1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single [SINGLE] Iwasa Misaki 1st Single [Mujin-eki] '12/02/01

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by ijkm, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

Re: [SINGLE] Iwasa Misaki 1st Single [Mujin-eki] 2012.02.01

Wow that previous post disappeared so quickly! Where did it go?

Anyway it didn;t go before I could download the 441mb file to have a look at how Wasamin went in her NHK performance.

So I matched and ran the MJ and NHK performances together. The first sections identical in key, pitch and tempo. Wow, the live orchestra played the exact same tempo and pitch as the MJ performance which had the standard recorded guitar based backing.

The NHK performance had a very different feel to it though. The standard guitar based sound track is more heavy and driving the tempo.

The orchestra was softer and less overpowering and not particularly driving the tempo, as you can imagine when compared to those electric guitars. This caused Wasamin's voice to be featured more, and you could hear her lower tones early in the song much more easily, in fact very clearly.

They used a different arrangement in the second half of NHK to the MJ performance so I couldn't match the two tracks.

Wasamin was probably quite tense though you could not pick from her voice, or maybe I was feeling tense for her. lol

Anyway, her lower tones were clear, right on pitch and very nice control. Sounded real good. She sang the whole things without mistake, clearly but with the emphasis on some notes being different to the performances with the louder guitar backing. This made the second half sound a bit different than what we are used to with the CD.

I think she will learn, with this type of song especially, that she will have to make up for the lack of driving music and beats by adapting her emphasis and creat it with her voice. However at this venue NHK this wouldn't have been appropriate I guess. She gave it more of a true enka performance, featuring voice rather than beat, in the later part. She sounded only slightly uncertain on one note, a little hesitant, though most probably wouldn't have noticed.

Overall this was an excellent performance, sang very well indeed, with the degree of difficulty much much higher because of the totally different backing music, and live orchestra and of course being a very young new girl among much older very experienced enka singers. Have to give her 100% for this.

She is getting some tough challenges in this enka initiation and is passing every one of them.

She said on her blog she is learning a musical instrument that she likes. I hope that it is guitar because that will be very useful for her enka career. She also said she didn't have time to attend practice so had to teach herself sometimes.

2. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

^ Uploaded that 120221 NHK performance to youtube:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GIYeJYsR5hw[/yt]

3. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

^ Taken down already. :(

4. Cristafari

Cristafari Stage48 Admin Staff Member Stage48 Admin

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

I found myself watching the other performers expressions while she was being interviewed. One concern is how seriousl she is being taken by the enka establishment. But they seemed to be smiling and nodding in approval...

You can tell how she continues to get more comfortable performing Mujineki. She is even experimenting with a few lines in the song. Changing them up a bit. Very nice.

That's my baby! :inlove:

5. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

Really? Sorry. It tells me "Video blocked in some countries". I can still see it. And I think a couple of other members have. I'd be grateful if other members could let me know if it works. I didn't get the "Rejected (terms of use violation)" that youtube gives you if its properly blocked.

6. ET920

ET920 Member

This video contains content from NHK, who has blocked it on copyright grounds.

7. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

I get same message as ET

Par for the course when linking YT Vids

8. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

like I said I managed to download the 441mb file before that whole post disappeared. maybe I can copy the file to photbucket with password. will have to see later.

Wait....I still have the link where I found the HD video.

http://asianchanel.blogspot.com.au/2012 ... 1-nhk.html
    Get this file while you can, it really is high quality.

Also another Youtube link up.

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y3AM31pQESA[/yt]

9. lionheartedvalor

lionheartedvalor Kenkyuusei

^ Thanks for the link, Kinaa.
    I try to avoid downloading video files (massive size = literally hours for me) but Wasamin's performance is too wonderful not to be saved.

10. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina
  11. otahiro

otahiro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    minegishiminami

4th week numbers are in. "Mujin-eki" places 20th for the week with 5,308 units sold. YTD totals are now at 38,519 sold. I'm predicting the end of year tally for Wasamin's debut will easily double the first week sales figure of 23,773...maybe closer to 75k or more.

I'd say she's doing pretty well for a girl who couldn't get enough votes to break into the Undergirls at the 2011 Senbatsu Sousenkyo. I'm guessing her devoted wotas helped out on the initial number, but her sustained sales figures will come from the enka-listening demographic.

What's even more impressive is her first single isn't even a traditional-style enka song. I am looking forward to her singing something more in the style of the songs performed by Mizumori Kaori.

12. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari

That would be great if it came true! I was just hoping she would pass 50K for the year. It was good that they promoted her and the single pretty hard, helping her stay in the Top 20 for the month.

Good job Wasamin! :inlove:

13. Llewella

Llewella Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kashiwagiyuki

She's selling very well, and the numbers are obviously not Idol or even pop like : no brutal decrease after the few first days.
    She will very probably pass the 50k mark this year, I wouldn't hope for much more. But this would already be a great success.

14. Kinaa

Kinaa Kenkyuusei

Wasamin will no doubt have some enka concerts to participate in during the year and will also probably figure more prominently in AKB concerts as well, plus a lot more tv appearances for her, actually singing.

So this could help keep the sales flow going for much of the year. And who knows she may have another release, say on an album with other enka singers (nagarapro) later in the year which will keep things going for her. One can only hope for such things. They need to strike while she is fresh in people's minds so they can build on all the hard work done so far.

Think I accidentally deleted the linkg.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piQKD6t4YjE

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piQKD6t4YjE[/yt]

And boy, hasn't Wasmin improved so much from those first Youtube clips. Speaking to a musician/conductor/composer only yesterday about the youthful voice, and how it takes to about 20 to properly mature. In the meantime enjoy Wasamin's very youthful voice.

15. aces

aces Kenkyuusei

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but.... I didn't think anything of enka until I heard Wasamin's solo --and now I am in love :inlove: I've been looking for enka on Youtube but I haven't been too successful just searching for "enka." Does anyone have any enka recommendations?

16. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

17. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    Another recent TV performance, with full orchestra:

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XoW1pnJjopQ[/yt]

(I thought I'd linked some other ones recently, maybe in Wasamin's thread instead)

18. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd
    Another live performance will full orchestra:
    120816 Meikyoku! Nippon no Uta

[yt]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJReXEbfTkM[/yt]

19. Cristafari

Oshimen:
    Iwasa Misaki
    Twitter:
    Cristafari
    Even if it isnt her best performance, she is awesome as usual

Best true singer in AKB by a mile

20. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

I have a High Def copy of her debut on live tv with NHK where she totally aced it, and looked totally great doing it....with a beautiful smile at the end. Also her prior interview. BUT cant get it loaded on youtube without being blocked. It is my favourite video of her. she looked just great.