1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single [SINGLE] DiVA debut single [Tsuki no uragawa] - 2011/5/18

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by loveandcoffee, Feb 27, 2011.

1. BlitzTs

BlitzTs Kenkyuusei

Re: [SINGLE] DiVA debut single [Tsuki no uragawa] - 2011/5/1

^
    I think Yuka was given more like cause if they perform it live Yuka chance of screwing up is less compare to Ume-chan and Sae. No offence though. I think Sayaka got about the same amount of line as Yuka in Tsuki no uragawa and Fade out. I don't know about Information. I still don't know who is singing which line. The one only i found out is Ume-chan. :fp:
    I happy Yuka and Sayaka got quite a lot of line. Aki-p is finally putting their talent to good use :)

2. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

yes, Sayaka and Ume both tweeted they were coming back from voice lessons, and Yuka tweeted earlier that she was going somewhere "she always wanted to go" (and she's said quite a lot of times she wanted to take serious singing training). So I don't see why Sae wouldn't attend, too.

3. BlitzTs

BlitzTs Kenkyuusei

^
    That's kind of awesome. Better performance from them next time :D

4. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88

Oh, that's why their performance in Kamisun was way better than in MJ [rock]
    A bit more training and they are PERFECT [rock]

5. srking

srking Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

With all due respect to the single producers and staff:

they can do better. If you cannot stand criticism, please ignore my post.

The only song I like a lot is "Fade Out".

After listening to Tsuki no Uragawa and despite the awesome choreography, I can't bring myself to love this song. It's alright I guess.

I see where the Blue Rose remix is coming from, and I can hear the effort in the girls' singing to try to achieve that house kind of vibe. But it totally seems like the arrangements were done independent of the song's tune---like someone mixed a few beats together in Garage Band and o btw, why not put the Blue Rose melody in the mix and add some riffs....viola, a new song!

Even for me, who thinks TK is still relevant...Information is just :fp: It sounds like him, but like a cheap imposter???

Overall, the songs seemed picked from warehoused tunes. The lyrics is alright I guess. In comparison, Area K is much better. If it's their debut single, I would've like it better.

Although, the documentary is a much-watch. Please watch it. It is a feel-good movie. You can kind of see this pattern in the Team K and the individual members' lives. First, you get kind of screwed, then hope comes and then you emerge awesome. So I hope it's the same, if not better, case for DiVE (I love this name) :)

6. kurotori

kurotori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae

Cool that they're getting voice lessons! They really are aiming to be real artists :^O^:

About the whole line/screentime issue, Yuka and Sayaka have the best vocals, while Sae and Ume Are stronger dancers. The pattern of the songs is Yuka and Sae sing the first verse, and the other to sing the pre-chorus, then they switch. The reason Yuka/Sae sing first, is because Yuka has the best voice (well, I think so), and Aki-p is clearly pushing her (she definetly deserves it), and Sae is the most popular (and I think her voice is stronger than Ume's). This is just an oppinion...

I also noticed Ume gets the least amount of screentime, and it's probably has something to do with being the least popular...

But this group is pretty fair, more so than other sub-groups *coughfrenchkisscough*.

I'm really glad the girls have this group, since I really love them all :cute:

7. DSQ

DSQ Kenkyuusei

imo when there are only four members I doesn't matter who get one or two lines more than another girl. Because in the end none of the memebers can be ignored and all get time to shine~ [rock]

But I'm worried about this drop to forth in the charts, I really hope the girls are still able to be third in the weekly :cry:

8. convenience93

convenience93 Member

Oshimen:
    Jang Wonyoung

Not digging Information either =X
    Too TK-ish..too much TK in avex recently...sorry dude...too much.
    And like what someone stated earlier...doesn't even feel like TK's best...

