Single [SINGLE] NMB48 4th [Nagiichi] 12/05/09

Discussion in 'NMB48 News & Releases' started by joooooooooe, Mar 12, 2012.

1. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    I didn't count, but the 3rd time I went (the day they before they released zetsumetsu) there was a lot of high school girls, and most of them seemed to be rikanyan fans. NMB have also performed female only concerts a few times.

Junjou U-19 was released Feb 8th :) Like I said, only around the time they get singles, otherwise you only ever see Sayaka and Mirukii in shoots.

2. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

Before they released zetsumetsu? That was quite early then, and they were already attracting many girls then? That's interesting to know.

I also read about the female-only concerts in the Japanese forums that discussed the female fans of NMB. Apparently as they always sold out so NMB continues to do it. Don't think AKB or SKE ever do that.

True, but since that single is not a summer single, swimsuit is not really mandatory. To me the fact that most of the gravure was done in swimsuit corroborates with the claim that NMB does more swimsuit gravure than AKB or SKE.

3. joooooooooe

joooooooooe Member Retired Staff

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    for sure, i definitely get thoughts that her talents are going to waste in NMB, but at the same time when i read about her struggles to get her band kicked off, NMB is also allowing her talents to shine.

being able to perform acoustic jungle gym is great for her, but then i feel like the gravure stuff is a waste of time for her talent. i'm for sure waiting for her to blossom into a full music-oriented solo career.

4. Gingerninja

Gingerninja Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kondorina
    SKE just rely on Girl on Girl action to promote their singles :p I haven't checked, mainly cos it'd take far too much effort, but I'd assume the amount of gravure shoots increases at single time for every group. Whether it's a summer shoot or not.
    For example, French Kiss do nothing but Gravure work to promote their singles. (Not that I can fault them for that, easily the most attractive sub-group.)

AKB was supposed to be a stepping stone, not a destination. So that's why it's easy to cheer for members who are doing something outside of their idol work in order to make a career for themselves
    such as;
    Nakayan's Seiyuu work
    Ranran's Golf.
    Wasamin's Enka..

NMB just aren't at that level to be used to further careers by themselves yet.

Its not the same thing, but I find Kanakichi much more likeable because she enjoys fishing. It's something outside of the the Idol world, which you just don't see for a lot of members.

5. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

I won't call it a waste, because she seems to use it cleverly -- that is, drawing attention to her and then let them find out more about her. From what I read, many seem to find the combination of her bodily charm (which is so clear) and her quick thinking, kindess to her team members, and quick and smart brain really intriguing. I don't know what was her dream when she joined NMB - but I think she should be able to explore career paths outside music field.

And back to topic, after listening to all the summer singles of AKB,SKE & NMB this year, I declare that Nagi-ichi is the best of the three. I think it is among the best of all summer singles from project48.

In short:
    Music - Nagi >> Manatsu >>>>>>> Aishite
    PV - Nagi >>>>>> Manatsu >>> Aishite :^O^:

6. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    i know they keep saying that but it really just doesn't ring true for me anymore...

oh, her dream is to be a singer-songwriter, so i'm eagerly awaiting when that switchover occurs.

7. lazyedt

lazyedt Kenkyuusei

::teary::

great discussions comrades!

but yea, I do think Nagichi is by far the best summer 48 song, if not the best, at least in the top3 (many ppl say ske's gonmen ne summer is the best summer 48 song, but yea.... whatever)

but do you guys think Aki-p is gonna shift Saya-sister to AKB in the future like Jurina? I mean milky is already in TEAM B....

8. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

Gomen ne Summer is really good, but my all-time best summer 48 song is SKE's Paleo wa Emerald. Nagi-ichi is on the same league as that song :)
    Not necessary. Just like Rena of SKE do not need to go to AKB, Reana and Sayanee are the top ace of SKE and NMB respectively, so like Rena most likely Sayanee will be called to form part of the media senbatsu and perform AKB songs together with AKB members on shows or concerts. At the end, it is best for SKE and NMB to retain their top ace without sharing it out. I believe this is why Aki-P picked the no.2 to join AKB (Jurina of SKE and Milky of NMB).

