Single [SINGLE] AKB Idoling!!! - [Chuu Shiyouze!] (09/04/01)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by Tatami Mats, Dec 5, 2008.

1. Nizmo

Nizmo Kenkyuusei

What you don't realize is that Idoling!! doesn't have a substantial fanbase so in reality AKB48 is carrying all the burden, and as you can see the sale figures isn't even better than 10nen sakura. If the collab was done with a top artist that has a huge fanbase, then the benefit of collab would be much more apparent in sales figures, such as 200K in sales, doubling the sales of 10nen sakura. I get an impression that AKB48 gets more new fans with a AKB48 single rather than going after a small Idoling!! fanbase with this collab effort. So given a choice, I'd prefer that AKB48 go after new fans in general with their own singles.

Seeing that Idoling!! is a much lesser known group, and AKB48 a nationally known group, what more exposure could AKB48 get out of Idoling!! fans, who are clearly a minority of hardcore wota to be their fans, and as such should already know about AKB48 anyway.

I never felt that AKB48 sucked at gravure, so I fail see your point. I'd be really pissed if silly games is all AKB48 gets in return to be honest. Again, I have to stress the fact that Idoling!! simply gets more out of this collab than AKB48 does, so why teach your enemy more new tricks? Although I don't even consider Idoling!! as an enemy, that's why I've used the analogy of a kitten growing up to be a lion, basically I feel that AKB48 is creating an enemy that isn't enough of a threat to be considered an enemy before with this collab.

The reason I didn't bring up "Their music is better." or "They look better." type of issue is because these topics are indeed purely SUBJECTIVE, so you are stirring up a pot that is rather irrelevant. Your point however seems redundant, as basically you are repeating the point of 2). And again, I must remind you, Idoling!! fanbase is tiny and a hardcore wota, so they already know AKB48.

I don't agree, I don't want AKB48 to be associated with a minor hardcore wota idol group like Idoling!! at all, it gives an impression that AKB48 was dragged down to their level. One of the reasons why Morning Musume has deteriorated over time is because they catered too much to the wota crowd, thereby alienating the general public from becoming fans. AKB48's formula for success still is their accessibility to every person who is interested in seeing them perform live up close. AKB48 is mainstream because the female peer groups have accepted their music without the pesky interference of hardcore wota blocking the way. The way each AKB48 member promotes the group as well as themselves individually through many streams of showbiz is the right way to spread their popularity, and not relying on an inferior idol group and its hardcore wota fan base.

I would be even more against the collab if it was with the dreadful Morning Musume, because unlike Idoling!! who really has no recognizable reputation one way or the other, MM carries a lot of baggage, most of it very negative. MM is also somewhat of a subject of a social humor in Japan, so any idol group that would collab with MM is messing with a potential career-death wish and losing all the credibility within the music industry as well as the public. Let's be real, MM is still around only because of their past glory, the current group is clearly inferior to AKB48 by a lot. This is coming from a former H!P fan who knows far more about MM than AKB48, so it should tell you that MM is pretty much a taboo idol group nobody should touch with a 10-foot pole.

I do realize that a collab has its perks, but in this case, I really don't see anything substantial coming out of it for AKB48.

2. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

^ AKB caters towards the wota like Morning Musume and Idoling!!! as well, so don't act like they don't...

3. yobanaide

yobanaide Kenkyuusei

^Yeah,I'm gonna have to side with everyone else on this,All jpop idol groups are special and equally awesome in their own way.This is coming from a HUGE fan of both h!p & AKB48,i'm a semi-huge fan of Idoling!!! but that gives nizmo no right to start a war here.BTW,I wouldn't mind seeing an akb48/morning musume collaboration & Calling that a kiss of death is a Huge Mistake.

4. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I don't want to add to the argument/discussion, but all of the Japanese people I've spoken to about AKB have had less than positive things to say, and mostly focus on their fanbase. This was almost a year ago, mind you, but this still shows that AKB48, despite its newness, has baggage, too.

5. Nizmo

Nizmo Kenkyuusei

Yes, I won't deny that AKB48 is not being looked upon positively from every person in Japan, now multiply that sentiment by 10-fold and you have MM's image in public.

