1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single [SINGLE] AKB Idoling!!! - [Chuu Shiyouze!] (09/04/01)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by Tatami Mats, Dec 5, 2008.

1. SomethingWild

SomethingWild Kenkyuusei

It definitely helped Idoling. I took the time to check them out and became fan of at least one of them haha. Too bad their album didn't do it for me.

I wouldn't mind if they did something like this again, but there should be at least a year or so in between.

2. berlaberla

berlaberla Kenkyuusei

I'm so sorry to say and i hope i don't offend anyone but seriously all of the idoling girls look so weird. akb48 looks like angels beside them.

maybe thats why they decide to collaborate.

cause it makes abk48 looks good.

and why there isn't takamina? this sucks. nevermind. i don't think this collaboration is THAT good. i only like their outfits.

and seriously the kissing part. some of the idoling girls looks gross.

i'm really sorry but i have to let it out. please akb, don't ever collaborate again. just concentrate on your own singles like oogoe diamond and 10nen sakura!

3. yobanaide

yobanaide Kenkyuusei

^Well,In my opinion,the only idoling!!! girls that don't look weird to me are sakai & tonotono.
    I would like it if they collaborated with momusu.

4. Nizmo

Nizmo Kenkyuusei

I don't know who would feel insulted by saying Idoling!! is inferior to AKB48 which they are, and that they are a wannabe idol group because the whole concept behind them is exactly that.

This collab might have been successful from Idoling!!'s point of view, but from AKB48 point of view, it's just ho-hum, considering that 10nen Sakura have done much better. I think the management will not be so eager the next time because it's just not a good idea to keep helping Idoling!! become more popular and end up being AKB48's real competition, that's like raising a kitten that grows up to be a potential lion and kill its parent. Not that Idoling!! has that much potential, it's just an analogy.

If AKB48 wants to collab with other artists, I'd rather see them collab with top artists instead.

5. Shumatsu Samurai

Shumatsu Samurai Kenkyuusei

Let's say AKB did a collaboration with another group and someone called them inferior or wannabes, no doubt some fans would get mad / feel insulted.
    Speaking about Idoling!!!, even if I found them to be inferior, I wouldn't say it like that because of their fans, who may like them the way they are. As for the concept, I'd call them wannabe better idols - sounds nicer. I can see your point, though. I hope you see mine as well.

I'm sure 10nen Zakura is partially to blame for the sales of this one. But compare it (AKBIdoling) with AKB subgroups and sales don't look so bad anymore.
    And if management thought they create a true rival group, they probably wouldn't have done it in the first place. But even if one group gets more attention because of another group, they would still need to hold their own without help. And if they're good enough to do that, fans might switch to them regardless.

6. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

I feel insulted, and I'm not a fan of Idoling!!! at all. I just don't like seeing other artists be insulted like that. =/

7. Nizmo

Nizmo Kenkyuusei

^
    But it's not an insult, just facts. I'm really not in a mood to consider the fragile feelings of Idoling!! fans on a gosh darn AKB48 forum ok. So deal with it.

8. Naomi

^ Calling them an "inferior wannabe idol group" isn't a fact, it's an opinion. And it is an insult. >_>

9. Nizmo

Nizmo Kenkyuusei

^It is a fact, considering the status of popularity, sales, stature, star power, pretty much based on everything.

10. Aigon

Aigon Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki
    Twitter:
    TheJOMarra
    ^No, it is an opinion...your opinion. Their fans would obviously have a different view of them, so saying what you say is absolute fact is wrong.

11. Naomi

All of that doesn't make them inferior. It makes them more successful then Idoling!!!, but not necessarily "better".

12. Shumatsu Samurai

Shumatsu Samurai Kenkyuusei

Just because it's an AKB48 forum doesn't mean people here are not interested in anything else... when posting you should always consider the fragile feelings of everyone, no matter what the topic is or how much you feel you are right. One also doesn't even need to be an Idoling!!! fan to feel your choice of words was a bit inappropriate....

There's always more than one way to get your point across.
    How hard can it be?

13. Nizmo

Nizmo Kenkyuusei

The thing is I'm not stating my opinion, I'm stating a fact. Know the difference please.

That's right, AKB48 is more successful, one of the aspects that makes AKB48 superior to Idoling!! among many other facts.

I don't see how it was inappropriate in any way, Idoling!! is an inferior group regardless of how you look at it, and I'm not saying Idoling!! is a wannabe idol group not because I think of them that way, but the group itself promotes themselves that way! But I guess it could be seen as a misunderstanding if you are not familiar with Idoling!!'s concept. So if you don't like the way I have phrased them, maybe you should blame the group instead.

14. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48
    Why would top artists want to collaborate with AKB48? It would be bad for, say, Perfume to work with AKB48, because AKB48 are inferior. In terms of sales, stature, star power, pretty much everything... right? :roll:

15. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Friendly discussion is always welcome but let's NOT turn this thread into a battle zone.
    Peace yo! [​IMG]

Someone was asking if AKB48 appears in Idoling!!! show and the answer is YES.
    2009-04-06 Idoling!!!

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

The girls played an evil version of BADminton
    [​IMG]

Acchan was about to have a heart attack and Yuko's eyes were ready to pop out!
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

Watching Idoling!!! being punished while thinking they could be next
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

** EDIT **
    AKB48 will be on the show again next week

16. gideon123

gideon123 Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ Wuah! Yuko! :^O^:

And dude, I'm totally digging Kiyoutou's hair! B-)

17. Nizmo

Nizmo Kenkyuusei

That's right, you now get the idea of why I didn't like AKB48 collaborating with Idoling!!, there's very little the superior side gets out of in return in such cases. I don't want AKB48 to collab with any artist really, but if they were to do it, then I'd hope that top artists have enough confidence and generosity to collab with any artist like AKB48 has done.

However, your sarcastic comparison of Perfume was a bit off, as the gap between Perfume and AKB48 is much narrower than between ABK48 and Idoling!!. In fact, in some aspects, AKB48 is superior to Perfume, AKB48 has a stronger presence in representing the group in a broader way in showbiz, ranging from modeling, acting, variety shows to celebrity blogs. When you find that half a dozen AKB48 members are ranked in top 15 of idol category at Ameblog, their popularity is not something to be taken lightly, AKB48 is a legitimate top tier group in that respect.

18. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Thanks for the screenshots and information, Makistar!

Boy, am I glad that AKB48 teamed up with Idoling!!!

19. frblckstr1

frblckstr1 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    yamamotosayaka
    As a big fan of AKB48 and MM and also somewhat of Idoling!!! the return from this colaboration is that we get a lot of different games now in AKBINGO! that where previously only done on the Idoling show, which is something I hoped for when I first heart about this.

So Idoling!!! gains a bit more attention, we as AKB48 fans gain a diversity in games.
    And I would not mind seeing Takahashi Ai on that new science show in a rollercoaster B-)

20. gyan

gyan Kenkyuusei

I am confused as to why many are saying that akb does not really gain much from this collaboration.. Anyways a mini rant:
    1) If you think about it... it really comes down to the money, both akb and idoling fans will buy the single hence getting sales from both fanbases is a win win situation

2) It would be ignorant to say that all idoling fans are already a already a fan of akb anyways and vice versa. Hence more exposure with a broader audience. Does it really matter who has more fans? if an opportunity to gain something you can't do yourself is proposed wouldn't you take it?

3) Though I'd hate to admit it: there are things idoling members can do much better than akb members and vice versa as well. Maybe they can learn a thing or two about gravure and as mentioned above games and punishments. You know the saying keep your friends close but your enemies closer? well as far as i know healthy competition does wonders to people.

4) We must also consider the difference in cultures and tastes in japan as compared to an international board like stagee48. Different tastes in preferences such as looks and activities does actually exists. Even though many people may think idoling girls are weird looking or just not attractive, I am sure there are japanese people (keep in mind whom are still the primary audience) that would disagree. My main point i guess is despite sales and popularity of the groups it basically comes down to tastes. Just think of this collaboration as an extended buffet that will be associated with both idoling and akb.

5) AND FINALLY this collaboration does the whole idol culture and industry a whole lot of good. I keep thinking that since the recent kohaku where most idols were snubbed (well exept perfume) that perhaps idols are looked down on , or perhaps they are associated with WOTAS whom in the eye of the general public are usually framed negatively. A collaboration just shows and even gives hope of future collaborations and dream units regardless of popularity of the groups involved.

SO IDOLING inferior?...
    Eh if you go by the word for word definition of it i guess its a valid argument.Though one may be classified inferior that does not mean they cannot teach a superior group a thing or two. But in terms of AKB not gaining much from this? I totally disagree. Sorry if i keep babbling i just laugh at the idea of what may have sparked if it was mornign musume rather than idoling in this situation... Any case in terms of the single it is doing real well and am glad it happened.

BTW if i sound like an idoling fan am not really. Though michelle miki, erika toonica and endo mai are hot lol! Oh and by no means am i saying that collaborations the be all that ends all solution for instant fame... They are just simply a tool that helps groups grow.