Single [SINGLE] Itano Tomomi - Solo Debut [Dear J] - 2011/01/26

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by aakun, Dec 11, 2010.

1. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

i can't believe that she did very well , she was up against a JYJ-less tohoshinki,not bad for a newbie

2. MinnieMayuyu

MinnieMayuyu Kenkyuusei

I don't think there's anything to *gasp* at in regards to Tohoshinki, considering that it's the second best first day sales they've had, in regards to single's sales, since they debuted in Japan it's great! Plus JYJ's mini album The... only sold 139,708 in it's first week, and considering Avex tends to have higher selling albums in comparison to their singles as well as the fact that their was more promotion for The... than Why? Keep Your Head Down, theres nothing to be sad about! Plus it means more Changmin camera time [party]

3. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

lol nono XD itsn ot like FUUU YOU THSK YOU MADE TOMOCHIN LOSE 1 >__> im just surprised they can sell this well after all the drama that happened around them. and those 2 were the least popular members so it /is/ surprising.

oh i just realized the "fuck D=" can be misinterpreted, it means "fuck D=, i cant believe she sold that well" lol

@Azarashi: SKE had shashinkai though xD i still think it'll do like 20k or lower. anything over that will surprise me.

@DSQ: the theater handshaking events (the other subunits dont have those)

4. kopkrazy

kopkrazy Member

^ well mate i thought that the remaining 2 dbsk/tohoshinki are very popular members..one of them is acchan interested on. is JYJ more popular than the remaining 2 ??

5. MinnieMayuyu

MinnieMayuyu Kenkyuusei

Tohoshinki member popularity is all over the place! The CDTV most wanted lover ranking for 2010 went Jejung (1), Yoochun (3), Changmin (6), Junsu (7), Yunho (AKA Acchan love interest) but he didn't make it into the top twenty so who knows where he was... Jejung and Yoochun released Colours as a duo and it sold more than all but one of the groups 2009 releases, Junsu released intoxication, at the same time AKB48 released Ponytail, and it managed to sell over 225,000 copies (I blame cassies buying anything Tohoshink since everyone was in a state of panic and was desperate to get their hands on anything Tohoshinki related...) But still after the split Changmin was doing magazine shoots all over the place, so that definitly would of helped him in terms of popularity. But at the end of the day it's just nice to know that Japanese fans didn't try and boycott the sales like the Korean fans, were rumoured, to be doing. Which is why I am so happy for both Tohoshink and Itano regardless of the outcome!

6. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
    Oh crap woah. That's awesome for her.

If she does this well, I can't imagine what Not Yet will look like.

7. JAKKfromAKB48

JAKKfromAKB48 Kenkyuusei

[party] [party] [party] I TOLD YOU SO!!! [party] [party] [party]

HAHHA I was right and most of you were wrong :tongue: :tongue:

Next time just have faith in Tomochin!

Good job Tomochin :cute: Your amazing :blush:

8. Criss

Criss Member

The best begining for a 48 solo or subgroup right? Amazing indeed.

Congrats.

Now... I dont know Not Yet have the same effect, Tomochin is for sure another thing.

9. aakun

aakun Kenkyuusei

LOL JAKKfromAKB48 you win at life <3 XD

10. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

do you guys have the dear j's download link?

11. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
  12. xxdelta

xxdelta Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kizakiyuria
    When I saw the 7000 something midday sales I admit I was abit concerned but almost 100k holy ***

13. Criss

Criss Member

Well this numbers arent that strange really, the single and image for it its not the classic Idolish Girl-next-door style, its more like the "J-pop Diva" and japaneses love that. [clap] [clap] Add that to her actual Fan Base and voilà!!!

14. vutt

vutt Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    aaabbbccc
    What fanbase!?!
    Wise men @2ch and few here think it's all because HoriPro girls handshake tickets perks. It must be true then.

/sarcasm off

15. muuh

muuh Kenkyuusei

HOLY S***, I only just remembered that Tomochin's single released today, so I wanted to take a qick look at oricon, but I really didn't expect this. Of course, she is very popular, but selling so many copies in one day is amazing - especially for a 48 member.

And I thought French Kiss did a great job...

16. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    JAKK, you deserve this victory. :blush:

Oh, I thought they were JE, this is even better though.

Yay Tomochin! This is superb, on her 1st day with her debut single she's already outsold a typical Avex diva's 1st week sales. [clap] I'm so happy for her! With these sales, there's no way that we're not going to see more singles and possibly an album in the future. She may get even bigger fashion tie-ins. :cute:

Christ, I was mildly entertaining the thought but now I'm seriously thinking she might actually break Top 3 in the senbatsu elections this year. :blink:

17. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    That's a great job for Tomochin, but too bad Tohoshinki's impeding her...and here are two things I have to say:
    1. I DON'T LIKE TOHOSHINKI - ALL BECAUSE OF CONTROVERSIES OVER THE PAST COUPLE OF YEARS ABOUT THEIR CONTRACTS!!! [boom]
    2. I hope Tomochin improves and become #1 on her next single!

18. RocketStarLauncher

RocketStarLauncher Member Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    Sato Natsuki
  19. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru
    ^Sankyou! <3

20. emanc

emanc Kenkyuusei

Living under a rock are we?