered their services to sponsors and now Nanamin), kimo wota, casual scandals like boyfriend scandals or MINEGYOSHI! and etc etc etc... never end! Same as Johnys =)

Main! also Japanese people ashamed their idols. untalented, loli (a hint of pedophilia), ugly, in general the shame of Japan. not only in internet, also in real life too. 恥 and AKB always always together LOL

5. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    You speak like a true Japanese patriot

1.) idk

2.) idk but probably what STS said here. I just remember everyone hopped on the bandwagon with Matsuko Deluxe when she openly criticized AKB in Olympics.

6. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    No, I just write what I hear and read. I know some japanese who like "OMG you like AKB? LOL It's not strange for you? LOL", or like "Do you hear AKB? o_O Hazukashi~, yabai...".

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  7. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Sometimes these phrases might mean the opposite as in "No way! Me too lol" cuz they were just too embarrassed to share what they like in their private lives. Or yeah, maybe they are actually straight up judging you by your music taste and entertainment preference.

Japanese people are always not honest about themselves. It's just a Tatemae and Honne thing.

8. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    no, they were very open. They mean that it's so~ strange that non japanese people love their idols. Shock! They think that "japanese idols" is ... hm... some of typical japanese's strangenesses (in their opinion) that strange for foreigners. even for me, I'm korean, not from Korea of course =)

9. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Damn I always thought you are Indonesian...but yeah I guess normal Japanese would really have prejudice against their own sub-culture which also includes Anime Otakus

10. STS

STS Future Girls

Oshimen:
    山本望叶
    Indonesian? LOL well my english bad. but no, not even close, my native speak is russian.
    Yes japanese people always afraid to be humiliated... I think

P.S I actualy don't know many japanese, but mostly don't know them (they know just name) or not interesting at all but know some songs. And only one girls (not from Japan) who love AKB is korean LOL also. my friend who lived in Japan don't know any male who openly said that he love AKB, but know many female who said that they are love AKB (well at leat 4-5 years ago)

11. Mikansei

Mikansei Kenkyuusei

Enka Prince, Hikawa Kiyoshi will make it to opening ceremony for sure
    he is well known both domestically or internationally (thanks for db super opening),,
    as for aki-p girls or johnny's boys, I think its better to not show them to the main event

12. Spoony Rice

Spoony Rice Member

Oshimen:
    込山榛香
    Twitter:
    Spoony_Rice
    Korea had EXO and CL perform at the closing ceremonies, so maybe they'll do the same for AKB?

13. Kiri

Kiri Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    岡田奈々 / 손채영
    I get the feeling that male idols are treated better by the media so i wouldn't be surprised if some of them do perform.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2018
  14. Morrigan

Morrigan Kenkyuusei

Opening ceremony will be more standard cultural music acts to help introduce world to Japan history and such. Closing ceremony will be all about having fun and AKB/Sakamichi group should be participating due to their impact in pop music. Who cares about what old farts/foreigners say about the Idol subculture (its mostly ignorance or jealousy). Japanese music TV program MUSIC STATION has an end of year special with "all star" Japanese music acts every year and that would be a good example of what we might see in closing ceremony in a shorter format.

15. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

I just don't want them to participate because all they'll get is bad press.

I'd rather see Ayumi Hamasaki trying to revive her career for the nth time.

16. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    Did South Korea invite kpop bands to their opening/ending ceremony for winter olympics?

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

17. Trinu

Trinu Under Girls

Yes.
    EXO and CL performed in the closing ceremony.

18. Shirase Miyuki

Shirase Miyuki Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    AKB doesn't have to go there with frilly costumes and sing a cutesy song about teenage love or something.
    They can make a SakamichiAKB thing where the senbatsu of AKB&Sakamichi can come together and sing a motivating song. As much as the bad press hurts their reputation, they still are the ones ruling the Japanese music world, and are a very big presence in Japan. So I think it'd be appropriate for them to sing one song or something. Just to represent the 'idol' culture, you know.

19. PetalidiStelle

PetalidiStelle Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    okadanana
    Twitter:
    petalidistellee
    I didn't know about that, so I didn't know if he was even involved. That's why I was asking why people were considering AKB performing in the Olympics.
    I'm perfectly aware of his career as a lyricist beyond his idol groups so I also think he's a good choice for the committee.
    Speaking about myself, I'd like to see AKB there, but I agree that the pros and cons should be weighted. In general, I'd just like to see an idol representative of Japan. Idols are a controverse but relevant part of the Japanese culture. But yeah, nothing too over the top.

20. marioworldakb

Oshimen:
    Iwata "Sukinaso" Hina
    Twitter:
    marioworld929
    I remember at the ending ceremony of Rio, they were like using Mario as an olympic ambassador. So I think they are still open for soft powers to represent Japan. This might also be a chance for AKB to rebrand itself with a better image too.

But idk its not really a big deal if AKB makes it as performers or not for me, I just watch the Olympics anyways.