I really have no concerns of MM ever collaborating with AKB48, UFA is too cheap and greedy as an agency to ever think of sharing any profit. Wait, they might if MM could no longer sell a thing. What a scary thought.

6. berlaberla

berlaberla Kenkyuusei

I dont think that nizmo is starting a war here. Everyone has the rights to voice out their opinions or fact. Thats what a forum is for anyway right? As long as everyone is speaking politely, it's perfectly okay isn't it??

As for me, I've never heard of Idoling!! before until this collaboration, and even so after watching Chuu i immediately closed the song half way through. If I did this, I believe there will be people who did this to, which means people won't buy the single.

i'm not good as explaining but if you get my point, i'm trying to say that if this single was all akb members, akb fans will buy it. but now that it's a collab with idoling!!!, akb fans who don't like idolling!! won't buy it.

although i know there're fans of idoling!!! too, but you get what i mean??

Sorry akb > idolling!!

7. yobanaide

yobanaide Kenkyuusei

^Oh,I'm sorry,I didn't know that.
    Btw,this is a free world & everyone is allowed to voice their opinion.
    And as long as everyone is friendly & polite,It's okay.
    just no war or akb/idoling/mm bashing.

8. berlaberla

berlaberla Kenkyuusei

^ i just re-read my comment and it sounds abit harsh so im sorry about it. :D

like that makistar said, peace yo! so hopefully this 'war' will stop soon. we've all voiced out our opinion and rants. and i really hope some of the members can be more friendly and not be so rude to other members. i don't want to name names yeah but it seems like this member is rude most of the time.

to avoid starting a war, lets all be more careful in our words and be nice to everyone cause all of us are akb48 fans, we don't want to be fighting amongst ourselves isn't it? :D

we should all learn to accept each other's opinion and this is a forum, everyone has the right to comment on their likes and dislikes as long as it's not too offensive, right?

9. makistar

makistar Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

OK, let's end the discussion right here. This thread is more on their single.
    I will delete any further discussion on one group is better than others crap. >(

10. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    I'm lazy/not resourceful.

Refresh my mind, what's the difference between LE A and LE B?

11. Silverbolt

Silverbolt Kenkyuusei

Aww... Right when I was gonna jump in and clear up some misconceptions about Idoling!!! :XD:

Anyway, the two limited editions have different jackets and different bonus DVDs. LE A (PCCA-02872) comes with the PV and the making of the PV. LE B (PCCA-02873) comes with the kiss version of the PV and a video of the CD jacket photoshoot. See here: http://www.ponycanyon.co.jp/akbidoling/discography.html

12. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
  13. Criss

Criss Member

Oh my.... what an epic and USELESS discution, discuss in that way about just Idols (whatever they are) its a little... waste of time :lol: . This collaboration its, in all termes "historic". Not all the Idol organization dare to do such things. WHATEVER the reason WHATEVER the result. So... im happy to witness this AKBIdoling!!! "thing" :eek:

Thats all I have to say :D .

BTW, that Idoling!!! Nikki episode was soooo funny. :lol: And more to come next week!! ;)

14. gyan

gyan Kenkyuusei

Eh am sorry if my put more fuel in to the fire. All i really wanted to say i guess was this collaboration was not so bad as what it was framed to be. And i did try to look at many different perspectives to prevent a biased conclusion.

15. Hiro@Vegas

Hiro@Vegas Kenkyuusei

AKB・Idoling in 6/1 Hey Hey Hey

[​IMG][​IMG]

16. shockingbuggy

shockingbuggy Kenkyuusei

Woah... that's kind of random. Why were they on the show? Their single came out like 2 months ago... unless they have a new single? :D I really enjoyed this last one, so if they have another one, I'll support it!

17. jam

jam Kenkyuusei

^ ^ On Youtube: LINK

18. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Maimai is there too!!! <3
    Thanks for the link.

19. pandadash

pandadash Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    matsuijurina
    Thanks for the link, jam.
    Oh Erepyon is leading the charge this time <3

20. RocketStarLauncher

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Acchan didn't get a close-up when the cameraman was walking around... That's peculiar.