1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single [SINGLE] Iwasa Misaki 2nd [Moshimo Watashi...] (2013/01/09)

Discussion in 'Subunit/Solo News & Discussion' started by Arubaro, Nov 5, 2012.

1. Arubaro

Arubaro Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    iwasamisaki
    [​IMG]

Iwasa Misaki 岩佐美咲
    "Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara"
    「もしも私が空に住んでいたら」
    January 9th, 2013
    Tokuma Japan Communications
    http://www.tkma.co.jp/enka/iwasa/

Iwasa Misaki's 2nd soloist single:

[​IMG][​IMG]

• Limited Edition(CD+DVD) TKCA-73860 / ¥1,600 (tax incl.)
      [CD]
      01. "Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara"
      02. "Flying get <Enka version>" (AKB48)
      03. "Ajisai Bashi" 「あじさい橋」 (Originally by Sanae Jōnouchi)
      04~06 Instrumental/Karaoke versions.
      [DVD]
      01. "Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara" (MV) [PV Teaser]
      02. "Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara" (Making MV)
      03. "Mr. Yukata Yamakawa asks Misaki Iwasa about things in life that causing her worries"
    • Regular Edition(CD Only) TKCA-73865 / ¥1,000 (tax incl.)
      [CD]
      01. "Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara"
      02. "Flying get" <Enka version> (AKB48)
      03 "Tsugaru~kaikyō Fuyukeshiki" 「津軽海峡・冬景色」 (originally by Sayuri Ishikawa)
      04~06 Instrumental/Karaoke versions.

Sources: Tokuma / Oricon / natalie

First week sales: 19k(18,929) (*6, *6, *6, *5, *6, *5, *5 = ranked 5th at Oricon's Weekly Chart and according SoundScan, LTD edition ranked 7th being the most sold it with 7,002 as the RGL edition ended at 19th with 3,382 copies sold).

[​IMG]

Source: Oricon 1/7~1/13 / SoundScan Chart

News:

• Wasamin, after 40 years(since Mori Masako), became the 2nd Enka's Female Newcomer at achieve two times in a row to make it into TOP5 Weekly Charts.

Source: Oricon

• During the event(at Aquacity), was announced the release of her 2nd solo single in January 2013 as a further surprise to Iwasa. An inspired Misaki said, "I was surprised it's this early" and also "I'm very eager", "I should work most hard for this second one" and "I want to hit even more than with Mujin Eki".

Source: natalie / Gallery: [​IMG] [​IMG]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Clips: (timeline)

"Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara" Promotional Video TV-Rip from MUSIC-ON! TV(SD quality).
    [vimeo]http://vimeo.com/69052864[/vimeo]
    130102 - Iwasa Misaki performing her "Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara" on NTV's AKBINGO!, broadcasted on January 2nd, 2013
    [vimeo]http://vimeo.com/56714881[/vimeo]
    130123 - Iwasa Misaki performing her "Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara" at the 2nd AKB48 Unit Matsuri 2013 (ユニット祭り2013) which was held on January 23th, 2013 at Tokyo Dome City Hall.
    [vimeo]http://vimeo.com/69050737[/vimeo]
    130126 - Iwasa Misaki performing "Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara" on Fuji TV's MUSIC FAIR, broadcasted on January 26th, 2013. The performance was featured with accompanying background music by Shunya Shimizu(on Piano) and Yuki Hanai(on Violin).
    [vimeo]http://vimeo.com/58241887[/vimeo]
    130205 - Iwasa Misaki singing her "Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara" at [NHK歌謡コンサート] Kayou Concert, broadcasted on NHK the past February 5th, 2013.
    [vimeo]http://vimeo.com/59119365[/vimeo]
    130317 - Iwasa Miisaki interviewed by Nagayama Yoko and then she sang her "Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara" at "Youko no Enka ~ Icchokusen" March 17th, 2013. Broadcasted on TV Tokyo.
    [vimeo]http://vimeo.com/62451107[/vimeo]
    130324 - Iwasa Misaki singing her "Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara" on Music Japan. March 24th, 2013.
    [vimeo]http://vimeo.com/62546069[/vimeo]
    130404 - Iwasa Misaki singing her "Moshimo Watashi ga Sora ni Sundeitara", at "Thursday 8 O'clock's Concerto ~ Classical Music! JAPANESE SONG~", broadcasted on TV Tokyo on April 4th, 2013.
    [vimeo]http://vimeo.com/63325459[/vimeo]

2. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Re: [SINGLE] Iwasa Misaki 2nd Single [TBD] (2013/01/09)

Mujin Eki turned out to be a stellar debut for Wasamin, not by sales but in the latent abilities it revealed in Wasamin, that we only hoped may have been there.