Tsuki no Uragawa on the other hand has been really growing on me...and the PV of course is gorgeous <3 Fade out is an awesome song with stunning choreography too :inlove:

However I do feel DiVA has so much more potential...and could have done a lot better...but instead of whining about Avex this time...still gotta thank them for yaknow...thx to them DiVA gets a chance to establish themselves as artists...and the voice training...is it thanks to Avex too?? <3

9. teddbear55

teddbear55 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    moriyasumadoka

I like all songs on this single a lot!!!!!! I really like this style they have. An excellent debut single [party]

10. kurotori

kurotori Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    miyazawasae

I don't hate Information, it could've been MUCH better though.
    I DO hate the instrumental, I think it's a lame pop-y retroish fail :tongue:

I could only afford one copy, soo happy I chose type A :awesome:

11. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

Finally, I've been able to sit down and really listen to each song a few times and I can form a solid opinion. Overall, I think this single is okay. It's got a few gems here and there, but it's not really a stand out single. I'm still bitter DIVA was broken up and I was hoping for something amazing from this group, but what we got was only lack-luster. Sure, the singing is great and the dances look good, but the songs themselves are not what I was expecting. Here's my breakdown of favorite song to least favorite:

Information>Tsuki no Uragawa>Blue Rose>Fade Out>Tsuki no Uragawa Remix

Everyone seems to be really hating on [Information] but I find it to be a really good song with some awesome vocals and catchy sound. [Tsuki no Uragawa] is next on my list, the beat is solid and the vocals are really well done. Overall, this was a very good choice for the A-Side. [Blue Rose] is third. Sure, the song sounds almost completely different from the original, but I feel this version gives the song more flavor and a sexy, cool, latin-esq sound. Despite all the hate this remix is getting, I really enjoy it. Fourth is [Fade Out]. When I first heard this song I thought I would like it better, but after really listening to it, it's just too repetitive. There's very little changes in the song and it just sound the same throughout. The dance is probably awesome, though, since I image this would be a really cool song to dance to. Finally, we come to the [Tsuki no Uragawa] remix. I've heard better, and this remix is bland and dry, and as someone else pointed out in an earlier post, just as boring at the Tokyo Jyosho Ryuu remixes they have on their singles.

As I said above, this single has a few gems here and there, it's not terrible, but it's not outstanding either. I expected more from DiVA, but I still like them as a group for their vocal ability. Here's hoping their next single will be better.

Kay

12. BlitzTs

BlitzTs Kenkyuusei

It's hard being artist in Japan.
    Idol only have to look good but artist have to look good and sings good. [speechless]

13. saika.city

saika.city Kenkyuusei

"Information" was stuck in my head until "Tonari no Banana" got stuck in my head. :fp: "Information is a pretty cool song though! [rock] But, "Fade out" is my favorite song out of their single and now since I brought it up, it's stuck in my head, but at least I can stand listening to this song!!! :lol:

14. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88

I'm more used to artists than idols honestly. had never touched idol-fandom before getting into akb48 :^^;:

15. chiyuki

chiyuki Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    sashihararino

I agree. Information is my favorite from the single. <3 Though, it took quite a few plays to really love it. The melody gets stuck in my head like crazy, but I love it.

16. Red13th

Red13th Member

Oshimen:
    shimadaharuka

Happy Music -- DiVA -- Tsuki no Uragawa [party] [party]

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R8Nzt_BfAc[/yt]

17. bluedarkness12

bluedarkness12 Kenkyuusei

18. Ueno

Ueno Kenkyuusei

On a diff program:
    [yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HkQonbwJLWA[/yt]

19. Amrai

Amrai Kenkyuusei

Somewhere talking about Sayaka A. and AKB

YES. I was thinking they've always had good voices only if only they could have voice training to help them even more. YESYESYESYESYESYES. :D

20. Kokoro

Kokoro Kenkyuusei

Today was DiVA Osaka release event.

They performed Tsuki no Uragawa, Fade Out and Blue Rose (DiVA ver).

It was completely live and all four did really good.
    But Yuka's voice in real life live is even better than live recorded on DVD (do you get that?). Very intense.

After that, there was a name card exchange event. You could exchange a self-written name card with a message against a card from the girls.

Except that I am sunburnt all over from standing at the outdoors venue for 7 hours, it was just a great event.

BTW, am I the only one who likes all songs on the single??? (OK, Blue Rose is a bit disappointing)