Single [SINGLE] DiVA debut single [Tsuki no uragawa] - 2011/5/18

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by loveandcoffee, Feb 27, 2011.

1. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

Re: [SINGLE] DiVA debut single [TBA] (4/27)

its still not that much of a big deal. its just like nacchi and shiichan were excluded from French Kiss.

you know what, i realized the lowercase i in the name REALLY annoys me.

2. loveandcoffee

loveandcoffee Kenkyuusei

Me too, but at least in this first stage, it's the only thing I can use to separate the new unit from the c/w supergroup :/. I want to get rid of it and just write "Diva" asap lol.

3. Naomi

Naomi Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

i dON't knOw. i KInD of LiKE raNDoM caPItaLiZATiONs.

I'm guessing they did it to distinguish it from the original DIVA, so maybe DIVA won't be gone forever.

4. Ange

Ange Member

The Stage48 Institute for Akimoto Sayaka Worship

They should have just put another same to the unit, so people wouldn't be so confused. But of well, what's done, it's done.

Perhaps b-sides DIVA will change its name.

5. MrMojo

MrMojo Kenkyuusei

OMG.........

That's it! Don't care if I'm broke but must save up to pre-orders the Ltd. Ed.'s A+B+C :^O^:

You all know it'll sell out quickly so pre-order once available!

Let's all hope that the original DIVA group stays in place. I really like them [rock]
    Mocchi should've been allowed to join in the new DiVA unit. She's a good singer and dancer!
    But I can understand why not since she's already in French Kiss.

6. issa

issa Kenkyuusei

DiVA's name got avex'd lol. :/ gotta love random capitalization.

7. Ange

Ange Member

8. kashiko

kashiko Kenkyuusei

OMG my wish come true. I know office48 will debut these talents girls in a sub-unit and yeah :inlove:

9. Kay

Kay Kenkyuusei

Hmm, after having time to think about this today, I'm not really sure I'm too happy with this group either. Being such a new fan and not knowing members as well as most of the other forum users here, I can't really complain about the members too much, but I do have a sinking feeling that DIVA will disappear and this upsets me a lot because A.) I really liked their music and B.) Shii-chan was in both their songs. I was really happy to see Shii-chan in a... steady... more than one time... unit/group/thing. Even if they were just for B-Sides and even if she was one of the dancers in the back, just having her there made me happy enough. I have to agree with what other members have said that keeping some of the other girls in the group, or just keeping DIVA as they were, and having a vocal/dance unit like EXILE would have been a great idea. It would have gotten a lot of different girls more exposure, too. Still, I guess this new group is just an Office48 unit and that's just how it is. I would have preferred a change in name, though, (and I don't mean by turning an uppercase I into a lower case one) and having DIVA still exist.

Aside from that I'm still interested in this group, just sad that it seem DIVA will be no more. I'm looking forward to hearing their songs.

Kay

10. Mr Waffle

Mr Waffle Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Aki-P
    Twitter:
    mrwaffle48

7 versions... avex... :fp:

I'm buying 1.

11. deimos9

deimos9 Kenkyuusei

I'm still slowly inching into the AKB48 field, but I have to say I'm excited for this unit cause I've always had an intrest in Sayaka. I love girls who can handle a lil scandel and she seems like a strong performer. I've watched videos of Blue Rose quite a bit (cause of Meetan lol), so it doesn't bother me to see them as a group of 4 rather than the member count from the singles.

12. Ange

Ange Member

1 of each type. [aup]

13. Raiden

Raiden Kenkyuusei

Oh and this probably doesn't mean anything, but DiVA's Avex page is titled "DIVA official website", even though the rest of the page uses DiVA.

14. Jasey

Jasey Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Yay =D I think we have enough units already, but this one's a bit different and isn't full of popular girls so I'm happy. Blue Rose makes me a bit sad since I think it was probably Meetan's only unit song that got in AX this year, I hope that if it gets in next year it's her performing not Umechan.

Bring on a good song!

15. MecchaMelon

MecchaMelon Kenkyuusei

You guys are acting like DIVA was a permanent installation of AKB. :blink: Don't get me wrong, I adore it too, but I was pretty surprised when DIVA and MINT appeared in two singles in a row. Even if it hadn't been for DiVA's creation, I would have been extremely surprised if DIVA and MINT were in the next single. I always saw them as a pleasant alternative to Undergirls but I didn't expect them to be around forever because management is constantly switching things up so that AKB doesn't stagnate. That's been their modus operandi especially in the past year as their popularity has been booming.

If B-side DIVA is really done with, I'm sure they'll keep us guessing with some new way to organize Undergirls and similar. It's not the fault of the girls in DiVA that their promotion to a subunit based on their exceptional talents may mean a change in previous Undergirl formations, so please stop saying things like they're "putting a dagger in DIVA." :\ 3/4 of them are usually Undergirls anyway, so it affects them, too. Can't we just be happy for them? :awesome:

16. Jin

Jin Kenkyuusei

Blue rose -DiVA ver.- :inlove:

17. Blu-Cherri

Blu-Cherri Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    oyashizuka

nacchi and shiichan being left out of french kiss made some sense with watanabe seeming to push both of them more in the variety direction(appearances on tv shows and such) but kana's absence from this is just kinda saddening...and I'm not even particularly a kana fan.also watanabe need to scoop up some promoted kks and make a new unit with shiichan rapping and nacchi being all big vocals, you know it makes sense
    Anyway this is really exciting, office48 has been needing to get their game together for a long time now! [party]

18. sada

sada Kenkyuusei

Isn't it that 2/4 are Theatregirls?

19. maxaroni

maxaroni Kenkyuusei

yeah, sae : senbatsu
    sayaka; awkward spot (not senbatsu, not quite an undergirl... DIVA is the only place that she fits imo lol)
    yuka & ume: theater girls

20. MecchaMelon

MecchaMelon Kenkyuusei

Ahh yeah, you guys are right, I'm not super great on the undergirls/theater girls divisions. In my head I was thinking Sayaka/Yuka/Ume = DIVA = theater girls but that's not really it. I just meant that like, because the three of them have been non-senbatsu lately, they're likely to be affected by changes in Undergirls/Theater girls lineups just as much as anyone NOT in a sub unit. *shrug*