A song that let and made her use lots of technique and nuances, and all those live performances in total calmness she aced time after time. There was only one 'satisfactory' live performance from her, the rest were all class.

Her 2nd single was announced very soon after she stated she had finished her singing lessons. So I think there maybe some sort of connection as well, though she may not have been aware of it.

She is also nominated as best newcomer and has a fair chance of winning that as well, but even if she doesn't, actually being nominated puts her ahead of most of the rest on class. And this she did not in front of AKB crowds, but in front her 'peers' all of whom are accepted quality singers in Japan - the toughest thing of all, to sing in the big league as an 'equal' as it were.

Hoping for a song that like Mujin Eki that makes her use some more technique, lots of nuances again, and another classy theme and PV.

She wont sell that many CDs, AKB fans are not particularly interested enka or non shiny, non cute music and costumes, but she will be that accepted corner of real class and ability in AKB.

This one will be the one that should cement her as a singer in the real singing world, so I hope the song is as decent as ME. And with legend Mizumori Kaori by her side I am sure she can pull it off.

3. kashiko

kashiko Kenkyuusei

^ She sold better than you think. If I remember correctly, Mujin Eki already sold more than 50.000 copies, double more than 1st week sales, which is rarely among all 48 releases. She may sell less than, for ex, Tomochin (her last single sold around 70k first week, 90k total) but I think Wasamin's sales is better (less versions, chart longer). Well it's enka after all. Hope this single can achieve even better success.

4. barilbaril

barilbaril Kenkyuusei

I wish her luck with sales!!
    I wonder just how much enka sells compared to j-pop... and if she's being taken seriously by people who are fans are the genre.
    Anyway, looking forward to her single!

5. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

yeh I know she sold around 50k...and continues to sell. wont compare with mayuyu or shashihara sales...etc... (whose songs I think are pretty bad...just my taste I guess.)

Enka-wise 50k is excellent, most of that due to her personal and some other akb fans, some because of the novelty, maybe a few new non akb fans and maybe some adventuresome enks fans....

50k was enough to give her more singles. She will certainly retain her fans as buyers..and some more to boot. She will probably increase that number some..but I dont think she will be the money spinner the other girls are...though if her song is a real classic ....

I think Wasamin single was aki-p's guilty conscious at work saying he should do something with a bit of class to it.. . lol

The ultimate personal goal is of course for her to cement herself as a legitimate singer in the singers world for when she graduates in the future....so far so good with an excellent start.

6. shamurai48

shamurai48 Member

Oshimen:
    takahashiminami

Wasamin role from now on is as an ambassador of the Enka music in the Idols world, she needs to fish fans (in a good way) from the idol fandoms & bring them to know more & discover the Enka music that many of the young fans don't know & don't care about.

I want the next single to be a happy Enka style for a change, who says Enka don't have cute songs as well, Wasamin can do it.

7. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

As predicted, Wasamin getting more TV exposure in the lead up to her next release....earlier tonight...it will of course increase the closer it gets.

[dm]xuvx71_mje-10-2012-11-06_music[/dm]

8. Erin.

Erin. Kenkyuusei

Well, she's signed with Nagara Pro, which is a well-respected agency in the enka industry, and Wasamin has been able to spend time with some of the big names in the enka world. (I forget the woman's name, but a very famous enka singer in Wasamin's mentor.) They've been treating her very well so far. It's clear that she's a newbie, but it seems like most people have been giving Wasamin a chance to grab their attention, and I believe that a good number of enka fans have become interested in her.

I'm so happy her second single was finally announced. It's not up for sale on CDJapan though, so they best hurry and put it up!

9. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

I think that with the rapidly falling standards and musical credibility of AKB that it wont be long before people like Yuka and Wasamin will omit to mention they are from AKB in their introductions.

I believe Wasamin has done that twice already in her live TV performances, just had herself presented as Iwasa Misaki with no mention of AKB.

When they give singles to just anybody without relation to sing ability it heavily devalues the meaning of it. Previously it was a high prise only claimed by a few, for a long time...now it is everybody with the potential to rake in some quick bucks.

10. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

The last year has been a fantastic grounding and learning experience for Wasamin. Learning how to sing professional, gain better control of her voice etc. I think we are all incredibly proud of her...she really made the grade...and remains our lovable Wasamin.

And I think quite exciting apart from her two wins, is that in her last performance her voice was showing the signs of something new, a developing quality of sound. I think that is why a few tiny glitches happened along the way, she was letting her voice relax and go. So that is good, she will learn to get rid of them pretty quick and be left with an even better sound. Already I notice she is singing the higher Eee vowel with a more relaxed throat and mouth, and getting broader sound from it, it was very pleasing.

So I reckon this next song will be a further step in voice and singing quality from Wasamin.

What type of song??? I think something similar as light enka, that gives lots of chance to finesse the music and show off some skills....but am hoping for a young-positive or young-inspirational theme and of course an obligatory climax or two.

I like the idea of using Wasamin to attract a younger crowd toward enka, ballad music.

11. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

I think that has more to do with the fact that it allows her to stand more on her own than anything pertaining to AKB48's reputation taking some big hits lately. It doesn't do her much good to label herself an AKB member with the type of crowd she'll attract with her music. I was just thinking the other day actually that Tomochin is in a similiar situation and should take the same cues from Wasamin to try to distant herself more from AKB48 as she also has a sound/image that appeals to a audience that would have little to no interest in the group she's a part of. It'll be easier for Wasamin though since she's not a very prominent member and her face won't be one of those that automatically will make people (besides her fans/wota) think of AKB48. I can see her years into the future as an Enka star standing completely on her own feet with "she used to be a member of that super popular AKB48 group" being one of those "little known fun facts" mentioned every now and then.

I hope she starts getting more singles throughout the year though. One single this year compared to say, Mayuyu who debuted later but is already approaching single number 4 whom I still feel doesn't even need a solo career to begin with is just... :hmm: :fp: I'd kill for a Spring or Fall single... that's if they continue making use of natural surroundings with her releases... she'd look SO gorgeous in a sea of cherry blossom petals and just stunning against a palette of fall colors. GAH. :cute:

12. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

[I think that has more to do with the fact that it allows her to stand more on her own than anything pertaining to AKB48's reputation taking some big hits lately.]

Yeh that is right. Don't mean AKB's reputation as such, but it being identified as J-pop cute girls group and so on, though hugly successful and with a massive following. I agree that it was an early attempt to make Wasamin's journey into enka seem as serious endeavour and not just an AKB gimmick.

Well certainly now she is seen as being serious about this endeavour, but proving that she does have the ability.

Thinking about the next song...we already know Wasamin's 'money notes' (a singers strongest and most attractive note(s) in their range that impresses) and whatever the song it will include them suitably placed to impress.

I imagine they will concentrate on her youthfulness (ie first love, experience etc) as that ties in the two potential audiences.

13. Yuki88

Yuki88 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    KuroiYuki88

I personally think that Enka isn't a genre that requires the singer to release bulk of singles in a year since the promotion for 1 single has longer period compared to that of pop singer. 2 singles per year is good already. :)

14. Erin.

Erin. Kenkyuusei

^ 2 singles per year would be better than the 1 single we've had this year. :p

^^^ It'd be really nice if she released a single in the spring or autumn. Traditionally-speaking, those seasons have been really culturally important in Japan, so it'd be cool to see their influences in a single.

15. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

I think a single every 6 months is about right, so long as they are decent songs. MujinEki has gotten Wasamin 10 months and I think that is about as far as she could go and sing that song all the time.

I think at the very beginning of her ME thread it was mentioned that enka songs are slow burning creatures and get a continual flow of sales as they find their way into karaoke bars and persistence air play.

2 a year including her other duties followed by an album at some stage is about as busy as she wants to be really.

Also there is a dual purpose to these singles and one is to eventually establish herself on the enka circuit (including tv and radio) her future income will be a mixture of occasional singles and tv/radio/concert work.

Of course if she get really lucky and somebody rights her a real classic like Subaru then she would be made forever and a day.

16. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

OK so Wasamin is singing this single now. Will need to trap some of these teasers to post here.

I didn't expect her to be out with this so quickly, but I suppose she is more the pro this time around.

17. Asheron

Asheron Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    asheron02

Wasamin sang a short teaser snippet of the 2nd single today on NHK FM (broadcast live at today's handshake event).

[​IMG]

18. Aisansan

Aisansan Kenkyuusei

Can't tell too much from that segment which seems to be a phrase somewhere within the song, maybe a bridge, very hard to tell...could be the introduction lol

わたしが空に住んでいたら ??
    (if) I lived in the sky

Tempo and sound of that segment makes it seem like they might be going to focus a bit on voice quality and technique in this song. I hope so since I have noticed in very recent times she is starting to get a sonorous sound from those higher notes.

Anyway....now the interest starts.

19. oltrebla

oltrebla Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    takajoaki

The beat sounds like a waltz. Looking forward to hearing more.

20. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

Wow, short is actually really short here. It was basically 5 seconds maybe less lol but it was amazing. :^O^: Can't wait for the full!