1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Should AKB48 spread internationally? Yes or No. Choose sides

Discussion in 'General AKB48 Discussion' started by RTBandGeek4ever, Feb 22, 2011.

1. RTBandGeek4ever

RTBandGeek4ever Kenkyuusei

Recently, news have broken out saying Akimoto might be deciding to spread the AKB48 industry "outside of Japan."

According to http://www.asahi.com/english/TKY201102010478.html Akimoto is currently looking into expansion into Taiwan.

Is this a right choice? Should he try to make AKB48 into an international idol group? Should AKB48 remain as the popular group that resembles the greatness of Japan? Why would he do it though?

Post your thoughts on this discussion on what YOU think is right.

2. honeysenpai

honeysenpai Kenkyuusei

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtwbMs_9WYk
    Twitter:
    missingno15
    Re: Should AKB48 spread internationally? Yes or No. Choose s

i feel like this thread was made before a bunch of times already

no i do not think he should spread internationally

3. RTBandGeek4ever

RTBandGeek4ever Kenkyuusei

Ahaha. Sorry ^-^ Didn't realize that it was talked about THAT much. Well, it doesn't hurt to post more so more can know about this.

4. wendychi

wendychi Member

Oshimen:
    Masumoto Kira

No. Japanese idol groups don't belong elsewhere, IMO.

5. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

NO

6. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

I think as long as it's not AKB48 IN Taiwan then it's fine, they can make re-make groups in other countries. It can just be formatted like AKB48 and not EXACTLY like it

7. Wolfic

Wolfic Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuirena

^
    What's wrong with Taiwan?

8. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

Theres nothing wrong with Taiwan, I just don't want AKB48 making a Chinease debut, or a debut ANYWHERE else

9. Youkokurama

Youkokurama Kenkyuusei

sigh. this topic again.

ok, i guess it gives me an excuse to give my stand once more:

NO.

but they can always create a group that functions like akb as long as:

- they keep their faces out of akb albums/singles/dvds/etc.
    - they don't force my akb girls to sing in any language other than japanese (something they already did with sdn that i'm not very happy about)
    - they don't link themselves to akb too closely to affect the group. if their members run into scandals, or decide to kill each other for money, or their management act like plain idiots, i wouldn't really mind as long as it doesn't affect akb.

10. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

No.

I think it's pretty unnecesary and it looks a tad desperate imo (ie. Morning Musume, even though I used to love them).

C: And since I'll be living in/near Japan, I'd prefer if they stay there ww.

11. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

At this point I think I should add "Taiwan48" to the banned words list... :fp:

12. writerserenyty

writerserenyty Kenkyuusei

I think making a group in another country probably wouldn't work, but I think spreading promotion overseas isn't a bad idea. AKB is already pretty much dominating Japan and it might be interesting to try and see them promote overseas.

That being said, even though an overseas group is probably a bad idea, if Aki-P makes a US group I want in. Even though I'm JUST too old to join AKB. :(

13. sola0713

sola0713 Kenkyuusei

Spot on, wendy.

Second that. Hell, I don't want Yukirin to start singing in chinese even though that's my mother-tongue. -_-

Didn't this same-topic-ed thread DIE in the Announcements section? Like, nobody wanted to discuss it anymore. xD

14. Shoudou

Shoudou Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kotaniriho

Definetely NOT

Idols are unique in the world and, maybe i am wrong with other countries, but i have seen some imitations here in Spain by some otakus people (I mean anime conventions) and was so pathetic...

15. karles48

karles48 Member Stage48 Donor

The only think I'd like is that the original AKB48 members visited Europe at least once every year so all the european fans were allowed to see them in person at a reasonable cost (and, of course, it would be nice too if the members coming were not always the same or the less famous). Anything else, from 'clone' groups to groups adapted to each country customs, would never be the same and it would be too easy that those groups were tainted for the country bad habits...so my answer is No.

16. JedixKnight

JedixKnight Kenkyuusei

Hmm a few internation tours would be good.... but not to often... as it would spoil the idea of "Idols you can meet everyday". However, exporting the idea out of Japan would be a bad bad bad idea.... firstly, AKB48 would then lose their popularity, which means their singles sales would plummet... secondly, chances of producing sub-standard groups in other countries are high.... on top of this... IF they were to form... what language will they sing their song in? English? Japanese? therefore spreading the idea is a no-no~~ :D

17. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

International concerts : oh so yes ! (but please, not when I am in Japan as it was for the Paris convention)
    International sister groups : absolutely no !

18. doraemon423

doraemon423 Kenkyuusei

No, please dont do it!! If they do it, I'm afraid they might end up like Wonder Girls]]: Then they will be less active in releasing songs and thus lose their great popularity]:

19. Ampersand

Ampersand Kenkyuusei

DO. NOT. WANT.

Why? Because right now, the real genuine article actually comes by and performs now and then. If some horrible local imitation or international variant rose up, what if THEY end up performing in my country when it could have been the real thing? [wonder]

I don't want Akimoto to say, "Well they have XXX48 so I don't need to send AKB48 there anymore". :(

20. RaysOfMorningGlory

RaysOfMorningGlory Kenkyuusei

No it's not a good idea as doraemon423 mentioned Wonder Girls there careers are in limbo since the US debut. They even opened for the Jonas Brothers one of the most famous artist in USA that teens, tween, and other peoples like. It would be great to go to perform internationally like Karles48 says, but if they try to make them migrate and sing in many different countries the girls might burnout. They already are having issues with idols you can meet idea because the stages aren't as active as before. etc

This is just my opinion on it.