1. Check the 2023 Stage48 Member Ranking Results, how did your Oshimen rank this year?

Single [SINGLE] Nogizaka46 5th [Kimi no Na wa Kibou] '13/03/13

Discussion in 'Nogizaka46 News & Releases' started by caramujo, Dec 27, 2012.

1. rust

rust Kenkyuusei Retired Staff

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van
    Re: [SINGLE] Nogizaka46 5th Single [Title TBD] '13/03/13

So what do you folks think of this senbatsu?
    Personally, I have tried to lower my expectation to the worst. This is certainly not the worst, but I still can't help but feel disappointed. I must say management have never fail to disappoint since I become a fan (after HashBiku). I guess it no surprise that Sony is losing hundred billions per year with management like this...

I am happy that two members that never made senbatsu are in, namely Nagashima Seira & Itou Nene. It also make sense that Kanarin is in, considering her popularity. However, this mean there are still gonna be 9 members who never made senbatsu. At this rate (two new members into senbatsu per single), it will take 5 more singles before all these members have entered senbatsu. & 2nd generation is coming up soon, maybe by the sixth single. All things considered prospect look bleak for the back members. Frankly speaking I won't be surprised if more graduation is announced soon...

There have been a complete lack of change in the Hachifukujin. Not even the internal positions makeup. This is really disappointing I must say. Naachan & Kazumin are 4th & 5th in popularity, & are not in. The top trio are still behind the "centres" & continue to be blocked (which is really unfar merit-wise, as they sold roughly 2/3 of the total handshake blocks right now...) Simply put, there's a lot of members that deserve a shot at hachifukujin over current members, yet no change at all.

Sigh... I'm sad.

2. hinatan

hinatan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawagohina

OMG Rust make a twitter already we can cry together :cry:

3. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van

^Done. Let's cry together! :cry:

4. mieniem

mieniem Member Stage48 Donor

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

I mainly just bummed out that the top 8 is still the same, seriously that is where changes need to be made.

5. newAKB48fanboy

newAKB48fanboy Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    nakadakana

so happy for kanarin, nene and nagashima [party]
    however I am disappointed that its pretty clear there will be very little 'shifting of members for senbatsu.' even more so for hachifukujin, those spots are pretty much secure for ikoma, reika, nanamin etc.
    And for those girls who are lucky enough to get in senbatsu, get placed in the back with ALL the non-hachifukujin members. so the dance formation is always
    Front row- 3 hachifukujin
    Middle row- the other 5 hachifukujin
    Last row- everyone else

6. willdant

willdant Kenkyuusei

Kanarin becom e senbatsu again :blush: , and sayurin still 8 fukujin :blush: ....

7. Jun

Jun Kenkyuusei

I'm glad with Kanarin back to senbatsu but there were no surprises.. I think only with the 2nd gen the things will start to change

8. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

Agreed. Back senbatsu actually panned out the way I wanted with the demotions of Ashurin and Rena and new additions to senbatsu. I'm just disappointed that the new additions didn't include Mikumo, Maaya, Yamatomato, or Hinatan. Also miffed that once again, MisaMisa had been overlooked as a returning senbatsu despite her popularity. I'm starting to fear she will be the Amina of this group, popular but not favored by mgmt. :hmm:

The Hachifukujin system is looking worse and worse by the single. At least, AKB's Kami 7 is determined by election results so its in that aspect fair. Hachifukujin isnt even determined by the fans wishes but purely the preferences of mgmt so the very least they can do is to change it up every single to create the illusion of a competitive atmosphere but it looks like they aren't even doing that anymore. If there were at least some actual merit to how the Top 8 of this group were chosen then I could understand, what is it that allows you to be in this prized spot anyway. Talent? Popularity? Effort? I cannot say anything about the third as it is frankly hard to measure but the first two cannot be qualified as there as arguably girls in Kami 8 that only have one or neither. Which means I can only believe this 'elite' group is decided purely on whom mgmt feels should be there which is a complete slap in the face to the girls who have earned higher fan support and those girls who command higher performance ability. For what is it can these girls possibly aim for if they efforts to advance are for nought? Seeing this, Yuminee's graduation makes even more sense and like rust, I feel we are going to start seeing similar exits sooner than we'd like.

9. yic17

yic17 Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    hirateyurina

Yeaaaah that's how I feel as well. I think Aki-P wants 5th single to have almost the same senbatsu lineup because it will be the LAST ONE for 1st gen. So perhaps it's best to wrap it up with the same top girls + Ikoma center.

When 2nd gen debuts in 6th single, the senbatsu lineup will surely change. We may even get a new center who is from 2nd gen .....

Either way, I *am* kind of disappointed in how there's not a lot of change. But then again I can understand maybe why that is (my theory above) so I'm *okay* with it.

10. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

^ How many 2nd gen do you think is gonna be put in the 6th single? Think they'll take Hoshino Minami out as a result.

11. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

Looking at the 48 groups track record involving generations following the 1st... I'm not really expecting there to be but a few 2nd gen in the singles for a while and they'll be the most popular coming in. Hmm, you have a point about Hoshimina... She is in that 3rd place spot mgmt usually gives to the next gen girl they want to push (like Jo, Meru) but somehow, I think they'll manage to fill her spot with someone even more anti-ed and controversial.

