Single [SINGLE] Iwasa Misaki 1st Single [Mujin-eki] '12/02/01

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by ijkm, Dec 6, 2011.

1. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
  2. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

My wife recalls posting a link to this video at the time, fortunately I also downloaded. Maybe there are copies elsewhere around.

This should have been her most nervous moment, the first tv live broadcast with orchestra, in front of also all those enka veterans and experts.

If she was nervous it didn't show. Here she has poise, relaxed and gives her best 'performance' (though not her best version of the song) with the skills she then had. Skills and voice improved I think since then.

And check out her self satisfied smile at the end, just too gorgeous. And that red kimono....so nice.

[dm]xswwpu_mje-0_music[/dm]

3. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Video is now not private.

Watch it before it gets blocked.

4. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Been a while....but this is where Mujin Eki was shot, with snow.

Looks excellent.

[dm]xt0axg_this-is-the-station-snow_travel[/dm]

5. moomookan

moomookan Member Wiki48 Editor

Oshimen:
    Yamauchi Mizuki, Yagi Toa
    Someone on the Tokyo Dome Concert thread posted about Wasamin getting a 2nd single. Was that true or just trolling?

6. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

No that was joking. it means Mujin AKB... which means Unmanned AKB.

this means Unmanned AKB...just a play on words making a joke at the reshuffle and 'exiles' lah

sorry if anybody got their hopes up lah

7. unkowwn

unkowwn Kenkyuusei Stage48 Donor

I would suspect a future single from wasamin since Mujin-eki recorded and sold well. Would really appreciate a cover album with songs she performed in the past lives and since she already covered Heavy Rotation. It would be a nice foundation to experiment her vocals.

8. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

For a relative unknown UNRANKED AKB member and the genre of Enka where small sales are common....she did very well. I think the thorough promotion of her since its release, numerous TV renditions and events, and her increased exposure and support from AKB fans (ranked 33) that she should achieve much higher sales on her next single.

Yes she needs to establish a basic enka repertoire by doing some covers, maybe another AKB favourite in enka....but a new song that shows different aspects of her singing voice, and maybe increased skills now.

Hmmm something Christmassy would suit the timing.

9. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Wasamin is performing in the Enka New Year Festival Nagara group tomorrow, which I love because it means she is grouped as and is singing with Japan's real quality singers, though of course not to the level, but she is still 17 doing her apprenticeship.

However she also advise that tomorrow at the event....she has an important announcement.

Which with Wasamin could be anything.

One can only hope that while they are giving out singles to any and everyone they might give one to one of their singers. [think] Though how much that depends on Nagarapro or AKB I don't know. But I won't hold my breath on that.

10. eni

eni Kenkyuusei

What did she announce? [sweat]

Wow where is this station? It looks like the end of the world to me lol too much snow

11. Erin.

Erin. Kenkyuusei

^ I think it was somewhere in Aomori prefecture (the most northern prefecture on the main island of Japan). They get lots of snow there. [hehe] She had to shoot the pv quite early in the morning, so it must have been freezing. But the final product is beautiful, ne. (edit: see my next post)

She hasn't updated her blog with the announcement, and I think she just gave vague hints on g+. I wish she would just tell us! Or if someone who went to the event could tell us...

12. goratnik

goratnik Member

Oshimen:
    Akimoto Yasushi
    Twitter:
    goratnik
    ^ wait, I thought that station's name is just visible even in preview of the video, just inside quote...

13. Erin.

Erin. Kenkyuusei

^ Ah, yeah. Okuani eki (station), in Kita-Akita city, Akita prefecture. Why did I think Aomori? Maybe 'cause it gets more snow, haha.

14. ChocolateMochii

ChocolateMochii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aliciachanzia
    it looks pretty but kinda scary lol, is the station no longer in use because the tracks are completly covered in snow. or do they still function even being completly covered

15. Weezon

Weezon Member Stage48 Donor

i wanna go and take wasamin there, it will be a nice place to have a date.. ,,,yeah, its a little bit scary, with that too much snow wasamin might get lost.. :lol: ,, so please dont let go of my hands, :^O^: ,

no paparazzi = no scandal... :p :^O^:

btw i went there last summer its still on service..

[​IMG]

16. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Well congratulations on the announcement of her second single due in January.... maybe 31/1 ? 18th Birthday present, and a grown up girl who can stay up late....

Anyhow she has shown she has what it takes to be a singer in the world of her future peers. Hoping this next single will be another step up in performance and skill for her.

I notice Mujin Eki rose again to 89th spot the other day...still getting sales 8 months later....that enka for you.

17. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    Yes, unlike idols songs Enka songs have a long lifespan, they may start in a slow pace, but they grow each & everyday, & that's a good thing for Wasamin.
    ----------
    Shouldn't we make a thread for her 2nd single, or is it too early for that ?

18. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

in january,
    its gonna be battle between iwasa vs takamina, i hope :drool:

19. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami
    ^ NO NO NO,

I don't want to see my No.1 & 2 Oshi's battling together [sealed]

20. geoeyepie

geoeyepie Member

but its possibly,
    since takamina already know her label and if you saw tokyo dome scene, it seems gonna be priority.