9. kimunlimited

kimunlimited Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    taniguchimegu
    Just linking.. not new.... [drunk]
    [​IMG]

10. symbv

symbv Kenkyuusei

^ The interview of NMB7 is a pleasure to read (what is your memory of summer, what comes to your mind when you hear nagi-ichi etc).

So the PV was filmed in Okinawa... No wonder they performed in Okinawa International Film Festival !

11. ryandtw

ryandtw Next Girls

Twitter:
    ryandtw_jpop
    Huh? Okinawa? Why would they select that compared to Guam or Hawaii? I mean, they're all warm, but what was their criteria...?

12. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    ^ budget, it's cheaper to fly domestically to okinawa than to fly internationally to Hawaii.

13. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    there's also a bit of history with okinawa. no, not shurijo.

i think one of their first external performance was in okinawa. they tend to visit pretty often.

actually i want to go to okinawa too. i heard it's like the hawaii of japan. ironically, my japanese friend from hawaii is okinawan. hmmm.

14. Tomokazu

Tomokazu Kenkyuusei

Yokohama, Kanagawa, Japan - Auckland, New Zealand
    ^ it is, it's a completely different taste of Japan. Lots of beaches, green and overall a beautiful place. The only problem is that you've gotta go at the right time, or else you're going to be crushed by Japanese tourists.

15. Smilodon

Smilodon Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Oshimen:
    shidamanaka
    Okinawa is wonderful. It's so different compared to the Japanese mainland. Hawaii is a fair comparison. It's cool. Though, as Tomokazu said above, it's a popular destination for tourists so it can get crowded.

Gomene Summer is still the best summer single in my opinion. Nagiichi doesn't even scratch the surface of GomeSummer. Though, Nagiichi is very much a happier song whereas GomeSummer is a very sad song lyrically. I just really like the 7 man senbatsu, plus the music video was really good too.

16. Whassup

Whassup Kenkyuusei

I think the reason they always go to the OIMF is because they are partly owned/managed by Yoshimoto. Yoshimoto is one of the major OIMF partners, and back in 2011 Star Hime also covered L.A.F.U.'s and Rhythmic's performance at the Festival alongside NMB. The show itself is possibly Yoshimoto sponsored, since they supplied them with Black Mayo and allowed them exclusive(?) coverage of the L.A.F.U. and NMB auditions, and Rhythmic's songs for their ending.

17. joooooooooe

Twitter:
    OsakaJooooooooe
    kinda late to be saying this but i got my nagiichi today.

got a fuuchan. those abs, lol

18. lazyedt

lazyedt Kenkyuusei

man, im still waiting for mine......from MHV.... hella slow...

and man... my G+ account is still suspended.... wth.... [sweat]

*UPDATE* JUST RECEIVED MY CDs! BOOM YAH! [party]

got a MILKY

19. thennarynak

thennarynak Kenkyuusei

I ended up getting both the Type A and B version of the single, originally I just got the Type A but later when I made my pre-order for Manatsu no Sounds Good I ordered the Type B for Nagiichi. And it was worth it as the bonus DVD feature for the two was so much fun to watch.

It was nice to get to know a few of the Team M members by watching it. And I felt rather proud of myself when I could figure out the answers to the test questions myself as I am pretty low level with my Japanese.

20. ChocolateMochii

ChocolateMochii Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    aliciachanzia
    Has anyone notice that the NMB girls look more healthy(they're not just skin and bones) when I watched manatsu no sounds good I was kinda shocked with how unhealthy the girl's bodies look. It can't be healthy, can it? I also remember seeing pictures of Itano at a live promotion 10nen and there's this pic of here waving to her fans and you can see her ribs so clear, there wasn't even a stomach just ribs