12. mieniem

Oshimen:
    kuramochiasuka

Ooh a game should be played when they introduce these second gens, called pick your new oshi, cause seriously i think we need to look at whatever second gen coming more positively cause i just read that Jurina Story and well it very likely this member might be someone we'll eventually really like, so how about starting out like that. So lets not be in the behavior that this person did something wrong by being here.

13. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van

A lot of fans were originally against having a second generation, with the rationale being that it will increase competition for limited resource which is already not enough for the 1st gen member. Many of the same fans are now actually more open to the 2nd gen, in the hope that it will shake things up a bit. If that can happen, I must say I look forward to it too than.

About HoshiMina... sigh I hope she get demoted in the next single but I don't expect it to happen under the current circumstances. It pretty weird to see someone wanting a member one likes to get demoted I guess... but it pretty clear to me that she is not benefiting from these pushes at all, & putting Minami as centre is neither fair nor equitable.

One thing I just noticed is that of the 5 Nogizaka singles where the senbatsu are known (including this one), the only one where the there was actually a change in "centres" is the 2nd single, whereas all others are Ikuchan, Ikoma, & Minami. That's pretty depressing really, considering the top trio are untouchable too (& they don't want to touch captain it seems, maybe Manatsu too even.)

I also really hate the way they announce the senbatsu. To me they are unnecessarily inflicting pain & suffering to the many Nogizaka members, especially those whom have never made it to senbatsu before. & of all the time available for management to made the announcement they decided to do it around the New Year! A time of celebration! Of course, a few members will be happy to some degree, members such as Nene & Seira whom made it to senbatsu for the first time, or members like Ikoma & Minami, who will be happy to know their position are prolly secured for good in spite of everything. But the pain & suffering such announcement inflicting upon the members who did not achieve upward mobility must be tremendous. Now that I think about it, these members have pride & self-dignity too, such an announcement must be greatly humiliating to these members too.

Sigh, sad. I guess from now on if there will be a senbatsu announcement, I should be prepared to rant. :(

14. SugarYumYum

SugarYumYum Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    tashimameru

I absolutely agree and I'm prepared to welcome all the lovely new blood we'll be getting from years to come. What I'm worried about are the wota... They tend to be harsh when a girl they arent 100% behind gets pushed and even the most rational of fans start getting frustrated such is Hoshimina's case right now. I just hope whoever they push from the new gen is more of an Ikuchan and less of an Ikoma, someone everyone can get behind right away.

15. hinatan

hinatan Kenkyuusei

Oshimen:
    kawagohina

this isn't HKT where they got a 2nd gen before their single even came out though! BTW I dont think 2nd gen will appear on the 6th single. Maybe have a kenkyuusei song on the theater edition or an introductory DVD bonus. We probably won't see them until march or april anyways.. (judging by the release schedule its one single every 3 months so if profiles are up by April then they'd have 2-3 months of training before even thinking about entering senbatsu) they should focus on learning all of the choreography 5 singles in. 7th single would make more sense.

although I am excited to see what new system will be involved for putting them to work! is it finally a theater? hmm

16. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van

I agree it is important to keep an open mind in regard to new members & even air-dropped members. Even if one have a problem with such pushing, it should be expressed toward management, not the members themselves. I do think that many of the rejection of newer or air-dropped members are understandable thou. If one looks at it from the standpoint of veteran members who have contributed before the joining of the new members, it only make sense that there will be frustrations. That being said, I do think some pushes (such as the Jurina push) were beneficial to the groups as a whole, & such kind of push should be accepted.

It is a balancing act thou, if there exist blatant disregard for effort & popularity of current members plus obvious favouritism, then I think large-scale outburst of frustration should not be unexpected. Unfortunately I think this is the case of Nogizaka right now. :(

17. Jul3

Jul3 Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    Jul3rd

5th Single Individual Member Handshake event dates decided:

March 16, Makuhari Messe
    March 31, Tokyo Big Sight
    April 14, Port Messe Nagoya
    April 21, Pulse Plaza Kyoto
    April 29, Pacifico Yokohama

http://www.nogizaka46.com/news/2013/01/46-5th.php

Sales as normal, from http://ch.chara-ani.com/
    First round starts tomorrow (Jan 18th) and closes Jan 21st.

18. rust

Twitter:
    Rusted_Van

Handshake result for the second round ending is out!!!
    [​IMG]

Basically, with the exception of Maiyan getting out eight blocks already, & one block each for Nanamin & Sayurin, it is nil foe everyone else.

For comparison sake, here's the second round ending for the forth single.
    [​IMG]

19. caramujo

caramujo Kenkyuusei

The single is titled "Kimi no Na wa Kibou" (「君の名は希望」). Here's a preview of the 5th single's seifuku (from the Nikkan Sports' Ikoma's column):
    [​IMG]

When I saw rumors of the title, I thought it would be the name of a c/w.. :p

In case you dont know, it will be shown for the first time on this week's Nogidoko.
    [​IMG]

Edit: reading the final bit of the article, the song apparently sounds close to a ballad with acoustic guitar and piano.

20. naruse

naruse Kenkyuusei

Twitter:
    naruse48
    That costume looks horrible :lol: